Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't get it. I have no idea what's going on there.

Well you see, their father is homosexual, but they're ambivalent about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

it's me, the guy who lols hard every time james adomian pulls a ref from his apparently extensive classical education, like the plays of aristophanes occasionally featuring comically large prosthetic penises

Right?! He's way too smart, it's upsetting.

AceRimmer posted:

Lol was this from the Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart episode?

My favorite thing from this was them trading famous lines of theirs back and forth before they just started blatantly making them up, ie:

Sir Ian: My God! There are gods and monsters all around us!

Sir Patrick: My little French nephew is dead and now I must get revenge against the Borg!

Majorian has issued a correction as of 16:44 on Sep 26, 2019

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't get it. I have no idea what's going on there.

DGSW was a notorious shitposter on here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

DGSW was a notorious shitposter on here

okay that makes it funnier

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
new radio war nerd is up, they talk about the saudi refinery drone strike and max blumenthal is on. hell yeah

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/1177334033572880384?s=19

The Shocktober miniseries is gonna whip yall

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

Donoteat and Aliceavizandum have good chemistry

What were they on together

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kind of disappointed they aren't doing one on Lex and Terry. They're pretty big in the south east. However, I can't remember anything especially repugnant about them, just generically so.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

Kind of disappointed they aren't doing one on Lex and Terry. They're pretty big in the south east. However, I can't remember anything especially repugnant about them, just generically so.

It's also only a month long and four of the five they're doing are fairly big names

The only one I'd never heard of was Tom leykis

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's also only a month long and four of the five they're doing are fairly big names

The only one I'd never heard of was Tom leykis

Leykis was a proto-shock jock in L.A. for a long time. Notoriously misogynistic. Adomian's impression is pretty accurate.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

this is one podcast event where I'll be upset if they don't use enough stings throughout *toilet flushing* *foghorn* *cartoon voice screaming "AOOOOUGAH"*

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Needs more john boy and billy big show

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

todays street fight, like many episodes, reveals another deeply disturbing peek into bryans life

this time regarding his laundry

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

What were they on together

https://youtu.be/1TOS68qWHhw

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Jon Irenicus posted:

todays street fight, like many episodes, reveals another deeply disturbing peek into bryans life

this time regarding his laundry

Brett getting increasingly distressed killed me

Serf
May 5, 2011

new economic update has the potential to make people mad lol

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

What did he do

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Serf posted:

new economic update has the potential to make people mad lol

He's still semi-canceled for calling Huey Long a fascist.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

mila kunis posted:

new radio war nerd is up, they talk about the saudi refinery drone strike and max blumenthal is on. hell yeah

Max kinda lost me on "The regime wasn't causing genocide, they were preventing it!" I mean, I don't doubt that the atrocities committed by the "moderate rebels" were all true, but I also believe the statistic that the SAA caused vastly more deaths in the war than any other faction

Same with Hong Kong. No doubt there are right wing elements among the protestors, but that's not enough to take the side of the cops on this one. Who have undoubtedly beaten more heads in than anyone in Hong Kong who pays attention to Little Marco Rubio, lmao

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I'm still subscribed to It Could Happen Here, and they just uploaded an ad for a new podcast called The Worst Year Ever. I know I shouldn't judge it based on the ad, because literally all podcast ads are terrible, they always make the podcast they're advertising sound like unlistenable dogshit. But The Worst Year Ever really seems like their mission statement was "Diet Chapo"

Diet Chapo, brought to you by iHeartRadio

Also it's both anarchist and pro-US imperialism

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Max kinda lost me on "The regime wasn't causing genocide, they were preventing it!" I mean, I don't doubt that the atrocities committed by the "moderate rebels" were all true, but I also believe the statistic that the SAA caused vastly more deaths in the war than any other faction

Same with Hong Kong. No doubt there are right wing elements among the protestors, but that's not enough to take the side of the cops on this one. Who have undoubtedly beaten more heads in than anyone in Hong Kong who pays attention to Little Marco Rubio, lmao

do you have anything to back either of these statements up or is it just your 'feelings'

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ace of Baes posted:

do you have anything to back either of these statements up or is it just your 'feelings'

???

I'd like to hear your objections to the second statement:

quote:

Same with Hong Kong. No doubt there are right wing elements among the protestors , but that's not enough to take the side of the cops on this one.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Being against another color revolution isn't "siding with the cops." As if cops are a political stance. Would you side with the Proud Boys if they were being cracked down on by the pigs? I'm not conflating the two just pointing out how reductive it is to frame this as a "you're either with the cops or with the people" issue.

When city people start thinking of themselves as a national polity separate from the country they're actually a part of, then that's an incredibly toxic mix. The turnout has also rapidly declined since the extradition treaty was taken off the table, which means the character of the protesters has already been boiled down to its most reactionary elements.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i don't think many people in hong kong think they're separate from hong kong

Serf
May 5, 2011

Goon Danton posted:

What did he do

its actually a full episode of harriet fraad explaining how capitalism has hosed over white dudes. there's some wild poo poo in there

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

i don't think many people in hong kong think they're separate from hong kong

lmao

If you think first world fortress politics is bad now, wait until city-state separatism becomes more popular.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I don't have any special love in my heart for China but even I am not going to side with what is so obviously just another US color revolution

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Serf posted:

its actually a full episode of harriet fraad explaining how capitalism has hosed over white dudes. there's some wild poo poo in there

capitalism fucks over everyone who isn't a capitalist, to different degrees, which includes the vast majority of white dudes. and, hell, radicalizing white dudes against capitalism rather than immigrants or women or whatever is probably a good idea

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lmao

If you think first world fortress politics is bad now, wait until city-state separatism becomes more popular.

We have at least the beginnings of it in New York

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lmao

do you like Singapore? well what if St. Louis was like that and subjugated East St. Louis in a simil--- wait, poo poo, they already do that

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Victory Position posted:

do you like Singapore? well what if St. Louis was like that and subjugated East St. Louis in a simil--- wait, poo poo, they already do that

It's pretty wild that Singapore has a GDP equal to all of Malaysia.

Of course the biggest hurdle to city-state separatism these days is that practically any city can be rendered economically redundant if it even thinks of separating from a country. That's why the Hong Kong protests are going to fall short of actual independence, and they'll settle on just agitating for a liberal democracy. That's fine I guess, but it's not going to solve any of your problems. The same interests that control Hong Kong now still will afterwards, they'll just do it through a series of conservative and liberal executives.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Finicums Wake posted:

capitalism fucks over everyone who isn't a capitalist, to different degrees, which includes the vast majority of white dudes. and, hell, radicalizing white dudes against capitalism rather than immigrants or women or whatever is probably a good idea

yeah and i reckon most of their audience would agree. but some people just ain't ready for advanced poo poo like that. it also has some definite weirdness that comes from fraad being an old person with some weird opinions

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

When city people start thinking of themselves as a national polity separate from the country they're actually a part of, then that's an incredibly toxic mix. The turnout has also rapidly declined since the extradition treaty was taken off the table, which means the character of the protesters has already been boiled down to its most reactionary elements.

That's ignoring that Hong Kong has a completely separate political system from the PRC. Right now they can vote and they have legal recourse. In 28 years all of that goes away and they are integrated with a country that has political prisoners and concentration camps. No wonder they're nervous and angry and thinking about independence. I don't buy that this is a US op, either. Yeah there's a trade war but the PRC is still good for business.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

That's ignoring that Hong Kong has a completely separate political system from the PRC. Right now they can vote and they have legal recourse. In 28 years all of that goes away and they are integrated with a country that has political prisoners and concentration camps. No wonder they're nervous and angry and thinking about independence. I don't buy that this is a US op, either. Yeah there's a trade war but the PRC is still good for business.

they're joining the USA??

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Hong Kong has a separate system from the PRC because it was a colony. They can't even survive economically on their own because the expansion of Shenzhen will make them completely redundant. An independent Hong Kong would basically just be floating on its ludicrous property values like some sort of homeowner's city state.

Saying this is a "US op" is also reductive. The involvement of Western interests in culture revolutions didn't make them "ops" in the sense that they were purely manufactured, but the support for those movements reflected their own imperial ambitions. A liberalized Hong Kong won't be able to resolve its problems anymore than any other liberal democracy. It's fetishizing first world political conventions without understanding the dynamics of their power politics. Hong Kong doesn't need direct elections of more legislators and the executive, they need a peoples' democracy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Oh hell yeah I saw her @ing him the other day about this

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I think that Economic Update episode is an accidental reupload of the first episode of Capitalism Hits Home, which is ironically a fairly repetitive podcast (but good!)

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the worst year ever seems somehow more succ than pod save. i get a weird anarsucc vibe from evans anyway and he embarrassed himself with the assad episodes he did. also his voice annoys me. nasal succ boi.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

gh0stpinballa posted:

the worst year ever seems somehow more succ than pod save. i get a weird anarsucc vibe from evans anyway and he embarrassed himself with the assad episodes he did. also his voice annoys me. nasal succ boi.

good news is he won’t last long if he said Assad must go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1177613321975021568?s=19