Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the titular sunny from it's always Sunny in Pennsylvania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

It's the titular sunny Pepe Silvia from it's always Sunny in Pennsylvania.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I keep seeing this guy everywhere but I have no idea what it's from. I assume some TV show but can't tell which one. What is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZM__vY9DIw

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I keep seeing this guy everywhere but I have no idea what it's from. I assume some TV show but can't tell which one. What is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peUe-82Qgs4

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is the show. I think it is quite funny and probably worth a watch.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ShadowSpectre posted:

please don't do this

The dudes who spent their 20s doing epic owns on rappers by making funny excel graphs about their lyrics try and act like they're woke now but all it takes is one soundcloud rapper to be on tv and their white fragility immediately crumples.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This hits too much close to home, right now :(

leethasbro
Apr 11, 2005

Rat Enthusiast

ToxicSlurpee posted:

nacho cheese flavored doritos brand chips

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i didn't realize until it was pointed out to me years later that 'Pepe Silvia' was 'Pennsylvania'.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i didn't realize until it was pointed out to me years later that 'Pepe Silvia' was 'Pennsylvania'.

That is what seems to make the most sense, but I would think none of the mail would say Pennsylvania, it would all be addressed to their building, Philadelphia, PA. So it would be the two letter code written out, not Pennsylvania. But maybe it would be written somewhere else? Have I thought about this too long?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Holy poo poo, I never realized that. He can't loving read!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

WTF :aaaaa:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

IncredibleIgloo posted:

That is what seems to make the most sense, but I would think none of the mail would say Pennsylvania, it would all be addressed to their building, Philadelphia, PA. So it would be the two letter code written out, not Pennsylvania. But maybe it would be written somewhere else? Have I thought about this too long?

Return addresses? Or maybe people writing it out? Some people write it out. Granted Pennsylvania is weird in that it started getting called PA long before postal codes came around as we know them.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

gently caress, that show is good

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Kuros posted:

Blursed:

From a couple pages back but my good friend Teal made this and I want to make sure she gets credit for her excellent post

https://twitter.com/TealSather/status/1177087236942311425?s=19

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Darude - Sandstorm

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They claim they didn't have that in mind when they wrote it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pro-unmute
https://i.imgur.com/p91euFw.mp4

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

John Mulaney killed princess Diana?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

tactlessbastard posted:

John Mulaney killed princess Diana?

It's in one of his bits that his parents accusingly told him of her death

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

I always thought it was supposed to be things signed P.P. something.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

When Charlie's talking about Pepe Silvia and Carol doesn't Mac specifically say that those people exist and they ask for their mail on a daily basis? If Charlie was misreading Pennsylvania Mac's response would make no sense.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

McPhearson posted:

When Charlie's talking about Pepe Silvia and Carol doesn't Mac specifically say that those people exist and they ask for their mail on a daily basis? If Charlie was misreading Pennsylvania Mac's response would make no sense.

How does Cube Meat fit into all this?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

McPhearson posted:

Mac doesn't know they're real people, he knows that real people want their mail.

Like if Charlie said the imaginary person Louise isn't getting her mail Mac would have said "give Louise her mail, she's probably pissed" not knowing there's no Louise.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I imagine "Carol in HR" might also be "Care of HR" being read incorrectly as well; and potentially makes more sense of mail being addressed to a larger company.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/D_A_Clarke/status/1178001819152216064

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

They were real people who needed their mail, which is why the guy said "these people are real and need their mail" ! "Care of HR" doesn't mean anything!!!! You hell rear end nerds!!!!!!!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
thanks for trying to make the funny scene not funny anymore, meme thread.

the joke does not hinge upon what pepe silvia or carol actually mean.

In short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QZgH1eP2o

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I just listened to Charlie Day on "Wait, Wait… Don't Tell Me!" and he verified that Pepe Silva was just a funny name & not really a mispronunciation of Pennsylvania.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Shame. its a really good joke even if its unintentional.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

yeah I eat rear end posted:

thanks for trying to make the funny scene not funny anymore, meme thread.

the joke does not hinge upon what pepe silvia or carol actually mean.

In short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QZgH1eP2o

Look buddy, we're goons here. We don't tell jokes; we demolish them. We tell them forever until they quit being funny then keep telling them until not being funny becomes funny. Then we run that into the ground too.

It's just our way.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Sep 29, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Chad Jihad posted:

They were real people who needed their mail, which is why the guy said "these people are real and need their mail" ! "Care of HR" doesn't mean anything!!!! You hell rear end nerds!!!!!!!

yeah it does. it means it's being sent to HR for them to give to someone else

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The best I've seen was when a guy came into Corona Bar and said "Mitä kaverit?" and someone replied "En tiä, ei o näkyny."

Doesn't translate directly but something like "How's all my friends?" and "Dunno, haven't seen any."

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Pretty sure the show creators have addressed this theory and it isn't true

Pretty sure