Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
My favourite thing about Trump's twitter is the (intended) expression of grim, steely resolve in his profile pic, when compared with the hysterical flailing and whining he actually writes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i mean, people are definitely going to die when he loses. i'm not sure that constitutes a civil war, at least what i'm envisioning, but there will be a fair amount of violence. could escalate into something super bad, i guess, but that's unlikely.

all of this is only going to get uglier until there's a boiling point. it's inevitable, and him losing could very well be that.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

bobjr posted:

If you told people the video where Trump motorboats Guliani dressed like a woman in 15 years would be super related to the current president situation, you would be considered insane.

A "Trump for President" sign was included in a Rage Against the Machine video because it seemed completely ridiculous.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Dunno if you guys saw this or not but I just checked myself because I couldn't believe it

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1178315708683476993?s=20

It's real

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Zotix posted:

I'll beli be this Paul Ryan inside job stuff when I see it. Aside from Chris wallace, Judge Nap and Shep, I haven't see any indication outside of those three that the rest of Fox is on board. At least not yet.

They could be trying it out selectively to see how ratings react or to see if there’s a point where enough people will stop consuming praise of Trump.

That poster above was right to mention that fox news will have to keep going post-Trump, while Trump himself will not.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Thomas Friedman was a guest on Fareed Zakaria earlier saying that the Democrats should bring on a special investigator/ prosecutor in to do most of the investigating/ question asking in order to bring a bit more legitimacy to the impeachment inquiry. Do you guys think this might be a stronger route to go?

This is the link to which I'm referring

https://youtu.be/SyCsMwkLJ0E

Jump to about 32 minutes in.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 30, 2019

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

abelwingnut posted:

i mean, people are definitely going to die when he loses. i'm not sure that constitutes a civil war, at least what i'm envisioning, but there will be a fair amount of violence. could escalate into something super bad, i guess, but that's unlikely.

all of this is only going to get uglier until there's a boiling point. it's inevitable, and him losing could very well be that.

Really not looking forward to seeing what happens when all of those farmer bailouts from his stupid trade war dry up. It has already destroyed a shitton of livelihoods in the reddest states.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

There was a guest on Fareed Zakaria earlier saying that the Democrats should bring on a special investigator/ prosecutor in to do most of the investigating/ question asking in order to bring a bit more legitimacy to the impeachment inquiry. Do you guys think this might be a stronger route to go?

You'd need 13 GOP senators to vote for that to make it past a filibuster and Trump would go nuclear on every single one who voted for it and never forgive them.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Zotix posted:

Thomas Friedman was a guest on Fareed Zakaria earlier saying that the Democrats should bring on a special investigator/ prosecutor in to do most of the investigating/ question asking in order to bring a bit more legitimacy to the impeachment inquiry. Do you guys think this might be a stronger route to go?

I feel like that would end up under the purview of the DoJ and they need to keep this far away from Bill Barr.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Zophar posted:

Really not looking forward to seeing what happens when all of those farmer bailouts from his stupid trade war dry up. It has already destroyed a shitton of livelihoods in the reddest states.

It'll be okay, they'll just blame it on anybody who isn't Trump. Problem solved!

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

So, is the Fox investigatory arm actually turning on him? This is starting to become a trend of them publishing bad news for him.

This also means Fox has done the math and determined they're either not afraid of losing the MAGA base or that they're an acceptable loss.

bowser fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 30, 2019

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Zophar posted:

gently caress em. They made their bed, now they get to sleep in it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

SchrodingersCat posted:

I feel like that would end up under the purview of the DoJ and they need to keep this far away from Bill Barr.

Do they? Can't the house follow precedent from Watergate where this happened before? It just need to be a seasoned prosecutor who kno s the correct way to question witnesses.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Charliegrs posted:

They won’t even understand that it’s Trump. They’ll crawl into the booth to vote even if they’re blind, sick and about to die.

It’s the ones who didn’t vote for him but are being dragged into hell who I worry about.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Charliegrs posted:

My point is that a lot of angry and dejected people with guns will consider lashing out, and they will misdirect their anger from the party responsible to the people they've been told to blame.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

They could be trying it out selectively to see how ratings react or to see if there’s a point where enough people will stop consuming praise of Trump.

That poster above was right to mention that fox news will have to keep going post-Trump, while Trump himself will not.

Good point. I wonder if Fox is more profitable when the dems are in power, anyway. A bit like the Obama = spike in gun purchases effect.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Zotix posted:

No that’s dumb. House democrats (Schiff, Cummings, Nadler, Waters, etc.) need to be in the driver’s seat the last thing we need is another special counsel type figure.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Zotix posted:

Dude it’s Thomas Friedman. You should ignore anything he says flat out. Find someone else with an ounce of reputation to get opinions from. Also don’t watch 24/7 news.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

abelwingnut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cReCQE8B5nY

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

Good point. I wonder if Fox is more profitable when the dems are in power, anyway. A bit like the Obama = spike in gun purchases effect.

It has to be. Look at how often they’ve run stories about Clinton or Obama because Manafort was being arrested or something and they didn’t want to run the story because they didn’t have a spin ready.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The day Hillary Clinton passes on is the day Fox News suddenly realizes they have nothing to report on

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

ImpAtom posted:

The day Hillary Clinton passes on is the day Fox News suddenly realizes they have nothing to report on

I doubt that will stop them

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

In 2035, a decrepit Geraldo Rivera will host a special on Fox News wherein he exhumes Hillary Clinton's coffin in search of her missing emails.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

SchrodingersCat posted:

In 2035, a decrepit Geraldo Rivera will host a special on Fox News wherein he exhumes Hillary Clinton's coffin in search of her missing emails.

And it, of course, will be empty.

2nd Rate Poster
Mar 25, 2004

i started a joke

ImpAtom posted:

They'll increment the Clinton body count by 1, and then the aftermath will be like the search for the reincarnated dalai lama.

"This 4 year old stores her neopets messages to a private email server. We've got her this lifetime! Attain nirvana now or suffer the fox news attachment cycle forever."

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

bigperm posted:

And it, of course, will be empty.

Hillary never actually died and still roams the woods of Chappaquiddick to this day.

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/1178516302807191552

Interesting comparison

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1178388163993190401?s=19

You'd think they'd want him in TV as much as possible.

God drat Joe Biden is loving stupid holy loving poo poo

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

By that time, they'll be short-stroking over what foible that President Ocasio-Cortez did that day.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

To be fair, Giuliani is basically slandering Biden every time he makes a TV appearance. Everything he says is patently untrue and the people interviewing him know it.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Isn't "stop giving Trump liars a platform" the most popular stance in this forum?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

After one month of them puking out stories of “Now that Hillary is dead this person has come out and exposed how awful she was!” from someone who saw her for three seconds in the 1980s or something they’ll get the Long Island Medium grifter to come on to prove that ghost Hillary is possessing good, honest GOP members and the awful democrats are purposely not passing bills to ghost proof the senate and house buildings

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 30, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

2nd Rate Poster posted:

They'll increment the Clinton body count by 1, and then the aftermath will be like the search for the reincarnated dalai lama.

"This 4 year old stores her neopets messages to a private email server. We've got her this lifetime! Attain nirvana now or suffer the fox news attachment cycle forever."

shep smith's punishment for lending legitimacy to Fox News despite being an otherwise decent person, is being reincarnated as shep smith

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fart Amplifier posted:

Isn't "stop giving Trump liars a platform" the most popular stance in this forum?

Giuliani is different, having been struck with a curse that forces him to admit to a new crime at least once for every 20 minutes he is on live TV.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Giuliani is different, having been struck with a curse that forces him to admit to a new crime at least once for every 20 minutes he is on live TV.

Also it’s like Groundhog Day, only instead of waking up on the same morning he wakes up on a news set 3 seconds from the start of an interview.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Fart Amplifier posted:

It is, but Biden personally pushing the networks to stop is really stupid on his part.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
As long as Giuliani continues to garner ratings there isn’t a single network that will give two flying shits about whether what he says is true. Frankly, Biden should be thanking his lucky stars that the standard bearer for the Trump counterpunch is a guy who can’t go 30 seconds on air without further implicating his client.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Anything that destroys Biden is good, other than him losing a general to trump.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Rex-Goliath posted:

Dude it’s Thomas Friedman. You should ignore anything he says flat out. Find someone else with an ounce of reputation to get opinions from. Also don’t watch 24/7 news.

Yep.

Tom Friedman's prediction for the winner of the 2012 presidential election, made entirely in earnest and without a shred of irony, was "America". He's occasionally worth reading for insight into a particular worldview. That worldview is completely unequipped to handle the systemic failures that lead to Trump being president and the resulting abuses of his administration.

fake edit: made a bet with myself and won that Friedman would reference a probably fake conversation with a third party to make his main point. Also, lol at trying to force a "bit of more than he could chew" idiom into the context of the Tyson/Holyfield fight.

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 30, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

Dunno if you guys saw this or not but I just checked myself because I couldn't believe it

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1178315708683476993?s=20

It's real

The only thing that can stop the Gorilla Channel is Shark Week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Why isnt the White House surrounded by people dressed in shark costumes 24/7?