Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Joel Stein is, ostensibly, a humorist. It's not exactly a hard-hitting sendup of Democrats' tendency to compromise themselves, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
give me vp nina turner or give me death

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This is the correct answer.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

https://twitter.com/Angelotrams/status/1177264820476928000

virgil rules

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Joel Stein is, ostensibly, a humorist. It's not exactly a hard-hitting sendup of Democrats' tendency to compromise themselves, though.
i think it was Virgil who said that "humorist" is the New Yorker reader's version of a comedian

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Woah, Cuomo wasn't a complete scumbag and extended the deadline.
good work. one of the groups i'm in (not DSA, though i'm in that too) handed out a ton of voter registration forms at their picnic Sunday. still important to get the word out

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

joel stein is a name i have not thought of in a long rear end time.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Guys, guys

I got it

We impeach Trump -and- make him VP of the democratic party to show our faith in the system and how we are above partisanship

Then the GOP impeaches the president and he's in charge again but the slate's been washed clean

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Wasn't it Virgil who sneakily wormed his was to the top of a bunch of Alt Right Facebook groups and then changed the passwords and made them all look like pro LGBTQ+ or something like that?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Human Tornada posted:

Wasn't it Virgil who sneakily wormed his was to the top of a bunch of Alt Right Facebook groups and then changed the passwords and made them all look like pro LGBTQ+ or something like that?

Yes. For as much as Felix talks about being an internet freak, Virgil is the true master of online.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He was the admin of Confederate Pride Heritage Not Hate LGBT Southerners for Michelle Obama.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1177321793251610632

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

Unfortunately my job prevents me from publicly advocating for any political candidates (because I am a judicial official) so instead I donated a bunch of money to Bernie Sanders' campaign

Same, but I'm trying to figure out what I can and can't do because I work for a govt contractor. I suspect I'll have it all figured out right around December 1, 2020.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm willing to compromise and settle for VO ilhan omar

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Jackie D posted:

I'm willing to compromise and settle for VO ilhan omar

haha, and you thought Obama Derangement Syndrome was bad, just you wait...

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

What was this :(

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

CaptainJuan posted:

Matt's getting divorced again

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Looks like he shall bring a conclusion to Dasha’s wifely solitude.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Uranium posted:

Looks like he shall bring a conclusion to Dasha’s wifely solitude.

is he converting to Catholicism?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Since we've been on a Bernie-Warren kick, I just want to say that everyone who supports Bernie here on SA needs to volunteer for him starting now. I was someone who loved his politics in 2016 but knew he was a long shot so all I did was donate and shitpost. This time around things are both easier and tougher for him. Easier in the sense that basically everyone knows who he is and he has a stronger, more diverse working class base of support. Tougher in the sense that almost everyone running against him is co-opting his rhetoric and policies, and he doesn't have the appeal of just being a protest vote. And the ruling class knows he isn't messing around this time.

I know it can be awkward to make your first few phone calls or knock on your first few doors. But like anything else it's easier the more you do it. You won't win everybody over, but you will find people who support him, and just by talking to them you can persuade them to volunteer too. And amazingly I've run across a few people who liked him but had no idea he was running again. So that's a few more voters and a few more volunteers, little by little. And the hope is that everyone pitching in a little will be enough collectively for him to win. Donating is good but at least for the moment he seems to be in a good spot moneywise. He can basically never have too many volunteers given what a gargantuan task this is.

Even if you don't live in an early state (IA, NH, NV, SC) you can still call or text people in those states to try and get them out to the polls or to a campaign event, strike, etc. I don't think we'll have another chance like this for awhile so we have to put in as much effort as we can now. And we can't sit back and hope other people will do the work for us.

https://act.berniesanders.com/signup/volunteer-bernie-sanders/

This. It can be intimidating at first but it feels a lot better and is more productive than getting mad at lame blue checkmark libs. Everyone reading this, put in as much time as you can.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

is he converting to Catholicism?

Converting to Catholicism is the easiest way to unlock the highest rank of sucking dick

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CaptainJuan posted:

ireland simpsons fans did a meme where you describe your job with a simpsons screenshot and matt's response was the KBBL hosts and the joke robot they had with the subtitle "Looks like those clowns in Congress did it again. What a bunch of clowns"

which is perfect honestly

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

emdash posted:

ireland simpsons fans did a meme where you describe your job with a simpsons screenshot and matt's response was the KBBL hosts and the joke robot they had with the subtitle "Looks like those clowns in Congress did it again. What a bunch of clowns"

which is perfect honestly

Why would he delete that

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/wall-street-democratic-donors-may-back-trump-if-warren-is-nominated.html

quote:

Wall Street Democratic donors warn the party: We’ll sit out, or back Trump, if you nominate Elizabeth Warren
PUBLISHED THU, SEP 26 2019 12:40 PM EDT UPDATED 5 HOURS AGO
Brian Schwartz
@SCHWARTZBCNBC

Democratic donors on Wall Street and in big business are preparing to sit out the presidential campaign fundraising cycle — or even back President Donald Trump — if Sen. Elizabeth Warren wins the party’s nomination.

In recent weeks, CNBC spoke to several high-dollar Democratic donors and fundraisers in the business community and found that this opinion was becoming widely shared as Warren, an outspoken critic of big banks and corporations, gains momentum against Joe Biden in the 2020 race.

“You’re in a box because you’re a Democrat and you’re thinking, ‘I want to help the party, but she’s going to hurt me, so I’m going to help President Trump,’” said a senior private equity executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity in fear of retribution by party leaders. The executive said this Wednesday, a day after Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House would begin a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump.

During the campaign, Warren has put out multiple plans intended to curb the influence of Wall Street, including a wealth tax. In July, she released a proposal that would make private equity firms responsible for debts and pension obligations of companies they buy. Trump, meanwhile, has given wealthy business leaders a helping hand with a major corporate tax cut and by eliminating regulations.

Warren has sworn off taking part in big money fundraisers for the 2020 presidential primary. She has also promised to not take donations from special interest groups. She finished raising at least $19 million in the second quarter mainly through small-dollar donors. The third quarter ends Monday.

Trump, has been raising hundreds of millions of dollars, putting any eventual 2020 rival in a bind as about 20 Democrats vie for their party’s nomination.

Trump’s campaign and the Republican National Committee have raised over $100 million in the second quarter. A large portion of that haul came from wealthy donors who gave to their joint fundraising committee, Trump Victory. In August, the RNC raised just over $23 million and has $53 million on hand.

The Democratic National Committee have struggled to keep up. The DNC finished August bringing in $7.9 million and has $7.2 million in debt.

Biden, who has courted and garnered the support of various wealthy donors, has started to lag in some polls. The latest Quinnipiac poll has Warren virtually tied with the former vice president. Biden was one of three contenders that saw an influx of contributions from those on Wall Street in the second quarter.

A spokeswoman for the senator from Massachusetts declined to comment.

The business community’s unease about Warren’s candidacy has surged in tandem with her campaign’s momentum. CNBC’s Jim Cramer said earlier this month that he’s heard from Wall Street executives that they believe Warren has “got to be stopped.” Warren later tweeted her response to Cramer’s report: “I’m Elizabeth Warren and I approve this message.”

Some big bank executives and hedge fund managers have been stunned by Warren’s ascent, and they are primed to resist her.

“They will not support her. It would be like shutting down their industry,” an executive at one of the nation’s largest banks told CNBC, also speaking on condition of anonymity. This person said Warren’s policies could be worse for Wall Street than those of President Barack Obama, who signed the Dodd-Frank bank regulation bill in the wake of the 2008 financial meltdown.

Yet before Obama was elected, his campaign took over $1 million from employees at Goldman Sachs, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.

A hedge fund executive pointed to Trump’s tax cut as a reason why his colleagues would not contribute or vote for Warren if she wins the nomination.

“I think if she can show that the tax code of 2017 was basically nonsense and only helped corporations, Wall Street would not like the public thinking about that,” this executive said, also insisting on anonymity.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

oh no, please don't support warren, we're begging u

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Why would he delete that

Will posted the same one eearlier and sans subtitles to prove he's the real head.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Nobody said any of this and Wall Street is fully prepared to back Warren.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Uranium posted:

oh no, please don't support warren, we're begging u

i think its cool and awesome every single one of the Anons in that article are literally the cancer that is killing america

theyre too pussy to expose to the world how sociopathic they are

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Race Realists posted:

i think its cool and awesome every single one of the Anons in that article are literally the cancer that is killing america

theyre too pussy to expose to the world how sociopathic they are

Why did they even let people speak anonymously for that?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Stringent posted:

Nobody said any of this and Wall Street is fully prepared to back Warren.

It's a nice change of pace from the "GOP strategist warns Democrats not to go too far left" articles.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pharmaskittle posted:

Converting to Catholicism is the easiest way to unlock the highest rank of sucking dick

Converting to Catholicism isn't worth it unless you can control the Curia.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Wall Street has actually been a really long running 1950's era Communist infiltration and they're gonna donate billions to Bernie. It was the last place the HUAC would look!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
idk why everyone thinks there's such a big difference between warren and sanders

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/625744496911872000?s=20

Human Tornada posted:

yea and it ruled

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/avyjkz/virgil-texas-white-power-facebook-group-troll

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Jon Schwarz episodes are really interesting

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
He also just appeared on Citations Needed; if you don't listen to CN what's wrong with you?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I'd consider listening to citations needed again if they stopped being so bad at reading their scripts and if they didn't ask their guests questions in the most convoluted ways possible.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I'd consider listening to citations needed again if they stopped being so bad at reading their scripts and if they didn't ask their guests questions in the most convoluted ways possible.

Yeah this is my complaint as well

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Citations Needed is really good, but neither the hosts nor the subject matter are particularly funny so I just end up pissed off after listening.

Lester Shy fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

peanut- posted:

Jon Schwarz episodes are really interesting

Yeah, I don't usually like the episodes without a lot of jokes, but goddamn is this one engrossing.