Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
keen observation there from the commentator that ayoze perez made the right choice by leaving newcastle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tetsuo posted:

You're the dumbest poster this forum has ever seen and that's saying something.

Rafa hasn’t been a good manager for a decade and has made his recent career off of falling out with the ownership. It’s why he went to Newcastle in the first place and also why no big clubs were in for him when he left Newcastle. He’s a clown.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

keen observation there from the commentator that ayoze perez made the right choice by leaving newcastle

Missed out on the tactical nous of Bruce, shameful

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

supporters putting more effort into their chants than the players on the pitch

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Seriously sack Bruce and bring in anyone else, this is atrocious
whether bruce magically gets to safety or gets relegated doesn't matter. Ashley either sticks with a loser or hires another one happy to attempt to scrape by. Seemingly no amount of relegations will disabuse him of the notion that this is a good way to run a football club.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Brendan Rodgers winning the league with Leicester ahead of Liverpool would be extremely good

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Trying to figure out this formation now with Yedlin on

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

paddyboat posted:

I don’t think it’s helping

When has it ever?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

blue footed boobie posted:

Rafa hasn’t been a good manager for a decade and has made his recent career off of falling out with the ownership. It’s why he went to Newcastle in the first place and also why no big clubs were in for him when he left Newcastle. He’s a clown.

what big clubs should have approached him when he was available?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Trying to figure out this formation now with Yedlin on

pretty sure it's the L formation

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Andy Carroll at LB is my poo poo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

kcer posted:

what big clubs should have approached him when he was available?

None. He’s a turd who’s been turning in bad performances for a decade and walking down the ladder in terms of prestige until he wound up managing in China. Why would a big club want him?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lmao newcastle

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Get in!!!!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

lol the loving time and space Ndidi had

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

:getin:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Imagine getting clowned on my Leicester 5-0.

(as they were one of the few teams United managed to beat this season I can say this)

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

blue footed boobie posted:

None. He’s a turd who’s been turning in bad performances for a decade and walking down the ladder in terms of prestige until he wound up managing in China. Why would a big club want him?

think what you were trying to say is that when rafa was available no "big" clubs needed a manager, but if it plays into your weird fantasy of rafa being a poo poo manager then get in lad

fact is if rafa was in charge of this team we wouldn't have been turned over 5-0. even in games where we had players sent off under rafa we never looked as poo poo as we have under bruce, and never did we get turned over by such a scoreline, and certainly nowt like the 3-1 battering we had to a newly promoted side a few games ago

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

can't wait for rafa to get the arsenal job

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

greazeball posted:

can't wait for rafa to get the arsenal job

I would cry

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I’m thinking we may have a season where all three promoted teams stay up.

Watford and Newcastle are dire and really Brighton or Southampton should go down. Southampton shouldn’t but they have a squad that on paper could finish top half but they’re terrible. Brighton, lads it’s Brighton.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Shrapnig posted:

I’m thinking we may have a season where all three promoted teams stay up.

Watford and Newcastle are dire and really Brighton or Southampton should go down. Southampton shouldn’t but they have a squad that on paper could finish top half but they’re terrible. Brighton, lads it’s Brighton.

Villa are bad and should go down. Norwich can play but also every team they’ve played in the league has scored two or more goals against them except Newcastle (lol). If they can sort that out they’ll stay up, otherwise not.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm glad that Ashley is known for sacking managers when it's clearly not working instead of getting relegated

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
rafa is good and people only decided to air their hot takes about him when newcastle fluked that 1-0 over the tots with like 6% possession

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Rafa is the greatest.

I don't know how good or bad Bruce actually is, but Ashley and the others at the club seem to be really incompetent so it doesn't look good for Newcastle.

I'm not looking forward to facing Leicester. The Brodge will have the players psyched up for the match.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

I love Rafa, he played negative tactics but cared about the team and city, and in doing so endeared himself to Newcastle fans.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Brony Car posted:

I'm not looking forward to facing Leicester. The Brodge will have the players psyched up for the match.

I hope he tries motivating them with envelopes again.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Brony Car posted:

Rafa is the greatest.

I don't know how good or bad Bruce actually is, but Ashley and the others at the club seem to be really incompetent so it doesn't look good for Newcastle.

Bruce was good (or at least competent) about 10-15 years ago. His methods haven't changed in that time though and football has moved on. He's loving poo poo now.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Hurr durr Xhaka psst

No Ozil on the bench, lolzils

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
What's a Tuanzebe?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Keano v Carra should be interesting..

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
No Tierney. :(

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Hurr durr Xhaka psst

No Ozil on the bench, lolzils

The motherfucker actually started Torreira, thank god

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Why is Emery going with such a defensive midfield? How's the ball going up to the strikers?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

UnderFreddy posted:

Why is Emery going with such a defensive midfield? How's the ball going up to the strikers?

He pretty much has to start Torreira because this team falls apart without a DM. And he's too much of a stubborn dipshit to ever bench Xhaka or Guendouzi.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Can both teams lose somehow? Someone check the rules

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Is Wan-Bissakka hurt?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Is Wan-Bissakka hurt?

He's ill.

Sky showing the O'Shea chip at Highbury :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I am happy that Juan Mata and Mason Greenwood the only available attacking option for United from the bench.