Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Will someone please ask these people why they're more offended by the word gently caress than fascists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Unbelievable.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

WHO GIVES A gently caress WHAT DAY IT IS MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU THINK THE IMPRISONED REFUGEES KNOW WHAT loving DAY IT IS YOU PIECE OF poo poo

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Kerning Chameleon posted:

If you're not miserable at all times due to politics? If you ever try to relieve that pain with fantasy or some other kind of painkiller? Then I consider you part of the loving problem.

Comedy distracts and redirects your anger. Don't fall into that trap.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hypocritical post imo.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I feel like DeNiro would knock Trump down and kick him repeatedly, Goodfellas-style, if he could get away with it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

VitalSigns posted:

Not that I think SNL has the power to sway elections, but it's funny to remember that they did everything they could to help him, from letting him host while slobbering all over him to portraying Hillary as a uniquely dangerous psychotic supervillain.

Also, people should keep it in the back of their mind that while it is the least important thing in the world, if Trump was thrown out of office tomorrow, despite their "feud" SNL would beg Trump to host again and he would gleefully accept.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Nihilarian posted:

i hadnt heard that

You should go listen to the Behind the Bastards podcast episodes about him. Manafort is easily one of the worst people of the 21st century so far. The poo poo he got caught for is just the tippy top of a massive poo poo iceberg.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
A well meaning older coworker of mine who constantly posts liberal memes on Facebook just posted one that said "if you base your politics off of a crying 16 year old, you're probably pretty stupid". I can't imagine what on earth she thought it referred to, because it's pretty clearly a lovely Republican meme about Greta Thunberg.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

1glitch0 posted:

Also, people should keep it in the back of their mind that while it is the least important thing in the world, if Trump was thrown out of office tomorrow, despite their "feud" SNL would beg Trump to host again and he would gleefully accept.

I really do not think this is true. He hosted in 2015 when he was considered a joke, and EVERYONE was acting like he was a complete and total joke. (which is he, now he's just a complete and total joke who won a presidential election)

The fact that we all "knew" he couldn't win made tons of people treat his announcement as fun and whimsical, and that didn't change until the New York primary, where it became clear "Oh poo poo, he's actually going to be the candidate"

Bush has rehabilitated himself way, way more than Trump ever will, and Bush isn't hosting SNL.

Now, Hillary Clinton hosting in the future? Yeah, that's possible.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Slugworth posted:

A well meaning older coworker of mine who constantly posts liberal memes on Facebook just posted one that said "if you base your politics off of a crying 16 year old, you're probably pretty stupid". I can't imagine what on earth she thought it referred to, because it's pretty clearly a lovely Republican meme about Greta Thunberg.

She was talking about Ben Shapiro

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

She was talking about Ben Shapiro

Saving that one for later.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Slugworth posted:

I love how the framing on the right is always that liberals/leftists just sit around waiting to be given marching orders by Hollywood celebrities and documentarians and Twitter influencers. Like nobody thought climate change was important until Greta Thunberg came along and suddenly everyone thought it was trendy to protest

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Svaha posted:

You should go listen to the Behind the Bastards podcast episodes about him. Manafort is easily one of the worst people of the 21st century so far. The poo poo he got caught for is just the tippy top of a massive poo poo iceberg.

But apart from all that, he lived an otherwise blameless life.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

eke out posted:

they already know who it is or already have a really good idea in the white house

there are only so many people with subject-matter expertise about Ukraine at the CIA who are detailed to the NSC at any given time

the reason to testify is to find out anything else this person might know, and get names of everyone else involved that they need to also depose/subpoena on the record. the person's identity coming out is frankly inevitable

trump is going to paint the whistle blower as a unrepentant radical democrat just to make the chuds think the whistle blower is as partisan as they are. Do you remember how he called mueller an angry democrat with twelve angry democrats? I dont think trump realized how bad it could have been for him.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Data Graham posted:

I love how the framing on the right is always that liberals/leftists just sit around waiting to be given marching orders by Hollywood celebrities and documentarians and Twitter influencers. Like nobody thought climate change was important until Greta Thunberg came along and suddenly everyone thought it was trendy to protest

It is literally ALL projection.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

I really do not think this is true. He hosted in 2015 when he was considered a joke, and EVERYONE was acting like he was a complete and total joke. (which is he, now he's just a complete and total joke who won a presidential election)

The fact that we all "knew" he couldn't win made tons of people treat his announcement as fun and whimsical, and that didn't change until the New York primary, where it became clear "Oh poo poo, he's actually going to be the candidate"

Bush has rehabilitated himself way, way more than Trump ever will, and Bush isn't hosting SNL.

Now, Hillary Clinton hosting in the future? Yeah, that's possible.
When the pussy grabbing tape came out, SNL did a skit portraying Hillary Clinton celebrating the fact that women had been sexually assaulted

E: they invited racist piece of poo poo Dan Crenshaw to host even after it was clear that Trumpism isn't a joke

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VitalSigns posted:

When the pussy grabbing tape came out, SNL did a skit portraying Hillary Clinton celebrating the fact that women had been sexually assaulted

E: they invited racist piece of poo poo Dan Crenshaw to host even after it was clear that Trumpism isn't a joke

No, she was celebrating the fact the tape came out.

Also, no, Dan Crenshaw never hosted. He was on Weekend Update. Are you just making poo poo up?

1glitch0 posted:

This is so far from the truth, it's hilarious. Has anyone here watched the show in the last few years, or are you railing against your imaginary idea of the show?

Ate My Balls Redux fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 29, 2019

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

VitalSigns posted:

Like that's ever stopped them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lmao big difference

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fallom posted:

Lmao big difference

Um... yes?

"This guy was only in one sketch, not every sketch of the entire night, the monologue, and the closing. Big difference. :rolleyes:"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Um argh nope

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fallom posted:

Um argh nope

When you really think about it, having Alec Baldwin on playing Trump is the exact same as having Donald Trump as executive producer. I am very smart.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

When you really think about it, having Alec Baldwin on playing Trump is the exact same as having Donald Trump as executive producer. I am very smart.

Oh word, who’d they get to play Crenshaw?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

No, she was celebrating the fact the tape came out.

The character made it explicit that she was celebrating the assault because it was her path to power.

"This is a sad day for every woman in America...except one :smugdog:"

SNL both-sidesed sexual assault, they will absolutely have Trump host because it would make them money.

Also, no, Dan Crenshaw never hosted. He was on Weekend Update. Are you just making poo poo up?

My bad.

Not better, they will still elevate racists for money, even after "Trumpism isn't a serious thing" is no longer an excuse

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

VitalSigns posted:

The character made it explicit that she was celebrating the assault because it was her path to power.

"This is a sad day for every woman in America...except one :smugdog:"

SNL both-sidesed sexual assault, they will absolutely have Trump host because it would make them money.

Look out, the "things understander" is comin' through!

Lucania
May 1, 2009
Was this posted? Let's see which congresswomen CNN considers the leaders on impeachment:

https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/1177968132188774400?s=19

Hrm.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whatever guys, continue getting the vapors over a pretty standard sketch comedy show

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Lucania posted:

Was this posted? Let's see which congresswomen CNN considers the leaders on impeachment:

Hrm.

All the best generals lead from the rear.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Whatever guys, continue getting the vapors over a pretty standard sketch comedy show

Ok I'm sorry I made fun of your previous funny hour program

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VitalSigns posted:

Ok I'm sorry I made fun of your previous funny hour program

90 minutes, you seem to be really bad at knowing what you're talking about.

Fallom posted:

The SNL wiki editor has logged on

Knowing basic facts about a show that has been a pop culture staple for 40 years: Some form of nerd

PerniciousKnid posted:

All the best generals lead from the rear.

LOL this poo poo is so loving gross. Getting all the credit for a movement they stayed far the gently caress away from

Ate My Balls Redux fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 29, 2019

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ague Proof posted:

But apart from all that, he lived an otherwise blameless life.

Thanks for reminding me of that so my blood pressure could skyrocket again.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

90 minutes, you seem to be really bad at knowing what you're talking about.

got 'im

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The SNL wiki editor has logged on

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
While I don’t agree with giving fascists a platform, it’s important to think of media like SNL as more of a barometer of public opinion instead of a leader on social change.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lucania posted:

Hrm.

I’ve never seen a more perfect embodiment of the phrase “I’d like to speak to your manager.” Thank god CNN’s there to make white boomers feel good about themselves when it was a bunch of women of color, young and old, who actually got America to this point.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status/1178365521596747778

quote:

“According to a top U.S. official, all three were working off the books apart from the administration,” Wallace added. “The only person in government who knows what they were doing is President Trump.”

Giuliani has denied working with any other attorneys in his quest for Ukrainian-provided information on the Biden family in recent appearances on Fox News, denials that the network’s own reporting now call into question.

“No,” Giuliani told Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures, when asked if he had worked with other attorneys. “I didn’t work with anybody to try and get dirt on Joe Biden.”

Requests for comment in response to Wallace’s report from diGenova & Toensing, LLP, their eponymous D.C.-based law firm, were not immediately returned. Requests to Giuliani and the White House have also not been returned.

trump's other insane conspiracist right wing personal attorneys, who are at roughly the same level of incompetence as Rudy, are going down with him

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
The head writer of snl is black so maybe all the white people here should shut up and listen to a poc for once

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This seems like a way to minimize damage to Pence and other administration officials more than anything, which is a strategy they will absolutely try once they realize Piss Daddy is completely hosed. Which may have been last week.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Is this really happening? Is the great mattering truly happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

This seems like a way to minimize damage to Pence and other administration officials more than anything, which is a strategy they will absolutely try once they realize Piss Daddy is completely hosed. Which may have been last week.

odds are this is the State Department striking back at giuliani