Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mahoning posted:

It's Ohio.

On today's episode of "Ohio, Texas or Florida"...

That's an actual thing a local radio morning show does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I assume the prosecution is going to try to help this cop evade justice, or whatever it is we're calling it these days.

As I mentioned earlier I saw the cross examination and I'd be very surprised if he was being easy on her. I thought it was quite effective tbh.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Must be tough to have every conceivable luxury in life and still only have SOME money left over. If those poor people understood how tough this rich person has it they wouldn't complain.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Popete posted:

I can't get over him calling the phone call "perfect", of all the idiosyncrasies of Trumps speech this is by far the funniest.

Like I really want to know what he thinks a perfect phone call is.

His supply of adjectives is constrained to words you can use to describe a golf swing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A lot of jobs barely give you enough PTO for one week of vacation, and you draw from that same pool for sick days.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, they have like 2 grand after living a nice lifestyle and saving 40k a year for retirement and 12k a year for college funds. Sounds like they have a reasonable budget for their income, despite living in a loving mansion of a house considering that monthly mortgage.

And $24k in equity in their home, so $76k per year total in assets

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Can we get a git blame on this poo poo? Or do we not know who did this?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1178759410996453378

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Pants Donkey posted:

A lot of jobs barely give you enough PTO for one week of vacation, and you draw from that same pool for sick days.

Even if you're working one of 6 jobs in the US that still has sick leave, 3 weeks of vacation also means you're getting 4+ weeks of PTO a year so you have a reserve for car trouble, medical appointments, emergencies, etc.

I work a federal government job with all the ludicrous benefits that entails and social unrest blocking the streets would still count against my time off (this is literally an option on the automated call line.)

buddhist nudist fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 30, 2019

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

There are gonna be some loony rear end texts in there

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

and here we go. cant wait for the even more coke fueled media interviews.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I want to see Bill Barr go down because Giuliani is a big fat doofus. :pray:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/sarahdwire/status/1178760358544080896

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

someday i hope to be able to write a legal document that includes the phrase "you admitted on national television..."

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol: they had to have used "Clueless" on purpose right?

:hmbol:

What a start to the week :allears:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1178754812097290240?s=19

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Now ask them the same question but if Obama did it.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol: they had to have used "Clueless" on purpose right?

She apparently volunteered that option to the arresting officer.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

evilweasel posted:

someday i hope to be able to write a legal document that includes the phrase "you admitted on national television..."

If you think about it, Trump and Giuliani Deep Throated themselves.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

saintonan posted:

Now ask them the same question but if Obama did it.

"Obama should have been executed on the pretense that he may at some point in the future do it" is the boilerplate response you're looking for.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Mahoning posted:

So this is why Rudy thinks he should be a hero.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mahoning posted:

I didn't realize Steve Bannon was giving lessons.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It would be right and proper to execute all Presidents upon the completion of their term.

Maybe make an exception for the cool ones like Jimmy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

evilweasel posted:

there was at least one state, and i thought it was texas, that passed a law to ban bars from prohibiting people from bringing guns inside

so they're in favor, basically

short answer: it is illegal under Texan state law to carry a firearm into a bar*

most property owners can also opt out of concealed and/or open carry on their turf by posting a big ol sign

there's some other preemption-of-stronger-gun-control stuff though

* - an establishment that derives 51% or more of its revenue from alcohol sales; so, like, a restaurant that happens to HAVE a bar would have to actively opt out of allowing guns

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/dnvolz/status/1178763433619214340

more, more

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
i love how all his goons are so directly implicated in this.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GreyjoyBastard posted:

short answer: it is illegal under Texan state law to carry a firearm into a bar*

most property owners can also opt out of concealed and/or open carry on their turf by posting a big ol sign

there's some other preemption-of-stronger-gun-control stuff though

* - an establishment that derives 51% or more of its revenue from alcohol sales; so, like, a restaurant that happens to HAVE a bar would have to actively opt out of allowing guns

that is shockingly sensible

has nobody told texas republicans about that law?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Mahoning posted:

Honestly I feel like that's the only reason this is sticking. The chuds are finally being forced into a choice that they cannot handle: the choice between believing Trump (what he says about the transcript) and believing Trump (the contents of the transcript that he himself released). Believing either one requires believing that the other is false, but Trump can never be wrong, so they have to both be true at the same time, but that means Schiff isn't lying about the transcript, and Trump is never wrong, so...

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

World War 3 breaks out.

"Well that wasn't supposed to happen." :shrug:

Also Lol, he literally starts his well-thought out scheme with an analogy from a fairy tale.

Edit: On listening, it's actually a little incredible. He mentions Putin and the Ukraine and then totally glosses over what a credible response would actually be. It's full-on South Park underpants gnomes in action.

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 30, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol guilani's cronies are getting deposed

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1178761459972628482

and if it's a deposition i imagine they're getting actual lawyers to do the questioning not congresspeople

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1178742006241255425?s=21
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1003616210922147841
date :ssh:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Time to find out if ignoring subpoenas has consequences or not

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

evilweasel posted:

that is shockingly sensible

has nobody told texas republicans about that law?

our insane "everybody is a feudal lord on their own property" runs up against our insane "guns for everybody everywhere" in this case

edit: oh also our slightly less insane but still insane alcohol policies; every employee of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission sobs themselves to sleep about the 21st amendment existing and also the Fourth but that's all cops, not just them

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 30, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i do like the part where he talks about how schiff was just blown away about how perfect the talk was so he just lied about it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Which one of Trump’s lackies first called his call “Perfect” that it’s now stuck in his mind like a wrench in a gear.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I need these documents submitted right into my veins.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

God drat he really thinks he did nothing wrong.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

To be fair that's almost 20% of the GOP faithful saying "yeah gently caress this is bad", and almost another 10-15% on the fence. Almost 30-40% of your minority party voting bloc thinking you are guilty as gently caress is absolutely abysmal for his chances of reelection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

I wonder how many times he's going to be questioned about / called out on what he's blithered on about on TV.

I can't wait for him and Donald to flail around even more. Tonight and the next few days will be great.