Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Has anyone suggested Lou Ferrigno, because at this point why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Man this thing is almost definitely gonna be a hot mess but I'll be grinning ear to ear the whole time

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Has anyone suggested Lou Ferrigno, because at this point why not?

He can play Loose Cannon!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder if they reached out to anyone from Got Ham. Have Ben McKenzie and Donal Logue show up as Gordon and Bullock respectively.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

I'm guessing Conroy will either be KC Batman or a version of Beyond Bruce, complete with cane. There's also some talk about Carter playing Wonder Woman as well? That'd be a big coup because she's the one of the Trinity it seems like there's been the least winks toward.

Besides appearing as the president in supergirl and I am positive they mentioned paradise island

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

bobkatt013 posted:

Besides appearing as the president in supergirl and I am positive they mentioned paradise island

In Legends Helen of Troy was sent to Paradise Island for safety, and came back in the season finale as a kickass Amazon.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1177689309907968000

gonna be interesting to see how much/little of the stuff Loeb alluded to in this interview from just last month (the other "Adventure into Fear" shows for Hulu, further street-level series, projects for Disney+, the female-focused project in development at ABC) actually comes to fruition

Well, at least they went out on a high note with Cloak & Dagger. Also Runaways was/is...also a TV show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If i had my way, i'd shutter Marvel TV, and ban Loeb from doing anything else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He was the driving force behind Agents of Shield.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

This is a positive? That show should have been called wasted potential.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll fight you.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

I feel like their success is in spite of him, not because.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Possibly but there's been chatter that he fought for renewal each year, the vast all love him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Agents of Shield is legit good, it got off to a rocky start because it had to tie in the movies but once they decided to say gently caress it we're our own thing it got real good.

Kind of like how Legends said "We're a serious drama!" for it's first season and a half and then said "Okay we're a terrible show" and became the best comic show

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

And don’t people like Cloak and Dagger?

I don’t even know exactly what he does Marvel TV, but I wouldn’t be opposed to him writing comics again after his Nova series.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

If i had my way, i'd shutter Marvel TV, and ban Loeb from doing anything else.
Only if you let them continue Cloak & Dagger with the same cast & crew over at Marvel Studios. :colbert:

Open Marriage Night posted:

And don’t people like Cloak and Dagger?

I don’t even know exactly what he does Marvel TV, but I wouldn’t be opposed to him writing comics again after his Nova series.
I like it, I don't know about anyone else.(Edit: but seriously, if you guys have the opportunity check it out).

Hopefully if the show doesn't get a third series (I mean, I think the showrunner's said there was originally a 5-series plan) they can get brought over into the Disney+ series or maybe even the movies. They deserve better than having their last appearances in the MCU as guest stars on Runaways, dammit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cloak and Dagger is a good show with an amazing soundtrack.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Agents of Shield did get really good. It showed us why that potential Ghost Rider series could have been really cool.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dawgstar posted:

Agents of Shield did get really good. It showed us why that potential Ghost Rider series could have been really cool.

Didn't Ghost Rider have to return to his home planet because of budget reasons?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Hulu announced a standalone Ghost Rider series earlier in the year but unfortunately they decided not to go through with it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

His pod was done, the next pod was the framework which was amazing. Love the doctor.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Lurdiak posted:

For unspecified reasons but I've read that it was disagreements on the treatment of the character? Anyway, yes. Which is fascinating because it leaves a Daimon Hellstrom show still supposedly in development at Hulu.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/BitsieTulloch/status/1178734896744927239?s=20

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I swear to god that dude is still not gonna put on the suit is he?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way he doesn't put a suit on, we've been waiting 10 years for this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wow, either there's perspective at play or Tom Welling is built like I am. I don't often see folks that wide.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

There's no way he doesn't put a suit on, we've been waiting 10 years for this.

We waited 10 years the first time and didn't get it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

We waited 10 years the first time and didn't get it!

He was a huge rear end in a top hat back then and freely admits it!

Also there's no way Routh is the bad guy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bruceski posted:

Wow, either there's perspective at play or Tom Welling is built like I am. I don't often see folks that wide.

He was pretty beefy on Lucifer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dude is pretty much a Wayne Boring physique brought to life.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd guess Routh plays the role Earth 2 Supes played in the comic, Welling is basically Superboy Prime and Tiny Clark is regular Superman. Assuming the event plays out remotely similar to the original story.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

I'd guess Routh plays the role Earth 2 Supes played in the comic, Welling is basically Superboy Prime and Tiny Clark is regular Superman. Assuming the event plays out remotely similar to the original story.

You are think infinite crisis not crisis on infinite earths

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm pretty sure this will be a mostly original story that takes inspiration from the comic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

You are think infinite crisis not crisis on infinite earths

Kal-L and Superboy Prime are both in CoIE too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/1178902030359961600?s=19

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Do you think he'll get blown up because he wouldn't let Superman lazer his arm off?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Warner has ordered a pilot for a DMZ series for HBO Max. The odd thing about the article is that it looks like they're changing the focus of the story because this is how they describe it:

quote:

In the near future, America is embroiled in a bitter civil war, leaving Manhattan a demilitarized zone (DMZ), destroyed and isolated from the rest of the world. Leaping off the pages of the popular DC comic, [Showrunner Roberto Patino's] DMZ chronicles the harrowing journey of a fierce female medic who saves lives while desperately searching for her lost son. But as she contends with the gangs, militias, demagogues and warlords that control this lawless no man’s land, she becomes the unlikely source of what everyone here has lost…hope.

Which makes it sound like they're cutting the original male lead of neophyte reporter Matty Roth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Warner has ordered a pilot for a DMZ series for HBO Max. The odd thing about the article is that it looks like they're changing the focus of the story because this is how they describe it:

Which makes it sound like they're cutting the original male lead of neophyte reporter Matty Roth.

I hope they make the lead a woman!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I hope they make the lead a woman!

That's literally what the pitch says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I dont read links.

Routh posted a pic on Instagram with himself and Tiny Clark in costume.