Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Welp, the bachelor party I attended this weekend ended in seven detainees and one arrest.

And we made the weekend police report :lol:

So you going to leave us hanging or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yaaa good movie but that was 🙄

You mean Jameson as Alex Jones? That owned.

Edit: Yeah, let's get some details on this party.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I think Sony was honestly stupid enough for a minute to think that Disney needed them more than Sony needed Disney.

sony got some issues these days and the Apple rumors are springing up again

i got my macbook air ready

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

joat mon posted:

I think that's The Beach.

The Beach was a book, The Island wasn't. But the Island of Dr. Moreau was both. Also, Aldous Huxley wrote a book called Island that is his utopia, a phase shift off from his dystopia in Brave New World.

And Moe the bully.:smith:
A terrible thing well done.
e: not that well done. Panel 4 is superfluous and detracts from 3's kick in the gut.
Plus, it'd make space for a new panel 4, Hobbes bringing Mom a cup of coffee.
Why am I still thinking about this!?

New TV show on Netflix too. Never saw the movie, but I tried watching that TV show and :barf:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Shot NISA-level soccer today.

And this guy looked familiar to me

Oh yeah!

I've shot you before!

I'm really glad to see someone I know continue their sports career like this. Especially because they consider him an all-star

album (of tonight's game):https://imgur.com/a/3zkfefz

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

ex-gf is trying to come at me with some bullshit. again. lol i got all the receipts. most of your friends like me better anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBWv2OCh9p4

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Bachelor party update: Most of my colleagues have made it home safely, with one still being MIA. He hasn't responded to our messages, but he's read them, so he's still alive, and not at the police station.
The little snafu from Friday that earned us a mentioning in the police report the next day was apparently our rear-guard that kept up the shenanigans after the last club closed at 3AM.

The police report states the following:
https://www.radio-bamberg.de/polizeibericht-28-09-2019-7815432/?fbclid=IwAR0DB-JmQj7v26FSthWk03xuqtDGDea1YSE18W92xpDMu2BY5pJeMM9Cx14

Slapped that poo poo into google translate for your kind perusal:

quote:

Shortly before 03:00 o'clock officials had to move out of the PI Bamberg city into the Franz Ludwig street, since here several persons a bicycle "stepped through the street". The total of seven heavily drunk participants of a bachelor party could finally be asked. Investigations on site revealed that the group of people took the unlocked ladies bike of the brand "Epple" before the bakery Fuchs and then abused it as football. On the bike was a damage in the amount of 50 euros. Anyone who misses the women's bike described, is requested to report to the police in Bamberg.

So it looks like your average drunk shenanigans, bunch of drunkards found an unlocked bike and decided to be assholes by kicking it down the street. Pretty lovely, but I honestly anticipated worse, possibly even some fight-related poo poo from these guys. For context, this was the group of highschool-friends from East Germany that tagged along for the bachelor party, and they had been drinking since 9AM, and the group of 12 plowed through three crates of beer just on the train ride up to my home town. The kind of people that seem okay to be around when you have a connection via an acquaintance, but good lord they become a burden once they're in the "so drunk they blink their eyes on a time-delay from left to right"-state.

Saturday at noon, I join up with the crew again after crashing at my parents, and we're standing outside the hotel with fifteen beer bottles on an HV transformer street-side, cheering-on passing traffic. I fish for an update on said shenanigans from the night before, and they tell me the report is all horseshit. I put on my extremely-shocked face, because of course they're now gonna tell me it was actually totally innocent and didn't transpire at all like the fake news reported.

Except...they don't, they're straight about it and it turns out the story is MUCH dumber. They apparently found the bike and then had an impromptu competition of "who can ride the bike the furthest in their state of inebriation", and no-one made it farther than 50 yards before eating poo poo on a wall, the curb, or the literally unobstructed path on the street. The first call to the authorities was apparently not to the police, but because a concerned citizen had observed four consecutive ones of these bike crashes and was sure that grievous bodily harm was involved. As an ambulance was dispatched, a random police cruiser came upon our misfits and "detained" the group for identification purposes.

As the group is being investigated by our local lawmen, they start getting "legal advice" from an equally-drunk group of bystanders that had been cheering them on in their destruction-derby, so they start parroting all this good advice they're getting at the Polizei. So now you have seven drunkards from Saxony going full-blown sovereign-citizen on the cops who are other-than-impressed by this routine. One of the starts filming this act of "police brutality", and unlike the US, filming people is quite a bit different - legally - over here, so the cops instruct the gentleman to kindly refrain from the whole filming thing. As he's still getting prime legal advice shouted at him from across the street, he obviously files an immediate assertion of duress and is promptly arrested on the spot after his friends attempt a violence.

I would like to emphasize "attempt" because in their state, they were so loving drunk that they literally failed at resisting arrest or even slightly inconveniencing an officer of the law. At this point, the cops already have their particulars and breathalized the gently caress out of the lot (with the winner clocking in at .24%) and since their hotel is right around the corner, and they don't seem to want to put up with the paperwork, they actually let them go and release the previously handcuffed gentleman in the squad car (holy loving :lol: at that, because I've never seen that happen). Our group was apparently so embarrassingly incapable of functioning that the actual loving police felt bad for them and let them off the hook. :cripes:

So now that I've been given the rundown of the story while drinking a beer from an HV transformer, the actual goddamn shocker of the story hits. The seven folks in question that have now assembled around us take off on their own, before the rest of the group is there to leave for more beer-drinking downtown, because they've decided to go down to the police station and...

...apologize.

:psyduck:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 29, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That story sounds more Canadian than German, but that's a hell of a night regardless.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I should probably add that our Saturday warmup activities involved sitting around in front of the train station drinking beer while waiting for the rest of the hungover crowd to slowly trickle in over 90 minutes, and we ended up befriending several local drunk homeless folks by having beers with them. After we still weren't fully assembled and ready to leave after the first hour, some folks started going shopping for groceries with our new hobo friends at the tegut discount grocery store 20 yards away.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, and the group (I say "the group", because I had already taken a cab home at this point) managed to enter a club that opened at 11pm, and shut down all dancing activities within 45 minutes on account of breaking a grand total of 15 glasses, entirely by accident, thus rendering the dancefloor completely unusable.

Bonus picture:

Always a good sign when you can't tell the homeless apart from the bachelor party participants.

/edit:
Oh, we bought our homeless friends Döner Kebabs too, because of course we did

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I can say with a reasonable amount of confidence that SOME of this group may be able to conduct motor vehicles legally by early December.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

sounds like my kind of party

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Bachelor party update: Most of my colleagues have made it home safely, with one still being MIA. He hasn't responded to our messages, but he's read them, so he's still alive, and not at the police station.
The little snafu from Friday that earned us a mentioning in the police report the next day was apparently our rear-guard that kept up the shenanigans after the last club closed at 3AM.

The police report states the following:
https://www.radio-bamberg.de/polizeibericht-28-09-2019-7815432/?fbclid=IwAR0DB-JmQj7v26FSthWk03xuqtDGDea1YSE18W92xpDMu2BY5pJeMM9Cx14

Slapped that poo poo into google translate for your kind perusal:

So it looks like your average drunk shenanigans, bunch of drunkards found an unlocked bike and decided to be assholes by kicking it down the street. Pretty lovely, but I honestly anticipated worse, possibly even some fight-related poo poo from these guys. For context, this was the group of highschool-friends from East Germany that tagged along for the bachelor party, and they had been drinking since 9AM, and the group of 12 plowed through three crates of beer just on the train ride up to my home town. The kind of people that seem okay to be around when you have a connection via an acquaintance, but good lord they become a burden once they're in the "so drunk they blink their eyes on a time-delay from left to right"-state.

Saturday at noon, I join up with the crew again after crashing at my parents, and we're standing outside the hotel with fifteen beer bottles on an HV transformer street-side, cheering-on passing traffic. I fish for an update on said shenanigans from the night before, and they tell me the report is all horseshit. I put on my extremely-shocked face, because of course they're now gonna tell me it was actually totally innocent and didn't transpire at all like the fake news reported.

Except...they don't, they're straight about it and it turns out the story is MUCH dumber. They apparently found the bike and then had an impromptu competition of "who can ride the bike the furthest in their state of inebriation", and no-one made it farther than 50 yards before eating poo poo on a wall, the curb, or the literally unobstructed path on the street. The first call to the authorities was apparently not to the police, but because a concerned citizen had observed four consecutive ones of these bike crashes and was sure that grievous bodily harm was involved. As an ambulance was dispatched, a random police cruiser came upon our misfits and "detained" the group for identification purposes.

As the group is being investigated by our local lawmen, they start getting "legal advice" from an equally-drunk group of bystanders that had been cheering them on in their destruction-derby, so they start parroting all this good advice they're getting at the Polizei. So now you have seven drunkards from Saxony going full-blown sovereign-citizen on the cops who are other-than-impressed by this routine. One of the starts filming this act of "police brutality", and unlike the US, filming people is quite a bit different - legally - over here, so the cops instruct the gentleman to kindly refrain from the whole filming thing. As he's still getting prime legal advice shouted at him from across the street, he obviously files an immediate assertion of duress and is promptly arrested on the spot after his friends attempt a violence.

I would like to emphasize "attempt" because in their state, they were so loving drunk that they literally failed at resisting arrest or even slightly inconveniencing an officer of the law. At this point, the cops already have their particulars and breathalized the gently caress out of the lot (with the winner clocking in at .24%) and since their hotel is right around the corner, and they don't seem to want to put up with the paperwork, they actually let them go and release the previously handcuffed gentleman in the squad car (holy loving :lol: at that, because I've never seen that happen). Our group was apparently so embarrassingly incapable of functioning that the actual loving police felt bad for them and let them off the hook. :cripes:

So now that I've been given the rundown of the story while drinking a beer from an HV transformer, the actual goddamn shocker of the story hits. The seven folks in question that have now assembled around us take off on their own, before the rest of the group is there to leave for more beer-drinking downtown, because they've decided to go down to the police station and...

...apologize.

:psyduck:

I loving miss Germany. I don't even drink anymore and I miss nights like those.

I don't want to piggy back off your story so remind me to tell you about the time some blacked out (not drunk, definitely something else) woman tried to get with me in front of my wife, at noon on a Sunday, on the train back from Nuremburg. It is equal parts dumb and polite, just like your story.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I miss Döner Kebabs so very much. Thank you for the entertaining story Duzzy, happy no permanent issues for all involved

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

I miss Döner Kebabs so very much. Thank you for the entertaining story Duzzy, happy no permanent issues for all involved

Well, to be fair, there are still criminal charges pending against one person, and they're of the slam-dunk-kind (unless the person that owns the bike that was hosed with comes forward to say "yeah, it's all good, I'll take the payment for damages", but as long as that doesn't happen, and since it was basically an abandoned bike that no-one is going to claim, that's not happening, so the person will have to eat the charge).

In more "uplifting news", here's the result of my latest chili harvest.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Chili-update:

It was time to harvest my reaper colony, and boy howdy, is it ever so intimidating to harvest a Vielfaches of the dangerous chilis vs. the good-natured ones

66 Reapers, 30 Lemon Drops, 11 Chocolate Habaneros, and 9 Red Habaneros :ohno:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I don't know much about chilis but them bitches look almost radioactive

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

What are you even going to do with 66 reapers

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

orange juche posted:

What are you even going to do with 66 reapers

I’ve got $20 for whatever dumb poo poo we think of

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

PEnis hurt

consult discord for details

have a good night y'all

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I've added a new GIP rule just for you, Duzzy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:mad:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, to be fair, there are still criminal charges pending against one person, and they're of the slam-dunk-kind (unless the person that owns the bike that was hosed with comes forward to say "yeah, it's all good, I'll take the payment for damages", but as long as that doesn't happen, and since it was basically an abandoned bike that no-one is going to claim, that's not happening, so the person will have to eat the charge).

In more "uplifting news", here's the result of my latest chili harvest.

Awesome! How do you fertilize your chilis? I've got 9 cayennes now and 1 thai birdseye (from seeds I got from fresh ones bought at the store!) and I'm real happy abouy how good they taste, but my plants are not by far as vibrant green as yours.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That sounds like a good, wholesome bachelor party. :)

Not too bad, all things considered!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

McNally posted:

I've added a new GIP rule just for you, Duzzy.

Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahha

e rather than dp:

I just got roped into being a groomsman for the first time (next July), what am I in for?

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 30, 2019

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

who was it who went to the wedding with a male bridesmaid

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Smiling Jack posted:

who was it who went to the wedding with a male bridesmaid

Beanieson.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

man of honor? Went to one recently with one, pretty cool imo. Couldn’t help but think the bridesmaids were a bit jealous

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahha

e rather than dp:

I just got roped into being a groomsman for the first time (next July), what am I in for?

If you're just a groomsman nothing much. Mostly stand around and take up space for pictures, possibly some set-up/tear down and group organization duties. It's man of honor that gets to do all the public speaking and poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I always wondered if the bride or groom want to do idk matching or similar converse or something who eats the cost of all that? Matching dresses etc. Is it expected the one getting married fronts those costs? Whether it’s rent or buy

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

We have a groomslady and a bridesdude at my wedding. No one is doing matching dresses or suits; we just wanted the most important people in our lives up there with us, and it happens that some of our best friends happen to be of the opposite gender.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I always wondered if the bride or groom want to do idk matching or similar converse or something who eats the cost of all that? Matching dresses etc. Is it expected the one getting married fronts those costs? Whether it’s rent or buy

In my experience all of that was fronted by the wedding party. Though I guess it could be the “gift” where the couple buys the shoes and gifts them to the party.

But each wedding is different and each bride is different.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

We have a groomslady and a bridesdude at my wedding. No one is doing matching dresses or suits; we just wanted the most important people in our lives up there with us, and it happens that some of our best friends happen to be of the opposite gender.

We did the same thing with our groomslady and bridesman, but also she’s West Indian so I had two “weddings” (Hindu and “white people”) and they had to dress up both nights. My wedding party had to put up with a ton of poo poo.

Nystral fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 30, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I am curious if Jack was insinuating it was weird/bad to have the opposite gender in those roles

Cause gently caress standards and traditions, namaste

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
bold move putting your side pieces in the wedding

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nystral posted:

In my experience all of that was fronted by the wedding party. Though I guess it could be the “gift” where the couple buys the shoes and gifts them to the party.

But each wedding is different and each bride is different.

Yeah i know there’s not one standard, just curious. Could see it both ways, but also see how it could put extra unneeded—financial—stress on someone

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I am curious if Jack was insinuating it was weird/bad to have the opposite gender in those roles

Cause gently caress standards and traditions, namaste

no I just remember someone live posting the wedding and getting progressively drunker

like I could give two fucks about a female on the groom's side or whatever as long as she's a day one ride or die when the post wedding barfight between distant Irish cousins starts and vice versa

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 30, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

What role is Lando playing

This is important

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Smiling Jack posted:

no I just remember someone live posting the wedding and getting progressively drunker

You mean the night beanie got murdered by mrs. beanie

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That was at Christmas the wedding was a different event

Beanie had one hell of a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Well, at least he laid the foundation for Mrs. Beanie's nice trellis.