Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

The Fool posted:

Nothing built in, but someone posted an AutoHotkey script recently, and I posted a js script on the last page.

My JS script allows you to auto cast anything you can put on the hotbar.

Where is this js script

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Rynoto posted:

You just drag and drop the file onto the page and it'll automatically load it.

:doh:

EDIT: oh right, on the "drop save" button. The button is literal

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 27, 2019

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Gay Hitler posted:

Where is this js script

The Fool posted:

I made an autocast script, paste the following in to you browser console. I've only tested it with chrome.

code:
// I shamelessly stole this sleep function from the first google result I saw
function sleep(ms) {
  return new Promise(resolve => setTimeout(resolve, ms));
}

// Dislaimer: I wrote this for personal use, so if anyone else uses it and it messes up their game it's not my fault.
// slotNumber, quickslot number of the spell you want to cast 1 through 10
// numberOfCasts, how many times you want to autocast the spell
// castDelay, delay in ms to wait between casts
async function autocast(slotNumber, numberOfCasts, castDelay) { 
    for (i = 0; i < numberOfCasts; i++) {
        console.log("Casting spell in slot number: " + slotNumber);
        console.log("Autocast progress: " + (i + 1) + "/" + numberOfCasts);
        document.getElementsByClassName('quickslot')[slotNumber - 1].childNodes[0].click(); 
        console.log(castDelay + "ms until next cast attempt.");
        await sleep(castDelay);
    } 
}
Example, cast the spell in slot 1 5 times every 30 seconds:
code:
autocast(1, 5, 30000)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Any advice for picking between Sorcerer/Wizard/Thaumaturge for T4? All seem fairly vanilla, not sure if there are any upgrades they offer that would make one lean one way or the other.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Is there anything interesting in Lore after 30? I have like 9 extra levels I could train in, but I don't wanna waste hours that could go into elemental stuff if it's all empty.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
nothing is more important to a wizard than the depth of their lore

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

lol arcanum dev doubled down on focus being ridiculous. It now improves so now I get 30 xp every click.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

dis astranagant posted:

lol arcanum dev doubled down on focus being ridiculous. It now improves so now I get 30 xp every click.

Click once and hold enter.

Boom.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Samuringa posted:

Click once and hold enter.

Boom.

I set up an autohotkey script to also cast my hotkey spells to keep mana, whisper, etc at all times.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Huh, refreshing did something buggy to my savegame and re-enabled the option to buy lower-tier classes, so now I have almost all the t2 and t3 classes. The upside is that I have a truly grotesque amount of skills and options, but it somehow skunked my stamina regen so I went from +1.something/s to -0.1/s and nothing seems to change it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dis astranagant posted:

jesus, I had it at 4.3 this afternoon I bet I can get it to 10+ easy if they buffed it again

I'm sad there's no house with more than 400 storage (420 for two specific classes, and yes, one's a giant tree so it might be deliberate) because I want one of all the special buffing buildings and even with voidlore there's no room

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Omi no Kami posted:

Huh, refreshing did something buggy to my savegame and re-enabled the option to buy lower-tier classes, so now I have almost all the t2 and t3 classes. The upside is that I have a truly grotesque amount of skills and options, but it somehow skunked my stamina regen so I went from +1.something/s to -0.1/s and nothing seems to change it.

There's an upgrade at 30 lore that kills your stamina regen to give a bonus to planes lore and various evil skills.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

DawnOfMinstrel posted:

I feel like this has been drowned out due to Arcanum chat, but congratulations, 4G!

Gonna grab it as soon as it's there and drop some cash on it.

Thanks, and hey i'm also balls deep in arcanum, it's managed to pull me in more than any other game this year - probably my pick for best browser game in 2019!

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
In Arcanum are you supposed to go through all the T1 classes or pick one and stick with it to eventually unlock T2?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

nessin posted:

In Arcanum are you supposed to go through all the T1 classes or pick one and stick with it to eventually unlock T2?

You only get one from every tier unless you get the refresh bug. There's no real continuity to it other than Max skills sometimes letting you get other in the same path easier

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Eldercain posted:

You only get one from every tier unless you get the refresh bug. There's no real continuity to it other than Max skills sometimes letting you get other in the same path easier

Yeah, I just picked a T1 class and the rest are still options for me to choose.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

dis astranagant posted:

There's an upgrade at 30 lore that kills your stamina regen to give a bonus to planes lore and various evil skills.

Ooh that'll do it- that must've been one of the things I clicked through without glancing at it. Thanks!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

nessin posted:

Yeah, I just picked a T1 class and the rest are still options for me to choose.
That's a bug, refreshing might fix it (or alternatively you're misreading and they're the T2 options)

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
I'm now splitting timelines to eat children for regen while adventuring this game is hilarious

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Man, I stopped playing it when I needed skill points to unlock herbalism and couldn't be assed to train all the skills for an hour. Turns out there's about 3000 mechanics I didn't see yet. :smith:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what in gods name is behind the stress/befuddlement/confusion mechanics

it just looks like bars randomly rising and falling with no chance for control and no actual consequences

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

For the time being, it seems to be the groundwork for a new mechanic in noncombat dungeons.
Though, the reward from those dungeons is working out weird.
Got five levels in herbalism and presumably the same in Nature given the mana/new spells despite having neither of them unlocked or Nature even an option to unlock just yet.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've been playing NGU for a few days now and i'm noticing a few oddities with offline progression, namely in the autoadvance stuff.

Like, i noticed the augment's don't progress like they do online and both exceed the cap you've set on an augment and not be as far ahead as it should be in the next one.

I've just unlocked the auto advance on skills and i'm seeing the same thing. The max to cap will long have been reached but the next skill will have barely started (if at all).

Is this a bug or a feature?

Kin fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 28, 2019

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
They dont auto advance when doing offline cals yeah.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

This feels like what idle loops would have been if stopsigh didnt insist on a game being perfect and giving up amd moving on to a new idle game 2 weeks in.

Or rather the game idle loops was supposed to be automating since it abstracted idle games another layer but still.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Everyone complained about Evolve having such low storage limits and needing constant attention and having the same problems as Kittensgame but none of you dumbasses have noticed that Arcanum IS essentially Evolve/Kittensgame :eng101:

(I play it aswell, its great)

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Joke's on you, I'm training Divination 13/23 and Crafting 19/25 (with Lore 32/60 and Astronomy 22/32 lurking in the shadows). :suicide:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Thankfully lore does nothing past 35 rn. And the vast majority of other skills top out around 15.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
As far as I'm concerned, lore is the "score" and I'm shooting for a number as high as I can go.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

number go up

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ineptitude posted:

Everyone complained about Evolve having such low storage limits and needing constant attention and having the same problems as Kittensgame but none of you dumbasses have noticed that Arcanum IS essentially Evolve/Kittensgame :eng101:

(I play it aswell, its great)
I actually have and that's why I quit before I unquit out of boredom

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Is there a prestige mechanic yet in Arcanum? I haven't seen anything about one

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

The thing is Arcanum has a lot of things I can just let idle while I do other stuff. Evolve was basically micromanaging ALL the time without any real breaks. The only obnoxious bit about Arcanum so far is selling and buying different furnitures to reach specific research/gold caps or something, but that's not an issue once you have bigger houses.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Buzkashi posted:

Wasn't one as of a few days ago, no idea if one's been added right now - there's void mana that has no use and some drops like Ichor that have no use and chronomancy only does the one thing, so probably eventually

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there an easier way to manage/compare gear in Arcanum? I wish there was a tooltip showing how the item compares to what you have equipped currently but I don't think there is?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

idk, I'm feeling it a lot more than Kittens/Evolve. it helps to know you should be shooting for the easy to get auto-scroll/codex upgrades, that alone cuts out an amazing amount of micro you'd otherwise need to keep coming back to.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

explosivo posted:

Is there an easier way to manage/compare gear in Arcanum? I wish there was a tooltip showing how the item compares to what you have equipped currently but I don't think there is?
There is not, but there are so few items that you can just kinda memorize what you don't have.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Whats the URL for Arcanum. all im getting are steam games ><

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Meskhenet posted:

Whats the URL for Arcanum. all im getting are steam games ><

http://www.lerpinglemur.com/arcanum/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Buzkashi posted:

Eventually. Seems the plan is first to fill out all of the classes and other content then do prestige stuff.