Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
it's so insane that all the pros are effectively required to spend like $2000 on points, it's basically an entry fee to be sure you qualify for the events since you have to win a certain amount

there's nothing else like it in professional gaming as far as I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol I checked a few streams and they're all just dudes opening pack after pack after pack, quick selling everything that isn't an walk-out.
This is ridiculous if you think about it.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Gambling addiction mixed with pokemon cards, it's sad really.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

Lol I checked a few streams and they're all just dudes opening pack after pack after pack, quick selling everything that isn't an walk-out.
This is ridiculous if you think about it.

yeah, people love to watch pack openings, so all the big streamers and youtubers dump tens of thousands of dollars every year doing this and make it back many times over from their various revenue sources.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
If you think that's bad there are 20 thousand people watching people play slots on twitch at any given time

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

hopterque posted:

yeah, people love to watch pack openings, so all the big streamers and youtubers dump tens of thousands of dollars every year doing this and make it back many times over from their various revenue sources.

A lot of them are getting their packs comp'd by EA, for advertising purposes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

mrnoun posted:

A lot of them are getting their packs comp'd by EA, for advertising purposes.

The handful of big streamers that are 'gamechangers' get a couple hundred dollars a month in gift cards as a way of 'comping' some packs but these are people spending 20000 dollars at once when the game launches, and at other times like the TOTY/TOTS releases. Mostly they're spending their own money, its just the most popular type of content and absolutely pays itself back for them, and can also be written off as a business expense for tax purposes obviously.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Got the game today, played a couple of games. It's alright.
What camera do you use? The default seems weird somehow? Too zoomed in?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

for any serie A players Kolarov IF is an excellent CDM with a powerhouse on him, and lukaku can cover back at lb

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

shut up blegum posted:

Got the game today, played a couple of games. It's alright.
What camera do you use? The default seems weird somehow? Too zoomed in?

I think I use Tele or Broadcast but high and zoomed out. I like to see as much of the field as possible.

Also apparently career mode is a complete disaster and people are losing their minds on Twitter. EA promising to patch it as soon as they can but it seems pretty obvious they didn’t test poo poo in that mode at all. Because duh, they literally only care about FUT and whatever other loot crate nonsense

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
What's wrong with it?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

What's wrong with it?

There's a whole list of bugs/stuff in this reddit thread.
Stuff like the AI fielding a team full of reserves, selections that aren't up to date, the inability to change the formation of certain players etc.

By the way, the Dutch commentary in this game is awful. Like really really bad.
Yesterday I had a guy running on the wing and the commentator goes: "Look at that speed, it's like he's riding a bike *makes engine noises*". Or when I was playing some match in a stadium in Rome: "I remember this stadion from the Olympics. We got to stay in x hotel and we could use the Olympic pool, with the 10m diving boards *makes water splashing noise*".

What the gently caress.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 28, 2019

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The game feels very similar to me overall but the defense is a bit easier for sure and as someone said the bullshit loose balls after tackles and repeated chances for the offense seem mostly gone. I think they toned down the scripting that gave teams an offensive advantage when the other team was ahead or the scores were level after both teams scored also... but it's still new days.

The scoring is still absurdly high, I played with a random PCN pro clubs team as their CAM for 8 games and we won 7 and came from 3 behind to draw the 8th game. I had 10 goals and 6 assists in those 8 games... similar levels to last year and my guy is currently only an 82.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

shut up blegum posted:

By the way, the Dutch commentary in this game is awful. Like really really bad.
Yesterday I had a guy running on the wing and the commentator goes: "Look at that speed, it's like he's riding a bike *makes engine noises*". Or when I was playing some match in a stadium in Rome: "I remember this stadion from the Olympics. We got to stay in x hotel and we could use the Olympic pool, with the 10m diving boards *makes water splashing noise*".

What the gently caress.

That sounds amazing. Wish I could play it in Dutch and also could understand it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

dxt posted:

That sounds amazing. Wish I could play it in Dutch and also could understand it.

Found a clip so you can hear it. I changed my mind by the way, it's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/elsierd/status/1177609046289014785?s=19

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
No rules cup in pro clubs: GOTY.

People are really dumb and do not understand what no rules means.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What else could it possibly mean?

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

RCarr posted:

What else could it possibly mean?

it looks like they interpret it as "no fouls" until this happens to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37FWPnAt_Jk

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dollas posted:

it looks like they interpret it as "no fouls" until this happens to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37FWPnAt_Jk

Doesn’t it specifically say that there’s no offsides in the description of the game mode?

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Dollas posted:

People are really dumb

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

How many and what kind of fut matches do I have to play to unlock the transfer market in the web app? I would much rather do my sbcs and other shopping on my pc or phone. Also, can you no longer hold duplicate cards? I feel like I'm forced to sell now if I get a dupe.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

greazeball posted:

How many and what kind of fut matches do I have to play to unlock the transfer market in the web app? I would much rather do my sbcs and other shopping on my pc or phone. Also, can you no longer hold duplicate cards? I feel like I'm forced to sell now if I get a dupe.

They won’t tell you and supposedly it’s completely random and different for every user (which is a load of bullshit). If you contact customer support and complain enough it will magically be unlocked.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

greazeball posted:

You never could hold duplicate cards except in your transfer pile.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

hopterque posted:

You never could hold duplicate cards except in your transfer pile.

OK that sounds like what I remember. It's a shame I can't use a different interface for the transfer list! I hate this poo poo OP

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The new OTW objectives are loving punishing. There is absolutely no way that I’ll be able to get Ndombele.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I just packed Son and found out he's worth 435k

e: actually just thinking about it. Should I hang onto him until just before WL? He's gonna be hella popular then surely.

Elliptical Dick fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 30, 2019

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Elliptical Dick posted:

e: actually just thinking about it. Should I hang onto him until just before WL? He's gonna be hella popular then surely.

Always wait until Thursday to sell.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Isn’t Thursday rivals rewards now? I don’t know how much a high ticket item’s price is going to climb relative to cheap or mid tier options

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

The new OTW objectives are loving punishing. There is absolutely no way that I’ll be able to get Ndombele.

They're really not bad, I just got mine done a couple hours ago. There's a good chance he gets an inform this week already too.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Elliptical Dick posted:

Probably yeah, meta players should rise before the first WL and he's super meta, probably the best BPL striker especially in a year where heading/crossing isn't very good

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

hopterque posted:

They're really not bad, I just got mine done a couple hours ago. There's a good chance he gets an inform this week already too.

The problem is that I’m bad :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hell, same. I was Div 3 gold 2/1 last year and now I’m struggling to win games in div 5

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Checked out futbin to see the card ratings this year. If anyone wants free coins by as many If kolarovs for 15k or less as you can. Every year he gets an IF and it goes to 40k quick because high rated fullbacks are rare and IF fullbacks even more so.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Hell, same. I was Div 3 gold 2/1 last year and now I’m struggling to win games in div 5

lol I was Div 1 gold 1 and same.

Also Seltzer, quick question. Would you sell a card like Son now in order to invest in IF Kolarov or is that too big a gamble?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Same, I'm so so bad right now.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

yeah I'm getting a lot of crashes and hangs plus audio bugs and the having to "earn" the transfer market on the web app... each one of these is pretty egregious plus a gently caress you cherry on top. I wish I hadn't taken last year off, I just want to trade football mans and make flashy stepover doers rage quit with my burnley ball.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
GK AI lookin good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmBWJg4ebzs

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

greazeball posted:

yeah I'm getting a lot of crashes and hangs plus audio bugs and the having to "earn" the transfer market on the web app... each one of these is pretty egregious plus a gently caress you cherry on top. I wish I hadn't taken last year off, I just want to trade football mans and make flashy stepover doers rage quit with my burnley ball.

I took last year off as well, and the thing that annoys me is that my FUT club is gone. What The FC was founded in 2010 or something and now it's gone. The game generated Roma AC as my club and I don't even know how to change that. A minor thing but it annoys me so much. You'd think they would just tie that club to your account. But they don't for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
I’m sure they could, but they also really want you to buy the game each and every year.