Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Elway going to trade his entire draft to ruin Minshew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kawalimus posted:

I read the ESPN headline as if Ramsey and the oentire Jacksonville Jaguars roster had been traded to Denver.

If the Jaguars and the Broncos merged, how good would the resulting team be?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the broncuars

the jaggos

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
i gently caress with the london jaggos

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Vengarr posted:

If the Jaguars and the Broncos merged, how good would the resulting team be?

i dunno how good it would be but a QB room with Joe Flacco, Drew Lock, Gardner Minshew and Nick Foles would be hilarious.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DC Murderverse posted:

i dunno how good it would be but a QB room with Joe Flacco, Drew Lock, Gardner Minshew and Nick Foles would be hilarious.

The room would drown in all the oozed machismo.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

DC Murderverse posted:

That’s like the setup for a sitcom

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Vengarr posted:

That’s like the setup for a sitcom

Flacco = Sophia
Minshew = Rose
Foles = Blanche

Almost there, will Lock make a good Dorothy?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1178040438848212994?s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How is Locks and Foles mustache game

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

He playing tomorrow?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Looks like!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

to Jackson Hole?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
What are you even doing Falcons?

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1178154789735206912?s=19

How does Dallas have so much projected cap space with all the deals they've been giving out?

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1178153970700898305?s=19

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
It's kind of mindblowing to think that Matt Ryan will never win a Super Bowl. Hes no Dan Marino, but hes put up some great seasons over the years for a really long time. Almost like Peyton Manning up until 2006.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chichevache posted:

It's kind of mindblowing to think that Matt Ryan will never win a Super Bowl. Hes no Dan Marino, but hes put up some great seasons over the years for a really long time. Almost like Peyton Manning up until 2006.

28-3 is mindblowing
He had his chance:colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

28-3 is mindblowing
He had his chance:colbert:

I wish more quarterbacks realized their head coach was a retard running them into a hole. Like, Ryan has to have at least as good of an understanding of the game as Quinn and Shanahan. Overrule those clowns and audible to a run play.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well if my weekend is anything to go by (it's been loving awful and sad from start to finish so far), the Cowboys will be exposed as frauds tomorrow as Dak Prescott explodes into chunks of flesh on the field.

If I'm wrong, however, I clearly made a deal with the devil to let the Cowboys win in exchange for my weekend. Tune in and find out what happens, folks!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

quote:

As you can imagine, NFL officials have several amusing stories about the starter’s pistol.

The officials used to carry their own pistol to each game. But, starting in 1970, federal regulators banned passengers from carrying firearms on a commercial jetliner (in response to a rash of hijackings). Beginning in 1970, the home town chain gang supplied the starter’s pistol.

The 1970 flying rules put a young line judge named Red Cashion in a pickle one preseason game. The NFL was playing a preseason game in Tampa Bay before the Buccaneers franchise existed. According to Cashion’s book, when he met the local chain gang, he asked them if they had a starter’s pistol. They did not. A police officer wanted to be helpful and offered to loan Cashion his .357 service revolver for the game. He warned Cashion to aim the gun straight up because it carried live ammunition. Cashion thanked the officer but said they would not be using a gun for the game.

The late AFL and NFL referee John McDonough once officiated a game with president Richard Nixon in attendance. McDonough’s line judge that day was Tommy Miller. During a TV timeout McDonough asked Miller to look up at the president. Both noted that the Secret Service agents guarding the president looked alert and intense. McDonough chided Miller that he’d better not shoot his gun in the air or the Secret Service would shoot him. While mostly a joke, Miller took the chiding seriously. McDonough wrote in his book that at the end of the quarter, Miller turned his back on the president, pointed the gun at the ground and fired.

Gene Barth told Referee Magazine that when he was a line judge, the auxiliary down box man handed him the pistol toward the end of a quarter. Barth put the gun in his back pocket. When the quarter ended he reached into his back pocket to pull out the gun and the firearm went off. He said the mishap flash burned his posterior.

Before making his mark as an umpire, Jim Quirk, Sr., was a line judge. He told a story about using the gun to dissuade an argumentative defensive coordinator named Bill Belichick. According to the book, The Third Team, Quirk made a controversial call against the New York Giants. Belichick started jogging down to Quirk’s position to deliver a final salvo as time expired. Quirk saw him coming, took out his starter’s pistol, extended it toward Belichick and fired. Quirk “apologized” to the nearly deaf coach for not seeing him standing there.

Win or lose, George Halas always enjoyed working (or tormenting) the officials during a game. Norm Schachter recounts in his book that back in the 1960s, Stan Javie felt Halas’ wrath in the first half. As time wound down to end the half, everyone started jogging off the field. As Halas was jogging off the field, Javie ran up behind him, and scared an unsuspecting Halas to death when he fired the pistol to officially end the first half. The officiating crew had a good halftime laugh in the locker room.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2019/09/nfl100-why-did-officials-use-a-pistol-to-signal-the-end-of-the-quarter/

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And that ref only managed to kill Belichick's sense of mercy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Brandon Lee died but Belichick lived. This cruel cruel world.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

wandler20 posted:

How does Dallas have so much projected cap space with all the deals they've been giving out?

Dak and Cooper will eat up most of the rest. Half the rest of the roster are FAs next year as well

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Well if my weekend is anything to go by (it's been loving awful and sad from start to finish so far), the Cowboys will be exposed as frauds tomorrow as Dak Prescott explodes into chunks of flesh on the field.

If I'm wrong, however, I clearly made a deal with the devil to let the Cowboys win in exchange for my weekend. Tune in and find out what happens, folks!

No no, your feelings are right, the fraud Cowboys will turn to ashes in your mouth tomorrow. You should become the fan of a good team like the Philadelphia Eagles!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ELO Musk posted:

No no, your feelings are right, the fraud Cowboys will turn to ashes in your mouth tomorrow. You should become the fan of a good team like the Philadelphia Eagles!

I would rather not!

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Shinjobi posted:

I would rather not!

:hai:

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
are we sure Nick Boyle and Jack Doyle are two different people

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

A girl I briefly dated months ago invited me to the ballet this evening so instead of watching the saints humble the cowboys I will watch a different kind of dancing.

I dunno why I said yes.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

A girl I briefly dated months ago invited me to the ballet this evening so instead of watching the saints humble the cowboys I will watch a different kind of dancing.

I dunno why I said yes.

Every guy on here knows why you said yes. Hell, she probably knows why you said yes and thinks it’s hilarious.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the ballet rules

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

latinotwink1997 posted:

Every guy on here knows why you said yes. Hell, she probably knows why you said yes and thinks it’s hilarious.

Is the answer because he thinks he might have sex with her?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I sang in an opera chorus as a kid. The chainsmoking Russian ballerinas were very mean.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I’m missing half the cowboys game tonight for a flag football game.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1178332818985799680?s=20

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

You're still going to the ballet with a girl you "briefly dated months ago"? That seems awkward af

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cool, we're already at the mutant outbreak stage of the future. Cool

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1178328192085643265?s=20

Washington going to lose again

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I sang in an opera chorus as a kid. The chainsmoking Russian ballerinas were very mean.

Well yeah, they're hungry.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
seems like a curse

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1178264647524159488

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

R.D. Mangles posted:

the ballet rules

Co-sign

My partner dances in a Civic company with her brother and sister and they all loving rule. All TFF goons should dream to be as fit and strong as a ballet dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Got to love the balls it takes to schedule this during a Pats game expecting it won't be a total rout that sours the crowd come halftime.