Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The F13 movies suck, I say as I press play on my one millionth JCVD movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

sponges posted:

None of them are Actually Good

You have to watch Jason X at least three times to catch the subtle nuances of how Kane Hodder plays Jason Voorhees vs how he plays Uber Jason

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Marin Karin posted:

Individually, there are no F13 movies half as good as the first Halloween, Nightmare, or —while WHM crew may disagree— Hellraiser.

But as a franchise, holy poo poo is it the most watchable and entertaining of them all. I'd rather watch Roy: The Movie than Michael Myers' cult nonsense, or Freddy spouting things to put on a t-shirt. Sometimes you just wanna chill and watch Jason, the most unproblematic slasher, teleport around while the entire cast is high as balls on coke and 80's fashion.

Spot the gently caress on.

That said the remake sucks on toast. It managed to be a shoddy greatest hits of F13 without capturing the tone whatsoever outside, I'll be generous, two scenes.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Was I drunk off water or did I remember seeing a commentary coming this month?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

weekly font posted:

Spot the gently caress on.

That said the remake sucks on toast. It managed to be a shoddy greatest hits of F13 without capturing the tone whatsoever outside, I'll be generous, two scenes.

I will be the first to admit that I liked the beginning of the remake. I had really high hopes when the first ~10 minutes of a movie is just Jason destroying a group of hikers. The rest of the movie just left me angry for having watched it.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Dang I might have to sign on to the patreon just for (spooktacular) The Shining

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

newest Nexus is up!

Klingon Gallagher killed me

also OF COURSE Cabin didn’t like mirror mirror

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Dang I might have to sign on to the patreon just for (spooktacular) The Shining

Is the new Big Daddy Dispatch out? I feel like I only get every other one of those or something.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

weekly font posted:

Is the new Big Daddy Dispatch out? I feel like I only get every other one of those or something.

They don't come out as early as they should. They typically get sent out on the last day or two of the month. Sometimes the first of the month that it's for.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This latest Nexus was great. I utterly lost it at Klingon Bowe Bergdhal and worf69@mailkimp.com

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'm glad they are finally going to do Monster Squad at the end of October, because I loved that movie as a kid but it is loving trash that does not hold up at all, and it means I can finally stop calling in for Listener Request Month.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Im proud of this podcast for continually fighting for the honor of Zoo
A doc about something that gross really had no right to look that pretty

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

An audible HELL YEAH from me for Animation Damnation. Incredibly pumped.

Episode 445 —Friday the 13th (2009)
Episode 447 — Final Destination 3
Episode 448 — The Human Centipede (First Sequence)
Episode 449 — Child's Play (1988) - Live at Thalia Hall in Chicago!
Episode 450 — Monster Squad

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies Episode 446 — The Shining
Animation Damnation — The Simpsons: "Treehouse of Horror V" (s6, e6) *a special Animation Damnation WLM!*
The Nexus — TOS: "The Apple" (s2, e5) & TNG: "The Measure of a Man" (s2, e9)
Gleep Glossary: A Star Wars Story — Labria the Devaronian
Patreon Q3 Commentary: Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
cabin's bit about rambo last blood implies itll be part of the worst of 2019

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Im proud of this podcast for continually fighting for the honor of Zoo
A doc about something that gross really had no right to look that pretty

I'm waiting for the WLM Zoo episode.

They definitely picked the best Treehouse of Horror, btw.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Cael posted:

An audible HELL YEAH from me for Animation Damnation. Incredibly pumped.

Episode 445 —Friday the 13th (2009)
Episode 447 — Final Destination 3
Episode 448 — The Human Centipede (First Sequence)
Episode 449 — Child's Play (1988) - Live at Thalia Hall in Chicago!
Episode 450 — Monster Squad

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies Episode 446 — The Shining
Animation Damnation — The Simpsons: "Treehouse of Horror V" (s6, e6) *a special Animation Damnation WLM!*
The Nexus — TOS: "The Apple" (s2, e5) & TNG: "The Measure of a Man" (s2, e9)
Patreon Q3 Commentary: Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2

oohhhhhh my childhood isn't ready for 450.

well, I mean the homophobia is fair game, but..

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

GoutPatrol posted:

Is this the We Love Movies but for Animation Damnation? Animation Salvation?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

GoutPatrol posted:

IV > V :colbert:

Henker
May 5, 2009

Cael posted:

Oh man this guy is great because he's the random devil guy you see in the cantina scene, but if you read his background lore he's basically an escaped Nazi war criminal.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
There's more than one human centipede movie?

There's enough going on worth discussing for an entire podcast? Or will this be like Ultraviolet (an amazing ep imho) that comes with multiple "there is no movie to talk about" disclaimers.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It's fascinating how those "there is no movie to talk about" are usually pretty good. WHM is a podcast that builds the comedy around the movie's plot but even when the plot is nonexistent they come up with great stuff.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

DoubleCakes posted:

It's fascinating how those "there is no movie to talk about" are usually pretty good. WHM is a podcast that builds the comedy around the movie's plot but even when the plot is nonexistent they come up with great stuff.

The sheer rage at UltraViolet was enough to carry the whole episode.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

what is this fukkin bullshit

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Tart Kitty posted:

The sheer rage at UltraViolet was enough to carry the whole episode.

God I love that episode.

I watched it out of morbid curiosity a few years ago and was shocked by how bad the special effects were. I knew it was shlock, but for some reason I went in thinking the production values were a bit higher. I fully anticipated lovely writing and Mila, I did not anticipate 3D clipart helicopters.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 1, 2019

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Is that Gordom Ramsay they are doing impressions of in this episode?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Heck yeah, F13 reboot getting a bit of love. Was nice hearing Andrew defend some story elements and aspects of it. It's not a perfect film but I think it's great for what it's trying to do and is much stronger than JGTH, Jason X, Manhattan, Roy: The Movie, and The New Blood for the most part.

I personally love Jason in it and enjoy a lot of the movie, but I can understand preferring a different interpretation of Jason. In the early movies he would run, set traps, use hunting gear, etc. so I like that they amplified that stuff in the reboot. But for a lot of people they prefer slow zombie Jason and I can't argue with that personal preference.

Edit: Watching it again this morning for Oct 1 and noticed that you can see the pickup truck from the end outside the barn while the dude is passing out flyers in the beginning. I couldn't tell in the dark at the end, but the spears on the rear of the truck are actually for hauling hay I think. Ties back into Part 3 and the hay scene. And the guy driving the pickup truck is the old man the hillbilly is complaining about earlier.

I know, I know, who the gently caress cares but I thought it was neat.

Violator fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 1, 2019

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Have the guys ever done a bit about Mr. Skin?

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

General Dog posted:

Not that I recall, but Swordfish has a great running gag about Minute 38 and the kinds of men who keep track of cinematic boob timecodes.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

General Dog posted:

I am like 99% certain they have, but can't recall episode or context.

Martin Cinemax is essentially the core idea of Mr. Skin writ large though.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Tart Kitty posted:

Yeah, they riffed on it. I think it was in the context of there should be one that just shows naked guys, and something about boob boats?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Tart Kitty posted:

I like to think of Mr. Skin as Martin Cinemax’s autistic nephew

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Someone should remake the movie Sphere and let Eric and Jupin write the script.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

kalensc posted:

There's more than one human centipede movie?

There's enough going on worth discussing for an entire podcast? Or will this be like Ultraviolet (an amazing ep imho) that comes with multiple "there is no movie to talk about" disclaimers.

There's three. The first one is not terrible. Yes it's disgusting and whatever. But it's a standard horror film other than that.

The second one is ridiculous. It's about a guy who has seen the first movie and wants to emulate it. They just ratchet up the gore in that one. It's in black & white for some reason.

Haven't see the third but it's apparently about a guy who (you guessed) saw the SECOND movie and wants to emulate it. The director is in the movie and plays himself..... I kinda want to watch this now.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
The Nexus has ruined me, my head voice for reading this was just the guys impressions.

https://twitter.com/tembeep/status/1167121456402173953

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

jojoinnit posted:

The Nexus has ruined me, my head voice for reading this was just the guys impressions.

https://twitter.com/tembeep/status/1167121456402173953

I can no longer imagine Bones without him talking at length on the merits of various terrible 90's bands and/or being a space racist.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

They’re right about the Philip Seymour Hoffman/John Slattery scene from Charlie Wilson’s War. The movie itself is largely forgettable but that one scene is incredible.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Lemon posted:

Is that Gordom Ramsay they are doing impressions of in this episode?

Guy Fieri, I’m pretty sure.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

It's Ramsay.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

YEah i finished the episode. The first impression sounds like Fieri but from the middle on it’s definitely Ramsey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://io9.gizmodo.com/pippi-longstocking-the-worlds-strongest-girl-is-getti-1838698727

quote:

She’s an impossibly strong pirate heir with a bag of gold and no desire to take crap from anyone. Pippi Longstocking, the red-haired heroine created by classic children’s author Astrid Lindgren, is getting a new film from the folks behind one of the best children’s book adaptations of our time: Paddington.

finally we can get some answers