Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think there's a large (and easily discerned) difference between You Won't BELIEVE What This Congressional Politician Has To Say About Impeachment type articles purposed for maximum ad impressions, and that article we've been discussing which is a fawning puff piece and giant dog whistle for how these white women are more reasonable, more effective, and easier to work with than these darn loudmouths.

Conflating the two is shallow cynicism employed to avoid serious engagement with the state of our national discourse.

And who are you having this argument with again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status...ingawful.com%2F

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

KitConstantine posted:

My dad got a glass eye after a farming accident in the 70s, has had the same one since, and you can't even tell unless he is in a screaming rage. So he's full of poo poo.

It's distracting because it's this:

https://twitter.com/RepDanCrenshaw/status/1104158940378615809

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Generally you have more than one. My sister and I found out my dad had a fake eye when we were like five and snooping in his cupboard - we saw his spare floating in a container on the top shelf. We didn't have that babysitter again.

He's just a douche.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

That's so loving creepy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RandomBlue posted:

I don't know how you could've watched Trump's behavior this long and not assumed that's how he would act. He doubles/triples/quadruples down on EVERYTHING.

I mean I understand it, but I don't understand it, if you get what I mean.

It makes sense that that's what he'd do, it's what I'd expect of him. But I just can't, like ... connect with how it works. How do you be like that

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

KitConstantine posted:

He's just a douche.

Yeah, true. He's probably also cosplaying Nick Fury.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I’m kinda insulted he’s associating himself or any part of himself with Captain America

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Gatts posted:

I’m kinda insulted he’s associating himself or any part of himself with Captain America

hail hydra

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Lemming posted:

That's so loving creepy

I'm not sure if I would agree with that. He was meeting Chris Evans and probably thought it would be a fun way to normalize his injury and make Chris feel comfortable.

Hardly surprising, but it's good that we're not allowing this sort of behavior to become normalized.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dammerung posted:

I'm not sure if I would agree with that. He was meeting Chris Evans and probably thought it would be a fun way to normalize his injury and make Chris feel comfortable.

Considering Chris Evans is staunchly anti-GOP I don't think being a fascist co-opting Captain America would make him comfortable :v:

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 29, 2019

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
e: This was a bad post by me.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I will just say, it's okay and good to make fun of the pirate rep., but if I ever injure / lose an eye I'm immediately getting an eye patch.
Sometimes you gotta lean in, goons.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

tokyo reject posted:

I mean, that's not really the comparison I'm trying to make. I rank Paul Ryan's tenure as speaker right up there with Lindsay Graham's absolute bootlicking moral cowardice. What a world to imagine where a speaker would initiate impeachment hearings against a president from their own party because it's the right thing to do. But up until last week I wasn't even sure we'd see the speaker from the other party pull the trigger.

But now that Paul Ryan has guaranteed what I imagine is a 7 figure paycheck from Fox and he's out for revenge, hey gently caress it, I'm all for it. I wasn't really trying to make a comparison about which position is "more powerful".

Although that IS an interesting, if not depressing point to think about. If we're being real, wasn't Pelosi basically waiting for an opportunity where she felt it was safe enough to try and change public opinion, of which Fox news is an absolutely major part of for ~40% of the country?

i would say being on the board at fox is more powerful. If you control the chuds you control the country.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Please don't let Dan Crenshaw host the forums

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Data Graham posted:

It makes sense that that's what he'd do, it's what I'd expect of him. But I just can't, like ... connect with how it works. How do you be like that
I'm unfortunately close to someone with narccistic personality disorder.

While I take great pains to explain that "be" part to others, I find that I need to continueally re-explain it to myself. It's such a foreign mindset that I find it hard to maintain the mental model of how this person works.

The "toddlers behave in this way" that others have pointed out is a common reactive behavior I see in both Trump and my acquaintance when their initial behaviors are enabled without consequence.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dammerung posted:

I don't mean the general action of what he was trying to do, the execution is creepy. The white of the eye being black or dark blue looks creepy as gently caress

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Not a theocracy at all! :shepface:

Also, what the gently caress does Jerusalem have to do with the Bible, besides Jesus dying? It's not like 10 Commandments were loving given there

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Angry_Ed posted:

Considering Chris Evans is staunchly anti-GOP I don't think being a fascist co-opting Captain America would make him comfortable :v:

He made the choice to meet with Rep. Crenshaw, though! That meeting seems like it would have been the perfect time for him to say something if he was unhappy or uncomfortable.

Lemming posted:

I don't mean the general action of what he was trying to do, the execution is creepy. The white of the eye being black or dark blue looks creepy as gently caress

Ah, okay! I am sorry, I misunderstood you. It certainly is a striking eye.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Remember when SNL bent the knee to this douche because he was an ARE TROOP with an eye patch and tried to pawn him off as reasonable human being? :laffo: Guess you gotta turn a blind eye when it comes to Dan Crenshaw if you’re weak spined liberal trash

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Remember when SNL bent the knee to this douche because he was an ARE TROOP with an eye patch and tried to pawn him off as reasonable human being? :laffo: Guess you gotta turn a blind eye when it comes to Dan Crenshaw if you’re weak spined liberal trash

I heard he owns NBC now

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/hamillhimself/status/1178394628464070656?s=21

You killed em, Mark.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the stormtroopers are the bad guys!!

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Groovelord Neato posted:

the stormtroopers are the bad guys!!

I bet you call everyone you don't like an Imperial.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

#GoForceYourself. Nice.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Imagine being hated by Mark Hamill. That would be like someone just reaching in and ripping out a piece of your childhood and destroying it forever.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1178420434603106304

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Get the Saudi Arabia logs.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

SKULL.GIF posted:

Get the Saudi Arabia logs.

Guarantee there's poo poo in there that puts Jared in prison for a long, long time.

We can hope.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

We'll never get it but the read outs of what Trump and Netanyahu have been chatting about would be interesting.

Same with whatever he's told Boris Johnson.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://twitter.com/laraleatrump/status/1178030815671980032?s=21

Because, other stupidities aside, the outcome of an election in 2016 supersedes whether the law applies to crimes committed later

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
All you're going to get from the calls to Putin and Saudi Arabia are some expected crimes and genuflection. Obviously important stuff that we should know. However, considering what set off this whole cover up the transcripts plan was the call to the Australian PM, I'm actually a little more interested in his calls to the unassuming countries.

What insane poo poo did Donny throw at the Swiss PM?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Data Graham posted:

Because, other stupidities aside, the outcome of an election in 2016 supersedes whether the law applies to crimes committed later

The wheat, corn, soy, and cows will rally to defend Trump!

CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...

Data Graham posted:

https://twitter.com/4everNeverTrump/status/1178265717612974080?s=19

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Zotix posted:

I hope everyone used these two days to recover from last week and to prepare for the week ahead.

my ctrl-c/ctrl-v combo is ready

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Does anyone remember back to the distant past, when Trump touched the Orb?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

fool_of_sound posted:

More importantly, is there a transcript of the telepathic conversation Trump had with Orb stored in the code word lockbox too?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

fool_of_sound posted:

No one can forget the orb. Nothing you do will allow you to forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pretty amazing how hard Lara Trump has leaned into the evil twitter thing