Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

That's it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

I can't find this one, despite remembering loads of details about it.

- Animated, either a short cartoon or a trailer for a feature film (possibly a trailer for a film that never existed)
- Saw it on Swedish television in late 80s or early 90s
- May have been produced by Swedish animators, but the audio was in English
- I think the film was called "Hotel"
- Style was hand-drawn, colors used were yellow and shades of gray. Kind of Gary Larson-style figures with big noses, definitely western-style
- Plot was a security guard (possibly at a Hotel) had a cold and his nose started running.
The snot was yellow while everything else in the film was grayscale.
The snot took on a life of its own and flooded the streets, engulfing the security guard and turning him into a monster.
The monster was defeated while climbing a skyscraper, as airplanes flew in and dropped tissues all over it, revealing the security guard under all the snot.

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

NAG posted:

I can't find this one, despite remembering loads of details about it.

- Animated, either a short cartoon or a trailer for a feature film (possibly a trailer for a film that never existed)
- Saw it on Swedish television in late 80s or early 90s
- May have been produced by Swedish animators, but the audio was in English
- I think the film was called "Hotel"
- Style was hand-drawn, colors used were yellow and shades of gray. Kind of Gary Larson-style figures with big noses, definitely western-style
- Plot was a security guard (possibly at a Hotel) had a cold and his nose started running.
The snot was yellow while everything else in the film was grayscale.
The snot took on a life of its own and flooded the streets, engulfing the security guard and turning him into a monster.
The monster was defeated while climbing a skyscraper, as airplanes flew in and dropped tissues all over it, revealing the security guard under all the snot.

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

https://www.nfb.ca/animation/

I've seen this style a ton from old films from the NFB, so you should be able to find it in there. Who draws like that has made a ton of these types of short films. I remember there was one about a fly, but I can't recall much else from it.

Edit: if we're thinking of the same style, the director's name is Richard Condie.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Sep 29, 2019

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I saw a trailer for this a while ago, I think it was a sequel but I've never heard of the original movie. It's like a low-budget indie that just happens on a laptop screen, like people face-timing and surveillance cams footage (maybe? could be I'm mixing things up). I don't think there are any scenes outside of the laptop screen. Basically you're looking at a fake desktop the entire time. and no it's not that fmv video game that just got released.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

mike12345 posted:

I saw a trailer for this a while ago, I think it was a sequel but I've never heard of the original movie. It's like a low-budget indie that just happens on a laptop screen, like people face-timing and surveillance cams footage (maybe? could be I'm mixing things up). I don't think there are any scenes outside of the laptop screen. Basically you're looking at a fake desktop the entire time. and no it's not that fmv video game that just got released.

That’s gotta be Unfriended.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

mike12345 posted:

if it isn't Unfriended, this also describes The Den

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The_Doctor posted:

Thanks, it's Unfriended: Dark Web.

gey muckle mowser posted:

Ah so that's a genre now, interesting.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Nevermind

mike12345 posted:

Maybe Searching with John Cho?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ro9ebQxEOY

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

The_Doctor posted:

gey muckle mowser posted:

All of these are really good. Watch them all.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
the den was a lot better than i expected it to be also its 6 years old now dang

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

https://www.nfb.ca/animation/

I've seen this style a ton from old films from the NFB, so you should be able to find it in there. Who draws like that has made a ton of these types of short films. I remember there was one about a fly, but I can't recall much else from it.

Edit: if we're thinking of the same style, the director's name is Richard Condie.

Thanks, Rupert! I haven't found the clip on that site, yet, but that style is definitely what I'm thinking of.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

what dis

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Dis looks like someone being trapped in the phantom zone. I'd guess its from Smallville.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SiKboy posted:

Dis looks like someone being trapped in the phantom zone. I'd guess its from Smallville.

Yeah, end of season 5.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Parachute posted:

the den was a lot better than i expected it to be also its 6 years old now dang

The Den was a very pleasant surprise. I threw it on just to have some noise ave hosed off on what I was doing so I could actually watch it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There was a movie I saw a few times as a kid that featured Vincent Price, I believe. The name was something like The 7 Deaths of Dr. ________ (the number, whether its "deaths" or something else and his name all escape me). I believe Price was avenging his wife's untimely death and killing people in pretty fantastical ways, and there may have been a supernatural or magical component to it. I've looked at Price's filmography and nothing jumped out, so I'm wondering if I made it all up, or just saw an incomplete list of his films or what. Pretty sure it's a black and white film.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Price does a bunch of weird murders to avenge his wife's death in The Abominable Dr. Phibes, which may be what you're thinking of.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

deety posted:

Price does a bunch of weird murders to avenge his wife's death in The Abominable Dr. Phibes, which may be what you're thinking of.

Just watched the trailer and the one death where he puts something on the woman's face then releases the locusts was definitely a part of it. I fear that I may have combined memories of multiple movies here, but this is definitely primarily what I was thinking of. Thanks!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
The Dr Phibes unicorn kill is potentially one of the greatest things ever put to film.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Just watched the trailer and the one death where he puts something on the woman's face then releases the locusts was definitely a part of it. I fear that I may have combined memories of multiple movies here, but this is definitely primarily what I was thinking of. Thanks!

There's actually 2 Dr Phibes movies; in the second one he takes his dead wife to Egypt, murders more people in creative ways and ends up sailing off down a river in a pyramid to resurrect his wife.

Price revenge-murders a lot of people in inventive Shakespeare-themed ways in Theatre of Blood too, if you like that kind of thing.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
I saw part of this weird movie on TV about 15-20 years ago and for some reason just thought of it today. The only bits I can remember:

• I think it was about a few kids/teens who were experimented on by a mad scientist type.
  • The experiment made them transform- at one point one of the kid's (I think a girl) head turns into a weird claymation-esque T-rex head.
  • I think one of the kids projectile vomits really hard.

Yeah, not much to go on but for some reason the t-rex headed person and the weird 80s/90s-esque special effects stuck with me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

pooch516 posted:

I saw part of this weird movie on TV about 15-20 years ago and for some reason just thought of it today. The only bits I can remember:

• I think it was about a few kids/teens who were experimented on by a mad scientist type.
  • The experiment made them transform- at one point one of the kid's (I think a girl) head turns into a weird claymation-esque T-rex head.

Yeah, not much to go on but for some reason the t-rex headed person and the weird 80s/90s-esque special effects stuck with me.

This could be Freaked

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

pooch516 posted:

Freaked! I saw it for the first time recently and loved it.

e:f,b

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

Trying to remember the name of a horror movie. The name is extremely generic, it's set in the UK or Ireland, it's about a young couple who are going to a B&B in the countryside but they get lost in labyrinthine narrow roads with high hedges and then it turns out some sadist guy is messing with them & moving the roadsigns

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

beer pal posted:

Trying to remember the name of a horror movie. The name is extremely generic, it's set in the UK or Ireland, it's about a young couple who are going to a B&B in the countryside but they get lost in labyrinthine narrow roads with high hedges and then it turns out some sadist guy is messing with them & moving the roadsigns

In Fear?

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

Thank you thats the one

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

This one would have to be 70's or early 80's (pretty sure its not late 60's), a fantasy/mythological movie and the one scene I can remember clearly is some wizard or godlike being summoning a giant spectral Chimera like beast (I can remember at least one of the heads was a lion - if it was multi headed at all) to combat/battle another giant spectral monster, all in a starscape astral like setting....

The effects I think were stop motion for the giant spectral summon creatures, and they were somewhat translucent. Energy beams or breath attacks may have also been present. One of the summon creatures defeats the other.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Runcible Cat posted:

There's actually 2 Dr Phibes movies; in the second one he takes his dead wife to Egypt, murders more people in creative ways and ends up sailing off down a river in a pyramid to resurrect his wife.

Price revenge-murders a lot of people in inventive Shakespeare-themed ways in Theatre of Blood too, if you like that kind of thing.

He also played the Evil Baron in a TV production of Ruddigore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_yo5qxr9c

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

DandyLion posted:

This one would have to be 70's or early 80's (pretty sure its not late 60's), a fantasy/mythological movie and the one scene I can remember clearly is some wizard or godlike being summoning a giant spectral Chimera like beast (I can remember at least one of the heads was a lion - if it was multi headed at all) to combat/battle another giant spectral monster, all in a starscape astral like setting....

The effects I think were stop motion for the giant spectral summon creatures, and they were somewhat translucent. Energy beams or breath attacks may have also been present. One of the summon creatures defeats the other.

Sorceress (or possibly Wizards of the Lost Kingdom, which used footage from Sorceress).

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Action Jacktion posted:

Sorceress (or possibly Wizards of the Lost Kingdom, which used footage from Sorceress).

You beautiful bastard! Wizards of the Lost Kingdom is it.

Fascinating factoid about Sorceress too!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

The Dr Phibes unicorn kill is potentially one of the greatest things ever put to film.

Hell yes

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Holy poo poo that's it! Thank you guys! That's been in the back of my head for years and I was kind of convinced it was a fever dream I had.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I'm trying to identify a scene that I'm certain I didn't make up. All I can recall is it's a solemn moment between two characters, likely the end of the film, and one says to the other after a long pause "the radio said it was raining" (or maybe snowing) then a long pause then I think it ends.

There's an outside chance I made this up.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

lifts cats over head posted:

I'm trying to identify a scene that I'm certain I didn't make up. All I can recall is it's a solemn moment between two characters, likely the end of the film, and one says to the other after a long pause "the radio said it was raining" (or maybe snowing) then a long pause then I think it ends.

There's an outside chance I made this up.

Sex, Lies, and Videotape? Its last lines are "I think it's gonna rain" and "It is raining."

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
There’s a moment in The Usual Suspects when the gang are confronted with the difficulty of the assault on the boat when someone says “The news said it’s raining in New York”.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Torquemada posted:

There’s a moment in The Usual Suspects when the gang are confronted with the difficulty of the assault on the boat when someone says “The news said it’s raining in New York”.

That's it! Thanks!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
cinematographer was showing clips and I forgot to ask him

one was a nun walking outside a monastery in the day (dusk?) that's a tracking shot and then she starts ringing a bell, lady (who i dont think is a nun) exits the church looking real crazy like (think she had brunette/black hair and a vibrant dress, like red) and approaches nun. Clip cut off from there. Bell was cliffside though

want to say it was from the 60-70s

okay i might have just solved it myself since I remembered he mentioned Michael Powell

Black Narcissus?

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Alan Smithee posted:

cinematographer was showing clips and I forgot to ask him

one was a nun walking outside a monastery in the day (dusk?) that's a tracking shot and then she starts ringing a bell, lady (who i dont think is a nun) exits the church looking real crazy like (think she had brunette/black hair and a vibrant dress, like red) and approaches nun. Clip cut off from there. Bell was cliffside though

want to say it was from the 60-70s

okay i might have just solved it myself since I remembered he mentioned Michael Powell

Black Narcissus?

Definitely Black Narcissus. You did it.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
For the life of me I can't remember where this is from. Could be a TV show or a film:

A hippie chick is high and smiling and rubbing her hair and talking about a song or something, saying "it really sends me, man! It really SENDS me!" She's saying it in an almost orgasmic way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

codyclarke posted:

For the life of me I can't remember where this is from. Could be a TV show or a film:

A hippie chick is high and smiling and rubbing her hair and talking about a song or something, saying "it really sends me, man! It really SENDS me!" She's saying it in an almost orgasmic way.

Heather Graham in Boogie Nights?