Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

As I said before. Crenshaw is the type of guy that would sit concealed 20 miles from the nearest combat area to snipe women and children, consider it combat and brag about it constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Seems like pretty good messaging to me. Pursuing violations of the oath of office should be more important than holding a chamber of congress. It'd have been far worse if Nancy had triangulated or looked like she was backing down from a fight (in my opinion).

It also defuses the GOP's concern trolling about the Democrats overreaching and impeachment becoming a liability in 2020, despite poll numbers saying otherwise.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why even have mccarthy or any of these people on. they're just going to repeat the talking points. they're just going to lie to you.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Mark Hamill is a better Luke Skywalker than Disney could pay for or even begin to imagine.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/dprk_news/status/1178431337520345089?s=21

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

abigserve posted:

this is what he was pressuring Ukraine about yeah? he thinks the cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike somehow still has her email server? From three years ago? Even though they likely never actually had access to it in the first place?

At this point, who ya gonna call?:
"In the religion of Ancient Rome, a haruspex (plural haruspices; also called aruspex) was a person trained to practice a form of divination called haruspicy (haruspicina), the inspection of the entrails (exta—hence also extispicy (extispicium)) of sacrificed animals, especially the livers of sacrificed sheep and poultry. The reading of omens specifically from the liver is also known by the Greek term hepatoscopy (also hepatomancy)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruspex

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

abigserve posted:

this is what he was pressuring Ukraine about yeah? he thinks the cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike somehow still has her email server? From three years ago? Even though they likely never actually had access to it in the first place?

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1178309111932477442

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1178322973884858369

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Also Trump:

https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/status/1177052691958239232

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I'm actually kind of surprised as little has come out about the whistlebower so far, either due to the one person willing to fall on their sword for Trump or just bad record keeping or something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bobjr posted:

I'm actually kind of surprised as little has come out about the whistlebower so far, either due to the one person willing to fall on their sword for Trump or just bad record keeping or something.

I don't think anyone who isn't a loving crazy person (RUDY) is willing to fall on the sword right now considering the way things are going.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
If the whistleblower is under Federal protection to protect his/her identity isn't that somewhat pointless when the person going after him/her is literally the leader of the Federal government? Like aren't there enough yes man in the administration that will just give up the persons ID if the president asks for it?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Certainly explains why 99% of them are dirt poor farmers dying of starvation and malnutrition while being fenced in to keep them from leaving.
Also explains why those that do seek to achieve get put in labor camps.

Kind of weird how "communism in NK" runs so parallel with pure capitalism when it comes to that.
"Oh, you're poor and dying? You didn't pull bootstraps hard enough. You're in prison? Well, you tugged too hard and scared the rich people they might make 0.00000001% less this year"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 30, 2019

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Charliegrs posted:

If the whistleblower is under Federal protection to protect his/her identity isn't that somewhat pointless when the person going after him/her is literally the leader of the Federal government? Like aren't there enough yes man in the administration that will just give up the persons ID if the president asks for it?

literally no one has any idea what's going on right now this is unprecedented and rapidly becoming overt constitutional crisis

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is such a loving farce, jesus christ.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

The knife's edge choice of inviting Rudy or a angry rabid squirrel onto your show.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

SocketWrench posted:

Certainly explains why 99% of them are dirt poor farmers dying of starvation and malnutrition while being fenced in to keep them from leaving.
Also explains why those that do seek to achieve get put in labor camps.

You're trying to get a sick burn in on a parody account.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

you can only meet him if you're prepared to fight to the death

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Paradoxish posted:

You're trying to get a sick burn in on a parody account.

I apologize.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Charliegrs posted:

Theoretical: pile it onto the impeachment charges if trump or someone under his watch reveals this whistleblower's identity.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

empty whippet box posted:

This is such a loving farce, jesus christ.

He completely refuses to go on the record and say that it was appropriate.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178477539653771264

The President is threatening CIVIL WAR!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The federal government has placed the whisteblower under witness protection from... the President.

And the President is threatening civil war on Twitter.

Civil War!

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
If he's this salty now, wait until this impeachment poo poo actually gets going.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

dprk news service is a parody account

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

bigperm posted:

If he's this salty now, wait until this impeachment poo poo actually gets going.

i cant wait

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

The federal government has placed the whisteblower under witness protection from... the President.

And the President is threatening civil war on Twitter.

Civil War!

More from Jacob Wohl, idiot was the one who issues the $50k bounty,

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bigperm posted:

The scenario I absolutely want to see is Trump being ordered to testify before Congress.

He will refuse.

At that point, will Congress physically compel him into the room? Hold him in contempt? The possibilities are all so magical.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/mzffrylmz/status/1177545796859904000

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1178002285751865344

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

"How could you possibly want to impeach someone who has done all this great stuff?"
sure sounds an awful lot like
"You must be the crazy one, everyone knows I'm a great guy"

"I deserve to meet my accuser, especially when this accuser" [after spending days telegraphing threats upon them]
really reminds me of
"I'm sure this is all a big misunderstanding, I just need to talk to her and clear things up"

"They are trying to stop ME, because I am fighting for YOU!"
doesn't even need an analogy

And "What they REALLY ought to be looking into is __________" is just textbook water-muddying that you can expect any time a manipulative gaslighting waste monster really gets cornered.

Anybody who has dealt with these people can spot it the instant they start talking. I sat on grand jury duty a bunch of years ago, and an alarming number of the cases were sexual assault / child endangerment from a trusted member of the family, or financial supporter of the family. Trump's brand of defense is EXACTLY what you hear from these people, and it seriously gives me flashbacks to those cases.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Boris Johnson is doing the same thing in England.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i love how this rear end in a top hat just quotes/says stupid/ really hosed up poo poo and no one bats an eye anymore. like if obama or W or clinton or loving any of the modern presidents did this poo poo. i mean just tonight he accused schiff of high treason twice.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1178388163993190401?s=19

You'd think they'd want him in TV as much as possible.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Why does Joe Biden hate fun?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Biden doing that is a very bad look and just another reason he's a poo poo candidate.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Rudy looks like a Halloween mask of himself

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol, yes, demand and insist that Giuliani shut up about the Bidens, that definitely will calm people's suspicions of something going on.

ryde posted:

Biden doing that is a very bad look and just another reason he's a poo poo candidate.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SKULL.GIF posted:

The scenario I absolutely want to see is Trump being ordered to testify before Congress.

He will refuse.

At that point, will Congress physically compel him into the room? Hold him in contempt? The possibilities are all so magical.

Has Trump ever been on the stand?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Data Graham posted:

Has Trump ever been on the stand?

As a private citizen, yes, there's a bunch of video of him from the 80s and 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

So is this going to have a big impact on the impeachment inquiry?

God Joe Biden sucks