Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The SJ goal that called off was the correct call, but that PK reversal...woof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

The SJ goal that called off was the correct call, but that PK reversal...woof.
Like...why the gently caress did it even go to VAR? Collin literally threw his body in front and into of the attacker to prevent him from getting to the ball :iiam:

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/MLindleyMusic/status/1177083856270184448?s=20

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Keep going, I'm almost there :circlefap:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It sure was nice of San Jose and Portland to poo poo the bed so Seattle could clinch a playoff spot without doing anything.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Thank you Philadelphia. Rapids live to fight another day for a playoff spot. I still can’t believe I’m saying that.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jim Curtin better send Toledo a Thank You card for that win

Not only was that VAR's penalty reversal ridiculous but the would-be second San Jose goal that was VAR'd was some ticky-tack poo poo too.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Thanks whomever clinched the Sounders.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
LAFC have hardware; gently caress the haters.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Congrats to LAFC and their fans I'm sure it means a lot after one whole year of pretending to care about soccer in your city!

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Lol I wouldn't exactly be poo poo talking other fan bases right now if I were you buddy.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Fight fight fight!

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Can someone please remind me why we're supposed to hate LAFC other than the fact they are new and successful thanks to a stacked squad from being in a desirable location?

They win, they play good football, and their fans show up and travel in good numbers.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

porkface posted:

Can someone please remind me why we're supposed to hate LAFC other than the fact they are new and successful

hmmm

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

porkface posted:

Can someone please remind me why we're supposed to hate LAFC other than the fact they are new and successful thanks to a stacked squad from being in a desirable location?

Is that not a good enough reason? Like what is this thread about if not to cheer your team and mock and hate on others.

porkface posted:

They win, they play good football, and their fans show up and travel in good numbers.

I mean it's mostly in good fun but also it just strikes me as fundamentally silly to see that stadium fill up with rabid fans... In a city that previously held two teams.. one of them insanely successful. Like where were these sudden die hards?

Credit to Thorrington or whoever but also I will never not lol at their front office sending their fans to Bundesliga matches to "learn how it's done in Europe" the same way I will never stop to lmao at Seattle Capo guy, it's a freaking joke about MLS fans come to life.

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 27, 2019

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I hate LA and its plastic people and the soccer team just is collateral.

You dont need a further reason.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

porkface posted:

Their fans are plastics who have an MLS original team in their city and yet they just started to show up.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

porkface posted:

I call it...sports!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

porkface posted:

It's basically Chivas rebranded, but with all the fans that didn't want to watch Chivas before.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

binge crotching posted:

It's basically Chivas rebranded, but with all the fans that didn't want to watch Chivas before.

Yeah those jerk of Chivas fans who didn’t want to watch chivas suck poo poo every week. Plastics bastards. Probably don’t support united front either eh comrades?

I’m glad Bobby B found his level.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

TheTrend posted:

Yeah those jerk of Chivas fans who didn’t want to watch chivas suck poo poo every week. Plastics bastards. Probably don’t support united front either eh comrades?

I’m glad Bobby B found his level.

I have no idea what you're saying here, but I feel bad for all the MLS 3.0 teams when they start to suck and the shine wears off if it means the fans stop supporting them.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I think people here are forgetting just how insane of an organization Chivas USA was.

I mean, they had to pay off a pair of former youth coaches to avoid a lawsuit going to trial because they were almost certainly going to be found guilty in court of illegally discriminating against anyone who wasn't Hispanic.

Jorge Vergara was and is nuts

IIRC it was when the front office was discussing outreach to potential fans in Southern California and Vergara made his famous "Chinese? That's not even a language" quip.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Jersey Week.

Let’s get back to the old hate.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

I mean, they had to pay off a pair of former youth coaches to avoid a lawsuit going to trial because they were almost certainly going to be found guilty in court of illegally discriminating against anyone who wasn't Hispanic.

Not Hispanic specifically of Mexican descent. This really annoyed me and reminds me of how much it pissed me off at the time. Please note the below isn't really aimed at you specifically nor a defense of Chivas just an observation about the comments being made at the time.

It's literally the Chivas identity. The exact same football people who wax poetically about Bilbao and their commitment to their community as being noble and to be celebrated dumped on Chivas USA for trying to enact the policy that's been at the heart of the parent club for nearly a century. It was some pretty racist poo poo, if you're European and vaguely the right color it's great and good when you only employ people who represent your nation but if you're Mexican it's bad and wrong.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

In the penultimate matchday we've got all the East teams (5PM EST) then all the West teams (7:30PM EST) playing simultaneously. FS1 will be airing Red Bulls @ DC United and LAFC @ Minnesota. Here is what's at stake for each team:

code:
NYC (@NER) - Clinch #1 with W/D, PHI L/D
PHI (@CLB) - Clinch #2 with W and ATL D/L
ATL (@MTL) - Clinch #3 with L/D and PHI W
DCU (@NYR) - Clinch #4 with W and TOR L/D
NYR (vDCU) - Eliminated from 1st round home game with L
TOR (@CHI) - Eliminated from 1st round home game with L/D and DCU W
NER (vNYC) - Clinch playoffs with W, D and CHI L/D and MTL L/D, CHI L and MTL L/D and ORL L/D
CHI (vTOR) - Eliminated with L, D and NER D, NER W
MTL (vATL) - Eliminated with L/D, NER W
ORL (@CIN) - Eliminated with L/D, NEW W/D
CLB (vPHI) - Eliminated
CIN (vORL) - Eliminated

LAF (@MIN) - Clinched SS
MIN (vLAF) - Clinch 1st round home game with W or RSL L/D. Clinch #2 with W and LAG L/D and SEA L/D.
LAG (vVAN) - Clinch 1st round home game with W or RSL L/D
SEA (@SJE) - Clinch 1st round home game with W and RSL L/D, D and RSL L and POR L/D and DAL L/D
RSL (vHOU) - Clinch playoffs with W, D and DAL or SJE L, POR and SJE L/D
POR (@SKC) - Clinch playoffs with W and SJE L, W and DAL L
DAL (@COL) - Clinch playoffs with W and SJE L, W and POR L/D, D and POR L and SJE L
SJE (vSEA) - Eliminated with L and DAL W and POR W and RSL W/D
COL (vDAL) - Eliminated with L/D, SJE W and POR W/D
HOU (@RSL) - Eliminated
SKC (vPOR) - Eliminated
VAN (@LAG) - Eliminated

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I was supposed to drive 2 hours to watch today's SKC game today, but I've been pretty ill lately, so I'm lucky enough to miss it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

TwoStepBoog posted:

I was supposed to drive 2 hours to watch today's SKC game today, but I've been pretty ill lately, so I'm lucky enough to miss it.

Are you Brian Fernandez?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Probably not, because people would notice Boog being missing.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I really want DC United to win today and I think if you all search your heart's you'll know that such an outcome would be good and just.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Search my heart's what?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
last match at bridgeview, good riddance

my heart’s needs the revs to LOSE and the fire to WIN.

(new jersey losing is always a good thing)

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I also hope the fire win, bigly even

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

38 minutes into the Eastern conference games, and Cincinnati is the first to score.
Lolando

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TwoStepBoog posted:

38 minutes into the Eastern conference games, and Cincinnati is the first to score.
Lolando

Halfway through and they are the only side to score lol

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

NO ONE WANTS TO WIN

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Gressel wants to win

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1178438634648719360

trem_two fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 29, 2019

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jozy trips over his own fuckin feet in the box and still scores. What the gently caress Chicago

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
fat-rear end Jozy wants to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

T Bun B what up