Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Slightly Absurd posted:

I got the feeling they didn't actually tell Devito in advance about the Pretty Women gag, 'cause his reaction seems pretty genuine, kinda like Mike Myers in Wayne's World when Garth asks about Bugs Bunny in a dress

Ya especially when Charlie says Pretty Woman to him & he goes "oh yeah!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

At first I thought they were actually dead from an overdose, and I'm glad the show didn't go that direction.

Well, it wouldn't exactly be the first time a female died in Charlies apartment...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well, it wouldn't exactly be the first time a female died in Charlies apartment...

cue Roy Orbison

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I really loved the meat cube pay off.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Charlie & Frank have the best cuisine

- cheese
- rum ham
- cat food
- no pears
- egg
- meat cube
- spa-ghetti

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Slightly Absurd posted:

I got the feeling they didn't actually tell Devito in advance about the Pretty Woman gag, 'cause his reaction seems pretty genuine, kinda like Mike Myers in Wayne's World when Garth asks about Bugs Bunny in a dress

Agreed. That entire reaction felt like an outtake to me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Krankenstyle posted:

- cheese
- rum ham
- cat food
- no pears
- egg
- meat cube
- spa-ghetti

The grilled Charlie

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
I love that it was Charlie's and Frank's plan that actually worked, and in two different ways. It was simple, absurd, and doubly effective. I immediately knew that Mac's and Dennis's plan was going to fail, and as soon as I heard "Teddy," I knew that he was either a child or maybe a teddy bear, and the rest of that story was easy to guess and more cringe-y than funny. Charlie and Frank had the better story.

This was better than last season's premiere. Hopefully, it's not the high point of season... whatever this is....

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

fist4jesus posted:

I really hoped they would fast forward a year at the end, the germans waiting sadly at the bus station, like frys dog.

Well, let's wait for next season's premiere.
I would almost bet they'll at least use them in the background somewhere.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

based on this episode, i have a lot of predictions for the season,

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

I think I was saying this last season but I think they're intending for everyone to older and weathered now

either that or new high def cameras

but also yeah Dee's lips are huge in this ep

It was also Rob's original plan for when he got fat
He wanted everyone to just gradually degrade as the seasons went on so it wouldn't be shocking if they're playing it up with makeup

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are there still good sites in 2019 to stream sunny?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

vincentpricesboner posted:

Are there still good sites in 2019 to stream sunny?
Did Hulu drop it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's on Hulu.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I think they mean to stream current episodes. Hulu only gets a season right before they come out with a new season.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Krankenstyle posted:

- cheese
- rum ham
- cat food
- no pears
- egg
- meat cube
- spa-ghetti

How could you forget Charlie's favorite food.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Wanna come back to my place and... clean my pipes? :heysexy:"
"....of the giant poo poo you took that clogged it up? :confused:"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think they mean to stream current episodes. Hulu only gets a season right before they come out with a new season.

The FXX app is decent enough. I used it to watch Baskets last month, new episodes dropped the morning after they aired on tv.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Jerusalem posted:

"Wanna come back to my place and... clean my pipes? :heysexy:"
"....of the giant poo poo you took that clogged it up? :confused:"

This was one of the highest points of the episode. How poorly thought out this idea was and how much the guests just weren't giving them any quarter.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TraderStav posted:

This was one of the highest points of the episode. How poorly thought out this idea was and how much the guests just weren't giving them any quarter.
Where Sunny shines the most as compared to, say, The Simpsons and others is that while people that encounter the gang over and over become as cartoonish as they are over time like the gang is infectious, the show reminds people that that's on purpose and not just lazy writing by continuously introducing new guests who still live in the real world.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Even though I called the dead kid half way through that was a great loving episode. Crazy they still got it. Also Mac looking good this season.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

TraderStav posted:

also mac slipped in "blasted a load" or something like that made dennis do a double take but it was quickly passed over lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Everyone looks ancient (because they are) but Mac looks fit and good

I'd clean his pipes

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

SlipkPIe posted:

What started as a show about middle-aged people playing young-ish people hanging out with one old person, is now about old people hanging out with one even older person. It'll never have the insane energy it used to, but they've managed to harness that into making these characters feel more pathetic than ever, and it totally works

As far as I'm aware they've always played the characters at around their real ages. At the start of the series they were all late 20's.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Nearly busted out laughing at Charlie and Frank being naked from the waist down

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

I love this show, but the season debut didn't do much for me. Frank and Charlie's side plot wasn't bad and I got a few good laughs out of it, but the Dennis/Mac/Dee story was doing nothing for me at all. I did get a laugh out of the bit where the show abruptly cut away from Dee in the middle of her rant, but aside from that I wasn't too impressed with it and I saw where they were going with the "Teddy" bit from a mile away. Here's to hoping the rest of the season is better.

I also want to take a moment to rant about how cheaply made the Sunny DVDs after season 10 are. I only have seasons 9 and 10 on DVD, but at least the packaging and menus are rather nice and they have at least a couple of extras. The DVDs for season 11 and 12 have these cases made with this cheap-feeling glossy black plastic. Furthermore, they're printed on DVD-Rs making them even cheaper looking and the DVD menus are barebones with an episode selection and that's all. It's just a picture of the DVD cover with the show's theme song playing. No extras, not even a scene selection for the episodes. It's really sad to see how this show is being treated on physical media. :(

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The best is Dennis immediately chiming in with "Don't touch him". Plus Mac calling Dee "A distraction, at best."

Macrame_God posted:

I love this show, but the season debut didn't do much for me. Frank and Charlie's side plot wasn't bad and I got a few good laughs out of it, but the Dennis/Mac/Dee story was doing nothing for me at all. I did get a laugh out of the bit where the show abruptly cut away from Dee in the middle of her rant, but aside from that I wasn't too impressed with it and I saw where they were going with the "Teddy" bit from a mile away. Here's to hoping the rest of the season is better.

I also want to take a moment to rant about how cheaply made the Sunny DVDs after season 10 are. I only have seasons 9 and 10 on DVD, but at least the packaging and menus are rather nice and they have at least a couple of extras. The DVDs for season 11 and 12 have these cases made with this cheap-feeling glossy black plastic. Furthermore, they're printed on DVD-Rs making them even cheaper looking and the DVD menus are barebones with an episode selection and that's all. It's just a picture of the DVD cover with the show's theme song playing. No extras, not even a scene selection for the episodes. It's really sad to see how this show is being treated on physical media. :(

Most shows are going this way on DVD, sadly. American Dad! and Brooklyn 99 are produced the same way.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

double post.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Most people are just streaming things now, so there's no reason to put effort into physical media for TV shows. Plus they can just put the deleted scenes on youtube and post it on Twitter to get viewer engagement.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:lol: @ buying DVDs in the year 2019

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

How else will I be able to watch my shows after the servers go offline?! :corsair:

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I loved how even though Dennis was jealous of the Gruesome Twosome success and found the mac plot annoying, he was totally onboard to help Mac get his gay love.

Overall really enjoyed this premiere and hope for that reunion one year later.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It should be the debut next season

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Macrame_God posted:

How else will I be able to watch my shows after the servers go offline?! :corsair:

If the servers go offline you will be too busy trading bullets for food staples to watch any shows.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Milo and POTUS posted:

It should be the debut next season

It’ll just be the Australians waiting at the bus stop during the sting as Charlie and Frank completely forgot they existed 2 days after they left.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

withak posted:

If the servers go offline you will be too busy trading bullets for food staples to watch any shows.

So, an improvement

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

withak posted:

I'd rather just have a nice physical media package I can get for 20 bucks than paying 60 bucks a month for internet and 10 to 15 bucks a month forever to whatever service that has my favorite show for the rest of my life. Plus no special features anymore because why bother?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Macrame_God posted:

torrents

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

1glitch0 posted:

I'd rather just have a nice physical media package I can get for 20 bucks than paying 60 bucks a month for internet and 10 to 15 bucks a month forever to whatever service that has my favorite show for the rest of my life. Plus no special features anymore because why bother?

...would you just not have internet if it wasn’t for streaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
How are you even going to watch those DVDs? If no one has bothered to fix the internet, I doubt there will be power either.