Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My current crop of t3s are cap, Carol, spidy, Jean, Sharon Rogers and Luna if that helps. I'll probably do strange then as I still haven't gotten Reed to +25 on all his gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
No Deadpool? He's top tier for every mode. He's especially useful for world bosses and timeline, since when paired with Colossus, Jean can't kill him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Off the top of my head I'd rank my T3s:

Marvel > Deadpool > Fantastic > Luna > Sharon > Cap > Thor > Magneto > Panther > Iron Man > Spidey

I just got Cyclops T3rd. He's wearing the old Age of Apocalypse costume and I find him kind of soft outside of the kill beam. I took him for a spin against Ebony 1 in WBU where the beam was useless but once I got the T3 skill charged it killed Ebony real quick. I think with the Phoenix Five costume he might be really strong maybe at least around Sharon/Luna level. Sure, you lose the kill beam but from what I've used of him in World Event and Danger Room it seems worth the trade off for the extra skills.

I have Strange, Wolverine, Jean, Thanos, and Ant-Man all at 4/25. Its just a matter of getting the fragments and I never have the will power to wait. It will be tough resisting T3ing Ant-Man if a new "cheap" option hasn't come along by then like Cyclops did. But I'm sure there will be someone.

The next MCU film isn't until Black Widow in May so its a crapshoot who will get the rub between now and then. I look forward to T3 Shang Chi and Jane Foster in 2021.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobmcdynamite posted:

No Deadpool? He's top tier for every mode. He's especially useful for world bosses and timeline, since when paired with Colossus, Jean can't kill him.

Oh yea I have Deadpool too.

And yea i'm curious what the next few months are going to have because there aren't any really major characters missing, the biggest one I can name off the top of my head is Spider-Woman.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Pick a side to join!"
*Picks X-Men*
"Sorry, you can't join X-Men!"

It's not really a choice now, is it?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

"Pick a side to join!"
*Picks X-Men*

also nothing you do will influence who wins the event so its a literal coinflip!

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

Dawgstar posted:

"Pick a side to join!"
*Picks X-Men*

AHHHH, okay, I was going to ask who I should join. The X-Men, on the grounds that the Inhumans were always kinda stupid even though Ms. Marvel is cool? Or the Inhumans, on the grounds that everyone prefers the X-Men?

If it's moot, it's mutie

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I was offered only X-Men, but when I clicked them they said oh no an Inhuman spy has made it so I can't join the X-Men. It asked if I wanted to join Inhumans instead, so I said no. It took me back to the selection screen with only Inhumans choosable this time. It was 51% inhumans v 49% X-Men.

As for new T3s and new characters I could see Professor X being added. Carnage may get a T3 since he has an event going and there are plenty of symbiotes to add as new chars or costumes. Mr. Sinister is one of the last big x-villains to add, with Nimrod and the phalanx. I'm still holding out hope for an Immortal Hulk patch with hulk T3 and some new chars/costumes. A mojoverse event with Mojo, Spiral, Longshot, Shatterstar, and any number of x-baby costumes could be fun too if they decide to go there but there's no synergy with anything at the moment, it's just one of my old favorites.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Dazzler, we need Dazzler.

Also the rest of the new mutants. Though I be they were saving that for when the movie came out.

What was I thinking? Of course I can't use a xgene selector on kitty.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 30, 2019

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
Just started playing again and there's a LOT to relearn. However, if I could have Deadpool, Gwenpool, and Hydra Bob as the ultimate jackass team up, I would be a happy man.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

bagrada posted:

I was offered only X-Men, but when I clicked them they said oh no an Inhuman spy has made it so I can't join the X-Men. It asked if I wanted to join Inhumans instead, so I said no. It took me back to the selection screen with only Inhumans choosable this time. It was 51% inhumans v 49% X-Men.

As for new T3s and new characters I could see Professor X being added. Carnage may get a T3 since he has an event going and there are plenty of symbiotes to add as new chars or costumes. Mr. Sinister is one of the last big x-villains to add, with Nimrod and the phalanx. I'm still holding out hope for an Immortal Hulk patch with hulk T3 and some new chars/costumes. A mojoverse event with Mojo, Spiral, Longshot, Shatterstar, and any number of x-baby costumes could be fun too if they decide to go there but there's no synergy with anything at the moment, it's just one of my old favorites.

I would love to have Professor X wheeling around Ebony Maw in circles.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

A surfing dog?! posted:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

A surfing dog?! posted:

MODOK's in the game, Prof X isn't too much different. Give him his shi'ar hoverchair or whatever, then just have him zip around holding his fingers to his forehead while mindbeams hit the enemy and you're all set, new blast T3. You can even add a 1 second animation to the beginning and end of combat of it all taking place on the astral plane or something ala Legion, but I don't think it needs to go that far. I just watched Dark Phoenix which had him in the big fights a couple of times, though he mostly did crowd control.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Or do when he could walk?

I'm disappointed Illyana's costume doesn't improve her that much. Maybe Namors will be better, as when I've seen Namor he's been pretty solid.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I'm disappointed Illyana's costume doesn't improve her that much.

glad to hear that cos i hate getting costumes for paywall characters

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Going by YouTube, Illyana and Namor's costumes will either be trash or game-breaking, and if you have a preference just wait.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So it won't be long until I can complete one of the epic quests - either Wolverine, Dr. Strange, or Deadpool. I'm on the "3 rank 6 black anti-matter" step for all of them, and I don't think there's anything significant besides that left for finishing them (and this is confirmed for Deadpool). Grinding up the gold to do the BAM stuff (and maybe the BAM itself; might not have enough Rank 1 ones for 9 Rank 6's) takes a while, but I'm getting somewhat close to getting 3 (getting 1 from a Deadpool quest was a nice boost).

I'm leaning towards Deadpool or Dr. Strange, since both are already pretty strong and I have their costumes (since I read they were strong with them). I like Dr. Strange a bit more as a character, but I already have a couple strong T2 Blast guys (Iron Man and Psylocke). Spider-man is my only T2 speed person, so Deadpool might make more sense from a gameplay perspective.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Deadpool is definitely my favorite out of them, especially at T3. Strange is the easy 2nd and Wolverine is meh but a solid roster pick when you're still growing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Illyana may have been dissapointing, but Kitty is pretty good at T2. She was able to take down WBU PM and CG. Well, she died to PM but that was more due to me not being careful to avoid her instant no warning death spikes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

Deadpool is definitely my favorite out of them, especially at T3. Strange is the easy 2nd and Wolverine is meh but a solid roster pick when you're still growing.

Yeah, all 3 would probably be valuable to you at this stage but Deadpool's definitely the best of the bunch. Strong speed characters are plentiful in the game but Deadpool's the best and one of the best physical attackers. Very valuable in both World Boss and Timeline. Its probably not your concern at this stage but he's carrying me in Timeline this week with like every other one of my weapons banned.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

So it won't be long until I can complete one of the epic quests - either Wolverine, Dr. Strange, or Deadpool. I'm on the "3 rank 6 black anti-matter" step for all of them, and I don't think there's anything significant besides that left for finishing them (and this is confirmed for Deadpool). Grinding up the gold to do the BAM stuff (and maybe the BAM itself; might not have enough Rank 1 ones for 9 Rank 6's) takes a while, but I'm getting somewhat close to getting 3 (getting 1 from a Deadpool quest was a nice boost).

I'm leaning towards Deadpool or Dr. Strange, since both are already pretty strong and I have their costumes (since I read they were strong with them). I like Dr. Strange a bit more as a character, but I already have a couple strong T2 Blast guys (Iron Man and Psylocke). Spider-man is my only T2 speed person, so Deadpool might make more sense from a gameplay perspective.

Do you have Magneto at T2? The only reason it's not a slam dunk for Deadpool is if you can get to Jean Grey soon and get her operational, but they are both extremely useful in every game mode. Deadpool wasn't great for me until he hit T3 though, whereas Jean is overpowered at 60 and 70.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's true. Wolverine gets you closer to Jean. Its the only reason I'd give him the bump, if you're willing to spend/save for Magneto. Those three could arguably be more valuable at a lower/mid level even though Deadpool is the no brainer end game choice.

Its hard to really go wrong with the call, even if you just ignore game and go for your favorite. All of them should be of SOME use. There was a time I relied heavily on Strange and Wolvie.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The only native T2 I've gotten nothing out of is Supernova, and I vaguely remember the previous thread or reddit praising her as a striker when she popped out and did her best skill.

Liking the chars goes a long way to add to your enjoyment of the game when they aren't completely terrible. I'm torn on T3ing Luna because I don't like her, she's not from the comics (though she has her own now I guess), and she's good enough as is for the tiers of WBU I farm. But she probably is the most powerful of my options. I'm delaying my choice by saving up the 1600 ccf for Thanos and hoping someone new and cool comes out instead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I have Falcon to rank #7 and have invested a ton of resources into him even though her provides me almost no game benefit. And I don't regret it at all.

I'm also always championing Mr. Fantastic and even though I legitimately think he's top tier I can't deny that its also my FF childhood fanboyism. I'm also planning to work the rest of the FF up to 70 next just because. And I keep using Thing in WBU even though there are better options. Its a game and I like them.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

bagrada posted:

Do you have Magneto at T2? The only reason it's not a slam dunk for Deadpool is if you can get to Jean Grey soon and get her operational, but they are both extremely useful in every game mode. Deadpool wasn't great for me until he hit T3 though, whereas Jean is overpowered at 60 and 70.

Nope. Doesn't she require T2 for all the Wolverine epic quest X-men characters? The full list of level 60+ T2s (no T3s) I have is:

Captain America
Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Psylocke
Spider-man
Sharon Rogers (obviously)

I'm nowhere close to getting any T3s and basically just trying to build a roster of good T2s. On the non-epic quest front, I'm currently trying to get Luna Snow and Gambit to T2.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jean requires Magneto, Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Storm, and Beast at T2, yeah. But they're all actually pretty easy to T2 in the big picture without using tickets. The Tracking Missions give out 1:1 bios and you always cap out on mutant resources anyway so you might as well use them. The costly part is getting Magneto, but once you do you get a ton of his bios too and can T2 him fairly quickly if you just do the missions each day.

That was more of a no brainer when they first showed up and they were the only X-Men/mutants in the game. So like there was literally nothing you could do with Phoenix Feathers or the crystals except T2 them. Now there's tons of other, better mutants plus the Level 70 enhancements so the math is different but Jean's still one of the top tier characters and is ultimately worth it. And the rest are all good enough to like help you in Shadowland or something.

But you should definitely do what you'll get the most fun out of. Strange will undoubtedly be a big player for you with that lineup if that's the route you choose, even if long run there's less pros from him than the other two.

Although the fact that you already have Psylock at T2 also adds the variable that getting Deadpool to T2 gets you close to Stryfe. I think that requires Cable T2? That might take you awhile but he'd be another asset. Like I said, you can't really make a wrong choice here.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah cyke rogue beast storm magneto all T2 for Jean so that's a ways off. Deadpool, Luna and Gambit all look good based on your list then. If you have the crystals for a costume during this sale or next, consider Winter Soldier too, to help round out your team. He's cheap since he's an early story character, and is really good with an infinity war costume.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I actually have Ronin Hawkeye over Winter Soldier at this stage. I might have Endgame Black Widow over him too.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'll give them a try. I just hit 5 on winter soldier against UWB Corvus and Proxima and watch the hp bars melt away.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I do the same with Ronin's 4. I think its faster and takes a little less dancing, but they're pretty close. I just give Ronin the slight edge.

Widow's probably a little more dancing and button combination so she's probably 3.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Jean requires Magneto, Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Storm, and Beast at T2, yeah. But they're all actually pretty easy to T2 in the big picture without using tickets. The Tracking Missions give out 1:1 bios and you always cap out on mutant resources anyway so you might as well use them. The costly part is getting Magneto, but once you do you get a ton of his bios too and can T2 him fairly quickly if you just do the missions each day.

That was more of a no brainer when they first showed up and they were the only X-Men/mutants in the game. So like there was literally nothing you could do with Phoenix Feathers or the crystals except T2 them. Now there's tons of other, better mutants plus the Level 70 enhancements so the math is different but Jean's still one of the top tier characters and is ultimately worth it. And the rest are all good enough to like help you in Shadowland or something.

But you should definitely do what you'll get the most fun out of. Strange will undoubtedly be a big player for you with that lineup if that's the route you choose, even if long run there's less pros from him than the other two.

Although the fact that you already have Psylock at T2 also adds the variable that getting Deadpool to T2 gets you close to Stryfe. I think that requires Cable T2? That might take you awhile but he'd be another asset. Like I said, you can't really make a wrong choice here.

I fortunately have the X-men epic quest upgrade thingy, and as a result I have a metric fuckton of Magneto x-genes. Magneto and Psylocke X-genes have basically funded the leveling up of World Boss characters (though only to 40 for now, since I obviously need the BAM for epic quests).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, getting Jean leveled is quite the job of work. I wish they could just let me have Biometrics for her since if I get like a selector for 100 that's where they go. It would just save some time, since those Hydro Mans or whatever I pick are just going to keep pushing her up to 60 anyway.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yep. Sucks. I just got enough CCF to T3 Carol, but I need twice that to T3 Jean. So I've got to sit there knowing I could T3 Carol right now for the weeks it will take to double my count.

There is no real increase in CCF drops for doing higher levels of WBU is there?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not that I've noticed. It just seems like the Booty box that changes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Yep. Sucks. I just got enough CCF to T3 Carol, but I need twice that to T3 Jean. So I've got to sit there knowing I could T3 Carol right now for the weeks it will take to double my count.

There is no real increase in CCF drops for doing higher levels of WBU is there?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D3FHKt2jfZRJ2pHT5hNoHgp7XeHyWHVRC5rRErxC56g/edit#gid=58154167

at level 1 you get 7-22 ccfs, at 30 you get 9-27, and thats where it tops out. it doesnt seem like much but it does add up, thats around 25% more ccfs. plus drops from the reward chests but im not sure how much they increase

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

also thanos has two chances at ccf dropping when its his boss bonus day so dont skip thanos day

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh i did not know switching prizes cost crystals, luckily i got the CCF after 3 rolls.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Ugh i did not know switching prizes cost crystals, luckily i got the CCF after 3 rolls.

for future ref you get a free one every day so its probably best to do that daily until the last day or two, and then spend the crystals to roll if you want

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I keep rolling the free one new every day hoping I get a good prize. I didn't use any of my tokens for a few days figuring I'd save them in case the big one comes. But today I burned some until it got to big costs just so I didn't end up with a ton of extra ones when it was over. If I don't have the big prize on the last day I'll just grab whatever I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I keep rolling the free one new every day hoping I get a good prize. I didn't use any of my tokens for a few days figuring I'd save them in case the big one comes. But today I burned some until it got to big costs just so I didn't end up with a ton of extra ones when it was over. If I don't have the big prize on the last day I'll just grab whatever I got.

this is my plan too. i got mythic card as my big prize on the first day tho so i went for it