Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Jealous Cow posted:

I got discribed on the way back from the Lidl- last night. It was really confusing.

FTFY

e: goddamn shameful snipe

https://twitter.com/hourlyFox/status/1166293035103203328?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I remember being taught about contractions and apostrophes in grade 3. It's kind of funny that the president doesn't understand what they are or how they work.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The really dumb, obvious lies aren’t to convince us or normal people. It’s for their hard core base that has decided already they are right and just need their marching orders on why they’re right. The lies are obvious and ridiculous to anyone else

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

They just halved refugee limits yesterday

Reduced sixfold, IIRC.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The really dumb, obvious lies aren’t to convince us or normal people. It’s for their hard core base that has decided already they are right and just need their marching orders on why they’re right. The lies are obvious and ridiculous to anyone else

There's a whole aspect to psychology about being part of the in-group by uncritical agreement with obvious lies and tropes.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

The use of hyphens has dramatically spiked in this thread. Now's the time to sell, sell, sell.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he's quoting himself?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177574932689182720

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's right, misuse more punctuation, it only makes your opinions Worse

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i guess.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177575947358412800

he doubled down.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177575947358412800

now repeating the same insane thing every hour

e:fb

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm going to be mad if he strokes out.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

This is going to backfire because it’s pure projection. The real transcript is on the server.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm going to be mad if he strokes out.

The world is not so kind as to give us an easy out

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

NO PUPPET NO PUPPET YOU'RE THE PUPPET

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

big mad today

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/27/oil-drops-after-irans-president-said-us-offered-to-remove-all-sanctions-in-exchange-for-talks.html

quote:

Oil slide after Iranian President Hassan Rouhani claimed on Friday the U.S. offered to remove all sanctions on Iran in exchange for negotiations. President Donald Trump and the State Department later denied those claims, causing oil to rebound from the lows

Lol working them back channels to try to get some positive news

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The lack of definite article.and poor adjectival use makes him sound more Ukrainian than the Ukrainian guy

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
I don't think the phrase "it was very legal and very good" has ever been used in connection with anything wholesome or seemly in the entire history of humanity.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nancy's only real quality is her banter A game when she wants to

"Would you like to respond to what Kellyanne Conway said?"

"Why?"

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

What is the actual claim here? I know it's bullshit without looking it up but specifically, what did Schiff say.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Guze posted:

big mad today

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177576649233195008

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how that reads as Schiff reading the phone call released this week for two straight years

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

They seem to be doing a lot at the moment tho? Not sure whether this tweet deserves a Pinocchio

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

canepazzo posted:

NO PUPPET NO PUPPET YOU'RE THE PUPPET

The sad thing is this worked in 2016 so he's just going to keep at it. Not to re-litigate, but Dems are going to need an actual messaging to keep pushing this narrative of corruption by Trump and not assume that CNN or NPR will carry water for them or that 'the facts speak for themselves' which they clearly don't.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
He's losing his loving mind.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There is not the slightest chance in the world that he is making a Know Nothing Party joke

3N1GM4
Apr 22, 2016

pacerhimself posted:

I remember being taught about contractions and apostrophes in grade 3. It's kind of funny that the president doesn't understand what they are or how they work.

I remember being taught how to balance a checkbook and write checks in grade 2. It's kind of funny that the vast majority of the population doesn't know how they work.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

pacerhimself posted:

What is the actual claim here? I know it's bullshit without looking it up but specifically, what did Schiff say.

Schiff read from the memo that the White House released in the hopes that it would make the problem go away (but which actually made it a thousand times worse). The memo says at the top that it isn't a transcript, but one of the boobs on Fox and Friends made something up and Donny is just parroting what he heard.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

3N1GM4 posted:

I remember being taught how to balance a checkbook and write checks in grade 2. It's kind of funny that the vast majority of the population doesn't know how they work.

I don’t know how to balance a checkbook

why would I, Ive written maybe 20 checks in 10 years

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

pacerhimself posted:

Yeah is he saying the transcript his own staff released and that Schiff read verbatim was falsified by Schiff?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the right wing talking point has been schiff made poo poo up. i think some of the congressmen even said so during the hearing:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1177222675019763713

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Schiff read from the memo that the White House released in the hopes that it would make the problem go away (but which actually made it a thousand times worse). The memo says at the top that it isn't a transcript, but one of the boobs on Fox and Friends made something up and Donny is just parroting what he heard.

I actually found what they're crowing about. He made a snarky summary of the call and said this after:

quote:

Schiff said: "This is in sum and character what the president was trying to communicate with the president of Ukraine."

And they're trying to say he passed it off as an actual quote of the call. It's just more bad faith feigning outrage.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

pacerhimself posted:

The document Schiff read out was effectively a secondhand play-by-play on what was discussed on the call. It was not a literal transcript and it was clearly identified as such and Schiff identified it as such when reading it out. Trump appears to be mad that it wasn't 100% accurate and would rather that Schiff had used an actual transcript.

The actual transcript is the document that was uploaded to the super secret information containment service so now it's impossible to get rid of. And all indications are the actual words used are even worse for Trump. So demanding that someone go and check it and use it to correct Schiff is not exactly going to exonerate him (but it's something within Congress's power...)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

3N1GM4 posted:

hey we got these fancy pieces of plastic money and PayPal now

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

pacerhimself posted:

What happened was that Schiff spent some time paraphrasing with a bit of hyperbole to emphasize how much Trump's conversation resembles a classic mob shakedown, and some people are claiming he was trying to pass it off as literal quotes.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

evilweasel posted:

I don’t know how to balance a checkbook

why would I, Ive written maybe 20 checks in 10 years

And it's completely pointless now that you can look up your transaction history online whenever you feel like it.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

3N1GM4 posted:

If a majority of a population speaking a language doesn't know how a feature of the language works, that isn't how the language works, it's just how some institution decided it should work but has failed to implement.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Basically Trump's recollection of any of his prior conversations is a little something like

So it shouldn't be surprising that he finds an accurate recounting of his call to be jarring and disturbing

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah is he saying the transcript his own staff released and that Schiff read verbatim was falsified by Schiff?
They purposefully got rid of taping conversations and doing literal transcriptions and replaced them with meticulous note-taking by administration staff for exactly this reason - to create a layer of obfuscation that gives plausible deniability that a thing was actually said by the President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Trump was too busy beating up his teachers in school to learn anything from them