Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Yeah I thought about it, poo poo doesn't matter we're all dead anyway. Ghost's look is amazing, wish I could get into their music but it's just not for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Colder weather means I can wear clothes I actually like.
While fashion for men is woefully uninspired, I picked up a couple long cardigans (only one with a hood) because I want to feel comfy and look like a hipster wizard.

Let me know where this is from so I can buy it or my wife

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Smashing Link posted:

Let me know where this is from so I can buy it or my wife

You just flipping a coin then or what?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Inzombiac posted:

While fashion for men is woefully uninspired, I picked up a couple long cardigans (only one with a hood) because I want to feel comfy and look like a hipster wizard.

'drat it, we all dressed as an Assassin's Creed guy for Halloween?!'

I love long cardigans.

To contribute, this cute li'l guy came in the mail today:

It's a necklace with a ghost that ate poison (in the other styles, it's a piece of candy).

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I like that PWEI album that had Nightmare at 20,000 feet and 92 degrees

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Bought an $80 workbench:

Honestly, it's extremely solid. Plenty of work space too. I'm very satisfied with the value!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I've got the same one! I like it a lot for what it is but drat is it easy to clutter it up if you don't stay organized. It's a pretty good value and you got it even cheaper than I did.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Replacement whisk for our immersion blender, it's many years old, nice that spares can be had still.

Oh and some Meguiars ScratchX and PlastX.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
What's the name of that fancy thermos that keeps your drink at a moderate but warm temperature someone bought recently? Having trouble finding it again.

For (unexciting) content, bought an electric keddle and some tea bags.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

foutre posted:

What's the name of that fancy thermos that keeps your drink at a moderate but warm temperature someone bought recently? Having trouble finding it again.

For (unexciting) content, bought an electric keddle and some tea bags.

It's Joeveo.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

These are pretty comfortable, glad I got one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FormatAmerica posted:

These are pretty comfortable, glad I got one.

Yeah, I wore it today. It's warmer than expected despite being fairly thin.
I'll likely get another in a different color.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Post DJ wizard selfies.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, I wore it today. It's warmer than expected despite being fairly thin.
I'll likely get another in a different color.

It looks like a bathrobe but to be worn in public and I'm here for it.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Can someone recommend me ahigh-quality precision screwdriver set? I've gone through two sets of garbage quality ones where the tips twist or crack, and I'm done with it.

I know this is to prevent over-torquing when driving screws in, but god dammit, I need something to remove stubborn screws with!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have the iFixit set but I've only used it for laptops and desktops. The tips are magnetized so it's helpful for tiny screws.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Any problems with the tips twisting or cracking?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

null_pointer posted:

Can someone recommend me ahigh-quality precision screwdriver set? I've gone through two sets of garbage quality ones where the tips twist or crack, and I'm done with it.

I know this is to prevent over-torquing when driving screws in, but god dammit, I need something to remove stubborn screws with!

DIY/AI will recommend Wera as the top choice. Wiha is also good but slightly cheaper. I picked up a set of Milwaukee screwdrivers from HD for cheap one time and they seem decent but also I haven't had them for long to abuse them.

I have a single Wera multi bit driver and it's amazing so if you have the scratch they seem legit.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

drat, there was a Wera set of precision drivers in a pouch for $35USD so I jumped on that. Looking forward to throwing all my no-name ones into the trash, as soon as they show up. Thanks, goons!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

null_pointer posted:

drat, there was a Wera set of precision drivers in a pouch for $35USD so I jumped on that. Looking forward to throwing all my no-name ones into the trash, as soon as they show up. Thanks, goons!

I have that set both at home and at work. They're pretty nice at that price point.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

null_pointer posted:

Any problems with the tips twisting or cracking?

No. What are you using these precision drivers for?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Resetting routers.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rolo posted:

Resetting routers.

lol

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Rageaholic posted:

Similarly, I ordered one of these so I could play Link's Awakening (and more)

I wish I could get that and play the Link remake.

I did a poor mans version of that and got this mount so I can play Oceanhorn 2 on my iPhone using my Xbox One X controller.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

null_pointer posted:

https://m.banggood.com/XIAOMI-Mijia...ml?rmmds=search

Anyway might be useful for others, it's very good.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
art

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Yeah I don't know why but everything I've tried to post using Discord as an image host lately has come out sideways. I don't feel like trying to navigate imgur from my phone so I'm just dealing with it.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got large stitched edge Steelseries mousepad.

Feels pretty good. I needed to replace the one I had because it was getting kind of filthy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zeth posted:

Yeah I don't know why but everything I've tried to post using Discord as an image host lately has come out sideways. I don't feel like trying to navigate imgur from my phone so I'm just dealing with it.

Try sitting up in bed before you post. Dummy.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Taschen books is a dangerous money pit. Got Hiroshige's One Hundred Famous Views of Edo in fancy binding and cover variant:

Technically, I ordered it 3 months ago, but it only became available in stock a week ago. Totally worth it, it's a gorgeous edition.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

Try sitting up in bed before you post. Dummy.

buddy, if i'm too lazy to find a different host i'm definitely too lazy for that.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
One of these (19cm or 7½"):

And one of these:

Made locally, for traditional finnish rye bread (in my region of the country anyway)

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Tickets to see Episode IV with a live orchestra doing the soundtrack.

It was amazing, even though the special edition CGI is starting to age badly.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

evobatman posted:

Time for a remake!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

evobatman posted:

Did you dress as Jar Jar?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Desert Sessions 11 & 12, coming back after 16 years since the last volume. Had to order the vinyl as last year for Christmas my wife gave me Vol 1 & 2 out of nowhere on vinyl. I don't know how she knew I wanted them.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

Four Roses Small Batch
Bernheim Wheat Whiskey (not a bourbon, but everyone should try it)

Sorry to resurrect whiskey chat, but I picked up a bottle of each after work and I'm digging both. Currently sipping on the Bernheim, I like wheated whiskeys so I can't believe I haven't had this one yet. Definitely a nice change of pace from my bourbon and rye habit. 5/5 would drink 3 of them while watching 90 Day Fiance again.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Did you dress as Jar Jar?
for A New Hope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
A OnePlus 7pro in blue. It's incredibly fast and smooth, I love it. The pop up camera is fun too. Spent all night going "my camera! Look!" Then taking surprise pictures of my partners and I cuddling. They are not enthused with my shenanigans.