Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Select NILES
Start GETTING READY FOR VALENTINES DATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Yesterday morning the last episode was shown (yawn) and this morning it's back to episode 1 again, bring on the good stuff.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

supernatural blonde posted:

Yesterday morning the last episode was shown (yawn) and this morning it's back to episode 1 again, bring on the good stuff.

Notice how mean Daphne is to Niles closer to the start, she just gave him floor chicken in the one I'm watching

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Inspector Hound posted:

Notice how mean Daphne is to Niles closer to the start, she just gave him floor chicken in the one I'm watching

To be fair, he was being a bitch.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

codo27 posted:

Shut the gently caress up. There really was a game? I googled it earlier but didn't see anything that looked real

The SNES version is super hard to find, but I think it was retooled and released in Europe as the Father Ted video game. There may have been some level design changes too. Maybe a Eurogoon can let us know for sure.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Was it even released in Europe? I read that the cost for licensing was nothing but the interest there was like nil.

Bummed that the pitch for Fureisuru Densetsu (Or, Legend of Dapper Voiceman) never made it to HAL. A loosely Fraiser based Dating Sim/Slice of Lifelike using thr Tokimek engine would have been fun.

Iirc they developed Kirby SNES instead and, well, we know the nod to it is in the series as that layabout stoner kid fronthe last season.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I just watched A Tsar Is Born and I'd forgotten how funny it was when the three Crane boys all discovered they had something in common.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

There were maybe a handful of cartridges produced of the Euro version, but I've never found a decent ROM. I hear rumors the localisation was amazing because they just ended up using a lot of stuff that was cut in the American release.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

There were maybe a handful of cartridges produced of the Euro version, but I've never found a decent ROM. I hear rumors the localisation was amazing because they just ended up using a lot of stuff that was cut in the American release.

Eh, sort of. They only released a French version for all regions. The Parisians loved it though. It actually outsold Mario and Pokemon combined in Ile-de-France

dangerstepp
Apr 8, 2019

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Eh, sort of. They only released a French version for all regions. The Parisians loved it though. It actually outsold Mario and Pokemon combined in Ile-de-France

Roz: Oh, would you just relax already? It's just the ratings board.

Frasier: No, Roz, you don't understand! The heavy gavel of judgement hangs but by a thread over my videogame. I've been unable to sleep all week for fear of receiving a *gasp* PEGI18!

Bulldog: Ha! No worries, Doc! I once had a chick named Peggy and I don't even think she was old enough to drive much less 18! *BARK*

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

I can't imagine what it must have been like to play the PC version pre-google. It has a Sierra Adventures style copy protection where when you boot it up they ask you a bunch of questions on French Wine before you can play. The answers aren't in the instruction booklet though. They just didn't want people who didn't know about wine playing their game.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It ran on a preset pattern though. The first answer was always the '84 Chateau Margaux and the second answer was which ever option was a Napa Valley red.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I think there was a minor kerfuffle over the Canadian version and whether it would contain the Parisian French translation or Quebequois. The referendum was in '95 so francophone relations were... delicate around then.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Oh my god, all the thread talk made me a start a new playthrough and I forgot how impossible the dinner party levels are. Is there even a way to beat the 3rd one? Every time I get close to getting a good enough score to make Niles head of the condo board something catches on fire or Frasier or Martin accidentally reveal a humiliating secret to Maris' squash coach. Ugh. I wish 90s designers knew the difference beteeen challenge and difficulty.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You have to sabotage one chicken breast in the prep stage. It's an initial point drop but you can feed it to Eddie during the actual party and he'll give you two Adorable Distractions and if you can strategically use those, you're golden.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
My uncle who works at Nintendo told me that there's a 'nude Niles' cheat code.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

My uncle who works at Nintendo told me that there's a Island Niles cheat code.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
The Amiga version was a platformer though. Weirdly, Frasier's apartment was the largest level. Every time you thought you saw all rooms there would be a new one just around the corner.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Wasn't there a port that added Maris as an NPC?

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Darthemed posted:

Wasn't there a port that added Maris as an NPC?

Pretty sure the Maris rumours were just playground BS. Nintendo Power ran an April Fool's Day article about how to find her, but the sprite they showed was clearly just a palette-swapped Lilith.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

This is basically on goldmine trajectory at this point

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Speaking of rumours the sequel is a real game... sort of. There are a few copies floating around but if you pop in the cart you'll realize that it's just Will & Grace with the sprites edited. That game was notoriously hard so good luck getting past the double-date levels (seriously unless you have a Game Genie kicking around and find a code that works but also doesn't crash the game there's no way you can get your connoisseur rating up high enough to even make "white wine with ice cubes" a possible selection for Karen/Roz.)

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i like the bonus stage where you play as eddie, sneaking out of the apartment to sire puppies :kiddo:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
At least we got Frasier in Smash Bros.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ghost Leviathan posted:

At least we got Frasier in Smash Bros.
I like that Cheers Frais was a skin. But we probably won't get the Niles Echo Fighter for the Switch

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goons running this joke into the ground like it's the Moon family.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I still don't get the purpose of the Martin's Cane item in Smash. Sometimes it does nothing, other times it feels almost essential to win the match.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

sassassin posted:

Goons running this joke into the ground like it's the Moon family.
I'll remind you that I once quoted a joke... now THREE DAYS DEAD

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

A Frasier JRPG dating simulator would be pretty good, actually

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Long Live the Queen but Fraiser

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Speaking of rumours the sequel is a real game... sort of. There are a few copies floating around but if you pop in the cart you'll realize that it's just Will & Grace with the sprites edited. That game was notoriously hard so good luck getting past the double-date levels (seriously unless you have a Game Genie kicking around and find a code that works but also doesn't crash the game there's no way you can get your connoisseur rating up high enough to even make "white wine with ice cubes" a possible selection for Karen/Roz.)

The thing is that it began life as Frasier 2, but got reedited as Will & Grace since the license lapsed.

In Japan it was released Chateau Chateau Panic.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

I'll remind you that I once quoted a joke... now THREE DAYS DEAD

Oh....yeah, sorry FilthyImp...

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This is maybe the least funny thing I've ever seen on these forums (I know, turn on yupr moniter!!)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Digging this thread up to say I was in a rotten, awful mood, and I put in Frasier and was laughing in like two minutes.

"Spare me, you ludicrous popinjay" lmao

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Too bad they didn't do more Halloween episodes other than the three. Those were some great episodes.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Too bad they didn't do more Halloween episodes other than the three. Those were some great episodes.

Halloween episodes of any show > Christmas episodes of any show

E I thought I remembered hating Sherry, but I'm a few episodes into her arc now and she's loving delightful, Three Dates and a Breakup (episode 4:20 :2bong:) is what made me actively love her

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 4, 2019

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Inspector Hound posted:

Halloween episodes of any show > Christmas episodes of any show

E I thought I remembered hating Sherry, but I'm a few episodes into her arc now and she's loving delightful, Three Dates and a Breakup (episode 4:20 :2bong:) is what made me actively love her

i love sherry more on each rewatch

she's a genuinely warm and bubbly person and dammit fras, banjo is cool

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Unless you're Kermit the Frog you should not be playing the banjo indoors.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Was there a Frasier and Niles get stoned/trip on acid episode or am I just making up something I want to exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Niles gets it on him to try edibles and thinks he has and puts on this big show laughing at everything while in reality its Martin that has eaten it by mistake