Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kojiro posted:

Haha that's me, drew it thinking it was too niche a joke to work but uhh I guess it did?

good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

It's a lovely day in Kamurocho

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goose has never killed anyone

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I just finished the love hotel fight on Yakuza 3 with Kanda. I forgot how silly this was.

Every Yakuza game is a good yakuza game.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Ineffiable posted:

Every Yakuza game is a good yakuza game.

Honest question: have you played Yakuza: Dead Souls?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
goose game is good. yakuza is good. the drawing is good.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The track "As You Like" from Yakuza 0 is a loving banger and I will loving fist fight anyone who disagrees.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I can't get Majima's club fever song from Yakuza 0 out of my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7KVUdv69A0

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

rt4 posted:

This is one of my top 3 pump-myself-up jams for sure.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I saved a jumper... by throwing him off a building :shepface:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

The track "As You Like" from Yakuza 0 is a loving banger and I will loving fist fight anyone who disagrees.

watch out next time you buy a bento box then. that agonising song is the reason i never customised the hostesses in yak 0!!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

rt4 posted:

Yep! It's real good

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

rt4 posted:

I liked the cabaret showdown music from Kiwami 2, gave me the same vibes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Really wish the Real Estate mini game was more engaging. I love doing Majima’s cabaret club. Real estate is just boring as hell.

Waiting in timers is never fun.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Mordiceius posted:

I'm partial to the background version that plays in menus without actual lyrics. Looked the song up one day because I liked how it sounded in the menus, but was disappointed by the full version.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
While we're on the subject of Yakuza 0 music, I still cannot get over how well-integrated this track is with the character action. For me it's right up there with Answers in FFXIV. Worth spoiling yourself if you haven't seen the scene yet (plus the spoilers are light and, if nothing else, intriguing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7R_xQUiZvg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Genuinely in awe of how loving awful the fight with Lau Ka Long is in Y3

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurtofan posted:

I saved a jumper... by throwing him off a building :shepface:

Can't go to hell if you get murdered

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

isk posted:

While we're on the subject of Yakuza 0 music, I still cannot get over how well-integrated this track is with the character action. For me it's right up there with Answers in FFXIV. Worth spoiling yourself if you haven't seen the scene yet (plus the spoilers are light and, if nothing else, intriguing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7R_xQUiZvg

yeah its loving incredible.

Sakurazuka posted:

Genuinely in awe of how loving awful the fight with Lau Ka Long is in Y3

yeah its loving terrible.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

my favorite track in Y0 is definitely the last battle with Shibusawa. it really does feel like a final confrontation between two dragons

Kuze is maybe the best rival in the series though, dude was tough as nails and definitely a key influence for Kiryu's unwillingness to ever give up

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I really like I'm Gonna Make Her Mine and Be The Star from Yakuzas 0 and 5, respectively

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Three Lau fight in IF7 :suicide:

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Reign, With Vengeance, and Two Dragons are all amazing.

Likewise, almost all of the Y6 boss music is outstanding, from Brother, Brother to Destiny. While not my favorite in isolation, I love how Fist Law captures the conflict between the two participants, with Kiryu trying to cut through the other's rage and grief.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh, just realised the Komaki Parry works on weapon attacks unlike the Tiger Drop, it's not as powerful but stuns them and sets them up for a combo, or a super finisher if you have red heat.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Ugh, just realised the Komaki Parry works on weapon attacks unlike the Tiger Drop, it's not as powerful but stuns them and sets them up for a combo, or a super finisher if you have red heat.

Tiger Drop works on everything, but can miss and timing is tighter. Parry works on arm attacks (so no shoulder, knee, kicks) INCLUDING melee weapon attacks, and you can get behind people afterwards for full Rush Combos. Timing is very lax.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh I just got smacked in the face every time I tried it with a weapon attack so I assumed it didn't work lol

derra
Dec 29, 2012
In 3 I felt the risk/reward favored parry until I well into the coliseum. Enemies would super armor through Tiger Drops and I'd still have to deal with their later swings, or the would be jumping/sidestepping the blow. Heat generation and Damage on fully landed Rush Combos enabled by parries were better than Drops as well.

Eventually I was provoking enemies to counter and Dropped their counters, but if you're not completing the coliseum or fighting the Dragon King I don't know how necessary that is.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1178368846991806465

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sadly it'll probably be lost in the October/November storm of games I haven't already played but I'll get to it eventually

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’s me, I’m ready

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'll download it but I'm still only halfway through yakuza 3.

Cant believe we're in an age where there just might be too many yakuza games on one console.

And with ps5 having backwards compatiblity, yakuza will come along with us until the end of time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im not ready because the cowards haven't released it on pc!!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Cant believe we're in an age where there just might be too many yakuza games on one console.

Mods?!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, we don't even have Kenzan or Ishin yet!

well Ishin is on PS4 and we could import it but you know what I mean

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Playing through 0 again because I missed a ton last time.

Like Miracle Johnson, the TRUE Prince of Pop!

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Miracle Johnson, is there any trick to winning the Maharaja dance competition? It seems absurdly difficult

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's literally impossible to win

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Release 3 on PC you cowards! :argh:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

It's literally impossible to win

Yeah, Miracle gets more points than you no matter how perfectly you play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT2EZIKQWzE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Wait have the Y3/4/5 remasters finally gone live? I've been living under a rock for a while.