Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

I was wondering what this was about :

https://twitter.com/BernardoCSilva/status/1175749378071511040

What a dumb idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Its just a joke bro

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
What’s up with that font?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
My friends a loving idiot

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

https://twitter.com/goldbridgeworld/status/1175770434417172480?s=21

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

so is he saying this squad is a bag of coal and they should be shoved into the fire to at least provide some heat for a poor family?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/qvmyyv/understanding-mark-goldbridge-footballs-strange-new-idiot-savant

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/mark-goldbridge-youtube-twitter-man-utd-brent-di-cesare-the-united-stand

It sounds like I should watch more of this guy.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 23, 2019

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Like I said since 2 summers ago when I saw him play vs Atletico in a friendly. He feels so unorthidox for a footballer, his movements very anime, he gives me such strong Kuroko no Basket vibe for some reason. I hope he retires with us or have a long stay with us just to see him develop to full potential.

about Guendouzi

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/1176147469346005000?s=21

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The title isn't centred, definitely right thread

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

HJB posted:

The title isn't centred, definitely right thread

One Space From Glory

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://deadspin.com/the-premier-league-is-finally-as-bad-as-la-liga-1838358126

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Billy Haisley is the GOAT (WOAT?) for this thread.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

"a club like chelsea"

you mean one with a transfer ban and some (key) injuries?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Does he know City lost the week before, yeah?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

You don't need to convince me of this sort of stuff, I am on board regarding the value of xG. I also know that's a good indicator of future performances. It's one of the reasons why I think the reaction to Astana was hysterical on the caf and why I continue to keep faith in Ole. He's doing okay despite the squad that he has. So far we have outperformed each opponent in every single game this season, if I'm not mistaken. That's a good sign and I sincerely hope he gets backed in January. The last two games were very bad though, hopefully that doesn't continue.

With that being said I responded to the notion that regression to the means has to happen over the course of one season. Which is just not true. Bad finishing over the entire season is very much so a possibility.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ah yeah, that's the stuff

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Brendan Rodgers posted:

You don't need to convince me of this sort of stuff, I am on board regarding the value of xG. I also know that's a good indicator of future performances. It's one of the reasons why I think the reaction to Astana was hysterical on the caf and why I continue to keep faith in Ole. He's doing okay despite the squad that he has. So far we have outperformed each opponent in every single game this season, if I'm not mistaken. That's a good sign and I sincerely hope he gets backed in January. The last two games were very bad though, hopefully that doesn't continue.

With that being said I responded to the notion that regression to the means has to happen over the course of one season. Which is just not true. Bad finishing over the entire season is very much so a possibility.

Its not fair just to repost Shrapnig posts from the other thread

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Its not fair just to repost Der Shovel posts from the other thread

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Its not fair just to repost Shrapnig posts from the other thread

Please. I'm retarded, not autistic. I would never post seriously about advanced stats.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Please. I'm retarded, not autistic.

A distinction without a difference

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
James on the right loving shocking.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Let's take this seriously for 1 moment.

Do they think that Levy would:

A) let poch go to another top 6 team
B) let poch go without a no approach clause for any of spurs' players.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sassassin posted:

James on the right loving shocking.

I like that Rashford is so good he pushes Dybala into being a midfielder.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

It's covering the Van Gaal one which is covering the Moyes one

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Pretty cool tattoo of the captain of the Titanic.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Andy Serkis

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

vyelkin posted:

Andy Serkis

Ole Gollum Solskjaer

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

loving hell

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/03/mohamed-salah-inspired-me-become-muslim-liverpool-islam

quote:

I have gone from hating Islam to becoming a Muslim – and the Liverpool forward is the principal reason for tha

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Guardian has turned into such a poo poo publication, it’s amazing.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

The Guardian has turned into such a poo poo publication, it’s amazing.

I had to read all the way until the end to realize it wasn’t a parody

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i for one am glad that a white man is telling muslim kids that its okay to go to a football match

seriously if that oval office got paid for that self-fellating horseshit

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Pogba has been practically pleading for Real Madrid to come rescue him, and this is probably his last season in Manchester; de Gea, Maguire, and Wan-Bissaka—while all really good—all play the least essential and most easily replaceable positions on the pitch when it comes to the formation of a great team; Rashford is United’s most promising player and could definitely grow into true stardom, but he’s not a sure thing, especially when it’s still not clear what his ideal position is; Martial’s situation is similar to Rashford’s, though his ceiling is probably lower. At the most crucial, most expensive, hardest-to-find positions and roles on the pitch—having in your midfield and attacking lines creativity, scoring, possession savvy, technique, and dribbling—Man Utd can only count on one, maybe two foundational building blocks for a real contender in their current roster.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

bigsoccer posted:

Just remember that Pulisic was probably Chelsea's best player in the Super Cup against Liverpool. While he wasn't Earth shattering, he has plenty of good moments in the first 4 matches of the Premiership as well, and clearly looked like the most talented attacking midfielder available.

This isn't about his play

bigsoccer posted:

Its personal

bigsoccer posted:

Humans are not machines, we're mammals, ruled by emotions. Maybe Puli reminds Lampard of some punks who insulted him after a particularly bad game with NYC, maybe his Yank accent brings back memories of months he didn't enjoy in the USA, who knows.

Strawman fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 3, 2019

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Yesss the Jozy thread is back!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

:bisonyes:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
bigsoccer posted:

Humans are not machines, we're mammals, ruled by emotions. Maybe Puli reminds Lampard of some punks who insulted him after a particularly bad game with NYC, maybe his Yank accent brings back memories of months he didn't enjoy in the USA, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This page has been loving great lads