Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dropped a podcast episode before heading on vacation to Japan. Ryan, Scotty and I talk about CMLL Aniversario and King of Pro Wrestling. We also talk generally about the state of CMLL. Funny thing is, this was recorded before Rush and Dragon Lee were fired. We may cut a quick episode tonight talking about the state of CMLL if I can squeeze it in tonight before I fly out tomorrow.

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-13-cmll-aniversario-and-njpw-kopw/

https://open.spotify.com/episode/772YPCHZM20mtHASkAbIWq?si=_cBKmENvQweeKvd4ozM27w

I'm also going to do a Rudos in Japan vlog of KOPW in Sumo Hall, possibly Koruaken and other famous wrestling venues in Japan while I'm over there. I'll post them on YouTube so check them out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCjbryDgblqnkOh6ZFxftoGQ

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yeah Drew in PWG sold me so hard on him that I have to agree with Dave. Not to mention that most of Lance Archers career has been a joke about his tramp stamp. He’s stepped it up a lot recently though. Drew is the complete package.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Drew is capable of a five star match, Lance is not.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

Which would you recommend for iOS?
Overcast is my personal favorite.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sleepwalkers posted:

Overcast is my personal favorite.
:same:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Drew is capable of a five star match, Lance is not.

Lance has come closer this year. (His match with Ospreay was 4-4.25 easily)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lance Archer loving rules but I completely agree that Drew is the better big man wrestler. This is in no way, shape or form an indictment on Lance. Drew is loving great.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Drew Galloway is a really good wrestler, Drew McIntyre is trapped in a lovely prison.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Drew in a G1 would be insanely good.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Judging Drew off his WWE work is like judging Moxley off his. The order is just reversed.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I like Drew and his sexy muscles. I wish he worked somewhere else.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Prazak's baaaaaaaaackkkkk, and bettaaaa than evaaaah:

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1178537498651353088

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1178694385917202433

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The first real episode of Wrestlesplania without Kath dropped and I don’t like it :( Who are these people and why should I care

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

are you guys going to cover Mark Maddens firing at the end of 2000 over the hotline/WON interview thing

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

extradite THIS! posted:

The first real episode of Wrestlesplania without Kath dropped and I don’t like it :( Who are these people and why should I care

Yeah that's p much my feeling about it too. I just started listening to What A Time To Be Alive instead

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Drew is too pretty to be a big man.

Lance looks like he’s a dog eared bible away from eating someone’s heart. Like the first I ever saw the Road Warriors.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So what exactly is the schedule change for Bryan and Vinny? I haven't been able to listen to Sunday's show yet.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CascadeBeta posted:

So what exactly is the schedule change for Bryan and Vinny? I haven't been able to listen to Sunday's show yet.

Granny’s moving to Sunday, Thursday is AEW/NXT

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

jesus WEP posted:

Granny’s moving to Sunday, Thursday is AEW/NXT

Ah cool, thanks!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

are you guys going to cover Mark Maddens firing at the end of 2000 over the hotline/WON interview thing
I didn't hear anything about this at the time. What happened?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LividLiquid posted:

I didn't hear anything about this at the time. What happened?

Madden got fired for supposedly giving an unauthorized interview to the WON at the end of 2000 when in reality Dave was summarizing whatever the latest news that Madden had put on the WCW Hotline.

There were shots at the company's direction iirc, which makes it funnier since youd think someone would have read the script before OKing for the hoine.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Huh. Weird. Thank you.

Madden's a piece of poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
there will be a festival when Mark Madden dies.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Within the first month of living in Pittsburgh I was sitting at a bar and heard someone being loudly racist behind me, it was Mark Madden.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Big Huski Boi posted:

Within the first month of living in Pittsburgh I was sitting at a bar and heard someone being loudly racist behind me, it was Mark Madden.

If you’re not the same person who shared this before then there are multiple people on this forum who have run into Mark Madden being a jackass at a bar

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

If you’re not the same person who shared this before then there are multiple people on this forum who have run into Mark Madden being a jackass at a bar

It was probably me tbh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

I ran into him at a pub in the southside where he was watching a Chelsea game drunk at like 10 am but he wasn’t really being a douche or anything

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

I ran into him at a pub in the southside where he was watching a Chelsea game drunk at like 10 am but he wasn’t really being a douche or anything

My story also occurred at Piper's. I thought he was a Liverpool fan though.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

What really sucks is that when the podcast was Kath and Rachel I appreciated Rachel's contribution, but the idea of a podcast without Kath (and hunktears) as guiding forces seems like something I just can't get into. Then I saw the video of the part of the podcast I had the most trouble getting into (the interactions with indie wrestlers) being made more central to the function of it and I've kind of fully checked out.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coconono posted:

there will be a festival when Mark Madden dies.
The festival will just be two people sitting across from one another at dinner, both looking at their phones. One will say 'hey, remember Mark Madden from WCW? He died." and the next person will just let out a noncommittal "hrm."

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

I had the opposite reaction, Worldwide is a fun guy to listen to.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LividLiquid posted:

The festival will just be two people sitting across from one another at dinner, both looking at their phones. One will say 'hey, remember Mark Madden from WCW? He died." and the next person will just let out a noncommittal "hrm."

And it will be the Madden family reunion

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

karmicknight posted:

What really sucks is that when the podcast was Kath and Rachel I appreciated Rachel's contribution, but the idea of a podcast without Kath (and hunktears) as guiding forces seems like something I just can't get into. Then I saw the video of the part of the podcast I had the most trouble getting into (the interactions with indie wrestlers) being made more central to the function of it and I've kind of fully checked out.

It doesn't help that Rachel can be really annoying when she doesn't have a personality like Kath to reign her in.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Big Huski Boi posted:

My story also occurred at Piper's. I thought he was a Liverpool fan though.

That would make sense. I wanna say Liverpool played earlier that morning but I honestly don’t remember. My sister used to live by the Southside giant eagle and we walked up to Piper’s for brunch. He was already pretty plastered when we got there and the Chelsea game was like 20 mins in.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Lol jesus this guy on Wrestlesplania is loving unbearable

Edit: fuckin, lol, fuckin jesus, fuckin, this guy, fuckin, on Wrestlesplania like, fuckin, is fuckin, loving unbearable

illcendiary fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 1, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

LividLiquid posted:

nah it'll mostly be hockey reporters relieved they don't have to listen to his armchair journalistic analysis(aka farts coming out his dumb rear end mouth), and the numerous women he's sexually harassed over the years.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Kiki the cat made a run in on the last Fumi show, making it the best show on F4W/WO

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

HidaO-Win posted:

There is a difficulty in discussing genetic factors that can contribute to a particular ethnicity doing really well at certain sports. You can end up sounding like eugenicist or some Fox News nutter. However it is a factor, for a less potentially fraught example look up hip displasia in Polish and Eastern European genomes and how many of the great Olympic lifters are from that area. Socioeconomic factors also make their way in, but genetics has a hell of a lot of correlation.

I'm stealing that bit about hip displasia for my fb slapfight about trans athletes thx.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Web Jew.0 posted:

I'm stealing that bit about hip displasia for my fb slapfight about trans athletes thx.
i have a better idea for you wrt this and every slapfight on facebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
don't use facebook. at best its a russian datamining operation and at worst its an online front for whitepower recruitment