Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

number 1 snake fan posted:

We got a new baby, his name is Nemo :kimchi:

He's only two and we're still working on going to the bathroom outdoors

Congrats Nemo!

We had issues with incontinence that turned out to be a combination of:

• him having tenacious hookworms from the track, that
  • irritated his stomach, making it hard to digest food, which
  • overtaxed his kidneys, making him constantly thirsty, leading to him
  • drinking his water bowl dry and also gettin diarrhea

What fixed it was getting rid of the worms, getting a gentle food for his stomach, mixing a little water with it, and a course of probiotics for a while.

Not saying that's what you're dealing with, but we were tearing our hair out and I'd like to spare people that frustration (to say nothing of the poor dog)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
If he's a track dog he should at least be crate trained so if you keep his bed in a smaller room he should refrain from going while in there. Just be sure to take him out first thing in the morning because being taken out your "crate" means it's time to pee.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Congrats, number 1 snake fan and Nemo! (I'm sure that before long, you'll want to update your username! :D )

Hah, they would be the best/worst villains. They'll seem keen to race around at the start, but then they'll change their minds and nap on the nearest couch around halfway through the competition

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Thanks for your concerns guys, but this is our third grey and we're p good at them by this point.
I appreciate the gut info!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

You can tell. They aren't greyhounds because they aren't fast asleep while the hero is doing something

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I love this picture so much. My little dog looks just like their henchman in the background. I should knit her that sweater...

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I never even noticed the little iggy in the background before!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Radiation Cow posted:

I never even noticed the little iggy in the background before!

She just blends in! :D That's a great photo all-round. I wonder how it's put on/taken off, though? Is there a slit along the bottom that just isn't visible in the photo, or?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Major Isoor posted:

She just blends in! :D That's a great photo all-round. I wonder how it's put on/taken off, though? Is there a slit along the bottom that just isn't visible in the photo, or?

We own a four-leg jumper, and the answer is "very carefully." The there's a hole for the belly and chest. Put the head on, then front legs, then carefully do the back legs. It's awkward. It's also slightly too small for Ruby which makes it even more awkward. But hey, it looks pretty good.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Narrator posted:

We own a four-leg jumper, and the answer is "very carefully." The there's a hole for the belly and chest. Put the head on, then front legs, then carefully do the back legs. It's awkward. It's also slightly too small for Ruby which makes it even more awkward. But hey, it looks pretty good.

Aww, what a cute pup! :3: I'm not sure how well Taz would go though, if that's how you do it! I've gotta say though, that being said the thought is still tempting! :D

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oh my god :3:

please get matching pineapple pyjamas

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Speaking of outfits, li'l Tazo has had another rare chance to try out his raincoat today! He was absolutely loving it and happily trotting along, once the rain started and he realised what the raincoat was for. :D (Since before that, he seemed to be a bit confused/annoyed about it, while we were walking along)
He seemed to be a bit of a distraction though...a driver who was looking at him hit the curb while exiting a roundabout - oops! Ah well, no harm done

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Major Isoor posted:

Speaking of outfits, li'l Tazo has had another rare chance to try out his raincoat today! He was absolutely loving it and happily trotting along, once the rain started and he realised what the raincoat was for. :D (Since before that, he seemed to be a bit confused/annoyed about it, while we were walking along)
He seemed to be a bit of a distraction though...a driver who was looking at him hit the curb while exiting a roundabout - oops! Ah well, no harm done

Oh my goodness that's amazing, it's so near when they realize what something you're doing is for. For us it's once the dogs learned that harness = run, so it went from death device to best friend.

Let Tazo know he's a very handsome boy and a good model for raincoats if he's stopping traffic :kimchi:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

DarkHorse posted:

Oh my goodness that's amazing, it's so near when they realize what something you're doing is for. For us it's once the dogs learned that harness = run, so it went from death device to best friend.

Let Tazo know he's a very handsome boy and a good model for raincoats if he's stopping traffic :kimchi:

God I love that in dogs. Apollo (not a greyhound sadly) thought his harness was evil until he realized that it means a roadtrip - either we're going to walk around town or at the park, or going to the dogpark. Now I pick it up and he sits down with barely contained excitement. Once it's on he has to rocket around a bit because YAY

I love him :kimchi:

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Dat snoot! Dat raincoat!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

so graceful, so elegant

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

jesus WEP posted:

so graceful, so elegant

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lollipup, lollipup, oh lolli lolli lolli, lollipup

spoon daddy
Aug 11, 2004
Who's your daddy?
College Slice
I was going over some photos from my boy who passed last year and found one of him in a regal pose as befits his nobility.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

Lollipup, lollipup, oh lolli lolli lolli, lollipup

A tasty lollipup

spoon daddy posted:

I was going over some photos from my boy who passed last year and found one of him in a regal pose as befits his nobility.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He is indeed a very noble beast. The dog of kings

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s Bonnie’s 2nd adoptaversary!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

It’s Bonnie’s 2nd adoptaversary!

Happy adoption lollipup! :kimchi:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

raw hamburger is an incredible dog treat, she went completely nuts for it

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the tidbits of info as I have been getting ready for my first dog.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 5, 2022

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

raw hamburger is an incredible dog treat, she went completely nuts for it

Huh, I'd never considered that! I might need to get a patty or too for Taz, when it's his birthday in a month's time...

Drewjitsu posted:

We think he's a former underground Irish racing dog.

haha, you make it seem so exotic! :D Rush seems like a great doggo, and I'm sure he'll be running the household (from your bed/couch, of course) in no time!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Huh, I'd never considered that! I might need to get a patty or too for Taz, when it's his birthday in a month's time...

haha, you make it seem so exotic! :D Rush seems like a great doggo, and I'm sure he'll be running the household (from your bed/couch, of course) in no time!

I'm terrified and excited all at the same time. He's lived in a house before, so he can navigate stairs and the like no problem.

He likes human food a little too much. And also peed on my bbq when taken outside for the final time tonight. :argh:

I can't wait to see how this all develops. :3:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Drewjitsu posted:

He likes human food a little too much. And also peed on my bbq when taken outside for the final time tonight. :argh:

That is dogs.txt, they will pee on everything outside that you love.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I instinctively keep a tight leash when there's something I don't want him to pee on. But I'm going to have to assume that all the other neighborhood dogs have peed on it already anyways.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Drewjitsu posted:

Hello everyone, meet Rush (tenatively)

We think he's a former underground Irish racing dog.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the tidbits of info as I have been getting ready for my first dog.

Edit: less than half an hour in the house

congrats, that dog is chill as gently caress

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

He's going to the doc tomorrow to get fixed!

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 5, 2022

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

well now i've seen greyhound balls

they don't fix them after they come off the track there?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

actionjackson posted:

well now i've seen greyhound balls

they don't fix them after they come off the track there?

I have no idea. His past is shrouded in mystery~!

This is what leads us to believe that he comes from "less than legal" racetracks. He has a racing name, but no tattoos (although I don't know if that's standard across the pond).

It's all very mysterious (which makes for a good story, more than anything), but he's got a good home now.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

I have no idea. His past is shrouded in mystery~!

This is what leads us to believe that he comes from "less than legal" racetracks. He has a racing name, but no tattoos (although I don't know if that's standard across the pond).

It's all very mysterious (which makes for a good story, more than anything), but he's got a good home now.

Well now, maybe he was previously a grey spy, sent undercover into the notorious Irish illegal racing ring? And now that he's achieved his mission, he's retired under a false name after having his racing ID tattoos removed, so he can't be traced back to his shady undercover days?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Well now, maybe he was previously a grey spy, sent undercover into the notorious Irish illegal racing ring? And now that he's achieved his mission, he's retired under a false name after having his racing ID tattoos removed, so he can't be traced back to his shady undercover days?

I prefer this version of history.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Congrats, you adopted Donnie Barko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

I prefer this version of history.

haha, I kinda envision it to be similar to the hit game "Sleeping Dogs"...just featuring a lot less violence and chase-sequences, as well as significantly more sleeping dogs. :D