Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ghost Dog posted:

those guys famously went on to have success elsewhere

Well they die here. They never got developed properly and washed out. We have Seth Roberts, Miles Boykin and Hollywood who seem like a pretty decent trio though two of them are rookies. So what do we build our offense around? A triple-TE set. Andrews seems pretty solid. But the other two are blah. Would it hurt to put in more plays to Boykin and Roberts?

If the 3-TE set worked as good as it was looking in weeks 1 and 2 I might not mind as much. But it's clearly a very limited offense. We need more passes to WRs. More 'chunks of yardage' plays. Like how many the Browns hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ghost Dog posted:

wheres that dipshit rear end browns fan who insisted breshad was actually good i looked it up he has three catches lmao

That would be me. Baker made him look good last year I guess.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I also don't mean all our drafted WRs are possibly good. Guys like Patrick Johnson(we could have taken Hines Ward), Perriman, and the other "speed" picks are mostly junk.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Kawalimus posted:

I also don't mean all our drafted WRs are possibly good. Guys like Patrick Johnson(we could have taken Hines Ward), Perriman, and the other "speed" picks are mostly junk.

"Speed kills bitches" -Al Davis somewhere in hell.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If you get housed by the Browns you need to just give up lol.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Send the Ravens back to Cleveland and we'll take the new Browns

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1178415914909339648

lol

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
i think Lamar Jackson is cool as hell, and frankly, im afraid to admit it

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Well they die here. They never got developed properly and washed out. We have Seth Roberts, Miles Boykin and Hollywood who seem like a pretty decent trio though two of them are rookies. So what do we build our offense around? A triple-TE set. Andrews seems pretty solid. But the other two are blah. Would it hurt to put in more plays to Boykin and Roberts?

If the 3-TE set worked as good as it was looking in weeks 1 and 2 I might not mind as much. But it's clearly a very limited offense. We need more passes to WRs. More 'chunks of yardage' plays. Like how many the Browns hit.

Uh that is by far the worst receiving core in the league btw.

Again, running lots of TE sets and running all the time is your coaching staff not being brain dead and trying to huck it to a group of rookies with Lamar Jackson every week

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Uh that is by far the worst receiving core in the league btw.

Again, running lots of TE sets and running all the time is your coaching staff not being brain dead and trying to huck it to a group of rookies with Lamar Jackson every week

How do you know they're bad? How do you know they're the worst? Hollywood Brown was a high draft pick and would've been higher if not for injury. Boykin has been praised a lot by people watching him in practice. Roberts is a nice enough 3rd receiver. And Andrews is our TE.

Are Nick Boyle and Hayden Hurst better than Boykin and Roberts? Somehow I doubt it. Put the guys out there and let them succeed or fail. Don't let them rot on the bench and then shrug your shoulders and then declare them failures.

Earl Thomas simply has to go if that's his mindset.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

im gonna be forced to buy the lovely nfl game pass thing to argue with you cause im glad the bengals lost guy doesnt seed

nah he started a website instead - nflfullhd.com

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Also I forgot about Willie Snead.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Also I forgot about Willie Snead.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Earl Thomas simply has to go if that's his mindset.

He clearly didn't get my message about preferring the starting secondary be out (with the exception of Humphrey (who apologized to the fans on twitter which annoys me because he's the only one who is competent) I'm only like 50% kidding). I had to leave after the first quarter but I've heard claims that Canady of all people looked ok?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i forgot about willie snead, as well

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
someone post ravenschat.gif

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

He clearly didn't get my message about preferring the starting secondary be out (with the exception of Humphrey (who apologized to the fans on twitter which annoys me because he's the only one who is competent) I'm only like 50% kidding). I had to leave after the first quarter but I've heard claims that Canady of all people looked ok?

He had a pick and a good pass defense to end the half. The pick seemed to be kinda a bad throw that went to him. But the pass D was good. I don't know about him other than that. But he did make those good plays. I'm not sure the pass D struggles are just about individual performances as it is about just bad communication and coverage schemes and what have you. So often it's not a bad play made by an individual covering a guy as it is just nobody even in the area so guys are just wide open. Aside from Thomas, who clearly just doesn't give a crap at this point in his career for whatever reason and should be benched.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Give the Ravens their own thread where people argue with Kawalimus and have to make their posts like it is Skip Bayless replying to Stephen A Smith

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No Irish Need Imply posted:

someone post ravenschat.gif

I was looking all over my external drive for this the other day and couldn't find it :smith:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The chains of fate are broken. Rejoice, a path from our once inevitable hell world has opened before us. The Browns have beat the Ravens and now all things are possible.

Also, well get em next time if our defense magically unfucks itself.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

OxySnake posted:

Give the Ravens their own thread where people argue with Kawalimus and have to make their posts like it is Skip Bayless replying to Stephen A Smith

Funny thing about Kawalimus is that if you hang around long enough you'll see that he is always right, its kinda scary. Skip on the other hand thought Johnny football would have three super bowls by now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'm not always right. Especially about deeper knowledge. But I knew something was off about the way our coverage looked at the end of the half against Miami. And I wasn't wrong there. Even though I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it might be.

I definitely was wrong about the RB thing. But I didn't realize Ingram was the guy from the Saints.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

OxySnake posted:

that's this thread you buffoon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Funny thing about Kawalimus is that if you hang around long enough you'll see that he is eventually right, its kinda scary

I don't have till humanity dies of climate change in 2030, I'll be dead by then

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Go Browns. Win the souperbowl

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If my adult son Fish Smithson hadn't been injured none of this would be an issue.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kawalimus is right and the Ravens will miss the playoffs and beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship game this year.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I also think the Bengals could still end up with like 7 or 8 wins although maybe a bunch of them will be Garbage Time after they start 1-5 or something.

I dunno what to think about the Steelers other that all their posters have disappeared lol

My team lost its QB week 2, traded for Minkah Fitzpatrick, and yet the defense is still bad somehow despite fielding 9 first rounders. The offense is dead bc the coaching staff chose Ben over AB and Le'Veon, so I'm just here reaping the whirlwind of mediocre coaching and bad decisions

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all of the teams that defeat the bengals are going to the playoffs. So just win baby

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad the bengals won

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Steelers have never been the same since Shazier got hurt imo. They were like 12-2 or something when he got hurt and got trucked by the Jags at home in the first round

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

gently caress Baltimore. Browns, bitch.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

gently caress Baltimore. Browns, bitch.

Despite today's evidence I assure you this is false.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a question for fictional browns kawalimus: are you worried todays win taints the legacy of hue jackson

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Everybody is talking about the Cleveland Browns and their star running back Nick Chubb. This young man is on pace for 1600 yards and 16 touchdowns this season — unheard of numbers in the National Football League. Our analysts believe these projections are low and Chubb will realistically have 2500 yards and 40 touchdowns, but the season is still young.

The Browns come off yet another dominating performance, destroying the Ravens in their own house and making them beg for mercy. It’s hard being a historical powerhouse with no remorse, but the Browns have found the resilience to soldier on despite their overpowering dominance.

Cleveland takes on the 49ers this week who were so scared of the upcoming game that they skipped playing altogether this week! What a bunch of wusses!!! A long time ago in the AAFC (greatest football league ever) the 49ers were the Browns doormat on their way to four straight league titles. Cleveland has beaten them in every single matchup since, and once beat them so badly that their quarterback Jeff Garcia decided if II cant beat em join em and suited up for the Browns. He even married a beautiful Cleveland gal! What a great guy!

Predictions for this game are mixed. Some say the Browns win by 30, some say even more than that. One thing is for certain: Cleveland is walking away with the victory.

After being held off the scoreboard on the last game, Myles Garrett is hungry for some sacks. The 49ers quarterback is shaking in his boots (49ers are allowed to wear boots to pay homage to their namesake gold miner founders.). The whole world is watching!!!!!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I can't get over how wide Lamar Jackson's face is.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Really want the Steelers, and Bengals to play the funniest game of garbage ball anyone has ever seen. MNF will never be the same. Rooting for the Bengals though just so I can watch Steelers fans gradually disappear from the physical plane.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It can't be a coincidence that the R*vens problems began when they started all this "passing" bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
They had to give up on the Ground and Pound approach after Ray Rices video ruined it.