Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Buzkashi posted:

How do I make an Air Gem? I can only make an Arcane one right now

You need high-ish for early game lore (4 I think?) of the respective element to make their gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Omi no Kami posted:

Are there any obvious class picks for T2-4? I kinda wish they offered a preview of what their thing was before committing.

I think the charm is to just pick something and go, they're all fine

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pixaal posted:

because focus is "active" play

but i need to either click ceaselessly or smash my keyboard. i don't want to get carpal tunnel

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

but i need to either click ceaselessly or smash my keyboard. i don't want to get carpal tunnel

mousekeys

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Clicky.ahk
code:
F9::
    While GetKeyState("F9", "P"){
        Click
        Sleep 5 ;  milliseconds
    }
return
install AutoHotKey put the code in a text file, rename the file Clicky.ahk (make sure you are changing the extension clicky.ahk.txt will not work). Double click and now whenever you hold F9 you will left click at the cursor every 5ms. You can change sleep 5 to something else if you prefer a different delay. I wouldn't go lower a lot of idle games lag hard and seem to lock up at 5ms.

Oh it doesn't have to be called clicky either you can call it magical fart demon and it will still work the same.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Eldercain posted:

I think the charm is to just pick something and go, they're all fine

Cool, that's easy enough- thanks ^^

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Turns out it was Enchanting skill that did more specific gem types. Now I just have to figure out how to increase my max storage of enchanted gems ...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Buzkashi posted:

Turns out it was Enchanting skill that did more specific gem types. Now I just have to figure out how to increase my max storage of enchanted gems ...

I found that before I even unlocked enchanted gems and had no idea what that tooltip was trying to even tell me. It's still very poorly worded

So + Max Gem is all enchanted gems, and +Max gems is unenchanted gems. Gem Boxes give you +3 unenchanted and +2 of every enchanted to max, I think there was a gem pouch before it that you need to buy up to unlock it

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Does spinning gold get better than offering services?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dragongem posted:

Does spinning gold get better than offering services?

Prestidigitation is better than offering services. I afked at that overnight and wow just wow I can't imagine having money problems ever.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Mr Scumbag posted:

OP reminded me of Shark Game so I clicked the link to see if I still had a save.

I don't even remember if these numbers are good, it's been so long (Looks like it was early in a run, which sucks):

So what about Clickraid2, is that any good?

It's doesn't really matter because the power ramp in Shark Game is great and after many resets you end up being able to reset and max out really quickly really fast. Shark Game doesn't overstay its welcome and that's what makes it great.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

How do I get the ghost writing tree started?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Klungar posted:

spirit + air

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

The Fool posted:

spirit + air

I have both of those, what action/upgrade/furniture/spell kicks it off?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

What levels? Do you have your tier 1 class yet?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

The Fool posted:

What levels? Do you have your tier 1 class yet?

Ah, no, I'm still T0, trying to get my research cap high enough to buy Magician. Spirit 7, Air 8

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I could be wrong, but I think you need your t1 class.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I made an autocast script, paste the following in to you browser console. I've only tested it with chrome.

code:
// I shamelessly stole this sleep function from the first google result I saw
function sleep(ms) {
  return new Promise(resolve => setTimeout(resolve, ms));
}

// Dislaimer: I wrote this for personal use, so if anyone else uses it and it messes up their game it's not my fault.
// slotNumber, quickslot number of the spell you want to cast 1 through 10
// numberOfCasts, how many times you want to autocast the spell
// castDelay, delay in ms to wait between casts
async function autocast(slotNumber, numberOfCasts, castDelay) { 
    for (i = 0; i < numberOfCasts; i++) {
        console.log("Casting spell in slot number: " + slotNumber);
        console.log("Autocast progress: " + (i + 1) + "/" + numberOfCasts);
        document.getElementsByClassName('quickslot')[slotNumber - 1].childNodes[0].click(); 
        console.log(castDelay + "ms until next cast attempt.");
        await sleep(castDelay);
    } 
}
Example, cast the spell in slot 1 5 times every 30 seconds:
code:
autocast(1, 5, 30000)

The Fool fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 26, 2019

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Klungar posted:

e: I sold my writing desk ages ago, that was what I was missing.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 26, 2019

DawnOfMinstrel
Jun 27, 2013

something posted:

:toot: NGU got approved for release!

I was able to move up the official release date to October 1, 2019!

I feel like this has been drowned out due to Arcanum chat, but congratulations, 4G!

Gonna grab it as soon as it's there and drop some cash on it.

Swivel Master
Oct 10, 2004

Floating in much the same way that bricks don't.
Hey goons, I haven't posted on SA for like... ten years... but I'm making an idle game now so this seemed like a good place to come back to.

It's currently in 'private alpha,' which basically means I have a Discord and a bunch of email addresses to spam every week when I submit a new build to Apple and Google.

A bit about my game:

What is currently has:
- Build a criminal empire
- Build floors of your underground lair
- Hire minions and send them on missions or assign them to your lair for a production bonus
- Collect and use boosts that increase production

What it does not yet have:
- A prestige mechanic
- Prestige skill tree type thing
- Writing for any of the missions, so right now they're all quick brown foxes and lazy dogs
- Final UI or art, so it's kinda ugly ATM
- The ability to unlock additional cities

Is it against the rules to post a link to a google form that collects email addresses and gives out a Discord link?

edit:

Okay here's the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13-gyvMGwHP8wixRYbXxh-q3Cqby4d6_fVdozbDuNuKA/edit

Swivel Master fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 27, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That's more elaborate than NGU was when it got started, :justpost: imo

Swivel Master
Oct 10, 2004

Hah all right, I'm just so used to posting on subreddits with really specific rules like "if you're posting your game, you have to include at least one screenshot" or "don't self-promote more than once a week and use the correct Flair or we delete your post."

Anyway, here's the survey link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13-gyvMGwHP8wixRYbXxh-q3Cqby4d6_fVdozbDuNuKA/edit

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Yeah we all about goon made games here just be ready for criticism and feedback. We all drove 4g crazy but you can't argue with the results

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I don't like having to fill out a Google form to play your game.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I unquit Arcanum, how do I see the requirements for stuff in-game (like, I don't want to be a Magician because Elementalist will exist) or is it all Discord-only

also how do I get more drat skill points, Pace will take forever

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I unquit Arcanum, how do I see the requirements for stuff in-game (like, I don't want to be a Magician because Elementalist will exist) or is it all Discord-only

also how do I get more drat skill points, Pace will take forever

Discord has all the spoiler stuff and it's pretty well documented. Skill points can be easily gotten from leveling and whisper spell.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rynoto posted:

Discord has all the spoiler stuff and it's pretty well documented. Skill points can be easily gotten from leveling and whisper spell.
oh poo poo, I have that spell showing up as something I can unlock (also I forgot Adventure existed, lmao)

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
Have a dozen or so ghosts writing books for me to eat now while I occasionally drop in to sell weed and unlock new schools of magic to explore. Thanks thread.

Also each book I eat gives me a new ghost!

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Potions can't be hotkeyed, right? I always feel silly hovering in Equip to click the stamina thingies when I'm in adventure mode.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Where the gently caress do you get runestones. I swear to god.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Crafting 15

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
One thing I discovered that's helpful in the mid-stages of Arcanum: Any of the white-box actions (like gather herbs, sell herbs, and especially focus) can be turbo-mashed. Just click it once, and then hold the enter key and it'll keep doing that button at your keyboard's repeat rate.

This only works for the normal button, not the little mini quick button over your mana bars.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cinara posted:

Crafting 15
Neat. Time to find out what piece of furniture I can buy for the one extra level.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Musluk posted:

e: I sold my writing desk ages ago, that was what I was missing.

Thanks, that is what I was missing too apparently.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The game let me ascend to tier 5 without having the right amount of research and now I have 0/0 without the ability to use most of the max research options because they require research. :madmax:

e: whoop, I'm back. I just had to literally grind for a while.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 27, 2019

Swivel Master
Oct 10, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I don't like having to fill out a Google form to play your game.

I need email addresses to invite via Apple/Google's beta programs. If you want to just email me directly please send an email to cosmicturtlegames@gmail.com from the email address your platform account is with and let me know which platform you want an invite for.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts

Ghostlight posted:

Neat. Time to find out what piece of furniture I can buy for the one extra level.

You can raise max Crafting with actions :q: crafting gems, not furniture.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

For folks who haven't, make a note to refresh Arcanum now and then.
Took a while to notice since the changelog isn't being updated at this time, but the version number is indeed going up.
...Dunno what's different, but got some unholy candles and the numbers over the mana bars seem easier to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Arcanuse posted:

For folks who haven't, make a note to refresh Arcanum now and then.
Took a while to notice since the changelog isn't being updated at this time, but the version number is indeed going up.
...Dunno what's different, but got some unholy candles and the numbers over the mana bars seem easier to read.

Did Research caps get buffed in some way? Cause I accidentally closed the tab, reopened it, and had WAY more than before. Like, 10k, where previously it was 3000something.