Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

bird food bathtub posted:

If you're just a groomsman nothing much. Mostly stand around and take up space for pictures, possibly some set-up/tear down and group organization duties. It's man of honor that gets to do all the public speaking and poo poo.

Makes sense, just figured I'd ask in case there was any ~tradition~ stuff that I should be prepared for. Definitely ok just showing up and moving stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Makes sense, just figured I'd ask in case there was any ~tradition~ stuff that I should be prepared for. Definitely ok just showing up and moving stuff.

You might have to speak, I did at the last one I was in. The whole bridal party had to

bengy81
May 8, 2010

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Be the best bro in the whole group and show up with a bunch of whiskey, blow, and beta blockers.

Or if you are too "mature" for that kind of monkey business, maybe buy a box of nice cigars to pass around during the reception, everybody always appreciates that and it will buy you a ton of brownie points.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Well techincally I was part of El Mags wedding only because his best man got held up by a hurricane. So I held a cardboard cut out of him and his wife had a bride-dude.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bengy81 posted:

Be the best bro in the whole group and show up with a bunch of whiskey, blow, and beta blockers.

Or if you are too "mature" for that kind of monkey business, maybe buy a box of nice cigars to pass around during the reception, everybody always appreciates that and it will buy you a ton of brownie points.

I never did coke but I do take heroic amounts of beta blockers for a heart condition.

They’re not something I’d recommend recreationally, and uh, I guess I don’t know why you’d take them that way.

I mean I’ve heard of elite musical performers and poo poo taking them to lessen tremor/shaking and anxiety w/o a benzo. I’m not sure what coke and hookers + beta blockers leads to. Does blow just make your heart race so the beta blockers mellow that effect? Seems dangerous. Then again, your doing blow already. Safety may not be a concern.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I never did coke but I do take heroic amounts of beta blockers for a heart condition.

They’re not something I’d recommend recreationally, and uh, I guess I don’t know why you’d take them that way.

I mean I’ve heard of elite musical performers and poo poo taking them to lessen tremor/shaking and anxiety w/o a benzo. I’m not sure what coke and hookers + beta blockers leads to. Does blow just make your heart race so the beta blockers mellow that effect? Seems dangerous. Then again, your doing blow already. Safety may not be a concern.

1. The beta blockers help with the anxiety for guys that have to speak, but don't do it regularly. I wouldn't recommend mixing anything, and I'm way to out of it to gently caress with coke anymore. Give everybody a choice on their favorite vice you know?

1.5 Coke never did much for me, it was fun, but I never felt Ron White levels of "ON" like people talk about, but that's might be more about the quality of the coke than anything else.

2. Also it was mostly a bad joke.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I am curious if Jack was insinuating it was weird/bad to have the opposite gender in those roles

Cause gently caress standards and traditions, namaste

No, IIRC what made him memorable was that he was a nebbish who was clearly in love with the bride.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

McNally posted:

I've added a new GIP rule just for you, Duzzy.

Hey McDilz, you may not be my dad, but I have decided to heed your sage advice

Reaper-processing to commence within the hour, this may still claim my life, latex gloves notwithstanding. It was nice serving posting rear end with you all

/edit:
As I post this, I noticed I bought Size 'M'

What a great omen for the efforts to come :lol:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 30, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Yeah I got smart a few years ago and started using gloves when I did anything with hot peppers.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

once while making chili i wiped my brow and i sweat into my eyes. seriously was blind at that point and i had to wait until dark my way up to the shower to try and rinse it out.

gloves are a good idea. just keep an eye out for that too, herr duzzy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I never got hotter than habanero in the food truck, but I always wore gloves when handling them. You get enough juice on bare skin and it'll leave a burn akin to a sunburn. I would imagine reapers are far more uncomfortable. Probably more like pepper spray on bare skin.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I plan on cooking up a couple of small bottles of sauce with one batch of literally JUST loving REAPERS to hand something to my brother-in-law that'll take his pants off other than - I assume - my sister, and then cooking up two more separate batches.

One regular sauce with Red Habaneros and a healthy helping of red peppers, and a really sweet BBQ style sauce with dark beer and my Chocolate Habaneros. Since the latter also pack a hell of a punch, I'm gonna have to be really conservative with the chilis I guess. I'm planning on prepping the sauce for the REAPER BLOOD before adding the chilis, because there's no feasible option for me to taste the sauce as I'm making it...which just occurred to me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nitrile gloves are great to have in any house.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I plan on cooking up a couple of small bottles of sauce with one batch of literally JUST loving REAPERS to hand something to my brother-in-law that'll take his pants off other than - I assume - my sister, and then cooking up two more separate batches.

One regular sauce with Red Habaneros and a healthy helping of red peppers, and a really sweet BBQ style sauce with dark beer and my Chocolate Habaneros. Since the latter also pack a hell of a punch, I'm gonna have to be really conservative with the chilis I guess. I'm planning on prepping the sauce for the REAPER BLOOD before adding the chilis, because there's no feasible option for me to taste the sauce as I'm making it...which just occurred to me.

i would really appreciate it you made one bottle in honor of america, and just go full german making it as american as possible, name and label wise

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

lol, god help me

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Isnt Schwarz "dick" in German?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

lol, god help me

I have never actually seen a food picture look menacing before. :stare:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Soulex posted:

N instead of r. Think 'swarthy' in this case.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Alright, done with the garlic, next up are the lemons

No, I'm totally not procrastinating the scary ingredients, gently caress you

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A Facbook acquaintance just informed me that I cheaped out on the apple vinegar, and that this would most definitely affect the outcome on my finished product.

I don't even know what to say.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm sure there's a german equivalent to "suck my dick from the back".

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

"Lutsch meinen Schwanz von hinten"?

Also, I should have included NBC-gear in my preparations, holy loving poo poo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"Lutsch meinen Schwanz von hinten"?

Also, I should have included NBC-gear in my preparations, holy loving poo poo

Get a chemical hood or media blasting cabinet you lunatic.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It just occurred to me that I can basically throw away this bamboo cutting board?

I also feel extremely other-than-good about this:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Blow it out your rear end, Duzzy

And live post while you’re doing it because it’s probably gonna be a while.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy's Dinge brennt

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Soulex posted:

If that were true, General Schwarzkopf would have had the funniest name in U.S. military history.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I guess I can not longer enter my kitchen

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What a successful endeavour this has been, oh my days

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Goonspeed, you crazy bastard. :patriot:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've turned on the ventilator in my bathroom to "extract" the devil-air that I have been facing when attempting to enter my kitchen, and feel like this is a good moment to make an executive decision.
I'm gonna let the maelstrom of madness sit in my kitchen until the morrow and then I'll attempt to "defuse" slash process it.

I dragged up the bottles that I meant to turn into gifts for my family / work colleagues and while I'm somewhat hyped to fill and label them, the whole issue of "choking to death upon entering my kitchen" has motivated me to postpone my bottling-aspirations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I
d also like to take this moment to assert that "Penis no hurty", so it looks like - after burning through six pairs of latex gloves - McNally saved my life

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Your pictures are giving me heartburn, maybe an ulcer.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Someone in my apartment building is doing a duzzy right now and making something so spicy that it has permeated the hallway and my apartment.

Must be the season I guess

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I
d also like to take this moment to assert that "Penis no hurty", so it looks like - after burning through six pairs of latex gloves - McNally saved my life

What kind of "burning through" are we talking about here? Because one interpretation is "loving yikes" territory.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
gently caress all of that. Good luck to you, but jesus christ, you've basically turned your kitchen into a WMD factory.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/relentlessbored/status/1178718377382154243?s=21

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Needs to say "Always vote to raise taxes" on it as well.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

not caring here posted:

Someone in my apartment building is doing a duzzy right now and making something so spicy that it has permeated the hallway and my apartment.

Must be the season I guess

A funny quote in my family is my mom making shrimp scampi and turning the pan on too hot and me screaming, running out of the house "OH MY GOD, YOUVE AEROSOLIZED THE CAPSAICIN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Isn't that basically what defensive pepper spray is?