Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Pins i can deal with timing minigames can be hit or miss depending on the person though but that submission system is the drizzling shits, it doesnt matter if you use the stick escape or the button mash its still absolute trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'd rather kicking out of a pin by button mashing, I can mash the poo poo out of a button.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 27, 2019

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Brokenogre posted:

Pins i can deal with timing minigames can be hit or miss depending on the person though but that submission system is the drizzling shits, it doesnt matter if you use the stick escape or the button mash its still absolute trash

See, I got the timing down for both a while back and it means that I can can pretty much guarantee a submission after a certain point in a match, and also that I can kick out unless I explicitly gently caress up. And it sucks. Its terrible. It takes away a great deal of tension. They are both bad mechanics even if you are good at them.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

remusclaw posted:

See, I got the timing down for both a while back and it means that I can can pretty much guarantee a submission after a certain point in a match, and also that I can kick out unless I explicitly gently caress up. And it sucks. Its terrible. It takes away a great deal of tension. They are both bad mechanics even if you are good at them.

Can't argue that wouldnt want to try, both systems need a revamp, it wont happen because they want to keep that resilience perk in the game and i honestly fear how much worse the systems could get

Guess we arent getting info on any modes today there is still a chance an entrance could show up though, but at this point i would guess monday at the earliest

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

the submission system sucks rear end and should be completely rebuilt from the ground up but they have ten months and about eight dollars to make each year's game so they're never going to replace something that's already done

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I’m no longer a young man with unlimited money, I don’t want button mashing QTEs that reduce the lifespan of my controller

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I’m no longer a young man with unlimited money, I don’t want button mashing QTEs that reduce the lifespan of my controller

Fire Pro does it well. You don't need to mash. But, you probably will. Basically, if you have the spirit to kick out, you just need to press the button and you will if you have it to kick out in you at that point in the pin fall. This allows you to milk it for 2.9's if you want or kick out early if you want. I do think getting out of submissions involves the equivalent of wiggling the stick or d pad.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 27, 2019

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'll mash your buttons.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Has anyone played RumbleSlam and is it any good?

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
From my understanding, each time you hit the button while pinned in Fire Pro, it regenerates some spirit, the stat you need to resist being pinned/submitted. So mashing is beneficial, but if you are earlier in a match, you can totally just hold the button down or just tap it a couple times. Later in matches, you'll have to mash to kick out. For the CPU, Ukemi also gives them a possibility of kicking out when they would otherwise eat a pin late in a match. Dunno if there's any way for a player to benefit from that.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
My understanding of the ukemi mechanic is that you can hold the button to take a move you would otherwise counter, this builds the ukemi meter. When you would be pinned later in the match, the meter is discharged and gives you a spirit boost which helps you kick out. The ukemi percentages you set in the logic are the chance the AI has to sell a move they could have reversed.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'd rather kicking out of a pin by button mashing, I can mash the poo poo out of a button.

I’m mediocre to ok at most video games but I swear I might be like top ten in the world at tapping a button repeatedly, I just kind of vibrate my thumb furiously instead of actually tapping

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know how to tap a button really fast. i pretty much seize up all my hand joints and focus on only moving one of them and it works well for like 4 to 10 second intervals but i will gently caress it up at some point and lose pace with anyone who can mash a button consistently like a robot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm very good at button mashing. At least that's what my girlfriends tell me :smug:

Or they would if I had any :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they will.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

IGgy IGsen posted:

I normally restrict the advertising of my fed to the designated thread/s but I figure for a PPV I might as well let ya know. Some of you might like it.

(click image for link)

This Saturday our 9th Special Event, called DETERMINATION, will take place.

In our Main Event Malfest Goat-Monster challenges Pantha for the Hellweight Title after winning the Showdown Tournament in impressive fashion and even getting a shock victory over the legendary VACANT.

Speaking of beating VACANT: Only one person can get a shot at the Hellweight title on this show but EGO also managed to beat VACANT. So EGO will do battle with Fomore who is clawing their way into the title picture on an effort to become the first Quadruple Crown champion.

With Freddie Hope's match against Flamander not happening for another four weeks he postpones his training at the Old Dojo for a little warm up against the entirety of the oRa 66. But not without the help of the Young Devils he's been training.

Meanwhile, Flamander continues to hold the Bunny Championship :3 heading into his fourth defense against none other than Roy, who defended the Title four times before he lost it.

On a lighter note: Our Seven Deadly Pins match this time is all Hosses. The Battle of Hoss Angeles... or Hoss Diavolos, I dunno. Eight pieces of beef slapping together repeatedly.

Yo, this is happening soon. We start in 10-15 Minutes https://www.twitch.tv/iggy_igsen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

The WWE 2K20 in-game soundtrack will include the following artists and songs:

Banks – “Gimme”
Barns Courtney – “99”
Bring Me The Horizon ft. Dani Filth – “Wonderful Life”
Grandson – “Stigmata”
Lil Uzi Vert – “XOTour Llif3”
Motley Crue ft. Machine Gun Kelly – “The Dirt”
Muse – “The Dark Side”
Poppy – “METAL”
Saweetie – “Icy Girl”
The Black Keys – “LO / HI”
The Misfits – “Hybrid Moments”
Watt ft. Post Malone – “Burning Man”

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What, no Tekashi 6ix9ine?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

POPPY! :supaburn:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I'm going to be a grump and say I give no poo poo about the soundtrack when they don't let you use them as entrance themes. Like poo poo, even if I like the music it's getting turned off in favor of me playing my own music after it cycles more than twice.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they didn't even get the good POPPY song, smh

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I chuckled at the random-rear end Misfits song among a bunch of 2018/19 music. It’s a good-rear end song though.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Last year's was the most confounding with a random disturbed song on it.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

remusclaw posted:

I'm going to be a grump and say I give no poo poo about the soundtrack when they don't let you use them as entrance themes. Like poo poo, even if I like the music it's getting turned off in favor of me playing my own music after it cycles more than twice.

This. I spend most of my time playing these games on mute listening to my own music. Between the looping soundtrack and the god awful commentary it's just better. They do need to bring back soundtrack as entrance music though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

a month early for this

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm still pissed that 2k16 made me listen to Twenty One Pilots over and over again.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

That soundtrack is trash, the fact that POPPY is on it makes me think noone at 2k cares

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm sure there were other songs, but all I ever heard was blow my mind. Blow my mind.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

a month early for this

How dare you disrespect ARE TROOPS :byodood:

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I miss whatever year let me turn off everything but Rebel Yell.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

coconono posted:

the good POPPY song

file not found

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I found a copy of Day of Reckoning for the Gamecube at a thrift store last week. i've been playing the story mode and it loving sucks. The only thing you get to choose is if you go to Raw or Smackdown, everything else is decided for you. no branching paths either, they wrote two storylines and if you lose a match you're just forced to play it over and over again until you win.

I don't know why you would do this when even No Mercy managed to have branching paths for its story

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DoR felt like it was put together very quickly. I wasn't impressed.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

might be nostalgia glasses but i remember DoR being super fun to play, Especially after the 2 gamecube games that came prior to it, Wrestlemania X8 and Wrestlemania XIX were both trash and the story was a masterpeice after Wrestlemania XIX's "destroy the world so wrestlemania doesn't happen and you get your contract back" storyline

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Brokenogre posted:

"destroy the world so wrestlemania doesn't happen and you get your contract back"
That sounds... extremely good, though.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

IGgy IGsen posted:

That sounds... extremely good, though.

It was. You murder all of WWE's road crew and security then Goldberg makes Stephanie McMahon explode into a cascade of dollar bills. There was some light platforming elements, too.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Eggplant Ronin posted:

It was. You murder all of WWE's road crew and security then Goldberg makes Stephanie McMahon explode into a cascade of dollar bills. There was some light platforming elements, too.

Please tell me this is real this is all I ever wanted.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

My memory of WMXIX is hazy but that actually sounds right.

Also DoR2 was the game to play.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

People always compared DOR to the AKI games and they had similar feel in some ways, but I dont really feel like they played as well. In the story mode, the 4 man cage match could go to time limit draw over and over again if you didnt get lucky. The ability for moves to interrupt other moves was cool, but what ended up happening was every body was falling down all the time in multi mans. There was also way too much button mash for a game on what I generally found to be a hard controller to use for button mashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'm oversimplifying but yeah. Wrestlemania XIX on GameCube has Revenge Mode where the game becomes a beat'em up across varying stages with weird sub-bosses. The only time you actually wrestle in the ring is for the finale.