Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

To be fair that's almost 20% of the GOP faithful saying "yeah gently caress this is bad", and almost another 10-15% on the fence. Almost 30-40% of your minority party voting bloc thinking you are guilty as gently caress is absolutely abysmal for his chances of reelection

"would you still vote for him anyway" is at 100% 'yes' in reality though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

our insane "everybody is a feudal lord on their own property" runs up against our insane "guns for everybody everywhere" in this case

The compromise is that every beer sold needs a handgun taped to it as the handle, but the bar owns the guns and the bartender has a remote control that makes all the guns fire at once. Also the remote control is one of those Looney Tunes style ones with the big red button that sticks up like an entire inch.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

This poo poo makes my blood boil. To add to the above, that is some expensive loving day care. My 2 year old is at a reasonably priced day care 5 days per week and it comes out to about $12k per year. Not cheap, but also not almost 30 loving grand.

(Nevermind the limit for a dependent care account is $5k per year and hasn’t been raised since the 80s)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/amyfiscus/status/1178766008934379522

Australia, sure why not?

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

KillHour posted:

The compromise is that every beer sold needs a handgun taped to it as the handle, but the bar owns the guns and the bartender has a remote control that makes all the guns fire at once. Also the remote control is one of those Looney Tunes style ones with the big red button that sticks up like an entire inch.

What direction is the handgun facing? Will being left handed protect the drinker? Asking for a friend.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lord Wexia posted:

This poo poo makes my blood boil. To add to the above, that is some expensive loving day care. My 2 year old is at a reasonably priced day care 5 days per week and it comes out to about $12k per year. Not cheap, but also not almost 30 loving grand.

(Nevermind the limit for a dependent care account is $5k per year and hasn’t been raised since the 80s)

it's designed to be angrymaking clickbait nonsense

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TulliusCicero posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how could a "Castle Defense" possibly apply here? It's not her "castle" or home for gently caress sakes, she drunkenly broke into someone else's house and shot them dead when they were unarmed.
Under the law she has no obligation to deescalate. It's just throwing as much stuff up as possible to give every juror an excuse to exonerate.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Australia, sure why not?
It's safe to assume he asked everyone, right? I mean, he asked Russia publicly, on TV, live, before he was elected. Of course he asked everyone else.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

He’s probably casually asked literally every single world leader to assist him in his crimes.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I mean we do already let cops just shoot whomever

I've come to the realization that there's too much resistance to monumental change from police unions and the like. Rather what we need to do is small concessional changes that shift the paradigm towards big changes without triggering alarm bells for the police. Something like a lifetime murder cap; All cops are allowed no more than 15 innocent murders a lifetime (lets say as a starting point). From there it becomes easy to gradually reduce that number until we've reached some reasonable limit everyone can live with (say perhaps 2 murders per lifetime limit, or up to 4 if they're having a bad day).

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, they have like 2 grand after living a nice lifestyle and saving 40k a year for retirement and 12k a year for college funds. Sounds like they have a reasonable budget for their income, despite living in a loving mansion of a house considering that monthly mortgage.

The "husband payed off 50k in student loans at 30" is making me violently angry in ways I can't really articulate

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Crows Turn Off posted:

It's safe to assume he asked everyone, right? I mean, he asked Russia publicly, on TV, live, before he was elected. Of course he asked everyone else.

He probably did in the same way he recapped his election win to literally everyone he met for the first few months of his Presidency.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

DandyLion posted:

I've come to the realization that there's too much resistance to monumental change from police unions and the like. Rather what we need to do is small concessional changes that shift the paradigm towards big changes without triggering alarm bells for the police. Something like a lifetime murder cap; All cops are allowed no more than 15 innocent murders a lifetime (lets say as a starting point). From there it becomes easy to gradually reduce that number until we've reached some reasonable limit everyone can live with (say perhaps 2 murders per lifetime limit, or up to 4 if they're having a bad day).

cop union: "this will unfairly force cops into a dangerous situation where they must balance the number of murder-strikes from gunning down an entire family with the risk that the unarmed family posed to their safety" and americas heroes deserve better

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I bet Trump brought up Mueller when he met the Queen.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
are dogs a free murder still at least? maybe we can compromise there

4 unarmed shootings a year and unlimited dogs?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1178767863282376704

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
https://mobile.twitter.com/fabrice_deprez/status/1178759319149568008

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

cop union: "this will unfairly force cops into a dangerous situation where they must balance the number of murder-strikes from gunning down an entire family with the risk that the unarmed family posed to their safety" and americas heroes deserve better
I interpreted that as two murder events, not just two bodies dropped. Limiting our boys in blue to only a brace of homicides is obviously nonsense.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Will wonders never cease?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I interpreted that as two murder events, not just two bodies dropped. Limiting our boys in blue to only a brace of homicides is obviously nonsense.

Okay good, because imagine having to make the choice in the moment between lighting up a fleeing minivan or using restraint

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I bet Trump brought up Mueller when he met the Queen.

Maybe that’s why he was forced to wear that one suit

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

even if is gonna be the end for trump. its gonna be december at least. i do think trump is hosed at this point. the ending is either gonna be sooner or in 2020.

i mean i know these monsters view the negatives as positives but how the gently caress does anyone openly support broken windows policy. everyone hates it, even cops.

I take it you are not familiar with Brett Stephens, professional god awful opinion-haver and permanently offended rich person?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

TulliusCicero posted:

I take it you are not familiar with Brett Stephens, professional god awful opinion-haver and permanently offended rich person?

He probably only knows him by his pseudonym Bretbug Stevens

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

evilweasel posted:

that is shockingly sensible

has nobody told texas republicans about that law?

Please don't or they will call a special session to pass a law requiring a gun be served with every drink

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy
Do ya do ya do ya do ya
Know what you're doing, doing to me

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Probably have to work dogs into the basic mental healthcare plan. Something like up to 3 dogs per year if you get a Dr.'s note saying you've been really bored lately or something of that ilk.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

empty whippet box posted:

Time to find out if ignoring subpoenas has consequences or not

The Democrats need to go nuclear on the first person who is dumb enough to defy them, otherwise they'll have to fight every one.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

The Democrats need to go nuclear on the first person who is dumb enough to defy them, otherwise they'll have to fight every one.

they're about three months late on that plan

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

At this point they have little reason not to.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

DandyLion posted:

Cop unions keep accidentally getting left out of union-busting legislation. Coincidentally they also keep defending the status quo.

I'm sure they'll join the labor movement once they notice what's happening.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
So let me get this straight, in the middle of a scandal about Trump's cabinet doing crimes to interfere in the election, Barr flew to Italy to do more crimes to interfere in the election?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

1337JiveTurkey posted:

At this point they have little reason not to.

have you considered the political capital gained from being entirely respectful and decorous?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ryde posted:

So let me get this straight, in the middle of a scandal about Trump's cabinet doing crimes to interfere in the election, Barr flew to Italy to do more crimes to interfere in the election?

its unclear if this was a pre-scheduled crime or if he accelerated his foreign criming to keep away from the press when the ukraine thing broke

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

have you considered the political capital gained from being entirely respectful and decorous?

the subpoena stuff to date has been handicapped by trying to position for the legal fights given the lawless supreme court having the final word on them

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

buddhist nudist posted:

What direction is the handgun facing? Will being left handed protect the drinker? Asking for a friend.

Lefties drink from this.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

you can't shoot dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMSrjJngnkY

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

ryde posted:

It's dumber than that.

Barr is actively seeking foreign help in the investigation of the 2016 investigation.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
So when do the Democrats send out a subpoena for every call transcript on that server?

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Perhaps, but cops are so horny for killing dogs that they accidentally killed the woman they were supposed to be helping this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He’s probably casually asked literally every single world leader to assist him in his crimes.

except Sri Lanka :(

they always get left out