Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

The new Velvet Acid Christ album is like background music to a video game about vampires shooting other vampires, and I'm pretty okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
I love the new Grendel album. I wish they could have played more off of it this tour, but yeah, loving ATA and AOTDB.

Not industrial but there were certainly a lot of industrial tshirts at the show: I saw Drab Majesty/Xeno and Oaklander/Body of Light earlier this week. Drab was fine, but XO and BOL were WAY better than my impressions based on a Spotify listen. BOL is synthy and dancey and fun, and the XO guy was playing analogue synth the whole time and using a GoPro to play it on the screen behind him. I think it's the first show I've been to in a while where no one on stage had a laptop.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Whispering Machines posted:

I love the new Grendel album. I wish they could have played more off of it this tour, but yeah, loving ATA and AOTDB.

Not industrial but there were certainly a lot of industrial tshirts at the show: I saw Drab Majesty/Xeno and Oaklander/Body of Light earlier this week. Drab was fine, but XO and BOL were WAY better than my impressions based on a Spotify listen. BOL is synthy and dancey and fun, and the XO guy was playing analogue synth the whole time and using a GoPro to play it on the screen behind him. I think it's the first show I've been to in a while where no one on stage had a laptop.

I got to chat with the Body of Light guys a bit after their set in Atlanta. They did an amazing job and were just the nicest dudes ever. I really think they should be headlining shows at some point.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

mfny posted:

So uh new Grendel..

This is very different to prior Grendel(of which I was a fan) but is still good. Catchy as gently caress, decant vocals and well produced.

Further thoughts on this because why not.

Best track is Brace the Storm, its a great opener and sets up what's to come perfectly. My only issue with this album is really some of the lyrics are awkward, the use of "gently caress" in Caught In The Middle is perfect example and slightly spoils what is the second best track on the album.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Apparently Yaz is singing in the current Ashbury Heights live band. I've love to see that! (Source, comments here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RFCmLH-R1/)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

teethgrinder posted:

Apparently Yaz is singing in the current Ashbury Heights live band. I've love to see that! (Source, comments here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RFCmLH-R1/)

That would be awesome. She by far had the best voice and stage presence. I went down a YouTube rabbit hole one day just watching old live videos with her, including a reunion after Kari Berg left.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

mfny posted:

Further thoughts on this because why not.

Best track is Brace the Storm, its a great opener and sets up what's to come perfectly. My only issue with this album is really some of the lyrics are awkward, the use of "gently caress" in Caught In The Middle is perfect example and slightly spoils what is the second best track on the album.
This is driving me nuts. There's guitar part that starts around 0:43 in Brace the Storm that I'm sure I've heard before. That melody is so familiar. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib
Shoutout to poster coolcorn for the introduction, but Belarusian coldwave act Молчат Дома / Molchat Doma / Silent at Home have a very promising sound!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crz1PpKk3dU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I really like Molchat Doma.

thotsky posted:

It's not really what you're asking for but She Past Away is an amazing Dark Wave band out of Turkey.

Hatari did a collab with a Palestinian artist; It's called Klefi
I'm going to see She Past Away in a few months which is going to sound sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7mPRAiwPdk

Saw Twin Tribes recently as well which was good.

New IRIS sounds cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ESyBpgDnRo

I caught them at Convergence awhile back and Frank Spinath showed up and they performed an Edge of Dawn, and I talked to him for awhile afterwards and he couldn't be friendler :)

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Sep 26, 2019

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Rhys Fulber is back and he's bringing back that slick 90s FLA sound
https://djmag.com/music/premiere-rhys-fulber-12-steppes

https://soundcloud.com/djmag/premiere-rhys-fulber-12-steppes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

This doesn't really remind me of FLA but I am interested in the album after reading his thoughts on how it was drawing inspiration from memories of East Germany.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwU4ip5_WIg

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
If you like "Introducing the 1984 Renault LeCar", you might want to listen to Klack and I Die: You Die doing a commentary on it .

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

Fallen Rib

Pope Guilty posted:

If you like "Introducing the 1984 Renault LeCar", you might want to listen to Klack and I Die: You Die doing a commentary on it .

This was fun, thanks

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
new Numb? yes PLEASE

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
In case any UK folk are unaware: Resistanz is back next year. Three days over the Easter weekend, Sheffield at the Corp again.

Tickets go on sale Sunday apparently! Artists tbc.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

More Boy Harsher, also they're touring again through the rest of the year, dates in the video comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZwVbPMtvQ

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Armor-Piercing posted:

More Boy Harsher, also they're touring again through the rest of the year, dates in the video comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZwVbPMtvQ

and here's the album, an expanded version of Country Girl

my god this one's hook sounds like New Order

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Hey the snippet for KMFDM's new track with PIG is up :allears:

There are also other tracks there but who cares by now

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I’m so sad Boy Harsher isn’t coming to Tampa on this tour even though they were just here. That show was INCREDIBLE.

Also can’t sleep because I have Slave to the Needle by Agonoize stuck in my head.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Future Days posted:

Hey the snippet for KMFDM's new track with PIG is up :allears:

There are also other tracks there but who cares by now

This link doesn't work for me :(

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Puntification posted:

This link doesn't work for me :(

lmao they took it down. wonder why! (the snippets were literally 3/4ths of the songs' length lol)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
that boy harsher song is kicken rad and i'm going to go see them this month

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I cut it a bit close, but I'm officially going to Cold Waves in Chicago next week. I am so so so so so stupidly excited to get to see PWEI especially.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
The new Kanga is really good, I like it more than her previous stuff so basically get up on this.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Danger - Octopus! posted:

The new Kanga is really good, I like it more than her previous stuff so basically get up on this.

My main criticism is that It's not nearly long enough.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

You weren't kidding. Holy poo poo.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Never sure how many folk here are in the UK, but someone is putting on an industrial one dayer in Southend on Sea next year. It's a loooong way from anywhere near me but just figured I'd share in case anyone down south wants a gig that isn't in London...

https://www.facebook.com/events/413987245878993/?ti=cl

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's really good but I'm not sure if it'd be better than 5 of the best songs from her LP. Viciousness is really catchy. I did like that this had a different sound. Was weird when that album opened with a song that sounded straight out of Fragile era NIN.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I saw Boy Harsher and they were really powerful

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
a pretty large crowd for a tuesday night too

also, it was cool they use multiple man in their warmup music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3l7EDiDydQ

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

Fallen Rib
Multiple Man are so good. They played New York not too long ago, but it was just too long a trip for me on a weekday. Sad I missed them.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I saw them a few years ago in Melbourne supporting Forces (also fantastic). Lucy Cliche also played a great set that night.

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
The Aesthetic Perfection, Empathy Test, and Lazerpunk tour is amazing, if you get the chance go see them.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

new KMFDM is out and it's KMFDM, that's all I got.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It is extremely KMFDM. :geno:

Also Street Sects released the b-side for Gentrification IV, it's rad. Not sure if this is the right thread for Street Sects.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
I've so far avoided the Raymond Watts track in fear that it's really bad. Someone take the bullet.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I've so far avoided the Raymond Watts track in fear that it's really bad. Someone take the bullet.

it wasn't good.

The songs where the guitars came out were really good mostly because of the new guitarist but once they faded out it was pretty generic stuff again.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I would say it is worse KMFDM than normal KMFDM, and I say that as someone who is generally receptive to post-[the last album you thought was good] KMFDM. Paradise (the track) is 7:59 long and is kind of the musical equivalent of tossing and turning in your bed unable to sleep.

This is the right thread for Street Sects too, I think. They played at Cold Waves this year, so thread-adjacent at the very least.

New Kontravoid is pretty good! New to me, anyway, it came out like two weeks ago but I've been busy. There's been a lot of great music coming out lately. The new Rhys Fulber album Ostalgia is up and it's a good continuation of the sort of sound he's been going for lately. It kills me that I missed the Priest/Rhys tour because of work :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jehde posted:

It is extremely KMFDM. :geno:

Also Street Sects released the b-side for Gentrification IV, it's rad. Not sure if this is the right thread for Street Sects.
Street Sects owns extremely hard. Never heard them before catching a short set (I went to see SRSQ) and they melted my face off. They're coming back too.