Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

soy!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Mar 23, 2021

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

How many good boy points do you lose when you throw the tendies at your mom?

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

sincx posted:

LMAO imagine the manufactured outrage in US government "NewsGuard"-approved media if this happened in China and not the US:

China something something black mirror something.

quote:

Ms. Hong examined attitudes toward mainlanders with a series of implicit association tests, which use rapid-fire word association prompts to measure subconscious prejudices.

“We found that implicit bias is very strong — even stronger than white prejudice against African-Americans,” she said.

Just go to lihkg and search for new threads with "支那" in the title everyday. Its all there.

I actually don't want to raise a stink on this part, because only the "less educated" HKers say it out loud, the middle class only dog-whistle it. I feel beating on it only focus on the already oppressed lower class and let the xenophobic middle class off the hook.

tino has issued a correction as of 21:40 on Sep 27, 2019

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
stamp time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYY_snZVbw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZhCRha0rHE

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
q: what are you going to do after the revolution?

me:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so i just read an article about how china has a plan to have three hour travel to anywhere in the country by 2035 is this for real because if so i might have to become a tankie

Stocking posted:

fascist cult's newspaper is fine apparently

i tried reading one of these the other day and it wasnt even a newspaper just a book that had been reproduced in newspaper format they started off by talking about how marx was a satanist and about how communists murder people for the fun of it to please their dark god satan then it started talking about how jesus was in china first in prehistory and taught people magic powers and how the communists are repressing this information and how we can have magic powers too

is that what they actually believe because it seemed like every time i got to a new section i was thinking to myself i must not be interpreting this correctly

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Pretty much. Falun Gong is Scientology with Chinese Characteristics.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I wonder if there's any bootleg videos of Shen Yun floating around. I'd love to see the scene of Karl Marx washing away all the good Chinese in a red tide.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lol wtf is this poo poo

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It's time for regime change in Hong Kong.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

sincx posted:

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1177827912143134721

Between this and the last article, I may have to change my previous assessment that the Hong Kong independence radicals are just a fringe minority.

edit:

If a significant portion of the population becomes radicalized, at some point things may actually go from "pro-democracy protestors with a few violent extremists" to "separatist guerrilla forces."

Let's game out a worst-case scenario:

~30,000 separatists takes over government offices, mass transit stations, and the airport. Two decades of pent-up frustration against Mainlanders explodes in a weekend of violence. Mandarin speakers make a mad scramble for Lok Ma Chau.

HK police is outnumbered and unable to respond. Carrie calls for help, the People's Armed Police marches in. The PAP manages to take back the city after a week of block-by-block urban combat. Despite the PAP making a half-hearted effort to use non-lethal methods, a few hundred separatist fighters are killed in the fighting, along with a few dozen government troops. ~5,000 fighters are arrested, the rest escape. The PRC sets up an occupation that makes Xinjiang look like child's play.

The fighting is carried live on cable news around the world. The US sanctions the PRC, increasing tariffs to 100% and severely restricts access to dollar-denominated financial transactions. Both sides recall their diplomats and all commercial flights between the countries stop. A severe recession hits the globe, exacerbated by a sudden shortage of manufactured goods.

Unemployment in the US jumps to 10%. Unemployment in China jumps to 20%. Xi's political rivals begin stirring. Seeking to regain control, and with nothing to lose, Xi orders an invasion of Taiwan. Trump jumps on the opportunity to divert attention from his impeachment and sends in American forces. US submarines quickly sink the Liaoning and the Type 001A. In response, PLA cruise missiles sink the Ronald Reagan.

Soon, Minutemans and DF-41s start flying and we are all freed from our mortal coils.

ok Hong Kong independence weirds are bad but writing Tom Clancy fanfiction about China is not therefore good

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's hard to imagine any Hong Konger attempting to resist deadly force, even if the PAP was sent in. Nobody actually wants a war, no matter how appealing independence might sound in the abstract.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
The most ridiculous part of that post is the idea that anyone would ever use the border crossing at Lok Ma Chau.

Really it's just another hilarious example of someone posting a lot about Hong Kong without ever having been there.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I wouldn't call HK protesters' violence is "escalating" though. I would call their physical actions "passive aggressive non critical" violence.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1177897360078360576?s=20

glorious :china:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

raised in darkness 364 days of the year, only let out on that special day of the year...flag day

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's hard to imagine any Hong Konger attempting to resist deadly force, even if the PAP was sent in. Nobody actually wants a war, no matter how appealing independence might sound in the abstract.

the "CIA elements" will be resisting (ineffectively) sadly some casualties are inevitable when the people's armed police moves in the suppress them. The protesters brought it on themselves when they keep breaking the law, disrespect their police and only understand violence as the solution to problems

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GoutPatrol posted:

raised in darkness 364 days of the year, only let out on that special day of the year...flag day

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wonder if there's any bootleg videos of Shen Yun floating around. I'd love to see the scene of Karl Marx washing away all the good Chinese in a red tide.

I stumbled into cheapo tickets for Shen Yun a couple years ago and it varies between pretty neat Chinese history / traditional myth stuff, really hamhanded, and really weird.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
if only they had patriotic education in Hong Kong to instill good and cool leftist values in their children

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
mini xi

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Here you'd think with the outpouring of love and support for the police from the Hong Kong people he wouldn't have this problem. So weird that he'd feel safer in China. I wonder why that is.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.nepal24hours.com/ruling...QpV88N-KfF7DfnE

:3:

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
The 8848 Communist League

Time to export people's justice to Bhutan.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/arslan_hidayat/status/1177742755654709248

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

that was such a dumb take i had to check the twitter to make sure he wasnt joking

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

get them forum accounts

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

ngl taking a shot of hard liquor is a pretty rad way of proving your loyalty to communism and I would personally prove loyalty thus many times over the course of a night

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Typo posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=269
ngl taking a shot of hard liquor is a pretty rad way of proving your loyalty to communism and I would personally prove loyalty thus many times over the course of a night

Truly a struggle session we can all get behind.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Some Guy TT posted:

that was such a dumb take i had to check the twitter to make sure he wasnt joking

one look at the comments tells you people will buy anything, although this one is bad enough it's getting some pushback

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao people think all muslims are teatotalling lameos like the saudis

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
:holymoley:

https://twitter.com/arslan_hidayat/status/1177228782660399105

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao people think all muslims are teatotalling lameos like the saudis

much like with all religious food and drink based rules it really depends on how much you give a poo poo about the faith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Afaik from my conversations with muslims, doing haram stuff doesn't count against you in the eyes of God if you're genuinely fooled into it or forced to through serious enough threats, so even if people were threatened with consequences in some instances, it's more like a test of faith, enabling less devout muslims to rise higher in society because the more devout will be willing to take more social suffering for their faith.

So basically effective pressuring policy wouldn't be like "drink this and deal with the guilt for the rest of your life or get thrown into a dark hole for who knows how long" or whatever, much more like "come drink with me and we'll discuss your promotion".