Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Ash & Pikachu:

* Energizing Strike and Vicious Ally. Go all-in as bear-focused because damage is good!
* Remove 2 x -1, and replace -1 with +1 twice.
* Buy stamina pot (oops! forgot we are prosp 3!) and the invisibility cloak. Then save the rest for an enhancement.
* Augmented Abilities because bear tyrant may have a bear-looting card, but it's still not a high Loot class

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
You are not allowed to buy 2x of the same item!

Also, update with new voting options at the end of the previous page :)

That Italian Guy posted:

A lot to vote on this update already, so I'll split this up in 3 parts instead of two, I think!
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 43!
2) Ash & Pikachu's PERSONAL QUEST!
3) Ash & Pikachu's 2 NEW CARDS and 3 PERKS! The list can be found above.
4) Master Splinter's NEW PERK and NEW CARD. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.

5) Rocky's NEW PERK and NEW CARD. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.

6) Bullwinkle's legacy: since we can't donate more than 10g at a time, we have a grand total of 122g and we are not rich enough to add an Hex to Skewer, please vote on what to enhance. Alternatively, we can donate 10g and let Bullwinkle keep the rest of his money for purely fluff reasons (it is unlikely we'll play another Brute in the LP).
7) Money matters, we have 70g to spend on Ash & Pikachu (I guess this is kinda tied to what PQ wins, so feel free to add a conditional vote for this)! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. As said, we'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

You are not allowed to buy 2x of the same item!
I was like ...that's not two of the... ooohhhhhhhhhh

we have been prosperity 4 for a very long time.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
1. MVP Splinter
2. Augmented Abilities.
The gold PQ sucks.
3. Energizing Strike and Unstoppable Beast. Remove two -1 and replace one -1 with +1.
4. Cranium Overload and replace two +1 with two +2.
5. Rock Slide and replace one -1 with one +1.
6. Definitely donate 10gp, but the cost to add a Hex to skewer should be 200/number of current hexes which should be 100 instead of 150.
7. Ash and Pikachu should buy a Minor Stamina Potion and an Empowering Talisman. Splinter should sell her Necklace of Teeth and buy Winged boots and a Minor Healing Potion.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
^This is correct; the cost to add a hex is 200g divided by the number of hexes already on the card (so 200/2 = 100g). (I don't mind if something else gets enhanced, just making sure the cost is correct)

Cards: Energizing Strike and Vicious Ally. Unstoppable Beast seems good, but more often then not you'll be sacrificing your top action to power up Concentrated Rage. That makes bottom attacks, like the one on Vicious Ally, much better.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Phelddagrif posted:

Cards: Energizing Strike and Vicious Ally. Unstoppable Beast seems good, but more often then not you'll be sacrificing your top action to power up Concentrated Rage. That makes bottom attacks, like the one on Vicious Ally, much better.
:hmmyes:

For anyone reading this LP that doesn't know the Beast Tyrant (I am guessing there are some?)

The Beast Tyrant's core Bear-related card is called Concentrated Rage. It's a game-changer. Before your bear takes its turn, you can choose to forego your top action for +3 on all the bear's attacks, or your bottom action for +3 to its Moves. Because of this, bottom Command attacks are huge. In this case, with Vicious Ally, the bear will sprint 3 headlong into danger, attack for 5, and then attack for 5 two more times against two enemies. So that's attack 10 against one guy, and attack 5 against anyone else who's adjacent. (Target 2 instead of a hex pattern is good!)

Unstoppable Beast also needs Leaf to justify using it instead of dropping it for CR. We are very bad at making elements. But we have a Cragheart for now, so we'd have surplus Leaf! However, Rocky is potentially one scenario from retirement, so we shouldn't pin our card picks on his elemental generation.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Augmentation PQ

Ignore scenario effects, lose 2 -1s, -1 to +1

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

dwarf74 posted:

Ash & Pikachu:

* Energizing Strike and Vicious Ally. Go all-in as bear-focused because damage is good!
* Remove 2 x -1, and replace -1 with +1 twice.
* Buy stamina pot (oops! forgot we are prosp 3!) and the invisibility cloak. Then save the rest for an enhancement.
* Augmented Abilities because bear tyrant may have a bear-looting card, but it's still not a high Loot class

I agree with everything in this post.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Additionally: What do you guys think about also getting Boots of Speed on Pikachu? That initiative changing can be really nice for getting the bear to go early or wait. I know we need to save for enhancements, and they aren't free, but I am kinda leaning towards getting them.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Boots of Speed are definitely the best boots for Tyrant, so I'm not opposed to getting them. For chest piece I know someone said Cloak of Invis, but if we're gonna do a passive tyrant build cloak of pockets might be better?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Boots of Speed seem highly mediocre, but I'm not going to argue too hard if people are deadset on the Tyrant having boots.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Reik posted:

Boots of Speed are definitely the best boots for Tyrant, so I'm not opposed to getting them. For chest piece I know someone said Cloak of Invis, but if we're gonna do a passive tyrant build cloak of pockets might be better?
Yeah, Pockets is awesome, but do we have enough (worthwhile) small items available now to make it work out yet? I wouldn't object to that if there's enough votes along that line. For passive tyrant, the invis cloak is a panic button which is nice to have but not essential.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, Pockets is awesome, but do we have enough (worthwhile) small items available now to make it work out yet? I wouldn't object to that if there's enough votes along that line. For passive tyrant, the invis cloak is a panic button which is nice to have but not essential.

Boots also function as a panic button by letting you move/interpose bear earlier, and are reusable.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
City Management IX, Update 2

OG Torch Thieves posted:

- Master Splinter is the MVP for Scenario 43! :agesilaus:
- Master Splinter's new PERK is "Add a +2/ICE card" and her new CARD is Cranium Overload!
- Master Splinter is selling her Necklace of Teeth (+20g) and buying a Minor Healing Potion (-10g) and Winged Shoes (-20g). (Current Gold: 6).
- Rocky's new PERK is "Replace a -1 with a +1" and its new CARD is Rock Slide!
- Rocky has +3 gold cause I miscalculated the trap damage.
- Bullwinkle is donating 10g to the Sanctuary (current donation level: 130g) and spending 100g to add an Hex to Skewer before retiring! (I am dumb and my brain has parsed "Hex=Curse" this whole time, hence the wrong calculations :doh:)

Beast Tyrant choices posted:

- Pikachu's Persona Quest is Augmented Abilities.
- Pikachu's PERKS are "Remove two -1" and "Replace a -1 with a +1" taken twice.
- Pikachu's CARDS are Vicious Ally and Energizing Strike.
- Pikachu's ITEMS we're going to buy for sure are a Minor Stamina Potion (-10g) and Boots of Speed (-30g). We have a 50/50 split between Cloak of Invisibility and Cloak of Pockets, so we're going to vote again on that one. (Current Gold: 20) Also, Remember that we have an unassigned Curious Gear in the stash, in case we wanted to assign it to Pikachu.

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to take advantage of a nice webapp called Gloomhaven Scenario Tree that allows us to keep track of everything we've completed, unlocked, lost access to or currently unable to visit. If you want to import the current progress into your webapp, just copy/paste the content of Cell F2 from the "Player List" sheet.

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- We've found the location of the Clockwork Cove (66) in a treasure chest in Scenario 1. As the name implies, we would face constructs, traps and puzzles. This is a Side Scenario. This is what we can expect from the Scenario:

- We may want to investigate these sightings of a Dragon-like creature on the ridges west of the City and explore the Mountain Pass (16). If we do so, we'll run into some kind of Elemental Demons and kill some more Inox.

- The coin we've got as a payment from the Savvas merchant shows the way to something called The Temple of the Eclipse (81). Plenty of weird stuff over there, for sure! Also it is a BOSS scenario, so if we manage to complete that successfully Rocky will be satisfied with its adventures and retire, spending its days drinking rock based cocktails and chasing young lads away from his ornamental zen garden or something. This is a Side Scenario.

- Exploring the previous Crypt, we've found another location where the Cult may take shelter. If we are brave enough, we can venture into the Ruinous Crypt (5), where we'll face more Cultists, more Skellingtons and a cured selection of elemental Demons!

- We have been helping Jekserah against the Cult, but who's to say we can't spread out our love to every single necromancer in the land? If we want to gather favour with the Cult, we can try to clear up the Decaying Crypt (6) from the masterless undead that currently reside there.

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- If we want to do the same but take the long way to get there, we could venture down into the Deep Ruins (23).

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests (for example, Rocky could retire if we face a BOSS Scenario in Casual mode and we win), but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up - most likely we'll get to see some of the other unlocked characters for a "Rocky and Friends VS an old Boss" adventure.

Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 28 posted:

PLEASE VOTE FOR:
1) Pikachu's Chest Item: (A) Invisibility Cloak, (B) Cloak of Pokets or (C) Nothing!
2) Our next destination!
3) Road event outcome A or B!

I'm sending out PMs with BGs and card selection request to our Active Players; I know we still don't know the destination (and the Road Event effects), so this selection can be considered tentative and they'll be able to adjust it after the next update, if they want to. We are also going to use Satire's Extended Battle Goals from BGG to spice things up!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 28, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Let's go to the Decaying Crypt

Road event B

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Do we even have a stamina potion? We have minor ones of course, but no "stamina potion".

Anyways, if minor potions count Rocky is willing to sell their own (road option A) (Rocky and the Savvas are "they", correct?)

No preference on the scenario, and can I say that those BGG goals are absolutely evil? I love 'em.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
A. Invisibility Cloak
B. Mountain Pass (gently caress wind demons, but let's kill them before they are higher level.)
C. I ain't giving up mine. Humans are racist trash. But if someone volunteers I won't object.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 28, 2019

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Master Splinter declines to share hers but as the cragheart has offered will not oppose giving the man the potion. Road event A I guess

Clockwork Cove. Lets do some looting shenanigans/

Also I am our glorious heroic savior the mindthief this scenario.

I HAVE NEVER PLAYED GLOOMHAVEN SO ENJOY MY CONFUSED FLAILING

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 28, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Rocky and the Savvas are "they", correct?

Yeah, Savvas in general are genderless creatures, being big animated pile of rocks and all.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtomikKrab posted:

Master Splinter declines to share hers but as the cragheart has offered will not oppose giving the man the potion. Road event A I guess
I'm ranged, you're meelee. If we're selling one you'd better keep yours for better burst and/or survivability.

quote:

:hfive:
Worry not, Pikachu and his mighty Ash shall carry us.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Pikachu is a victor of the Pokemon League just this year. He can be our carry!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

AtomikKrab posted:

Clockwork Cove. Lets do some looting shenanigans/

Also I am our glorious heroic savior the mindthief this scenario.

Dude did you see my raging incompetence? And I somehow got MVP. (Which, by the way, :3: thanks)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

I'm ranged, you're meelee. If we're selling one you'd better keep yours for better burst and/or survivability.

:hfive:
Worry not, Pikachu and his mighty Ash shall carry us.
I hope so!

I've seen Tyrant played well, but never played it myself!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We don't have enough votes for any Scenario, so I'll leave this open for another day. Please don't forget to vote for a destination! :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Let's go to the Mountain Pass then.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Vote for Mountain Pass

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Mountain Pass

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am going to sleep but it looks... looks like i'm gonna get mauled by flying jerk demons.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Clockwork Cove please! (I know this is a minority opinion).

How important are the three rollover-heal perks to the tyrant? Seems like they'd be a good way to squeeze another turn or two out of Ash.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Superterranean posted:

How important are the three rollover-heal perks to the tyrant? Seems like they'd be a good way to squeeze another turn or two out of Ash.

They're really handy for poison / wound removal.

The Bear dying is roughly equivalent to any other character dying and shouldn't happen until right near the end of the scenario if at all.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management IX, Update 3 and Scenario 16 Preamble.

Money Matters posted:

- Pikachu is getting a Cloak of Invisibility spending his remaining 20g (current gold total: 0).
- There were a couple of inaccuracies with the rest of the party's money: Splinter should have got 18 gold instead of 16 at the end of the previous Scenario; and both her and Rocky did not receive the 10g from the last City Event.
Updated Sheets

While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 28, resolution posted:

Effect: Sell one collective Minor Stamina Potion for its full price OR nothing happens.
From my interpretation of the Event, we are still allowed to pull back from selling the potion and chose option B. We don't have any of the Classes specified on the outcome, so we won't get 20g for it. Active Players, please decide if you want to part with the Potion, who's going to lose it and who's getting the gold (you can divide it as you'd like).

Let's examine our next destination:Scenario 16 - Mountain Pass

Scenario 16 - Mountain Pass - Location posted:

The Copperneck Mountains are said to have some kind of Dragon living in it.

Jesus, Marie, they're minerals!

Scenario 16 - Mountain Pass - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 16 before starting it:
Links to: Echo Chamber (24)
Requirements: None!
Goal: Kill all enemies.
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 16 - Mountain Pass - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Earth Demons:

Wind Demons:

Guards:

Archers:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!
We have met all these creatures before. At least Bullwinkle is not going to have to kill more of his people...

Scenario 16 - Mountain Pass - Introduction posted:

There is a certain shaking of heads that happens along with the mention of dragons, as if the person saying it can’t even believe the words coming out of their mouth. Dragons don’t exist, they say, but some giant, winged beast has been sighted to the north, so you set off to see if maybe they do.

Your goal is the Icecrag, the tallest mountain in the Coppernecks. To get there, though, you’ll need to head through the northern pass, a narrow corridor between two massive stone cliffs that is known for frequent avalanches and other dangers. You tread carefully, watching high above you for any signs of an ambush. This wariness is what saves you from being crushed by a hail of boulders rumbling down the cliff side. You dive for cover as the rocks hit, then look up to see a group of Inox emerging from a concealed cave to one side of the pass.

They intended to kill you with the rocks, but your survival has only motivated them to pursue a more conventional option.
Scenario Special Rules
- None!
Well I take that back. Death to the Inox!

Players spaw tiles are marked with a STRENGTHEN token.
AtomikKrab Omobono and Kafila please provide (if you've not already done so):
- Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding, if you change something);
- Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM;
- Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 15, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ugh, earth element generation is risky here, especially if the demons get the double target attack card.

I still think I should risk it turn one, but I'm open to alternatives.
Anyways, I was thinking about deploying to D8 and distracting the normal demon for a turn while setting up some new stalagmites. I can fix our damage at the end of this room anyways.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am thinking B8 for optimal stabbing potential. With the new card we have I can just explode one earth demon or inox if we go that route.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 30, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Explode the demon if possible (and you're willing to eat a loss turn 1). With 18/12 hp to chew through those are fantastic targets. I can deal with the wind demons when they happear without RNG fuckery anyway.

I would like to keep one demon's attention on me though, so if we decide to execute one then Ash should go play with the archers this turn.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I can deploy to A8, which will put Ash in either B8 or B9. He's going to charge forward one way or another; I am just thinking if he's a hex or two back at the start, there is a chance he'll end up as less of a pincushion if I go later. As soon as my turn starts, if I'm on the left side, Ash will run to B7.

I plan to power up the bear and then wreck the elite demon some, but poor Ash is almost inevitably gonna be hurting. I will probably go mid-round to hopefully avoid some archer fire. This round and next round, I am confident in my ability to put out enough hurt that the Elite Earth Demon will be in a world of pain.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

Explode the demon if possible (and you're willing to eat a loss turn 1). With 18/12 hp to chew through those are fantastic targets. I can deal with the wind demons when they happear without RNG fuckery anyway.

I would like to keep one demon's attention on me though, so if we decide to execute one then Ash should go play with the archers this turn.
I would not recommend executing even an elite earth demon this round; they are not all that scary, and I think we can manage it. The downside is that Splinter would lose, like, four active rounds from the loss card. Your call, though, AtomikKrab.

Ash needs a setup round to go super saiyan, and I can't see a world in which he'll pick an archer for his focus, unfortunately, even if the elite demon explodes. lmk if I am missing something? At best, the 2nd demon will be the focus.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Double reminder that:
A) Cranium Overload can't insta-kill elites (only normal monsters) and
B) Ash is beholden to the normal AI rules, so he won't go for the Archers if a Demon is closer.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They're really handy for poison / wound removal.

The Bear dying is roughly equivalent to any other character dying and shouldn't happen until right near the end of the scenario if at all.

Of vital note: the Beast Tyrant can lose cards to prevent damage to the bear, just like losing cards to prevent damage to a character. This will come up sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Right. Ash is gonna go where Ash is gonna go. At best I can command him to go somewhere else afterwards, but that's kind of a waste in most circumstances. Best to just let him tear his focus apart and plan around it.

(e: and please don't use a loss card turn 1 to kill a normal earth demon, it's not remotely worth it imo. Between splinter and Ash we can lay out more than enough raw damage.)