Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

That sounds like it could make a devastating headline, especially when combined with Trump's threatening tweets.

Well, Trump has been videotaped explicitly threatening the life of a whistleblower. If we weren't already living in Thunderdome the narrative would be worlds different and we would already be prepping for President Lego-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

All that red and yet Clinton got 3 million more votes. Hmm it's almost like large swaths of barren land have more political power in this country.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

then do it you loving coward. order the DOJ to do it. we know you want to go night of the long knives. i mean you are calling for treason trials on dem leadership. than do it. but you loving wont because that would be effort and your syphilitic brain knows you would be hosed.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Flesh Forge posted:

tbh, very little in practice :shrug:

SNL is probably more honest and truthful than FNC.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

E: Ah screw it. Not worth it

Svaha fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 30, 2019

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

The president has to pay for all their food which kind of blew my mind the first time I heard it, because it makes the position explicitly unattainable for non-wealthy people

They don’t have to pay for food for official state functions, or the salary of the official White House chefs. They do have to pay for food for day to day meals and non-state functions; eg, if there’s not an ambassador in attendance then the president is probably footing the bill themself.

The president receives a salary of several hundred thousand a year so their personal grocery bill wouldn’t bankrupt a non-wealthy president but it would limit their ability to hold bullshit photo-ops at the White House. However you could always spend campaign contributions to pay for public events, so the point is moot.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Charliegrs posted:

All that red and yet Clinton got 3 million more votes. Hmm it's almost like large swaths of barren land have more political power in this country.

Apparently:

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Svaha posted:

Making coherent arguments on the debate forum is for nerds and losers. This forum is for Arglebargling about Trump and SNL.
:waycool:
Message received.

:goonsay:

You didn't make an argument, someone linked a 30 minute video making the argument and then you whined when I wouldn't commit that time to what I can only assume to be "wah sketch show bad."

Ate My Balls Redux fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 30, 2019

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

sincx posted:

This is like the only photo I've seen of Trump being genuinely happy as president.

Also every time I see this I want a fillet-o-fish.

I imagine the WH chefs were kinda pissed with that. People go to WH dinners to experience the best there is to offer and President Deals dishes out Big Macks and fries

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Why is this news? It's a loving guarantee their life was in danger from the first day

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SocketWrench posted:

Why is this news? It's a loving guarantee their life was in danger from the first day

Jacob Wohl and some other dipshit literally put a bounty on his identity. I wonder why!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

It's not a criminal prosecution, though, he doesn't have the right to face his accuser.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
What would happen if the whistleblower turned up like Epstein? Like, I honestly think Trump is that desperate, and I worry that it would halt the impeachment.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
'Make the time, or quit': Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez demands lawmakers read the bombshell 9-page whistleblower report after some said they didn't look at it yet
businessinsider.com/Sep. 27, 2019

Pelosi: Impeachment worth losing House in 2020
thehill.com/09/28/19
"Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated Saturday that successfully pursuing impeachment of President Trump would be worth losing the Democrats' House majority in 2020.

People say you have to take a political risk doing that," she continued. "That doesn't matter. That doesn't matter. Because we cannot have a president of the United States undermining his oath of office, his loyalty to his oath of office, undermining our national security, and undermining the integrity of our elections."

No idea.

Stephen Miller: Trump Is the Real Whistle-blower Uncovering Corruption
nymag.com/5:55 P.M.
'“Do you want a democracy in this country or do you want a deep state?” Miller asked and answered. “It’s a binary choice for the American people.” He may have forgotten the word “false” in there before “binary.”'

Edited: Save is not preview.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 30, 2019

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Dammerung posted:

It's not a criminal prosecution, though, he doesn't have the right to face his accuser.

He doesn't care. He probably doesn't even have the capacity to understand, nevermind care.

His goal is to have a specific person to attack. A new Emmanuel Goldstein Hillary who can be given a nickname, probed for absolutely anything even vaguely resembling a bad history, etc.

Right now he's punching at nobody, which isn't how he knows to fight.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hiro Protagonist posted:

What would happen if the whistleblower turned up like Epstein? Like, I honestly think Trump is that desperate, and I worry that it would halt the impeachment.

we already know they listed witnesses and at least some of the firsthand witnesses have been interviewed by the DOJ IG, this person's testimony has little apparent unique value except that they were the one to actually blow the whistle

eke out fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 30, 2019

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Hiro Protagonist posted:

The whistle blower works for the CIA so I would assume they aren't a slouch and can handle themselves to some degree.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jacob Wohl and some other dipshit literally put a bounty on his identity. I wonder why!

I thought some state pressed charges on Wohl for fraud or something, how is he still able to do anything?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

At this point the whistleblower isn't necessary for impeachment.

The accusations are out there. The summary of the call released by Trump himself contains enough evidence to justify an investigation.

(That said, obviously I hope nothing bad happens to him or her and if they're harmed it would produce an obvious chilling effect.)

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Hiro Protagonist posted:

The Dems add a murder charge to the impeachment charges.

Given how shakey Fox and the GOP in the Senate have been on defending him so far, if the whistle blower ends up dead, they're abandoning ship.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

:goonsay:

You didn't make an argument, someone linked a 30 minute video making the argument and then you whined when I wouldn't commit that time to what I can only assume to be "wah sketch show bad."

It's a pretty good examination of neoliberalism in general, with some specific examples given by SNL. It drags a big and tbh it could be about 2/3 the length but that's true of most lengthy Youtube content.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

This is so true it's painful. The only thing he knows how to do is smear and personally attack and 'whatabout' at his accusers, since he's almost certainly guilty of what they're accusing him of. An anonymous accuser who's being taken seriously is his worst nightmare.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1178362136776577026

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Marcy wheeler with a good article on the Biden stuff
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1178467782230511616

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Furnaceface posted:

I thought some state pressed charges on Wohl for fraud or something, how is he still able to do anything?

He's rich

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Otteration posted:

"Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated Saturday that successfully pursuing impeachment of President Trump would be worth losing the Democrats' House majority in 2020.

People say you have to take a political risk doing that," she continued. "That doesn't matter. That doesn't matter. Because we cannot have a president of the United States undermining his oath of office, his loyalty to his oath of office, undermining our national security, and undermining the integrity of our elections."

No idea.

Seems like pretty good messaging to me. Pursuing violations of the oath of office should be more important than holding a chamber of congress. It'd have been far worse if Nancy had triangulated or looked like she was backing down from a fight (in my opinion).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
re: why are things hosed up like they are

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

He doesn't care. He probably doesn't even have the capacity to understand, nevermind care.

His goal is to have a specific person to attack. A new Emmanuel Goldstein Hillary who can be given a nickname, probed for absolutely anything even vaguely resembling a bad history, etc.

I know, he's trying to turn it into a competition/conflict between him and this person, which isn't how it works. It's like trying to push against a curtain, and it's curious to watch happen. Understandable, but still curious.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Nah, his Dad's rich. He's just a failson.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Taerkar posted:

SNL is probably more honest and truthful than FNC.

SNL is more truthful than Fox and the current administration combined. This should be a bad thing

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

His daddy is rich

Fixed that for you

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

We've reached Pissbaby Tantrum Level Ten.

Good.

Oh no, my friend. This is only Pissbaby Trantrum Level Five, we still have a ways to go until Ten.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178465036811034631
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178465038643978243
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178467237096775680

HER EMAILS!!!

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Charlz Guybon posted:

Nah, his Dad's rich. He's just a failson.

Maserati, Maseratee

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

jeff van drew voted against same sex marriage in jersey in the long long ago of 2012.

he has a 100 percent rating with the NRA and was the only democrat to vote against all the gun control bills introduced after sandy hook.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

this is what he was pressuring Ukraine about yeah? he thinks the cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike somehow still has her email server? From three years ago? Even though they likely never actually had access to it in the first place?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Furnaceface posted:

right wing welfare

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

who the gently caress is van drew and why do i have a feeling that dumbshit misquoted him

abigserve posted:

this is what he was pressuring Ukraine about yeah? he thinks the cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike somehow still has her email server? From three years ago? Even though they likely never actually had access to it in the first place?

i bet you putin told him that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1178462826018545665