Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

CRIMES CRIMES CRIMES

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/pompeo-trump-ukraine-phone-call/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shifty Pony posted:

Which of course has ?????? to do with Trump extorting foreign leaders for made up dirt on a political rival.

Why don't they rope Benghazi in there too, just for funsies?

The ultimate Red Herring argument that has no logical basis in reality, and the career Republican FBI Director was an Obama loyalist

Yep, checks out! :thumbsup:

Like the most insane loving thing of Trump and his cronies taking cues from insane Poplopoulous "Deep State" deranged theories is that YOU ARE THE PRESIDENT! Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, your extremely powerful and funded intelligence agencies would have been able to find loving anything with regards to this?

Maybe you should read your intelligence reports, and not take whatever Steve Doocey, Greg Gutfeld, or Alex loving Jones come up with you delusional loving moron.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 30, 2019

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

The ultimate Red Herring argument that has no logical basis in reality, and the career Republican FBI Director was an Obama loyalist

Yep, checks out! :thumbsup:

Maybe in by stirring up fake controversy they seek to make the Ukraine Clown Posse scandal also be fake, and except for the part where there's all this evidence, they might have something there.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

1337JiveTurkey posted:

I agree Trump's people are dumber, but Dubya took a roughly ten point approval rating hit year after year except for the bumps he got from 9/11 and the Iraq war. Trump sorta hit rock bottom 20 points higher and hasn't moved. I'm not sure what the dynamics are exactly but they do seem to be different.

Trump says the racist parts out loud

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

There's no saving Susan Collins.
Isn't she getting $7 million in campaign fundraising to keep her seat?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hope he drops dead.

I really hope he doesn't. Even if Trump visibly drops dead on live television, all this "deep state" crap means that he'll go from a cargo cult leader to a martyr figure in about fifteen minutes.

Granted, most of his followers are certainly do-nothing REMFs, but all it takes is a couple of them to cause a lot of problems. I don't even want to think about what happens to QAnon.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I confused on what things are actually going to look like after we get the transcripts. So much of Trump's defense is attacking the whistleblower, and those attacks are going to seem even dumber when the transcript makes the memo look even worse. And there won't be any deniability. I know the American public is dumb as poo poo, so I can't get my hopes up too much, but it seems like their already poo poo defenses have an incredibly short shelf-life.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wanderer posted:

I really hope he doesn't. Even if Trump visibly drops dead on live television, all this "deep state" crap means that he'll go from a cargo cult leader to a martyr figure in about fifteen minutes.

Granted, most of his followers are certainly do-nothing REMFs, but all it takes is a couple of them to cause a lot of problems. I don't even want to think about what happens to QAnon.

Literally nothing will stop these idiots from their 15 minute uprising

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Shlomo Palestein posted:

Our two kids are at the least expensive home daycare we could find near (note: not IN) Boston and it's close to $32k a year. Massachusetts has both the #1 Childcare in the country by some random ranking and the #1 most expensive in the country. I'm sure there's somewhere along the lines where the second rating could be cut without affecting the first, but of all the costs on that stupid list, childcare can absolutely be that expensive or worse.

can you imagine if you dont make 32k a year? there are a lot of people that dont.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Literally nothing will stop these idiots from their 15 minute uprising
Do we charge them all with conspiracy and give them all life sentences in max security?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Wanderer posted:

i don't want him to be martyr. i want him to live to see his life implode.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grouchio posted:

Do we charge them all with conspiracy and give them all life sentences in max security?

I'm sure it will go as well as it did for Cliven Bundy

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Grouchio posted:

Isn't she getting $7 million in campaign fundraising to keep her seat?

I thought I read some research somewhere that there was some sort of max on the effectiveness of campaign funds, like at some point you just get diminishing returns and more is not always better. I assume that she's already precarious enough with the Kavanaugh vote that she'll finish off her own chances to either win the primary by voting to convict or the general by not voting to convict regardless of how much dark money is behind her

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

1337JiveTurkey posted:

I agree Trump's people are dumber, but Dubya took a roughly ten point approval rating hit year after year except for the bumps he got from 9/11 and the Iraq war. Trump sorta hit rock bottom 20 points higher and hasn't moved. I'm not sure what the dynamics are exactly but they do seem to be different.

You know how there are Reagan Republicans? Well there's Trump Republicans and most Republicans(not all) in 2019 are Trump Racist Republicans. They firmly believe in his message and that's why his support never goes below 40%. His message resonates will them, and it will always resonates with them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I'm sure it will go as well as it did for Cliven Bundy

the only reason the bundys survived was because no died outside that one clown who tried to pull a dead eye gun pull irl. a bunch of chuds killing people would end in their deaths. plus worlds somewhat changed since bundy.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ManBoyChef posted:

can you imagine if you dont make 32k a year? there are a lot of people that dont.

That’s around what I make. And we’re stuck in a chicken or egg situation where we can’t afford childcare cuz my wife can’t work and my wife can’t work because we can’t afford childcare.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1178806474073620482

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the only reason the bundys survived was because no died outside that one clown who tried to pull a dead eye gun pull irl. a bunch of chuds killing people would end in their deaths. plus worlds somewhat changed since bundy.

My dude, they are literally arresting mass killers alive if they are white

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

No Safe Word posted:

Pretty loving funny that Michael Cohen is probably one of the best lawyers that's worked for Trump during all this because that guy is a Grade A moron.

Apparently the most honest of them too.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

No Safe Word posted:

Pretty loving funny that Michael Cohen is probably one of the best lawyers that's worked for Trump during all this because that guy is a Grade A moron.

Nah, it was definitely Roy Cohn

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Using Latin makes me look smart right??????

Like it's correct usage but still, why even add it in a loving tweet?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a little concerned that Trump has committed so many different kinds of crime he's going to actually come back around to being innocent because our judicial system was never designed to handle this much variety and quantity of crime.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rudy's been spending so much time in Eastern Europe he is beginning to think we have Liberum Veto in the House.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

It doesn't raise any issues at all Giuliani you fuckwit.

"Democrats control the house? Elections, how do they work!" Also lmao at "prejudged" how is this dude a licensed attorney.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 1, 2019

Tunafish
Jun 13, 2003
King of all that is suck
Fun Shoe

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Using Latin makes me look smart right??????

Like it's correct usage but still, why even add it in a loving tweet?

Same reason you tweet about receiving a subpoena in the first place I imagine. PLZ LOOK AT ME

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Glumslinger posted:

Nah, it was definitely Roy Cohn

Roy Cohn was an unabashedly evil and fascist monster, but the man knew how to use the law and bend and break it to his will

All of Trump's lawyers have been absolute amateurs compared to Roy Cohn

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
He already waived those privileges live on TV.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Remember that time three days ago when Rudy said he didn’t do this as his attorney but as a friend? And the fact that privilege doesn’t cover crimes? Yeah good luck.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Dog Friday posted:

If you are a GOP Senator whats the best outcome at this stage? You can't vote to impeach cause of insane Trump voter base, so Trump heart attack perhaps?

Announce retirement, vote to convict and gently caress off to a corporate or Fox news payday for the rest of your miserable life and hope that buys you enough good will with Democrats to not catch charges of your own.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Dear Judge,

I believe the officer in question prejudged my speeding ticket by reading his radar gun. By acting as my own lawyer, all of the information related to the speed of my car is privileged. I will not be paying my ticket thank you

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So all of this means that Trump really is so deluded that in his mind he really is innocent of all wrong doing and won the election without any outside assistance at all.

Sorry, a couple of pages back, but the above sentiment was being agreed to, and I think we're forgetting:

Trump tried to negotiate with Pelosi on the whistleblower complaint after she announced an impeachment inquiry. Pelosi told him to take a hike.
businessinsider.com/Sep 24, 2019
Et Alia (take that Rudy!)

The orange fecal smear doesn't make deals unless he needs to get something out of them. He knew he was hosed.

Apologies if a similar reply was made that I missed. :)

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I'm a little concerned that Trump has committed so many different kinds of crime he's going to actually come back around to being innocent because our judicial system was never designed to handle this much variety and quantity of crime.

Am feeling that that's what they're hoping for.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think you can do that...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Otteration posted:

Sorry, a couple of pages back, but the above sentiment was being agreed to, and I think we're forgetting:

Trump tried to negotiate with Pelosi on the whistleblower complaint after she announced an impeachment inquiry. Pelosi told him to take a hike.
businessinsider.com/Sep 24, 2019
Et Alia (take that Rudy!)

The orange fecal smear doesn't make deals unless he needs to get something out of them. He knew he was hosed.

Apologies if a similar reply was made that I missed. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he trying to offer her concessions on gun background checks in exchange for dropping the impeachment talk? And the next day Wayne LaPierre called Trump into his office?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Since it’s literally all projection, Trump was trying to dig up dirt on Biden’s son working in Ukraine because all his children are corrupt little shits.

He thinks that because his family is getting rich off the presidency everyone must do it, and so the Biden’s must have done it too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

My dude, they are literally arresting mass killers alive if they are white

sure but those shitheads are still gonna be in jail forever.

Data Graham posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he trying to offer her concessions on gun background checks in exchange for dropping the impeachment talk? And the next day Wayne LaPierre called Trump into his office?

it was something like that.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

eke out posted:

honestly good for the ICIG for releasing this, it not only debunks the completely insane conspiracy theory about the form being changed but it goes farther than it had to to reinforce that the complaint was good

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1178797401299181574
I think this is an important point in terms of reading the tea leaves: the ICIG not only does not appear to be willing to participate in the coverup, they appear to be actively pushing back against the coverup, unlike the AG and DNI.

*turns into a bat and flies into a closed window*

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rabble posted:

Since it’s literally all projection, Trump was trying to dig up dirt on Biden’s son working in Ukraine because all his children are corrupt little shits.

He thinks that because his family is getting rich off the presidency everyone must do it, and so the Biden’s must have done it too.

that and probably trump probably believes the emails are in the ukraine or some poo poo because putin or some moron told him that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump believes that the emails are physically printed paper in a vault somewhere. He has sub-Zoolander understanding of how computers work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump believes that the emails are physically printed paper in a vault somewhere.

"The files are in the computer?"