Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

The Glumslinger posted:

Yes, this is him soliciting a bribe

Also it's a straight up bribe from Russia. Russia has been funding and controlling the NRA for a long time: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nra-became-foreign-asset-to-russia-before-2016-election-senate-report-says_n_5d8e32c1e4b0ac3cdda7fd7c

Trump is laundering bribes from Russia through the NRA.

Impeach the motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Giuliani is truly the bestest bestest lawyer ever.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/1177691244195205121

:lol: This is a great look considering the report that came out of the Senate today

I was wondering if we were going to get a 5pm surprise and holy lol.

Especially since today is also the day we (officially) found out that the entire NRA organization is a Russian asset / front!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

CrowdControl posted:

I'm just going by this standard definition.

If Joe Biden didn't get his son that job its not nepotism. Nepotism would require some action on Joe's part. It's not an ethical failing for Hunter to take the seat, and it's not an ethical failing for Joe Biden to be influential enough that others attempt to make themselves allies rather than enemies.

It's not an ethical failing if other people want to bribe you, but it is an ethical failing to take the money!

I mean, why do you think we even have the emoluments clause. How can it be an ethical failure if becoming president makes you so influential that everyone wants to bribe you? Surely it's fine to take the money right.

E: and are you really trying to argue that using your influence to get your failson a job isn't nepotism, because somehow it isn't favoring someone to get them a job? That's the tack we're going with here, getting jobs isn't favorable?

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 27, 2019

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

RandomBlue posted:

Literal "I'm not mad, I'm laughing actually." defense. This loving week.

Next batch of talking points just came in:

-nuh uh
-my dad can beat up your dad
-i want a happy meal

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/1177691244195205121

:lol: This is a great look considering the report that came out of the Senate today

I shouldn't be surprised they are this stupid anymore, and yet I am. How, on the day the Senate is like "yeah the NRA is a Russian asset" do they manage to immediately get found out trying to solicit bribes through the NRA.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
https://twitter.com/alex_mallin/status/1177672881205059585

Hmmmm....lot of trips to italy lately

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so what happened this afternoon I've been busy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

Nothing except us eating each other.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

More crimes to cover up the other crimes already committed.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

sexpig by night posted:

Goons got upset about the definition of Nepotism.

E: obviously Nepotism means Hunter Biden has to give a Promise Cube to every player that was eligible for the position.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
On the topic of bribes, I wanted to repost and cleanup this thing I noticed last night

So here is some fluff :lol: Rudy article about how badly his divorce is going and how all of his family hates him. Specifically, its about an allegation from his wife that he left his lawfirm to work for Trump for free to avoid paying alimony.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1154506632547749899

It contained a very interesting quote that everyone seemed to just let slip by their attention

quote:

Clair said Giuliani’s work for Trump is meant to lead the court to “believe he somehow doesn’t have money.”

The lawyer added that Giuliani spent “over one million on credit cards” but “says ‘woe is me’ financially… ‘I don’t have any money left.’”

Giuliani borrowed $100,000 from Marc Mukasey, another one of Trump’s lawyers, Clair said.[/b]

Why is Trump's other lawyer lending him 100k? Especially when he has no means making money since he is working pro-bono for Trump and is claiming to be broke as a joke in court?

That reads like a bigass bribe being laundered through another Trump lawyer, just like how Cohen laundered the Stormy Daniels payments. Mukasey sure as poo poo isn't doing this out of the kindness of his heart, all of this poo poo taken together just smells rotten as hell

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sexpig by night posted:

Senate report says the NRA is thoroughly compromised by Russian interests, good court news on indefinite detention of children, angry slapfights over impeachment tactics and whether the GOP is correct about Hunter Biden

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

It's absolutely a weird sex thing

Being able to nimbly and adeptly contort and express justification, regardless of the moral/ethical basis, is what both of them sell and it's to their benefit to be a polar couple. Regardless of which way the zeitgeist turns they have an built-in out they can turn to to show just how grounded in the correct way they were all along, but also how convincingly they could flip the switch and go all-in on the opposite position if you hired either one of them as a flak. It's slimy as gently caress but neither of them are dumb people and Kellyanne will be one of the few to (sadly) escape relatively untarnished.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nice place to flee retire to, I hear

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

he's not coming back

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

Why is Trump's other lawyer lending him 100k? Especially when he has no means making money since he is working pro-bono for Trump and is claiming to be broke as a joke in court?

That reads like a bigass bribe being laundered through another Trump lawyer, just like how Cohen laundered the Stormy Daniels payments. Mukasey sure as poo poo isn't doing this out of the kindness of his heart, all of this poo poo taken together just smells rotten as hell

just 100k is nothing though for the services rudy has providing, no matter how hilariously bad they have been. the real payment has to be something else

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Majorian posted:

Useful reporting from Maggie for a change? I don't know what to say.:eyepop:

But yeah, this is what I mean when I say a wide scope of investigations might be the thing.

Trump is giving himself away so much at this point that every investigation against him will be widened by him even if that wasn't the original plan :laffo:

Zophar posted:

he's not coming back

"Just visiting my friend, uh... Savio Mascalzoni. Yeah."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sean10mm posted:

Trump is giving himself away so much at this point that every investigation against him will be widened by him even if that wasn't the original plan :laffo:

This strikes me as a very "the President will impeach himself" mindset.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, I had a TS/SCI clearance for my job like... holy poo poo over 20 years ago lmao. :corsair:

Extremely same.

Bizarrely, my investigation was opened and closed within three weeks, while I was at the language school in Monterey. There were other folks who went through a full 63-week course and were still waiting. God, how loving boring was I?!?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is William Barr the corruption Republican Mary Poppins?

"My work here is done, I must go now" *flies off on missile*

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
One of his judicial nominees has been subpoenaed in the Ukraine investigation. Sorry about the huffpo link, but the underlying summons in in there -

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/steven-menashi-trump-judicial-nominee-ukraine-whistleblower-impeachment_n_5d8e4d8ae4b0019647a8518a?yr3

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Majorian posted:

This strikes me as a very "the President will impeach himself" mindset.

I'm mostly joking as indicated by the :laffo: there, but it's a lot more believable now than it was a week ago! :v:

Tayter Swift posted:

Extremely same.

Bizarrely, my investigation was opened and closed within three weeks, while I was at the language school in Monterey. There were other folks who went through a full 63-week course and were still waiting. God, how loving boring was I?!?

That has to be some kind of speed record haha.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1177697007454052352

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So as Trump goes to the NRA/ Russian Intelligence for help, and William Barr goss for a "long vacation" in Europe, Fox's the Five are saying "nah everything's fine! The democrats really overreached on this one!"and "Biden is the one REALLY in trouble here!" :shepface:

Absolutely unreal the parallel universe Fox projects

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Who likely gets subpoenaed next? Rudy? Barr? What happens when Barr inevitably refuses?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sean10mm posted:

I'm mostly joking as indicated by the :laffo: there, but it's a lot more believable now than it was a week ago! :v:

Sure, and to be fair, I'm not saying Trump won't continue to incriminate himself sufficiently (however you define that) on the Ukraine strand alone. But it's good to keep options open, so you don't wind up with another Mueller probe disappointment.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Nunes default look is “uhhhhhh”. How he keeps getting re-elected baffles me.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I bet his recent google search history includes "Italy extradition list" and "Does Italy extradite to USA?"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Retro42 posted:

Nunes default look is “uhhhhhh”. How he keeps getting re-elected baffles me.

His constituency is a group of farmers who couldn’t give less of a poo poo about anything but the (R)

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I wake up in South Korea, see 900 posts waiting for me, and get that mattering tingle. But :lol: it was a bunch of morons arguing about dumb poo poo.

Which is even worse because:

1) Senate revealed the NRA is a Russian asset
2) Trump is on audio talking to LaPierre, a Russian asset, for money to help fight impeachment (soliciting a bribe, very illegal, the best illegal)
3) Pompeo got smacked with a Subpoena that carries the weight of a contempt charge by the end of next week, and a host of other subpoenas are lined up
4) AG Barr is a flight risk in Italy
5) Courts smacked the admin with an injuction saying they can't hold kids in border jail indefinitely.
6) Stormy Daniels got paid for $450K because she was unjustly arrested by a bunch of Police CHUDS
7) Rudy is getting hung out to dry due to be an alimony cheat.
8) POLITICO had the Best Headline of 2019.

You have so much Politics to discuss, shut the gently caress up about dumb semantics!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

J.A.B.C. posted:

I wake up in South Korea, see 900 posts waiting for me, and get that mattering tingle. But :lol: it was a bunch of morons arguing about dumb poo poo.

2) Trump is on audio talking to LaPierre, a Russian asset, for money to help fight impeachment (soliciting a bribe, very illegal, the best illegal)
3) Pompeo got smacked with a Subpoena that carries the weight of a contempt charge by the end of next week, and a host of other subpoenas are lined up
5) Courts smacked the admin with an injuction saying they can't hold kids in border jail indefinitely.
6) Stormy Daniels got paid for $450K because she was unjustly arrested by a bunch of Police CHUDS

You have so much Politics to discuss, shut the gently caress up about dumb semantics!

This is all the good poo poo. :hmmyes:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Who likely gets subpoenaed next? Rudy? Barr? What happens when Barr inevitably refuses?

I'm not sure Rudy doesn't just get arrested or committed.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
To be fair I think those first four things happened in the last two hours.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Madkal posted:

I bet his recent google search history includes "Italy extradition list" and "Does Italy extradite to USA?"

I am pretty sure Russia doesn't extradite its citizens.
... I wonder if there is a way of giving Mr. Barr a suggestion?

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
The fat orange man having some sort of Twitter quiet time recently is kind of bumming me out.

I want more insanity. I want a rally why isn't he doing a rally right now. I probably need more therapy because this week has sparked joy in me the likes I have not felt since the Obama re-election freep thread.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Slowpoke! posted:

To be fair I think those first four things happened in the last two hours.

I am your av/username combo, I apologize.

The time zone different really gets me. Its not even 7 am here. Me and the wife are basically reading the thread, discussing the implications and having a laugh every now and again.

To use a Reagan-Era quote: the sky is black with chickens come home to roost.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

J.A.B.C. posted:

I cant imagine that there is even the tiniest of a chance that Barr defects or goes into exile or some poo poo

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1177694713798901762

Says it is attorney client privilege

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

didnt that get refuted a ton of times in the last few days, also by himself.