Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i wonder if there was a bunch of dipshits on the left during the Watergate investigation that were like we shouldn't impeach Nixon and instead beat him at the ballot box

or if that's more of a singular thing of our era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I honestly think only the media and Adam Schiff actually give a poo poo that Trump makes fun of Adam Schiff constantly.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

i wonder if there was a bunch of dipshits on the left during the Watergate investigation that were like we shouldn't impeach Nixon and instead beat him at the ballot box

I mean the investigation didn't really kick into gear until after he bulldozed his way to re-election.

Majorian posted:

I honestly think only the media and Adam Schiff actually give a poo poo that Trump makes fun of Adam Schiff constantly.

I mean I'm sort of amused by how utterly petty and insecure Trump is to be making fun of someone else's neck (considering the horrifying condition of his own), but yeah.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Rex-Goliath posted:

Everyone was going nuts over that one guy getting shitfaced and calling all the news channels while his lawyers tried to break down his door

To be fair, that was absolutely insane and everyone deserved to go nuts over that madness. Stone's lieutenant goes on one show, breaks the gently caress down, calls into another less than an hour later, continues breaking down.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh my god Rudy is so hosed.

Rudy is of course not in charge of anything, at all, but it would be extremely fun to see the entire House set up a folding card table on the floor next to the bathrooms in the distance for him to sit at while he gets probed about his crimes (!).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1177407626461757440

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Is anyone else concerned that apart from the Trump stuff, that targeting Biden on Ukraine will boost his approval among the party. The more Trump leans into it being about investigating him the more attention he will grab and the media will run with it and when we finally get Trump nailed we end up with loving Joe Biden. This thread has moved something like 40 pages today so sorry if I missed if anyone else shared my concerns and it's too early to count the eggs.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I demand the tempo of madness continue.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hunter Biden receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars from a Ukrainian company while his dad was leading diplomatic negotiations with that country is very shady, and it's not whataboutism or defending Donald Trump to point that out.

In a vacuum, sure. But if you never brought it up before this scandal broke out it sure is. Context matters. There’s a reason Trump has been bleating about it nonstop for days now.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Is anyone else concerned that apart from the Trump stuff, that targeting Biden on Ukraine will boost his approval among the party. The more Trump leans into it being about investigating him the more attention he will grab and the media will run with it and when we finally get Trump nailed we end up with loving Joe Biden. This thread has moved something like 40 pages today so sorry if I missed if anyone else shared my concerns and it's too early to count the eggs.

This is pretty much on every page today.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Angry_Ed posted:

I mean the investigation didn't really kick into gear until after he bulldozed his way to re-election.

I mean I'm sort of amused by how utterly petty and insecure Trump is to be making fun of someone else's neck (considering the horrifying condition of his own), but yeah.

clearly Nixon carried 49 states because McGovern stuck too close to the center so we shouldn't go chasing these Watergate conspiracies and focus instead on the issues

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Rudy should be on Fox News soon or now. Someone live post or link us to a Twitter guy who is. I don’t have Fox News.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Don Lemon played a clip of Hillary from today where she laid out a Republican talking point about impeachment grinding the house to a halt. How is she so bad on every single issue?

Booker was on the program at the same time and his face spoke volumes about what a lovely take it was.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/sawyerhackett/status/1177394610370297856?s=21

Finally cancel culture is real and people on twitter are saying they’re on the phone canceling their NY Times subscriptions (apparently they make you call?) and the wait time is like 300 minutes.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Slowpoke! posted:

Rudy should be on Fox News soon or now. Someone live post or link us to a Twitter guy who is. I don’t have Fox News.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1177409860033552384?s=19

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Angry_Ed posted:

The Republicans also successfully managed to paint Watergate as the Democrats attempting to smear the President on the eve of the election. IIRC it actually hurt them in the election, which is obviously insane in retrospect.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

You’d think Fox wouldn’t let him on anymore just to protect him and Trump.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

I hope this impeachment inquiry doesn't immediately fall apart mere months before the 2020 election. It'll be rallying for the GOP and harder to dethrone Trump. :tinfoil:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

CmdrRiker posted:

I hope this impeachment inquiry doesn't immediately fall apart mere months before the 2020 election. It'll be rallying for the GOP and harder to dethrone Trump. :tinfoil:

"Oh no! If we do absolutely anything Trump will use it against us! Better freeze!"

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
goddamn Rudy is such a great character

also as usual Birb knows what's really important

https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1177406003425366016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/cjcmichel/status/1177411488203644928
https://twitter.com/nicoleperlroth/status/1177412980708794369

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

pahuyuth posted:

goddamn Rudy is such a great character

https://twitter.com/cjcmichel/status/1177411488203644928?s=19

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

There was a whole lot less of a divide at the time, in both directions. "Left" and "Right were a bit more murky; lot's had to do with what reps could bring back to their constituencies. Representatives and Senators still had to go back to their voters and argue their positions about impeachment to an unsure electorate, at least at first. Then more information came out and it went bad for Nixon and the polls tanked on both "sides".

Short answer: dipsits and heroes, left and right.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Real take though: something is probably wrong with Rudy

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You’d think Fox wouldn’t let him on anymore just to protect him and Trump.

Ratings are hell of a drug.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1177414803733798918?s=20

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fire. Bad.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:stare:

What the gently caress? Is this the political equivalent of a Mexican Standoff? Trump vs Pence vs Rudy vs Pompeo? Is Mulvaney going to end up as acting president?

Slowpoke! posted:

Understatement of the loving century, buddy.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Slowpoke! posted:

He's old and literally brain damaged

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Otteration posted:

Ratings are hell of a drug.

Rudy legit has brain damage. He had a really bad fall and head injury while drunk a couple of years ago. He's always been a shitstain but he's become quite unhinged since then.

And nobody will do anything about it, just like nobody will acknowledge Trump's growing dementia.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

There has to be more recordings of these kinds of meet-and-greets. He probably does the "grab em by the pussy" line for laughs.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm starting to think there should be mandatory retirement at age 60 for elected officials. After that their brain just starts turning to mush.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Its honestly loving surreal that the president, the presidents lawyer, and the democratic primary frontrunner all suffer from obvious mental degradation and nobody loving notices.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Do you think the other world leaders ever laugh about Trump together in private?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do you think the other world leaders ever laugh about Trump together in private?

I think there was probably a lot of :stonklol: at the UN this week

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

Rudy legit has brain damage. He had a really bad fall and head injury while drunk a couple of years ago. He's always been a shitstain but he's become quite unhinged since then.

And nobody will do anything about it, just like nobody will acknowledge Trump's growing dementia.

Somebody will stick a pole up Rudy's rear end and invite him to be puppeteered on the TV, with his consent and insistence no less. Amazing that we are surprised.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Lote posted:

Dying throes of the Deep State, most likely.

In a way, that assessment is right. Trump has been escalating bad behavior and cleaning house of everyone that speaks up or is uncomfortable. He’s trying to surround himself with true believers such that he becomes untouchable. The only problem is that you start to surround yourself with the people that have bad cognitive dissonance that can’t interpret any of the data that they’re getting. See Devin Nunes suing his own cow.

Also, I believe he meant perfect with regards to the call in that it perfectly conveyed an implicit quid pro quo therefore, in Trumps mind, “perfectly” legal.

But over half a dozen officials from as late as May-July were talking to the whistle blower. That means that people that have stuck with him for three years or people have recently joined despite being aware of how bad he was, still thought his behavior was beyond the pale. It seems like something as simple as packing his staff with true believers is beyond Trump.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

bird cooch posted:

I demand the tempo of madness continue.

Thread title

Otteration posted:

Short answer: dipsits and heroes, left and right.

No I changed my mind, this is thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

quote:

There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going.
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing.