Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

so I kind of stopped playing this immediately after finishing Morrowind, I want to say a couple of months before Summerset came out.I loved the Goon community but feel like I maybe got everything I was going to get out of the game?

I guess I'm wondering what I'd get out of coming back for the two more recent expansions, I liked the Morrowind content a lot but can't be arsed getting back into the MMO mindset and learning rotations and stuff again. I dunno. Someone sell me on it if you can be bothered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Nah, everything kinda sucks atm, come back later

Candrr
Nov 29, 2018
Can I get a guild invite on the NA server for @Candrr please?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Candrr posted:

Can I get a guild invite on the NA server for @Candrr please?
Invite sent.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I liked the Morrowind content a lot but can't be arsed getting back into the MMO mindset and learning rotations and stuff again.

The story content is always solid, and the next DLC wraps up this year's story with some cool new stuff from the sounds of it. However, the current combat devs are absolute idiots and are currently (and constantly) making GBS threads up combat from every angle. If you can't be arsed to learn a rotation, you're in luck - as it stands on the PTS your "rotation" will be a total of 3-4 buttons with a bunch of other crap slotted for buffs only. Great stuff. :rolleyes:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Beefeater posted:

as it stands on the PTS your "rotation" will be a total of 3-4 buttons with a bunch of other crap slotted for buffs only. Great stuff. :rolleyes:

at last, now everyone can live that magsorc lifestyle

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i liked the clockwork city

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The zones and story content are solid, it's just like Beefeater said, the combat devs are a bunch of loving idiots that constantly rubberband between metas in an attempt to balance the game. And that really puts a wet rag over the rest of the game, honestly.

Watching Gilliam unironically say "I have 400 days of playtime so I know what I'm talking about" made me cringe so hard, and almost made me wish that Wrobel never got fired.

...Almost

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Yep. I'm really, really loving tired of spending buckets of gold and transmute stones every three months because those two morons can't decide what balance is. And the extreme nature of the changes they make from one patch to the next is totally loving nuts.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I wish his t-shirt read "400 DAYS".

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
it's weird seeing devs doing the same mistakes the devs of Everquest did back in 1997

seriously, after 5 years of the player base making GBS threads themselves and beating each other up at cons they finally realized that to balance for pvp certain spells just did less damage

dots are meant to be big huge fuckoff bombs if you can live long enough for them to do their job in pve, but in pvp they did half damage

guess what almost everyone was happy with it

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
They buffed dots an ungodly amount last patch, were told during feedback that it was terrible, did it anyway, found out it was indeed terrible. So now their response is to nerf them so badly that no one will use them and reduce rotations to literally 3-4 skills.

It's like watching kids gently caress around with a chemistry set hoping they don't blow up the garage.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
As a new player I've been playing through the game single player as a Necro and many of my skills are dots. I've hit level 37 and it's been somewhat easy at times, and challenging at others. Honestly, it's been almost perfect. If I get caught off guard a pack of three mobs would kill me before I could recover. I haven't done any group content, just pure storyline and world quests / crafting. This is so much like Oblivion and Skyrim as a single player experience I wouldn't touch a drat thing and leave it as-is. There have been several boss battles where I've won by the skin of my teeth, which is what you want as a dev.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Dude you’re not even playing the game yet. Chill.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Yeah you need to have replayed all content 10 times and actively hate the game for not having enough content for your 10th millenium of hours played. Get out of here you!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Pivo posted:

Dude you’re not even playing the game yet. Chill.

Nah, this is the game for me. I have no ambition to do anything guild/raid related. I did my time in EQ/WoW. No more. I appreciate the multiplayer aspect for everything else tho!

I'm happy being the dirty casual.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 26, 2019

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

"Wow the weather has really been poo poo the past couple of weeks."

"Yeah, totally. Has it ever been this bad? I mean, alternating snow and freezing rain nonstop for this long, that's gotta be a record."

quote:

Well I'm perfectly happy with not going outside at all, in fact I quite enjoy it indoors. I've gone outdoors before, and I am not looking to do that again. As far as the weather goes, I think it's fantastic. I wouldn't change this weather at all - I want it to continue just the way it is, but I'm still not going to go outside in it.
:goonsay:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Philthy posted:

Nah, this is the game for me. I have no ambition to do anything guild/raid related. I did my time in EQ/WoW. No more. I appreciate the multiplayer aspect for everything else tho!

As another filthy casual, I’m glad you’re liking it! :respek:

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

valuum posted:

Yeah you need to have replayed all content 10 times and actively hate the game for not having enough content for your 10th millenium of hours played. Get out of here you!

Real talk - ive never completed Gold Content, Craglorn, or half the quests in the oval office rear end AD storyline. I have done exactly 1 quest in Elsweyr, and it was Veteran Sunspire. And yet, I can say without a doubt in my mind that the questing in this game is easily the best of any MMO ive ever played. At last check i think I have around 4 months total time played on my Magblade main. Questing is not the problem with this game, If casual (or serious) questing is your jam, this game has it.

Unfortunately it has a shitload of serious issues and a rudderless dev team intent on punishing skill and determination with random bullshittery outside of quests and simple dungeon diving.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

DoriDori240 posted:

Real talk - ive never completed Gold Content, Craglorn, or half the quests in the oval office rear end AD storyline. I have done exactly 1 quest in Elsweyr, and it was Veteran Sunspire. And yet, I can say without a doubt in my mind that the questing in this game is easily the best of any MMO ive ever played. At last check i think I have around 4 months total time played on my Magblade main. Questing is not the problem with this game, If casual (or serious) questing is your jam, this game has it.

Unfortunately it has a shitload of serious issues and a rudderless dev team intent on punishing skill and determination with random bullshittery outside of quests and simple dungeon diving.

Oh definitely, agreeing with all of this. I just couldnt stand the elitist snobbery in the other post, getting flashbacks to 2004.

Philthy posted:

:hfive:

I'm such a dirty casual now, I joined a housing guild!

LeoBattard
Sep 27, 2019

Beefeater posted:

Yep. I'm really, really loving tired of spending buckets of gold and transmute stones every three months because those two morons can't decide what balance is. And the extreme nature of the changes they make from one patch to the next is totally loving nuts.

I hear you. I don't think I'll be sinking much time into gear grinds from now on.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Just getting back into the game to check out Necro and elsewhyr, but never unsubbed. What do I do with this 11k eso funbux I've got now? Planning on picking up thieves and dark brotherhood, but what else?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Silly Newbie posted:

Just getting back into the game to check out Necro and elsewhyr, but never unsubbed. What do I do with this 11k eso funbux I've got now? Planning on picking up thieves and dark brotherhood, but what else?

You on PC NA? If so shoot me a message to @Heatnix90 ingame, I will make you a rich person.

Dumbfire Rocketman
Jul 30, 2009

a drunk european baby
is putting u in ur place

Silly Newbie posted:

Get yourself a bank assistant. There are alfiq ones available now and Ezabi is no thief. Thank Azura one thousand times.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Well, like, Ezabi probably is a thief, but she will never rob you.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Dumbfire Rocketman posted:

Get yourself a bank assistant. There are alfiq ones available now and Ezabi is no thief. Thank Azura one thousand times.
I was thinking, bank, shop, or both. I feel like I might get more mileage out of the shop.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

A banker is so much more useful that I've now bought both bankers, and never even gave serious consideration to buying either merchant.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Is the EU guild still active? I'm almost level 50, wouldn't mind having people to draw on for dungeons and rambling non sequiturs.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

doomfunk posted:

Well, like, Ezabi probably is a thief, but she will never rob you.
Would you steal from an employer that has personally killed several thousand people?

Erz
Sep 9, 2004
Hey could i get an invite to the NA guild please. My username is @ERZone

Thanks!

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Would you steal from an employer that has personally killed several thousand people?

I'd love to say I do that every day, but really what I'm doing is "not that".

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Silly Newbie posted:

Buy one of the huge pre-furnished housing options meant for a whole guild so you can tack on $100 when you sell your account of player auctions.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Silly Newbie posted:

If you've got access to Elsewhyr shouldn't you automatically have TG and DB?

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Inspector 34 posted:

If you've got access to Elsewhyr shouldn't you automatically have TG and DB?

I actually have no idea, I've forgotten how the different types of extra content in this game work.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Silly Newbie posted:

I actually have no idea, I've forgotten how the different types of extra content in this game work.

If you're still subbed to ESO+ you get auto access to DLC like Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. Chapters like Elsweyr you need to buy with irl money.

BTW my offer still stands, my gold for your crowns.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

For you PC/NA Goons

Moleboy
Apr 20, 2011

Looksy
-Hindsight-

Looking Back, I am sure of 2 things:
1. I should have found the thread before it finished
2. Grimper may have actually done one or two things wrong
Can I get an NA invite for @Moleboy2001 when someone has a chance? Thanks!

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Scyantific posted:

If you're still subbed to ESO+ you get auto access to DLC like Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. Chapters like Elsweyr you need to buy with irl money.

BTW my offer still stands, my gold for your crowns.

Oh neat.
Also, gold is useful for basically houses and stuff, right? I'm never getting anywhere near endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Can someone explain to me, why putting these higher health items on makes me lose 811 maximum health?