Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

jesus WEP posted:

most of the joshi he met

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I should be used to it by now I guess but there are times where I feel like Bryan is impatient with and kinda rude to Granny, this week's ep was one of those instances.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

oh in case anyone is wondering where we are in terms of WCW timeline for the retro show

it's time

Since the start of this year I have been waiting for them to reach this moment

Followed by Bryan eventually losing his mind over the increasingly irrelevant 6(?) month war between Mike Sanders and Ernest the Cat Milller over who gets to be the Commissioner of WCW.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Incessant Excess posted:

I should be used to it by now I guess but there are times where I feel like Bryan is impatient with and kinda rude to Granny, this week's ep was one of those instances.

I had to stop listening to the show while I get ready for work cause that poo poo would always piss my wife off when she heard it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Yeah the granny audio is usually too cringeworthy for me now, so I only listen when there's a gem people talk about.

jesus WEP posted:

most of the joshi he met

:thurman:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

I can't really blame Bryan for being irritable when he's probably had like three combined hours of sleep all week. I think it's just their dynamic too, my dad would dagger and tease his grandma all the time

I think it would kind of be a turn-off to anyone listening to the show for the first time though like JT said about his wife, especially if you don't really get Bryan's radio gimmick yet. i hope Granny lives for a while longer :smith:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It never really bothered me too much at first but then my own wrasslin granny passed away a few months ago so now I'm just more sensitive about it, I guess.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Going live here in a few minutes with reactions and analysis to the firing of Rush and Dragon Lee by CMLL.

https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjbryDgblqnkOh6ZFxftoGQ

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

We're live!

https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Low Desert Punk posted:

I can't really blame Bryan for being irritable when he's probably had like three combined hours of sleep all week. I think it's just their dynamic too, my dad would dagger and tease his grandma all the time

I think it would kind of be a turn-off to anyone listening to the show for the first time though like JT said about his wife, especially if you don't really get Bryan's radio gimmick yet. i hope Granny lives for a while longer :smith:

Yeah the way family members talk to each other is often totally different in tone to outsiders listening in than how the familiar parties perceive it. Although knowing that doesn’t really make it any more listenable in a radio context

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Who wants to see Vinny ride a tricycle around the rink at half-time of a minor league hockey game? Too bad.

https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1177861892024352768

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Posted a quick solo reaction and analysis episode for Rush and Dragon Lee's firing from CMLL:

https://open.spotify.com/show/2SqoJSz5Ans40LZIfwFrIg?si=eoPJ4PE0ShKxUng8h0GnxQ

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-12-rush-and-dragon-lee-live-firing-reaction/

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Dave obsessed are chatting about Dave having to talk about race because of the Cody thing, what are they on about?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Cody: “If you look at other sports, African Americans are dominating in sports. Dominating in the NBA. Dominating the NFL. How come that hasn’t made its way to wrestling?”

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/cody-brandi-rhodes-change-aew-dynamite/

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like "asking questions" from any side. you should turn that into a statement my friend cody rhodes. and state why as well. but it's a start. and perhaps asking questions is a better way to bring a very small percentage of people who don't already agree to your side. and if that is the case, i might be wrong. i need to ask myself some questions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God the opening minute of the latest Observer Radio with Dave trying to convince Bryan to apply for a job is amazing. :xd:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Incessant Excess posted:

Cody: “If you look at other sports, African Americans are dominating in sports. Dominating in the NBA. Dominating the NFL. How come that hasn’t made its way to wrestling?”

I'm not a huge sportsball person, but isn't there an argument about systemic racism in American professional sports that takes advantage of blacks?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Helicity posted:

I'm not a huge sportsball person, but isn't there an argument about systemic racism in American professional sports that takes advantage of blacks?

There is a difficulty in discussing genetic factors that can contribute to a particular ethnicity doing really well at certain sports. You can end up sounding like eugenicist or some Fox News nutter. However it is a factor, for a less potentially fraught example look up hip displasia in Polish and Eastern European genomes and how many of the great Olympic lifters are from that area. Socioeconomic factors also make their way in, but genetics has a hell of a lot of correlation.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I wasn't even looking at it from a genetics and performance perspective - just the optics of rich white owners fielding teams of blacks destroying their bodies for the entertainment of the public.

If I'm inventing some sort of exploitive vibe that isn't a thing, we can and should move on.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Helicity posted:

the major correlation would be that professional athletics is seen as a way for the poor to get out of poverty and move to a higher societal class, and most of the poor is black or other minorities because hey America

Helicity posted:

I wasn't even looking at it from a genetics and performance perspective - just the optics of rich white owners fielding teams of blacks destroying their bodies for the entertainment of the public.

If I'm inventing some sort of exploitive vibe that isn't a thing, we can and should move on.

its rich people taking advantage of poor people

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

College sports making billions off Athletes that make 0 off it is probably one of the more disgusting parts of sports in the US (that isn't abuse related)

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

College sports making billions off Athletes that make 0 off it is probably one of the more disgusting parts of sports in the US (that isn't abuse related)

Plus the way they effectively end the careers of any collegiate athlete who does somehow make money while still in college

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Anyone use downcast to listen to the observer? For the life of me I can't get my account signed in no matter what I do.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

JT Smiley posted:

Anyone use downcast to listen to the observer? For the life of me I can't get my account signed in no matter what I do.

This issue is the reason that I switched to Overcast a few years back, so it's not just you. Not sure if there's a fix now though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1178040237403955200

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm sad Edge left.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Juventud Guerrera got a raw deal with both WCW and WWE. Dude was a big deal in Mexico but no one in the US seemed to realize.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He was a nut job who couldn't be trusted

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

So was Shawn Michaels

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ICHIBAHN posted:

Sign of a quality pro wrestler.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Consuming large amounts of Juvi Juice has serious side effects.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pinche Rudo posted:

Consuming large amounts of Juvi Juice has serious side effects.

only in Australia

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If I was basically told I was there to be an enhancement talent because my culture isn’t worth poo poo in the US, I’d get get fishfaced in weird pills and act out too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Juvi at least got a chance to show his wares for other promotions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFqrppW9N0c

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

I've used Overcast, Podcast Addict, and Beyondpod in the past. Something that threw me for a long time is that a) it wants your username, NOT your email address, and b) that username is case sensitive.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

dave saying drew mcintyre is a better big man than Lance Archer gave me whiplash

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

sleepwalkers posted:

I've used Overcast, Podcast Addict, and Beyondpod in the past. Something that threw me for a long time is that a) it wants your username, NOT your email address, and b) that username is case sensitive.

Which would you recommend for iOS?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Low Desert Punk posted:

dave saying drew mcintyre is a better big man than Lance Archer gave me whiplash

hiold the gently caress up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

His pwg run makes me agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Are we talking all time or current work? All time I'm saying McIntyre. Last 6 months go to Lance.