Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the bullshit halloween scare story is finally true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
I got laid out by 25mg edibles this summer, I'm a 5mg kinda guy apparently. Luckily it only resulted in a really good night's sleep sooner than planned.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
tbf, handing out illegal drugs at a public event with a business card attached to them isn't indicative of the brightest minds

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
But it seemed like such a good idea when they were high.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

aren’t they still technically illegal as well? so basically just handing out bags of heat with a return address on them. brilliant move all around imo

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The intro is not so great and I'm not sure if I agree with the argument overall, but it's still a good read How not to build a country: Canada's late soviet pessimism

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

handing out edibles at that concentration is insanely dangerous.

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I thought active ingredient concentrations in edibles were mostly bullshit. isn't that why they aren't technically legal?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

incontinence 100 posted:

I thought active ingredient concentrations in edibles were mostly bullshit. isn't that why they aren't technically legal?

hahaha

no and no

e. I mean there is no standard testing but 5 mg is deffo plenty for most. 200 would probably last me 14 hours

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
A Twisted Extracts gummy LEGO brick is 80mg of THC. 20mg makes me sleepy, 40mg makes Frostys delicious plus Cheech & Chong movies are hilarious. If there are ten doses in that 200mg packet it’s not really that out of the ordinary.

Still insanely stupid to give away to unaware strangers like that. But 200mg in a package isn’t that crazy.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

BGrifter posted:

A Twisted Extracts gummy LEGO brick is 80mg of THC. 20mg makes me sleepy, 40mg makes Frostys delicious plus Cheech & Chong movies are hilarious. If there are ten doses in that 200mg packet it’s not really that out of the ordinary.

Still insanely stupid to give away to unaware strangers like that. But 200mg in a package isn’t that crazy.

it is crazy because you understand how cannabinoid dosing works for edibles. most people absolutely do not.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
You lightweights need to work on building up a tolerance!

Also, 200mg of edibles would retail for like $15-20 at least? 100mg for $7 was a good deal last I checked.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the first hit is always free

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

edibles suck rear end because they're mostly consumed by people with no tolerance and have no knowledge of tolerance or dosage

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

xtal posted:

You lightweights need to work on building up a tolerance!

Also, 200mg of edibles would retail for like $15-20 at least? 100mg for $7 was a good deal last I checked.

80mg of Twisted Extracts stuff ranges from $10-$13ish. So 200mg would be roughly $25+ worth of edibles.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

...has anyone checked if they're lying?

It's wholly unregulated, so the amount of THC in the package is a matter of faith really

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 07:26 on Sep 29, 2019

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

autism ZX spectrum posted:

The intro is not so great and I'm not sure if I agree with the argument overall, but it's still a good read How not to build a country: Canada's late soviet pessimism

I'm not even sure what the argument is. The article is a winding mess where it seems the author tries to not only invoke every inspirational anecdote they've heard but unite them into a coherent narrative.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
It's not a super strong argument, for sure, but the comparisons to late soviet malaise just resonate with me. Living here it seems like there was a time just outside of recent memory where people could get things done, but now there's no money or no will to do anything similar. The bits about brain drain and engineers not having anything to do here was interesting to think about, because I've seen it happen.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Trudeau trying to leak this while we're all busy with adcc, nice try bucko

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1178027994285260800

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!
The argument is that Canada is being gutted by rent-seeking.

It's pretty naive in seeing that as a deviation from capitalism rather than a core feature, but apart from that it's pretty c-spam for something written entirely from an elite perspective.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

love the Peter Gabriel soundtrack

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

love 2 romanticism about the avro arrow

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
All the clerks and can drivers back home have villas on the Caspian Sea! (*ignores that clerks and can drivers still exist back home*)

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like this opinion piece unintentionally (?) showing with photographs how various Prime Ministers deal with climate change seriously:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

James Baud posted:

I like this opinion piece unintentionally (?) showing with photographs how various Prime Ministers deal with climate change seriously:

at least he's not getting handsy

evidently because the 16 year old girl has successfully intimidated him

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Two ferns between two turds

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

James Baud posted:

i think the important difference is that conservatives were mostly on board with reducing ozone products. its easy to make worldwide changes when everyone is on board, its harder when 40% of the population is convinced that theres no problem and its the globalists

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

...has anyone checked if they're lying?

It's wholly unregulated, so the amount of THC in the package is a matter of faith really

You can normally tell by how much your burps taste like weed

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

i think the important difference is that conservatives were mostly on board with reducing ozone products. its easy to make worldwide changes when everyone is on board, its harder when 40% of the population is convinced that theres no problem and its the globalists

in a neoliberal world only conservatives can actually accomplish reform, because when liberals or leftists try to do reform the conservatives and reactionaries shriek that it's communism and spend billions of dollars to prevent it from happening and the liberals or leftists lose because they're either unable or unwilling to marshal enough power to overcome the right's enormous financial advantages

but when conservatives acknowledge the need for reform the liberals and leftists say finally someone is doing the thing we originally wanted to do anyway and go along with it and the reform passes and the conservatives get all the credit for being visionary forward-thinkers

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
like if trump declared tomorrow that he was abolishing the penny or the one dollar bill because they're wasteful there would be dozens of thinkpieces about how this is bold leadership to save money by a responsible fiscal conservative and everyone would leap on board and liberals in the us would be like finally someone is speaking sense and it would get done

but when obama floated the idea in an interview in 2013 suddenly we were flooded with conservative discourse about how actually pennies are wonderful and everyone loves them and blah blah blah

over loving pennies

environmentalism faces the exact same problem

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Down with nickels and dimes!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

James Baud posted:

Down with nickels and dimes!

Okay, but how will we nickel and dime Conservatives to death without them?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

We would have to do something with the now useless nickles and dimes

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

so sad I have to vote for justin now just because its funny

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Trudeau trying to leak this while we're all busy with adcc, nice try bucko

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1178027994285260800

anybody else notice he put a loving sock in his pants

Smiling Demon
Jun 16, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

Wasn't that because Thatcher, for all her many failings, had a chemistry background and couldn't deny the ozone problem?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1p52z6XEmI

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Third permaban from CBC comment section, baby. You can post all the nazi propaganda you want, but if you tell a nazi to go suck off a luger it's all over for you!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

A Russian troll farm posted:

Third permaban from CBC comment section, baby. You can post all the nazi propaganda you want, but if you tell a nazi to go suck off a luger it's all over for you!

:decorum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

A Russian troll farm posted:

tbf, telling someone to go suck off a luger will get you banned here too