Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

The last couple have disappeared; were they more unhinged than the other three? Is that even possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

paternity suitor posted:

The moment boomers realize that millennials and gen z or whatever they’re called will be in charge of caring for their decaying bodies is going to be chef kiss

Less fun when they realize en-masse that their statin-extended lifespans mean their savings won't last long enough to ensure decent care. My experience volunteering at a nursing home, one that was soon after closed due to various health violations, is that you really don't want to be looked after by an overworked caregiver earning minimum wage.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Holy poo poo he is so stupid.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Tree Bucket posted:

The last couple have disappeared; were they more unhinged than the other three? Is that even possible?
Could be these?

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1177551621712072705?s=20
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1177546222321582080?s=20

TAX
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1177083608885952512?s=20

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Nancy correct about something

https://twitter.com/benyc/status/1177550334526394369?s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He doesn't know what a hyphen is

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Tree Bucket posted:

He misspelled “describing” as “discribing”. Deleted it and reposted.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Reuters/status/1177553475498106881

Will US respond?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It would be fun to try to make #Pence2020 trend on Twitter, in spite of that being a repulsive thought

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177560986666098690

its this.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I just imagine GOP strategists working out gameplans only to see a Trump tweet that ruins everything, pissing them off.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Trump isn't sleeping at all is he? What does sleep depravation do to an already malfunctioning brain belonging to a raging narcissist?

I'm afraid he's going to nuke something just for the gently caress of it.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1177565319885279232?s=21

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tek79 posted:

Trump isn't sleeping at all is he? What does sleep depravation do to an already malfunctioning brain belonging to a raging narcissist?

he's never slept much (he blasts elton john on air force one so his cronies couldn't sleep either because he thinks sleeping is a sign of weakness) but i gotta imagine he's running on practically zero now.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

tek79 posted:

Time to wag the dog I guess.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
As I've said before, the longer this drags out, the bigger are the risks that Trump starts a new forever-war in the Middle East.

"You can't inpeach a CiC at war!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Penguin Books made an audiobook of whistleblower report

https://m.soundcloud.com/penguin-au...mmittee-9262019

Its pretty awesome

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He almost seems manic, to be honest.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

As I've said before, the longer this drags out, the bigger are the risks that Trump starts a new forever-war in the Middle East.

"You can't inpeach a CiC at war!"

Wife and I are torn between him dropping some horrific immigration rule today or him making threats at Iran.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Retro42 posted:

Wife and I are torn between him dropping some horrific immigration rule today or him making threats at Iran.

Comedy option would be him bringing back Alabama's hurricane warning again.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Retro42 posted:

They just halved refugee limits yesterday

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

paternity suitor posted:

The moment boomers realize that millennials and gen z or whatever they’re called will be in charge of caring for their decaying bodies is going to be chef kiss

Boomers are busy trying to make it illegal not to spend your own money putting your parents in the finest retirement home lmao

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Trump calling for Schiff to resign is incredibly weird and fashy, right?

Wait what am I saying, it's our big wet boy, of course it is.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Groovelord Neato posted:

on top of that the apostrophe at the end of "liddle" makes no sense!

He thinks he's doing one of the traditional dialect versions of little, like "Li'l".

But he has no idea how that works, so this is him freestyling from memory.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

COOL CORN posted:

He did the same thing with Pelosi during the presser with Zelenskyy. Saying she’s not Speaker anymore. It’s like his normal MO of trying to get people to resign without firing them. That’s what it looks like in public.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

COOL CORN posted:

Yes, it's authoritarian as gently caress and if a democrat were to do it the entire gop hate machine would boil over with seething rage. It's incredibly dangerous and dumb bullshit for any president to scream and it's awful that it's normalized.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
What happens if Trump is impeached and removed after primaries have concluded? Does it vary by state?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

USPOL Fall: All The King's Mental Breakdowns

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
The situation is already ideal for anyone who looks at this in a electoral outcomes / math nerd sort of way.

It's timed well enough to inspire conspiracy theories about intentionally using election-influencing timeframes to drop a scandal in the most damaging window for the presidential election and it's perfectly primed to exacerbate and harden the popular support divide against conservatives, linked inexorably to Trump.

I know that the GOP had strategies in place for a certain amount of electoral crisis (mostly fixing elections and loving over minorities but what else is new) but the reason why they aren't able to cohesively make an organized front right now is probably because they are admitting among themselves that they don't know how to handle how bad this is probably going to get and have probably been told that their current degree of antidemocratic election fixing is not sufficient to correct for it.

The most important takeaway I have seen so far is this:

quote:

the republicans wanted to have a situation where the democrats not impeaching or not getting the votes for an impeachment confirmation in the Senate was all that mattered and would be a win for them. they don't have this anymore. they have a situation where it's VERY LIKELY that bringing the impeachment vote to the Senate before the election and forcing the gop to publicly vote in lockstep to save an obviously corrupt president results in them losing the white house and the senate. they are probably in a situation where having to vote on it causes them to lose in a big, generational way.

even if trump 'wins' the vote.

public support for the impeachment inquiry already jumped about 20 percent in, as far as we know, the first day directly after the release of the transcript. It puts it already at 49% to 46% in support. sometimes, numbers are huge. the current huge number is what percentage of likely voters will never vote for trump under any circumstances. this number was traditionally a much more fringe population, because you have a wider body of more flexible potential voters who could go back or forth on it. not so much, anymore.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

That rhetoric really has been normalized too. Can't put that back in the bottle.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
This might be overly optimistic, but if his behavior continues on this course, a small chunk of people in the Fox bubble will see that the propaganda doesn't make any sense.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sure, there are plenty of airfields they can lob cruise missiles at

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

This might be overly optimistic, but if his behavior continues on this course, a small chunk of people in the Fox bubble will see that the propaganda doesn't make any sense.

i care less about the fox types and more about the senate types keeping quiet and being scared.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Kavros posted:

The situation is already ideal for anyone who looks at this in a electoral outcomes / math nerd sort of way.

It's timed well enough to inspire conspiracy theories about intentionally using election-influencing timeframes to drop a scandal in the most damaging window for the presidential election and it's perfectly primed to exacerbate and harden the popular support divide against conservatives, linked inexorably to Trump.

I know that the GOP had strategies in place for a certain amount of electoral crisis (mostly fixing elections and loving over minorities but what else is new) but the reason why they aren't able to cohesively make an organized front right now is probably because they are admitting among themselves that they don't know how to handle how bad this is probably going to get and have probably been told that their current degree of antidemocratic election fixing is not sufficient to correct for it.

The most important takeaway I have seen so far is this:

Ya it's why everyone has been screaming at dem leadership to lead from the front for months, instead of chasing polls. There are a ton of fringe voters who would coin flip who they vote for, but seeing 'president corrupt being impeached for corruption' can almost guarantee they won't bother voting for him, and definitely changes the outlook on his presidency for many others.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FizFashizzle posted:

Who is standing outside my office yelling at me to resign?

I will never resign.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wonder if any of his usual hangers-on are trying to advise him a way out of this at this point or if they've all just hosed off and let him tweet through it on his own.

Wonder who he's calling and whining to right now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this is old as hell (as in before the election) but lmao

https://twitter.com/DavidMDrucker/status/773685346446049282

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Wonder if any of his usual hangers-on are trying to advise him a way out of this at this point or if they've all just hosed off and let him tweet through it on his own.

Lou and Lew

(dobbs and andowski)

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I got discribed on the way back from the Lidl last night. It was really confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Data Graham posted:

Newt sure is and Hannity and Lou Dobbs is, those are the kinds who matter to Trump