Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

He'd try and bomb so hard, it wouldn't even be funny. I'd just feel sorry for him, and I don't want to feel sorry for Biden.

tbf, I don't think there is such a thing as a funny Trump impersonation, so the only good ones are the ones that are so bad they become funny in and of themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
What's Bernie's campaign pay?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Majorian posted:

He'd try and bomb so hard, it wouldn't even be funny. I'd just feel sorry for him, and I don't want to feel sorry for Biden.

i dunno, biden may have been successfully doing a trump impression since the beginning. maybe that's why biden sundowns during every debate

How are u posted:

$15/hr iirc, with all campaign staff being paid. unlike warren, bernie doesn't have unpaid interns.

edit: apparently it's a bit above $16/hr vvv

Condiv fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 28, 2019

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How are u posted:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-sanders-reaches-salary-agreement-with-campaign-staffers/

quote:

The union representing staffers, the United Food and Commercial Workers Local 400, ratified by vote an agreement instituting a $42,000 annual salary and a 50-hour work week. The campaign also provides field staffers with 100-percent health care coverage.

"We underwent negotiations. It has now, the offer, it has been accepted," Sanders told CNN in an interview Tuesday.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This thread making GBS threads on Warren for reaching a fair agreement with her staff’s union is the single most predictable thing in the history of internet forums.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

How are u posted:

the equivalent position for bernie is $3,500/m with 100% health benefits and six days a week. they have "expected" 50 hour/week, rather than warren's 60, but the 50 isn't codified and they explicitly say organizers may work longer than that

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mellow Seas posted:

This thread making GBS threads on Warren for reaching a fair agreement with her staff’s union is the single most predictable thing in the history of internet forums.

You mean refusing to sign a collective bargaining agreement after 100+ days and not paying her staff?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Mellow Seas posted:

This thread making GBS threads on Warren for reaching a fair agreement with her staff’s union is the single most predictable thing in the history of Internet forums.

I'm not making GBS threads on her reaching an agreement with her staff's union, I'm making GBS threads on the fact that she has staff, and she has unpaid interns

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mellow Seas posted:

People seem to largely be curious about if she's still using unpaid interns but go off as usual I guess?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Bernie's DC interns are also covered and make $20/hr, and his staff has 20 days paid vacation instead of 15.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Chilichimp posted:

tbf, I don't think there is such a thing as a funny Trump impersonation, so the only good ones are the ones that are so bad they become funny in and of themselves.

He's basically built his whole career on being a cartoon character already.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Oh Snapple! posted:

People seem to largely be curious about if she's still using unpaid interns but go off as usual I guess?

the infographic i quoted was from august 30th 2019, so i'd guess she's still using unpaid interns. but maybe she upgraded all the unpaid interns to paid interns

https://eu.desmoinesregister.com/st...ers/1808214001/

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Anthony Atamanuik's is hilarious, but try telling that to Comedy Central.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Warren has no unpaid internships. She has unpaid fellowships. I give this slur against Warren twelve Pinnochios and a Gepetto angrily wagging his finger Bernie-ishly.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why do campaign staff work such long hours.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Groovelord Neato posted:

why do campaign staff work such long hours.

because they're the people doing 90% of the work

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

drat, Booker and Castro have campaigns about to sink into the seas of debt while Delaney and Bullock are idiots too conservative for the 2008 Democratic primary.

Meanwhile Joe Biden is sitting all by himself, not paying any interns. What a loving rear end in a top hat.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

the equivalent position for bernie is $3,500/m with 100% health benefits and six days a week. they have "expected" 50 hour/week, rather than warren's 60, but the 50 isn't codified and they explicitly say organizers may work longer than that

The issue isn't the pay for paid workers, but more that she still uses unpaid jobs, so any reasonable evaluation of the salaries should also average in a bunch of 0's.

And no, unpaid internship/"fellowships" are not the same thing as volunteers; I know that this is the main talking point to counter this, but they are very obviously not the same thing.

Typo posted:

Maybe you should explain to them why voting for a racist white lady who literally took a DNA test is bad?

Yes - the update to this is that I have gotten my dad to say he will support Bernie. I'm waiting until closer to the primary to discuss with my mom because she isn't the type of person to discuss politics much and I don't want to leave several months between any arguments I make and the primaries.

Sadly, the DNA test stuff specifically does not gain much traction, because most older people (and apparently the subset of younger people who support Warren) are racist in a way that they don't see the problem with it. The angle I'm taking is to focus on the policy differences to make general point of "there's no reason to support her instead of him" (and maybe also the Cherokee stuff in the context of it being "a weakness against Trump").

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

delaney having a net worth of nearly a quarter billion dollars and having unpaid campaign staff is infuriating.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Majorian posted:

Hey now, that's not fair. She popularized the beloved Cherokee delicacy known as "Crab with Tomato Mayonnaise Dressing," which raised great awareness and brought numerous benefits to the Cherokee people.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
I wonder if her house is full of fake native artifacts, too

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I don't even LIKE mayonnaise dressing, but look at me!

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://twitter.com/jackrabbitrocks/status/1177938896770011136?s=21

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

the_steve posted:

"Warren lying about her ethnicity for personal gain doesn't matter and didn't actually help her that much!" claims increasingly nervous liberals.

One defense I've seen is 'There's no evidence that it helped her' as if that was the bar that needed to be cleared rather than 'there is concrete evidence that it made no difference or was even a negative'.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

About the same a Bernie stan feels for being in the same camp as someone who wants to literally guillotine the upper middle class...

I don't like... care much? Some rich dumbass spouting bullshit on a cable news network isn't why I'd vote for Warren, and it certainly isn't why I wouldn't.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mellow Seas posted:

Because the goal is to crater the race scientist. loving catch up!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

it certainly isn't why I wouldn't.

It certainly is a major reason to not vote for her actually.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

It certainly is a major reason to not vote for her actually.

lol, okay. Nice "nuh-uh" post, I guess.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Chilichimp posted:

About the same a Bernie stan feels for being in the same camp as someone who wants to literally guillotine the upper middle class...

:thunk:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Chilichimp posted:

lol, okay. Nice "nuh-uh" post, I guess.

A more substantial post would posit that billionaire heiresses in favor of warren suggests she’s not gonna do much to curb the power and wealth of billionaires

It’s not a wholly unsupported viewpoint since warren has said she’d take money from billionaires and megacorps in the general

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also none of you are upper-middle class.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

I don't like... care much? Some rich dumbass spouting bullshit on a cable news network isn't why I'd vote for Warren, and it certainly isn't why I wouldn't.

I mean, she's symptomatic of a broader problem that is a reason why you shouldn't vote for her...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Where do we set the boundary, I’m curious. 100k household income? When do you become upper class?

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nonsense posted:

Because the goal is to crater the race scientist. loving catch up!

Sir, this is a Something Awful Debate and Discussion thread.

(If your goals in this thread include actually changing anything in the real world, stop wasting your time.)

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Nonsense posted:

What even is upper middle class? 60k, 80k?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Maybe the boundary should be based upon “does Bernie think I’m too rich?”

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

necrobobsledder posted:

Maybe the boundary should be based upon “does Bernie think I’m too rich?”

I think it's pretty unquestionable that Bernie's opinion of "what's too rich" is higher than this thread's.

He seems to be a fan of this "1%" number. I know it's largely symbolic, and used because it's catchy and memorable, but it's a good starting place to suss out his views on the matter.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mellow Seas posted:

I think it's pretty unquestionable that Bernie's opinion of "what's too rich" is higher than this thread's.

He seems to be a fan of this "1%" number.

He's the compromise candidate.:shrug:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

What even is upper middle class? 60k, 80k?

I wish I made that much, but six figgy peeps make too much and Obama setting the threshold of middle class at $450,000 was ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This sound about right?