Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

GotLag posted:

most of it is just capitalism, though

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
If telling yourself that poverty is the fault of the poor is what it takes to make you happy, go for it I guess

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

you're the one who brought this weird ideological bullshit into this dude i was just stating something i saw a lot of when i worked in soup kitchens and homeless shelters

but don't let that get in the way of placing your soapbox i guess

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I do wish we could make something for him that's a bit sturdier than a tent, esp with winter in mind.

IRL I'd respect the guy's right, but it straight ain't healthy for a guy to live like that in that environment.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
listen the cloak of leaves indicates that he's doing this as part of a millenia-old tradition of Wild Men who live in the woods wearing nothing but leaves and their own floppy dongs so that they can teach any passersby important lessons about chivalry. his tent's probably over a cave he can retreat into for an earth-insulated space, in a highly metaphorical descent under the hill

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Coolguye posted:

you're the one who brought this weird ideological bullshit into this dude i was just stating something i saw a lot of when i worked in soup kitchens and homeless shelters

And I was just saying that while some of it is what you said, most of it is economic forces beyond individual control.

I'm sure none of this is helped by a city-slicker farmer turning up and destroying the local economy to such an extent that even the big box chain store closes down.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
oh my god both of you play chess or shut up

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

WarpedNaba posted:

I do wish we could make something for him that's a bit sturdier than a tent, esp with winter in mind.

Or hunt down the kids that throw rocks at his tent and sacrifice them to Yoba

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
if i were homeless i would simply follow the rules of society

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

somepartsareme posted:

if i were homeless i would simply follow the rules of society

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagrancy_Act_1824 oh no

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
There's still a loophole: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Act_1961

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

sorry to 1824 people but im different

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

oh my loving god it's game about farming people not mental gymntastics

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I for one think it’s bullshit that your farmer cant join the DSA and place a rose on their Twitter profile ingame

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
You can’t even follow the mayor around and throw milkshakes on him

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you can steal his shorts from the scene of his adultery and proudly display them to the town, though

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I do like how the main plot of the game is like an 80's kids movie directed by Hayao Miyazaki

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Most here dislikes Pierre, but he punches a Walmart manager so he's cool in my book

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

World Famous W posted:

Most here dislikes Pierre, but he punches a Walmart manager so he's cool in my book

Yeah but it's out of jealousy, not moral outrage

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Coolguye posted:

*makes weird post about homelessness being largely a choice in the farming game thread, then gets called out* omg this is just a farming game people calm down

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah but it's out of jealousy, not moral outrage

JojaMart is destroying Pierre's and his family's livelihood. I wouldn't just chalk his anger at Morris up to "jealousy."

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Iirc Morris straight up says hes going to do a stupidly low sale to run Pierre out right before getting decked

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

World Famous W posted:

Iirc Morris straight up says hes going to do a stupidly low sale to run Pierre out right before getting decked

I mean, Morris straight walks into Pierre's shop and starts offering coupons for his own store at the beginning of the game. Morris was hellbent on driving competition out of town.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Coolguye posted:

GotLag posted:

And I was just saying that while some of it is what you said, most of it is economic forces beyond individual control.

I'm sure none of this is helped by a city-slicker farmer turning up and destroying the local economy to such an extent that even the big box chain store closes down.

I like to grow strawberries and pet my animals.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I like to grow strawberries and pet my animals.
Also, void chickens: inarguably the best.

I just got a giant fruit for the first time. So cool!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I had a meteor land right outside my house so I'm making a decorative walking path around it!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I enjoy naming the void chickens after HP Lovecraft elder gods

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The name randomizer gave me a pig named Fack

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I had a meteor land right outside my house so I'm making a decorative walking path around it!

Same! I had a meteor land in the perfect place to serve as a lovely decoration.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I wish there were void versions of the other animals.

Another thing I like: The little baby dinosaurs you can get, that's a nice touch.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

thrilla in vanilla posted:

The randomizer named my baby Trash.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
The randomizer hosed my wife

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I just got the witch on my current save! So excited. Void chickens here we come.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I had a void chicken and a dinosaur on my current save. I sold those deadbeats and bought a duck

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Coolguye posted:

What are you planting to farm people? Or is this why you install a polygamy mod?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I ain't seen no poo poo like this
This pig can twist like a drat contortionist.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

InediblePenguin posted:

listen the cloak of leaves indicates that he's doing this as part of a millenia-old tradition of Wild Men who live in the woods wearing nothing but leaves and their own floppy dongs so that they can teach any passersby important lessons about chivalry. his tent's probably over a cave he can retreat into for an earth-insulated space, in a highly metaphorical descent under the hill
Did the ancient Wild Men keep gold bars on their shelves?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you can steal his shorts from the scene of his adultery and proudly display them to the town, though

They're both single so it's okay.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in my headcanon he is married to the shorts

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Yeah the shorts thing is pretty odd as the people of the town don't seem like the types who would care if two unmarried people were hooking up. Even if one was the mayor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I like to think it's just Lewis making poo poo up and everyone knows (and doesn't care).

That or something about he's the only one picking up the goods Marnies farm is producing and doesn't want to seem like he's doing shady business? Even though it's still a one horse town.