Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I think the only thing the defendants wouldn't agree to is an NDA.

I'm willing to bet that Wednesday is when Vic finds out how badly he's hosed. There won't be any transcripts from this, right? I'd love to be a fly on the wall for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

mallratcal posted:

I think the only thing the defendants wouldn't agree to is an NDA.

I'm willing to bet that Wednesday is when Vic finds out how badly he's hosed. There won't be any transcripts from this, right? I'd love to be a fly on the wall for it.

Nope, no transcripts.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

not unless a certain party is as loose with mediation confidentiality as videos of their client's deposition. that was where the infamous shot of vic reenacting the hair pull was from iirc

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Covok posted:

I think y'all are maybe putting your hopes too high? The defendants probably want this case to be over. They might just be fine with them paying the legal fees and calling it a day. Unless Vic's lawyers are stu...oh yeah. I'm not even joking here, by the way. I legitimately saw people fantasizing how this can all explode and though "no, that's too silly: its going to be more mundane than that; don't get your hopes up." But, as I was typing the sentence, it dawned one me that it could go down that way easily.

If I were the defendants I probably wouldn't want to drag it out either, but there's no way I'd accept anything less than all my legal fees and a public apology.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 29, 2019

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Covok posted:

Unless Vic's lawyers are stu...oh yeah.

https://twitter.com/SailorMarsSays/status/1178123368836431873

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
I'm sure the defense lawyers are seeing the same case we are and informing their clients that mediation is favored towards them. That and Ty being dumb make me think there's not much chance this ends well for Vic

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
A successful mediation means no possiblity of appeals, right? That's the main reason I would agree to something less than a massive check if I was a defendant.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Namtab posted:

Its pretty good going given that theyve managed to set up a meeting between a minimum of 4 lawyers and 1 mediator who all live in different places and one of whom had a weeks leave

It's been said that Beard's firm is already sending two partners and an associate. (Three times the billable hours, you see.)

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Skwirl posted:

A successful mediation means no possiblity of appeals, right? That's the main reason I would agree to something less than a massive check if I was a defendant.

Yeah, the point of appealing would be to try and get out of paying fees as I understand it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, it's about the only real thing that would push the defendants to settle instead of telling Vic and the crew to gently caress off.

The biggest hurdles are probably Vic being too big a poo poo to offer even a lawyer written and vetted apology, his lawyers being too stupid to realize they're on the short end of the stick here, and both of them being too idiotic to even manage to come to a reasonable agreement.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Ignis posted:

Yeah, the point of appealing would be to try and get out of paying fees as I understand it

It's a SLAPP motion, the whole point of Vic trying to defeat a SLAPP is to get over the hurdle of proving that his case isn't complete poo poo that was only meant to cause the defendants money. Vic's team has already made it quite clear that they plan to run up lawyer fees, and they have said as much. That's, like, literally the definition of a SLAPP.

There's not really anything to appeal. The only thing they Vic could appeal is if they can find some technicality that the judge hosed up.

This case hasn't even started trial yet.
The MAGA is already planning on appealing the pre-trial motion. That's...not a good plan.

This entire thing so far is a pre-trial motion to get the entire thing thrown out of court by the defendants before it even gets started. (oh, and also collect fees for the lawyers because it never should have been filed).

The trial hasn't started yet. I know, I said that before. The trial hasn't started yet.

Most of the the things Vic has sued about are already dismissed and will not go to trial, no matter the outcome of mediation. Even if he "wins" the mediation. The other couple of charges he wants to go to trial for will either be settled in mediation or be ruled on in a few days. This thread fully expects him to be sanctioned for every charge he brought, based on texas's anti-slapp statute.

If Vic is somehow successful in the meeting with the mediator, and convinces the judge not to further rule against him, we'll go to trial about those 3'ish remaining complaints.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Out of curiosity, is any of this likely to come back on Vic in a criminal prosecution aspect of "They tried to say I touched minors and I'm suing them for that", "here is evidence and victim accounts proving he touched minors" kind of way?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I suspect the statue of limitations has run out for the ones brought up in the affidavits.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Out of curiosity, is any of this likely to come back on Vic in a criminal prosecution aspect of "They tried to say I touched minors and I'm suing them for that", "here is evidence and victim accounts proving he touched minors" kind of way?

Unlikely- as can of worms said, the statute of limitations for most of these claims of assault would have run out by this point, though with all of this behavior being on record, were Vic to be prosecuted for a future incident, it could go a long way in helping secure a guilty verdict by establishing a history of predatory behavior and using his deposition against him.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Wark Say posted:

I think he got dropped at around the time when that Shield Hero anime started airing because some guy on twitter did fanart of Vic dressed like the MC of that when it turned out Funi dropped his rear end? Like Vic is no longer working with Funi in any capacity.

Oh god, that reminds me that there was a Twitter campaign to get Vic to voice the main character of Shield Hero. Because it was a show about an innocent man who keeps getting falsely accused of rape for no reason by evil women.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gripweed posted:

Oh god, that reminds me that there was a Twitter campaign to get Vic to voice the main character of Shield Hero. Because it was a show about an innocent man who keeps getting falsely accused of rape for no reason by evil women.

The extreme irony is that the Shield hero has a harem of underage beast girl slaves. :ironicat:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Julias posted:

The extreme irony is that the Shield hero has a harem of underage beast girl slaves. :ironicat:

You think Vic's defenders have a problem with that?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Gripweed posted:

Okay, this is a tangent, but that show sounds absolutely vile. Like, holy poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Covok posted:

Okay, this is a tangent, but that show sounds absolutely vile. Like, holy poo poo.

Oh it is basically wall to wall MRA propaganda and way more repugnant as a result than Goblin Slayer could ever hope to be

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh it is basically wall to wall MRA propaganda and way more repugnant as a result than Goblin Slayer could ever hope to be

So of course it got 2 more seasons because ughhhhhh.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

It also features The Healing Power of Slavery.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Black Stones posted:

That's the Crunchyroll money

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Show and Light Novel apparently has done nothing in Japan so Shield Hero is all on Crunchyroll and western CHUD fans

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Show and Light Novel apparently has done nothing in Japan so Shield Hero is all on Crunchyroll and western CHUD fans

I was kinda wondering, and somehow I am not surprised.

The Black Stones posted:

Hahahah, gently caress :cripes:.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ljmontello/status/1178324586154221568

Look at him packing in the crowds.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I was gonna share a dumb and cute story about "destination weddings", but I'm just gonna say that I'm glad that this shitstain is bombing and I hope that, once this lawsuit business is done, he goes the gently caress away for good (I know it's unlikely, though :sigh:).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Wark Say posted:

I was gonna share a dumb and cute story about "destination weddings", but I'm just gonna say that I'm glad that this shitstain is bombing and I hope that, once this lawsuit business is done, he goes the gently caress away for good (I know it's unlikely, though :sigh:).

After the lawsuit is over I imagine there's going to be an embarrassing Kickstarter for an anime starring Vic that makes like 20% of it's goal and gets quietly canceled.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Imagine being so bad that you can’t even bring in crowds at a con in HAWAII.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Like, no fans in mainland USA are going to fly to Hawaii for an anime convention, and this is probably stereotyping, but I suspect people who live in paradise spend less time watching videos on average.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hawaii has the largest Japanese-American population of any US state, so I'd actually imagine there might be a fair bit of anime fandom.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
When I lived there the anime convention at the convention center down in waikiki was huge.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Gripweed posted:

After the lawsuit is over I imagine there's going to be an embarrassing Kickstarter for an anime starring Vic that makes like 20% of it's goal and gets quietly canceled.
quietly?

oh, no no no, they'll leverage the cancellation to run an indiegogo.

five of them.

per year.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Fish Noise posted:

quietly?

oh, no no no, they'll leverage the cancellation to run an indiegogo.

five of them.

per year.

flex funding your chud whales to own the SJWs

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Gripweed posted:

After the lawsuit is over I imagine there's going to be an embarrassing Kickstarter for an anime starring Vic that makes like 200% of it's goal and gets quietly canceled.

Fixed that for you. The money will seem to have mysteriously disappeared as well.

If there's one thing we've learned from the "war chest", vic fans have far more money than sense.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

drat new ideas for grifting

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m not ashamed to admit that at one point I actually considered inventing a fake alt-right/lite YouTube channel to make money. It’s not just the Vic fans that pour all that cash in, all of those people are willing to part with their dough if it means owning the SJWs

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I’m not ashamed to admit that at one point I actually considered inventing a fake alt-right/lite YouTube channel to make money. It’s not just the Vic fans that pour all that cash in, all of those people are willing to part with their dough if it means owning the SJWs

Don't feel so bad, I've been tempted to do this as well. Course it might be worth it to do it Colbert Report style and do it straight faced, but let slip all of the talking points.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Well... as a wise man once said, you are who you pretend to be. So be careful.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah. At some point you become an unironic propagandist. The idea is you should offer something substantial for Chud money and then fleece them by not delivering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Yeah. At some point you become an unironic propagandist. The idea is you should offer something substantial for Chud money and then fleece them by not delivering

Uhhhh if you do this dont ever let slip it's a planned scam. A black lady on Twitter had pretended to be a maga republic an who got kicked out of / disowned for being just that and was asking for donations to get new housing. When it was revealed none of it was true she had to send back the money lest they took it to court. I dont know if you're also a black woman but lord knows it takes one lovely judge to further ruin your life.