Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

It does beg the question, why does Sinister get to be on the island but not Deadpool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Billzasilver posted:

It does beg the question, why does Sinister get to be on the island but not Deadpool?

No one likes Wade except for Cable. Not sure if that's still canon.

He would be stealing Jean's costume way too many times to be tolerated.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Colossus likes Deadpool

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Endless Mike posted:

Eh, they could change rules so that mutants are allowed but not in events related to their powers. Angel could be an archer, but not like a pole vaulter. Or you could even require them to wear inhibitor collars.

I remember when Bishop was introduced he just slapped a bracelet on Colossus and it inhibited his powers. It always bothered me that Rogue just didn’t wear that on dates.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CubanMissile posted:

It always bothered me that Rogue just didn’t wear that on dates.

She did on a regular basis in Mr. and Mrs. X, but said it gave her headaches.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Endless Mike posted:

Or you could even require them to wear inhibitor collars.
Uhhhhh, haven't we had Olympics related massacres before... :ohdear:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Just use Leech, problem solved

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what've artie and leech been up to

what if there's two leeches in a room

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Leech and Artie have been with the Future Foundation for years and are now slightly older than before but just as delightful.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Diet Poison posted:

I've always wanted Marvel to come up with some dumb-assed webcomic centering around the day to day lives of their characters, especially the X-Men (every time someone else does it it's great, like that one where Rogue (I think) pretends to be a cat). And now I really want to see some shorts of stand-ups performing on Krakoa and trying to do jokes relevant to the mutants there.

I like this - it'd be a great idea to run in one comic a month or something like that as a little anecdote of a couple of pages at the end.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

You know how that always goes. As soon as a hero loses their power and goes on a normal date, a car falls off a bridge and they wish they had their powers back to save it.

It happens to The Thing literally every time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Billzasilver posted:

You know how that always goes. As soon as a hero loses their power and goes on a normal date, a car falls off a bridge and they wish they had their powers back to save it.

It happens to The Thing literally every time.

That's not true, occasionally his best friend dies.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Despite how much potential Marauders has as a concept, it feels a bit crummy to me that Emma taking down Sebastian Shaw, telling him he's a worthless, cruel hedonist who mistreats women, beating him up in the process and setting up her new status quo as the Black King...is almost immediately followed by Hickman having Emma abandon that title and buddy up with Shaw again. I wonder if just how brutal her X-Men Black takedown of him was will be referenced, or addressed, in the ongoing stuff?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Android Blues posted:

Despite how much potential Marauders has as a concept, it feels a bit crummy to me that Emma taking down Sebastian Shaw, telling him he's a worthless, cruel hedonist who mistreats women, beating him up in the process and setting up her new status quo as the Black King...is almost immediately followed by Hickman having Emma abandon that title and buddy up with Shaw again. I wonder if just how brutal her X-Men Black takedown of him was will be referenced, or addressed, in the ongoing stuff?

Technically it already has, with Emma's reaction to being told she needs to get Shaw on board:

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 30, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1179250311329964036?s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

already gone

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It was an edit of a panel of Emma Frost saying that redheads are hot/she wants to gently caress redheads.

One of those two.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, some interesting world-building this week, but nothing too revelatory. There still seems to be something going on with Xavier since they refuse to show his face, so maybe we'll finally see that next week.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Ah, the humane mutant nation's criminal justice system of "eternal ultra-solitary confinement, without fixed term, until we arbitrarily decide to give you another shot". Not sure that torturing Sabretooth indefinitely because you're too ideologically pure to set up a functional prison system is a great idea.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Like, Xavier literally on the same page says, "we tolerate no prisons here on Krakoa", but um, this is totally a prison! Just because it's inside a big plant and uses mutant magic to create inescapable cells doesn't make it not a prison. You've just created an extra nightmarish prison system while pretending you don't have one at all!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Basically if at least one of the new ongoings isn't about rebels/reformists trying to disrupt the dystopian Krakoan regime (which, by the way, seems to be an autocratic oligarchy on top of everything else), I'm gonna be disappointed.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Android Blues posted:

Like, Xavier literally on the same page says, "we tolerate no prisons here on Krakoa", but um, this is totally a prison! Just because it's inside a big plant and uses mutant magic to create inescapable cells doesn't make it not a prison. You've just created an extra nightmarish prison system while pretending you don't have one at all!

Yeah, I'd totally love to hear what Xavier's definition of "prison" is.

Merriam-Webster posted:

prison

noun

pris·​on | \ ˈpri-zᵊn  \

Definition of prison

(Entry 1 of 2)

1: a state of confinement or captivity

2: a place of confinement especially for lawbreakers specifically : an institution (such as one under state jurisdiction) for confinement of persons convicted of serious crimes

Also him calling it "exile" has to be the most distorted and disingenuous use of the word since The Dark Knight Rises.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 2, 2019

hexate
Sep 13, 2012

What do you mean it's not Tom Cruise?

Android Blues posted:

Even potentially more sinister, when he is judged to be useful again, does the pre-Krakoa'd copy of Sabertooth show up in a new body, or the original / a copy of the one who's been trapped underground?
Teleporter problem on steroids!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

On a lighter note:

AceOfFlames posted:

"It's been 6 months since Louis C.K. has gone missing in Krakoa after a show held there. Krakoan officials still refuse to say what happened to him other than "he's been dealt with" and U.S. authorities are reluctant to press the matter further."

Now we know what happened to him! :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Xavier is just taking the Dark Knight Rises Crane's approach.

"Exile... by prison"

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

so now i guess it's law that all mutants must gently caress

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Parallax posted:

Well the hero at the end of the series was beer, so...

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Android Blues posted:

Ah, the humane mutant nation's criminal justice system of "eternal ultra-solitary confinement, without fixed term, until we arbitrarily decide to give you another shot". Not sure that torturing Sabretooth indefinitely because you're too ideologically pure to set up a functional prison system is a great idea.

Yeah that was maybe the clearest 'these aren't the good guys' part of the whole series so far.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Parallax posted:

That ending celebration was like 1 page away from turning into an orgy.

Nightcrawler has spoken. Mutants gently caress.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Sinteres posted:

Yeah that was maybe the clearest 'these aren't the good guys' part of the whole series so far.

Even weirder is that the council unanimously votes for the eternal solitary confinement plan. There's no dissent at all, and not much debate, even from the side of the table you'd think might be quite hesitant.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, I've kind of lost interest in this series. It sort of feels like there are no actual people involved in it any longer?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Is there a reason Hickman is so adverse to showing Xavier’s face? Or just a red herring? He was only shown from behind in that first couple of pages before putting on the mask. Orchi’s seems to be an ongoing threat (which is needed with all these reformed villains). Nice to see Skin and Synch enjoying life together.

Android Blues posted:

Even weirder is that the council unanimously votes for the eternal solitary confinement plan. There's no dissent at all, and not much debate, even from the side of the table you'd think might be quite hesitant.
Yeah that is interesting. I can see almost all of the characters wanting to protect the children on the island though, but that’s not where it seemed to come from. Selene and Penance are the two most egregious villains brought to Krakoa, being vampires who fed off children.

Two questions:
1. I just remember Gorgon from Secret Warriors. Any essential reading for him?
2. Do we know anything about Moira’s no-space? Can’t remember it. Wonder if it is supposed to stop her from aging.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Yeah that is interesting. I can see almost all of the characters wanting to protect the children on the island though, but that’s not where it seemed to come from. Selene and Penance are the two most egregious villains brought to Krakoa, being vampires who fed off children.
Yeah - Sabretooth is bad, but they're explicitly just making an example of him because he was the first person to break a Krakoan law (a law which, rather unfairly, was passed after he broke it). Like you say, they're cool with Selene walking around in public. If they were imprisoning everyone who was as evil and murderous as Sabretooth...well, Apocalypse and Sinister wouldn't be on the council, and a lot of its other members would be on thin ice.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

What would be really impressive is if rear end in a top hat Xavier moved sabertooth to x-force the next day.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Sabretooth is in the Sunken Place.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Considering Emma and Jean and Xavier are in the council exile to the void is probably better than psychic lobotomy.

They could always employ an AXIS reversal and make Sabertooth good again!!!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They could always employ an AXIS reversal and make Sabertooth good again!!!

I mean, they can reset his mind to any point, right? This seemed like an option...

Good little piece where Emma tries to shut him up and can't quite do it but Jean is all, "No, seriously, STFU."

Android Blues posted:

Who would dissent though? It's not like any of the people on the council haven't killed before. Hell, some of them are straight Mutant Hitlers. Plus, y'know, Jean (though which time period of Jean this is is still up in the air so maybe she hasn't murdered a few billion broccoli people). Storm certainly has a history of doing whatever to protect her family and friends. Knowing Creed's past, it doesn't surprise me she's on-board with just getting rid of him. And Kurt? poo poo, Mr. Ex-Priest is certainly pro-life- as evident by his desire for loving- so I'm sure this is a preferable solution to many alternatives.

Also a small point: we don't know where Creed ends up. We don't know what's under Krakoa's surface (the map at the end implies it runs through the loving Earth) so maybe he's just in a big underground place with nobody around? Or... maybe he's in No Place with Moira. I mean, they're not writing Sabretooth out of X-comics forever. I give it a year before he shows up again.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Let's play a game:

Name every character involved or meaningfully mentioned in the story so far—because Hickman foreshadows from the start—who would have had the means, motive, and opportunity to insert themselves into Moira's mind in a previous lifetime, so that when her powers awaken in subsequent lifetimes, the previously inserted character's mind comes with them; who could and would want to brainjack Xavier when he scanned her in this lifetime.

For bonus points in the game, decide if it's more likely to be Sinister, a machine consciousness from the future/space, or both. Explain your reasoning.

What if we aren't seeing the professor's face because there's a red diamond thing on his forehead?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

whatever Xavier is hiding (if he is) has to be something that would surprise the reader, but not necessarily the people around him. so i think you can rule out obvious possession like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Squizzle posted:

What if we aren't seeing the professor's face because there's a red diamond thing on his forehead?
Seems unlikely, as I don't think the other characters would just shrug about that.