Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The awkward thing about the changes is now I have a tier 1 class, two tier 4 classes, a tier 5 class and the ability to unlock a second tier 5. I do not have a tier 2 or 3 class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

:thunk:

eta for MLG pro tip: Once you get I believe level 5 Chronomancy, you can get an upgrade that lets you do two things at once, so I have it set to training a skill and resting, so with that and all the mana spells and a mouse click spamming macro on my keyboard, new training is going super quickly.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 27, 2019

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Dunno what would cause research caps to skyrocket that far. Do know that libraries are down to size 75, and might carry more tomes than before.
(Also adventuring stats seem to have gone up quite a bit, so stats-per-level might've been buffed too.)

Edit: Further, bookcases have a limit of 20. I think they might've been uncapped before?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Yeah bookcases got capped to 20 while Libraries gained tome capacity, lower size, and a massive codices buff.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Swivel Master posted:

I need email addresses to invite via Apple/Google's beta programs. If you want to just email me directly please send an email to cosmicturtlegames@gmail.com from the email address your platform account is with and let me know which platform you want an invite for.

I was just razzing you because someone had just said that you need to be prepared for lots of criticism and complaints. Send out some invites!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I didn't have any bookcases, weird. Actually my max codices went down, from 670 to 570. I do have way more max tomes though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh my god focus is now a skill

you can improve it

i'm up to 1.29xp per focus, whereas yesterday it was like 0.5

e:

:yeshaha:

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 27, 2019

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
So uh, I dunno what is scaling focus, maybe it tracked usage from before? But mine gives 28.58 exp right now...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Tendales posted:

One thing I discovered that's helpful in the mid-stages of Arcanum: Any of the white-box actions (like gather herbs, sell herbs, and especially focus) can be turbo-mashed. Just click it once, and then hold the enter key and it'll keep doing that button at your keyboard's repeat rate.

This only works for the normal button, not the little mini quick button over your mana bars.

this is a godsend, incidentally

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
My favorite update is the removal of the changelog so you can't track what changes the dev could even be bothered to document. :v:

Cinara posted:

So uh, I dunno what is scaling focus, maybe it tracked usage from before? But mine gives 28.58 exp right now...

:psyduck: That's ludicrous. I just had to upgrade it six times to get it go from 0.37 to 0.38!

Which is pretty bad, honestly, not just because that's a lot of hassle for a minor upgrade but because despite that it's still below the old default.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Dragonatrix posted:

My favorite update is the removal of the changelog so you can't track what changes the dev could even be bothered to document. :v:

If you join the discord you'll very quickly learn that the dev instantly pushes most changes live as they're suggested/finished unless it's a big shake-up. Pretty sure there's no design doc, change log, or other documentation at all for any of it outside of what others compile by looking through the code.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
So using Focus doesn't seem to be giving me any XP. Any idea what gives?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

decided to backup the save and reset, try doing things with a bit more intent this time than going for whatever class.
In the process, learned that it is apparently possible to become an apprentice without ever studying, but by simply absorbing knowledge from scrolls via osmosis.
All the arcane power of studying, absolutely none of the comprehension. :v:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

So using Focus doesn't seem to be giving me any XP. Any idea what gives?

Check the description: quicken your skills with magical energy. It does what it says on the tin.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

specifically, start training something. then focus.

afaik there is no passive skill gain in this; you have to actively choose to train something. anything that says "0.1 spirit lore" or something is just a bonus to how much you train each tick

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Sage Grimm posted:

Check the description: quicken your skills with magical energy. It does what it says on the tin.

.............gently caress I am a dumbass. Thank you!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I've just bought the 200 floor space Temple and I *still* need more room. How can I unlock a bigger place than this?

Also, is there a consensus on the best classes to take at each Tier? Tier 1 at least?

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
Not best classes, but I'm going to second the statements made earlier in the thread that 'spirit' and 'air' are clutch for automating what I assume are the early resources of gold/scrolls/codices.

Got a page full of skills, but none of them seem to do 'production/s' besides these two so far.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

go up tiers to get access to better houses + space upgrades. there's also some skills that give you more space that iirc you start getting from... mysticism? i think? planes lore and subsequently void lore might come out of that

you're gonna be pissed when you get access to better-and-cheaper-than-the-temple 200+ space houses at tier 2

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
The largest 'houses' I've seen so far have 420 space and it's still not enough to fit everything. Though it's not that important to fit everything.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

when i had space problems i just sold stuff i wasn't immediately using. you're a wizard, you can always get more gold

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
One thing that is knocking me on my rear end with Arcanum is that it's making me sort of feel like I'm roleplaying with an idle/incremental game. At least this run I'm trying to avoid doing evil things because I want to just be the goofy harmless book-eating wizard who balances running an inn with studying ghosts and entertaining people with magic tricks for cash.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i like that all the descriptions are just in lowercase

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Why can't I hotkey drinking potions arggghhhh

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So Arcanum has no import save game feature (though it does have an export)

Where do i put the exported save file?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
You just drag and drop the file onto the page and it'll automatically load it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

What’s the preferred way to make gold once Prestidigitation gets locked out?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I feel like I'm missing something with adventuring with Arcanum. It takes forever for what appears to be little gain. The roc in Arag Heights kills me in like 2 hits and it took forever to get that far.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

^ The thing about Adventuring is that it's dumb and stupid and you can spam Magic Missile at the darkness until your mana runs out to deal a lot of damage in a short period of time. Enemies don't regain health so "dying" is just waiting to get your HP back to smash them again.

Klungar posted:

What’s the preferred way to make gold once Prestidigitation gets locked out?

Offer Services maxes out at 3.2 gold and the costs to run it can be dealt with at an idle level once you kill your master finish your apprenticeship.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Is there a way to automate casting spells?

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

SettingSun posted:

This would be nice to know.

Also I suspect I will regret making a Demonic Pact?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Sage Grimm posted:

Offer Services maxes out at 3.2 gold and the costs to run it can be dealt with at an idle level once you kill your master finish your apprenticeship.

Sure, but it pales in comparison to the 25 gold/sec I was getting with Prestidigitation. Oh well, at least I can run Offer Services and Spin Gold at the same time now.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

SettingSun posted:

Nothing built in, but someone posted an AutoHotkey script recently, and I posted a js script on the last page.

My JS script allows you to auto cast anything you can put on the hotbar.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you can set an attack spell as your primary and you will automatically spam it in addition to weapon attacks. you do this from your spellbook.

other than that, you need external tools as per above

im a sorceror slowly plowing through the 1000-fight dungeon and have sort of run out of stuff to do. does this game actually end, or just peter out? im assuming there's no prestige mechanics, i just don't know what stage of development it's in

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Klungar posted:

Sure, but it pales in comparison to the 25 gold/sec I was getting with Prestidigitation. Oh well, at least I can run Offer Services and Spin Gold at the same time now.

Well, it appears that Prestidigitation wasn't capped by how much you can improve it. :v: 0.8 gold a second isn't much to start with but running it over a couple nights untouched at 0.01 every 100 seconds or so..

I Paced to blow up my arcana + skill points instead.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What do you have to do to unlock Chronomancy? I'm a tier 3 class and I have the Orrey, which improves my max chronomancy, but I don't have the skill unlocked.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Pylons posted:

What do you have to do to unlock Chronomancy? I'm a tier 3 class and I have the Orrey, which improves my max chronomancy, but I don't have the skill unlocked.

Did you buy the clepsydra?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Did you buy the clepsydra?

I don't have that available.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I need a reliable source of bodies, I have a number of actions that let me do things to bodies and their parts, but I haven't found anything that let's me get more bodies.

e: also, what skill gives my the ability to imbue blood stones

The Fool fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

The Fool posted:

I need a reliable source of bodies, I have a number of actions that let me do things to bodies and their parts, but I haven't found anything that let's me get more bodies.

e: also, what skill gives my the ability to imbue blood stones

Get shadow high enough and you can murder. Get embalming high enough and you can buy vats to grow your own.