Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Daisy and Jenma getting high was the best.

Also Jemma in those pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

swickles posted:

Yeah, while the whole Sarge mystery thing kind of fell flat at the end, but there were so many other great threads. Jocko was a great character, and Snowbunny was a great injection of insanity. Techbro Deke and trying to connect with his grandparents was amazing. Cosmic Quake, the mission is Ladies Night!, Enoch getting a besty, all of that was excellent.

Ladies Night is a season redeemer all on its own. Techbro Deek actually doing something and impressing Fitz was another one

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Rhyno posted:

I don’t get the pants reference. What’s it about again?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don’t get the pants reference. What’s it about again?

She's a very beautiful woman and was wearing very flattering garments.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

She's a very beautiful woman and was wearing very flattering garments.

Julia from the Magicians flattering or are running on a different scale?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Julia from the Magicians flattering or are running on a different scale?

They are both very beautiful women in their own rights.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhyno posted:

That was one of my favorite TV episodes in general, it was so gloriously campy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love that Daisy was shot like Hunter in Fear and Lothing with a similar narration over yhr scene.

And Jemma going Expecto Patronum! And seeing little monkey Fitz.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Fitz and Simmons stuck in the mind prison was one of the best episodes the show's ever done.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

I guess Disney's gonna pull the MCU movies from Netflix next year or something, any word about Agents of Shield?

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Sir Nose posted:

I guess Disney's gonna pull the MCU movies from Netflix next year or something, any word about Agents of Shield?

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll forget the show exists again.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Just finished this season. I found the Fitz and Simmons stuff to be the heart of the season and it was at its best in the middle. I didn't really care for the Sarge stuff that much, I agree with others that the resolution to it was pretty underwhelming. I'm all for keeping Clark Gregg on the show but if you're not gonna actually kill someone off, you can also just not kill them. I thought the way they brought Fitz back was worth it because it adds an interesting dynamic to the character with him jealous of his other self for marrying Simmons first.

I kinda wish, instead of time traveling AND also bringing Coulson back as an LMD, they just time traveled to a time period when Coulson and May were still alive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did y'all see Ming Na Wen at the Emmys?

Like drat.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Metropolis posted:

Just finished this season. I found the Fitz and Simmons stuff to be the heart of the season and it was at its best in the middle. I didn't really care for the Sarge stuff that much, I agree with others that the resolution to it was pretty underwhelming. I'm all for keeping Clark Gregg on the show but if you're not gonna actually kill someone off, you can also just not kill them. I thought the way they brought Fitz back was worth it because it adds an interesting dynamic to the character with him jealous of his other self for marrying Simmons first.

I think a lot of that has to do with the surprise nature of the season. Season Five ended in a way that was a solid capper for the series and then they got renewed and had to quickly come up with ways to walk back that ending, some were obvious like finding the Fitzcicle, while keeping Clark Gregg around was a little less so. Hopefully the additional lead time they had on season seven will make it a little more cohesive.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Did y'all see Ming Na Wen at the Emmys?

Like drat.

That means i'd have to watch the Emmys

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Metropolis posted:

I kinda wish, instead of time traveling AND also bringing Coulson back as an LMD, they just time traveled to a time period when Coulson and May were still alive.

Sadly, your decisions would mean Coulson wouldn't be grappling against the light and dark side represented by his bright robot shield and red burning skeleton hand in this coming season and I don't think I could handle that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

That means i'd have to watch the Emmys

Or just follow her on Instagram. Worth it for her smile alone.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Or just follow her on Instagram. Worth it for her smile alone.

Had to get rid of it, followed too many titty babes to open on the train.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just follow her.

And the rest of the AoS cast because Chloe Bennet will absolutely take a bite out of a leaf of it's in her face.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Deleted it, the last of my social media.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rocksicles posted:

Deleted it, the last of my social media.
You posted that to social media.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Just follow her.

And the rest of the AoS cast because Chloe Bennet will absolutely take a bite out of a leaf of it's in her face.

I miss her special dog.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

LividLiquid posted:

You posted that to social media.

I'd argue this place borders on anti-social media. But point taken

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No that's on point.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Hulu's Ghost Rider series was recently given the axe during pre-production.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Is it actually axed, or just axed for Hulu so it can be announced as going on Disney+?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

Is it actually axed, or just axed for Hulu so it can be announced as going on Disney+?

There are MCU plans for him, apparently.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

swickles posted:

Would be weird since Disney owns both and Disney+ comes bundled with Hulu.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

There are MCU plans for him, apparently.

Ooh, I wonder if they're going to use Blade as an intro to the Midnight Sons

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Edmund Lava posted:

Would be weird since Disney owns both and Disney+ comes bundled with Hulu.
Hadn't heard that, but if it's true, Hulu doesn't come bundled with Disney+, so their incentive would be to get people to sign up for the new thing.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Hadn't heard that, but if it's true, Hulu doesn't come bundled with Disney+, so their incentive would be to get people to sign up for the new thing.

It’s an optional package. Pay he extra 5ish dollars and get Hulu and ESPN+ with all the other stuff. They definitely have an interest in making people want Hulu.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Edmund Lava posted:

It’s an optional package. Pay he extra 5ish dollars and get Hulu and ESPN+ with all the other stuff. They definitely have an interest in making people want Hulu.
Right, but my point is that a Disney-produced show not going to Hulu can mean it could still be going to Disney+. The fact that they also own a piece of Hulu is immaterial because Disney+ is their new service and they need it to be successful. Also, they own the whole thing, unlike Hulu.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Right, but my point is that a Disney-produced show not going to Hulu can mean it could still be going to Disney+. The fact that they also own a piece of Hulu is immaterial because Disney+ is their new service and they need it to be successful. Also, they own the whole thing, unlike Hulu.

They completely own Hulu now. It was split between Disney, Fox and NBC, but obviously they own Fox now and bought out NBCs share recently.

Edit: related articles spelling this out https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2019/05/14/disney-bought-hulu-whats-mean-cord-cutters-binge-watchers/3665629002/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LividLiquid posted:

Disney plus is PG rated, so anything edgier than that is destined for Hulu

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Azhais posted:

Disney plus is PG rated, so anything edgier than that is destined for Hulu

I don't think that's true, they've already announced that several PG-13 MCU films will be on there

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Edmund Lava posted:

They completely own Hulu now. It was split between Disney, Fox and NBC, but obviously they own Fox now and bought out NBCs share recently.
Huh. Well, poo poo. I guess Ghost Rider's hosed then.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

LividLiquid posted:

Huh. Well, poo poo. I guess Ghost Rider's hosed then.

Apparently they have plans for him in the MCU, so the internet says.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
From what I have read they decided they want the traditional, bike riding GR.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Booooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

69 Chargers don't grow on trees, even with Disney's cheque book