Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I forgot that they get a FNP.

gently caress Tau.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Tau are cool and good.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Deleter posted:

Kroot are cool and good.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Custom base begun. He is such an anime gently caress he perches on lampposts.

(It's about 4mm taller than it'd be if I were using that bunker corner.)

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The red markings on the totally not Space Marines on the Bolt Thrower Realm of Chaos vinyl re-release cover art would be pretty fuckin cool as some extra decoration on Fists:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Stephenls posted:

It looks like the lamppost comes up to his chest of he was on the ground. Perhaps it's an oversized reading lamp.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm getting back into 40k after 10 years and I decided to pick up the Start Collecting Skitarii box.

I shouldn't have fully assembled these troops ughhhh

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Potential BFF posted:

The red markings on the totally not Space Marines on the Bolt Thrower Realm of Chaos vinyl re-release cover art would be pretty fuckin cool as some extra decoration on Fists:

That art is about 500% cooler than anything recent from GW

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Sharkopath posted:

Its maddening that they function the exact same way in killteam too. Tau already got enough advantages on melee armies with for the greater good.

Im pretty sure the optimal tau killteam is just all the heavy weapons and then an army of drones.

It 100% is, with the added frustration that dealing a wound to a gun drone won't necessarily actually get rid of it either.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Two Beans posted:

It looks like the lamppost comes up to his chest of he was on the ground. Perhaps it's an oversized reading lamp.

There'll be rubble and poo poo around the base by the time I'm done, make it look like it's collapsed.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Stephenls posted:

Get it..
Bird

He's perched...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Potential BFF posted:

I wonder if they asked GW what it would cost to use the rogue trader stuff again or if they didn't bother. The new art is rad either way.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I really want to see what the imperial fists stuff looks like. I like my tanks and bolters, so I'm kind of keen to potentially run as fists if I don't feel like having a sneaky RG time.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

So... PSA, to anyone considering customizing the Shrike model: Putting the ankle-claws in forward position actually looks kinda silly. Don't do it.

(Slumped dead CSA is gonna be a Word Bearer, the separate pauldron will be done as Alpha Legion, that's a Night Lords helmet in the back, and I'd hoped to put a bolter on with hazard stripes but couldn't figure out how to do it without making the base composition look cluttered so I'll just add a torn wire and paint hazard stripes on that. Something something symbolic vengeance for Istvaan V. Or possibly Isstvan V.)

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Sep 29, 2019

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It is. I'm just tired of seeing it.

Yeah there shouldn’t be any unique rules to differentiate armies.

e: That shrike conversion is dope, love the basing, nice to see time and effort put into HQs.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 29, 2019

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

Its maddening that they function the exact same way in killteam too. Tau already got enough advantages on melee armies with for the greater good.

Im pretty sure the optimal tau killteam is just all the heavy weapons and then an army of drones.

They're even better in Kill Team actually, partly because of Flesh Wounds, and partly because they slotted Savior Protocols in AFTER the armor save, damage roll and FNP, which means the following can happen.

quote:

Example - A Grey Knight Gunner shoots a Tau Fire Warrior with a Psilencer (6 shots, S4, AP-0, D3 Damage). There are 2 Drones within 3 inches of the Fire Warrior. Drone A is a Shield Drone (ignores wounds on a 5+), Drone B is a Gun Drone. The Grey Knight manages to hit and wound with all 6 attacks, and the Tau player fails all six saves, leaving them with 6 attacks to deal with. The Grey Knight has to roll damage one dice at a time, allowing the Tau player to react accordingly. The result of the damage roll is in parentheses next to the attack.

Attack 1 (3) - The Tau player passes these wounds onto Drone 1, the Drone suffers a single mortal wound. The Tau player rolls a dice to ignore the mortal wound on a 5+, it succeeds, meaning the Drone suffers no damage.
Attack 2 (3) - The Tau player passes these wounds onto Drone 1, the Drone suffers a single mortal wound, the Tau player fails the ignore damage roll and thus has to make an Injury roll (single dice). They get a 3, meaning the Drone suffers a flesh wound.
Attack 3 (2) - The Tau player passes these wounds onto Drone 2, the Drone suffers a mortal wound and the Tau player makes an Injury Roll (single dice). They roll a 1, meaning this Drone also suffers a Flesh wound.
Attack 4 (3) - The Tau player passes these wounds onto Drone 1, the Drone suffers another mortal wound, the Tau player fails the ignore wound roll and has to make an Injury Roll (single dice). They get another 3, but due to the Flesh wound modifier, the Drone is now out of action.
Attack 5 (1) - The Tau player decides to take this wound on the Fire Warrior, reducing them to 0 wounds. The Grey Knight player then makes an Injury Roll, rolling a 2. The Fire Warrior suffers a single flesh wound.

Since the original target has been reduced to 0 wounds, Attack 6 is not resolved.

From: https://www.goonhammer.com/everything-you-need-to-know-but-didnt-want-to-know-about-injury-rolls-ever/

Also, Drones can block the following stuff in Kill Team:

- Falling off a building.
- Your own Cyclic Ion Blaster overheating.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Chucat posted:

They're even better in Kill Team actually, partly because of Flesh Wounds, and partly because they slotted Savior Protocols in AFTER the armor save, damage roll and FNP, which means the following can happen.

From: https://www.goonhammer.com/everything-you-need-to-know-but-didnt-want-to-know-about-injury-rolls-ever/

Also, Drones can block the following stuff in Kill Team:

- Falling off a building.
- Your own Cyclic Ion Blaster overheating.

Thats still better than what my group was playing with where if you had 6 3 damage attacks a single recon drone could intercept it all and take only 1 wound.

Time to rectify the situation. :twisted:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I got probated for posting something on a warhammer 40k facebook group. Is it me or are 40k nerds WAY more sensitive than the average trans discord group?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/29/the-holidays-are-just-around-the-cornergw-homepage-post-4/

Time to prepare for Christmas together with the Red Gobbo.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

I got probated for posting something on a warhammer 40k facebook group. Is it me or are 40k nerds WAY more sensitive than the average trans discord group?

Wow you should totally post it here.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

BigRed0427 posted:

Someone here made a facebook groups because the rest of them are full of whiny babies, someone's probably got a link.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

BigRed0427 posted:

yeah that poo poo aint welcome here either

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

BigRed0427 posted:

are 40k nerds WAY more sensitive
If either the old Death Threads or the Fascism in Trad Gaming thread are anything to go by, the answer is unequivocally "yes."

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wait, Chucat: I thought mortal wounds weren't able to be saved by anything except special tactics like armor of contempt, so wouldn't the shield drones in the example just be taking injury rolls?

Tau have stim injector but you aren't allowed to use it on drones.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 29, 2019

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Ilor posted:

If either the old Death Threads or the Fascism in Trad Gaming thread are anything to go by, the answer is unequivocally "yes."

i agree that we should allow more casual transphobia in our community, it can only be a good thing because...

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Sharkopath posted:

Wait, Chucat: I thought mortal wounds weren't able to be saved by anything except special tactics, so wouldn't the shield drones in the example just be taking injury rolls?

Feel no pain rolls aren't a save against a mortal wound, they're a roll to not lose the wound to the damage that the mortal wound resolved into.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Strobe posted:

Feel no pain rolls aren't a save against a mortal wound, they're a roll to not lose the wound to the damage that the mortal wound resolved into.

Ah, its errata rules, in the printed book its just called a 4+ invuln and they added that it works on any lost wound in errata.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BigRed0427 posted:

Why are you hanging out in trans discord group?

If you are trans than you should probably be more sensitive to your own communities issues.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

BigRed0427 posted:

Ill bite what was it?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

For feel no pains if you lose multiple wounds on an single attack that does multiple damage, ie 2 wounds to a 3 damage attack: you roll feel no pain twice, right? If they both succeed does the 3rd damage point matter? Or do you just roll 3 feel no pains?

Asking wierd edge questions that haven't come up yet but matter in order of operations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

For feel no pains if you lose multiple wounds on an single attack that does multiple damage, ie 2 wounds to a 3 damage attack: you roll feel no pain twice, right? If they both succeed does the 3rd damage point matter? Or do you just roll 3 feel no pains?

Asking wierd edge questions that haven't come up yet but matter in order of operations.

Like if the model has 2 wounds? You still have to roll all 3. If you succeed on 2 fnp checks but fail the third you still take 1 damage. It's why D2 weapons are popular against Death Guard

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

RagnarokAngel posted:

Ill bite what was it?

Yeah give more background please, it's kinda hard to tell whether you're saying "I posted something transphobic in a Warhammer 40k group and the sensitive guys booted me" or "I said Dark Angels were bad in a Warhammer 40k group and got called a bigot; I'm a trans person who lives in trans Discords and they're extremely calm by comparison".

Either way: please be nice to trans people, and yes, hardcore 40k guys are extremely weird.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

Like if the model has 2 wounds? You still have to roll all 3. If you succeed on 2 fnp checks but fail the third you still take 1 damage. It's why D2 weapons are popular against Death Guard

I was thinking two wound models yeah, thanks a bunch.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If it got you banned somewhere else, I suggest that you do not post it here.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If it got you banned somewhere else, I suggest that you do not post it here.

That person is a goon with a Steven Universe avatar who posts in the trans megathread, I doubt they got kicked out of a Warhammer Facebook group for being transphobic

I get why people get that impression from the post but I think it's just peculiarly worded

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

That person is a goon with a Steven Universe avatar who posts in the trans megathread, I doubt they got kicked out of a Warhammer Facebook group for being transphobic

I get why people get that impression from the post but I think it's just peculiarly worded

Thanks. I appreciate the context.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Yeah I didnt read the post as being transphobic or implying the content was at all its just so completely lacking in context I wanted elaboration.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Works for me. I just don't want anyone to get the impression that this place is tolerant of transphobic content. This community has done a lot to make this a welcoming place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Anytime someone goes "i was banned from <x> why are people so sensitive" without actually saying why they were banned its hella suspicious. So

Beer4TheBeerGod posted: