Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Straight White Shark posted:

I [26M] met woman [28F] who seems too good to be true and I have a few concerns

men: idk what the big deal is about going up and propositioning women wherever

also men: I WAS PROPOSITIONED BY A WOMAN IS SHE A TRANNY SERIAL KILLER

also also men: I MEAN A SERIAL KILLER WHO IS TRANSGENDER, NOT SOMEONE WHO TARGETS TRANS WOMEN LIKE NORMAL SERIAL KILLERS DO

The setup of being approached out of the blue and told they're attractive, with a third party waiting in the wings at home immediately reminded me of this amazing story:

https://www.thecut.com/2019/07/bruce-hay-paternity-trap-maria-pia-shuman-mischa-haider.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Boyfriend and I (F) just had a huge fight over a coupon, I’m really not sure where to go from here.

quote:

My boyfriend of 5 years and I gift each other “relationship coupons” on occasion for like 30 minute back rubs, buying dinner, movie dates etc.

They’re like cheap gifts basically so they’ve become kind of a thing.

His grandma recently passed away two weeks ago so I gave him a few different coupons and let him know he can change any of them out for whatever he wants. He was going through a pretty hard time so I figured this was something light hearted that may be a bit difference than what everyone else was doing for him and it’s something we already do so.

Tonight he decided to redeem the 30 minute back rub one which was fine by me. Like 10 minutes in I really wasn’t feeling that up to it and kept getting distracted so I asked him if he’d be fine if I just did the rest tomorrow. He said yeah, but then started getting super “entitled” I guess you could say? He was saying how since I’m not keeping my word then I should do 20 minutes tomorrow and 20 minutes the next day., and then even said that he should just not honor any of the coupons he’s given me recently for my birthday.

I just laughed because that’s a little much for just wanting to postpone a back rub. Meanwhile, I’m feeling a little odd because it’s just a back rub and a stupid coupon? So I’m not seeing the issue of why he’s getting so possessive over it?? We went back and forth a bit, and I whole heartedly admit I was being a bit of a smart rear end by saying “well if you don’t honor the ones you gave me then what’s the point in me ever giving you a coupon again if they’re just all going to be voided at some point” and just kind of egging him on- which again, is completely my fault.

But then he threw his phone at the wall (he’s absolutely NEVER done this before) and asked me if I was stupid. And then started going off on some sort of rant about how this is a free country and he’s entitled to void any coupon he sees fit. And then at this point I remind him that this is over a silly paper coupon with stupid doodles on it. I’m also livid that he called me stupid so I tell him he does not speak to me that way EVER.

He flips out and says that the way I talk to him makes him want to “blow his brains out” and right now he’s crying in the other room.

I’m really really feeling like this has something to do with his grandma just dying because he took it really really hard. She basically raised him for a lot of his life and his mom was just over tonight talking about her and it sounds like there’s a lot of stress going on about the finances and whatnot.

So I really want to be sympathetic and not push it when he’s already feeling down and crappy, but at the same time I don’t want to be giving him some sort of free pass to have talked to me that way?? I tried talking to him and he’s telling me that I’m abusive and I’m a liar and I don’t keep my word. Again, this is over a COUPON.

I’m really really at a loss for what to do, or how to approach him now. We’ve had arguments before but it has never gotten to that point and never been over something so silly.

TLDR: stupid argument leads to boyfriend calling me stupid and crying in the other room. I’m not really sure what to do.

There's a reason we abandoned the bartering economy

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Maybe don't reduce your relationship to a series of transactions.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Is it possible to get a divorce on paper even if me and my wife don't want to split up?

quote:

I married my wife last year, and despite my contentions with actually filing with the court house and getting it done on paper, she eventually guilt tripped me into signing a marriage license and we are now legally married. Well, this has been something that's been eating me up ever since, I feel extremely tied down and I'm afraid for my finances if our marriage ever fails, especially since we're both pretty young (Me 27, wife 25).

I finally landed a decent job and I want to start aggressively investing so I can retire early. However, my wife isn't the brightest when it comes to financial planning, and I fear that this could be a strain in our marriage years down the road if I retire and she still has to work a 9-5. Why put my finances at stake if the marriage doesn't work our? We've been together for years and we've never merged our finances, even after the marriage.

I have a close friend my age who just had his wife leave him because she "wasn't happy". I hear these stories all the time... The marriage is perfect and all of a sudden one of the partners out of the blue just isn't happy anymore. I want to protect my finances from relationship trouble in the future.

We are both perfectly happy with one another, and our young son just turned 1 year old. I have no desires to leave her, but my desires to protect my finances at all cost far outweighs the importance of some dumb piece of paper that a judge can look at and decide to financially cripple me for the rest of my life.

Is there a way to get a divorce without splitting any assets? I just want to not be married to her on paper anymore. I've talked to her about this and she's not completely opposed to the idea, since our ideas of marriage were so drastically different.

*Edit: I also have a family house that will be going into my name that I'm interested in protecting.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Maybe don't reduce your relationship to a series of transactions.

I want to see the Costco of relationships now

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

Boyfriend and I (F) just had a huge fight over a coupon, I’m really not sure where to go from here.

There's a reason we abandoned the bartering economy

my dude needs to :therapy:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

A free lunch every visit comprised of lovingly offered samples?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pinecone Sample posted:

quote:

I’m really really feeling like this has something to do with his grandma just dying

DO YOU THINK?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Blind furry sexually harassing me at work. [FL]

[Update] Blind furry sexually harassing me at work. [FL]

Hope the gross cretin gets hit by a bus, and that the manager gets shitcanned for his breathtaking incompetence. Holy poo poo this story made me so mad.

My wife used to work service jobs at a couple of places during college. One place was a movie theatre where the jackass manager had a friend who would come in and loiter in the lobby. He'd watch movies from time to time, but mostly he'd just linger for hours on end and bother the minimum wage high school and college students working the box office and concession stand. He took a liking to my wife (then, friend) and took advantage of the fact that she was a captive audience for his inanity and creepiness. One time he asked her to loving braid his long, greasy hair. She said no, and he insisted again. She said no on the obvious grounds that she was working a concession stand and that was therefore loving disgusting. He insisted again, saying she could switch with the guy at the box office. He browbeat her into it because he kept threatening to get mad about it, and he was friends with the manager. Like the creepy furry, he absolutely knew the hosed up power dynamic at play and was using it to creep on a woman 30+ years his junior.

My point here is that women working in service jobs, and particularly young women, are inevitably going to run into some gross creep. It's not a matter of "if," but "when." The only way that's going to change is for managers to stiffen-up and deal with these fucksticks like they're supposed to, and the rest of us to stop rationalizing this poo poo like we saw a few pages ago in this thread. If you see someone taking advantage of a service employee's attention, confront them. The manager might be a sniveling coward like the one in the furry story or my wife's manager, but you as a customer have nothing to lose.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In America you could get shot over it, which is why an armed society is never a polite society.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

monkeytennis posted:

Fuckin goons man. This thread is giving me anxiety worrying about it’s inevitable lockdown.

If you weren't part of the "fuckin goons man" contingent, you wouldn't be anxious about its inevitable lockdown, you'd be advocating as tirelessly as possible for it to both be gassed and everybody posting more than 100 times in it to be chemically castrated

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Theoretically the job where it would be okay to ask someone out while they’re doing it would be cop, because the power dynamic flows the other way, but you still shouldn’t because don’t gently caress cops.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Barudak posted:

Welcome to Costco. I love you.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean at this point I’m not sure what can help you.

Have you ever thought about trains. They are really cool

lol

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

snergle posted:

im not religious by god im going to make this boy love me and god.

The waspiest post. Godparents are not inherently a religious thing even if it tends to come with ceremonies and churches, it's a cultural thing big in Catholic/Orthodox groups. It's more expanded family network type poo poo and can be mega seriously taken in some families.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

TheScott2K posted:

Extra large goons on sale in aisle six! Just bottom of the barrel bargain pricing, people! Samples are available!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

holy gently caress the advice lady is going to get called the c word a whole lot

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Railing Kill posted:

Hope the gross cretin gets hit by a bus, and that the manager gets shitcanned for his breathtaking incompetence. Holy poo poo this story made me so mad.

My wife used to work service jobs at a couple of places during college. One place was a movie theatre where the jackass manager had a friend who would come in and loiter in the lobby. He'd watch movies from time to time, but mostly he'd just linger for hours on end and bother the minimum wage high school and college students working the box office and concession stand. He took a liking to my wife (then, friend) and took advantage of the fact that she was a captive audience for his inanity and creepiness. One time he asked her to loving braid his long, greasy hair. She said no, and he insisted again. She said no on the obvious grounds that she was working a concession stand and that was therefore loving disgusting. He insisted again, saying she could switch with the guy at the box office. He browbeat her into it because he kept threatening to get mad about it, and he was friends with the manager. Like the creepy furry, he absolutely knew the hosed up power dynamic at play and was using it to creep on a woman 30+ years his junior.

My point here is that women working in service jobs, and particularly young women, are inevitably going to run into some gross creep. It's not a matter of "if," but "when." The only way that's going to change is for managers to stiffen-up and deal with these fucksticks like they're supposed to, and the rest of us to stop rationalizing this poo poo like we saw a few pages ago in this thread. If you see someone taking advantage of a service employee's attention, confront them. The manager might be a sniveling coward like the one in the furry story or my wife's manager, but you as a customer have nothing to lose.

This.

I remember working in the print store one night, alone, and a line of customers built up, as happens around the holidays. The dude I was trying to help lost his poo poo when I couldn't complete his project within an hour (I mean, the line was like 6 people all wanting to print calendars and poo poo, that takes time), and started screaming how worthless I was, what a bitch I was, and pretty much reducing me to trying not to cry.

Not a single loving person in that line did anything. A few looked away, a few more watched their phones, and when the dude stormed away, the next person came up, tossed their USB to me, and told me what they wanted printed asap. I never forgot that so it's my mission now when i see that poo poo, I have to stop it. Or at least tell the oval office customer to lay the gently caress off.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Yawgmoth posted:

I've worked retail before, I know how they view most customers. I also know that the regulars who aren't shitheads are generally liked and looked forward to, and that every now and then one such regular will ask out an employee and, to what I am sure is a concept as horrifying as it is disgusting to you fuckers here, results in a real actual relationship! And so, in a momentary lapse in judgment, I hoped against all previous experience that someone in this thread might set aside their perpetual hatred of the concept of interpersonal relationships and consider that the premise of "never try to be anything to anyone because they all probably hate you anyways" might be just slightly flawed.

You know nothing.

Tipping puts an entirely different spin on it than retail will ever see.

Don't loving hit on the waitstaff.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pinecone Sample posted:

Is it possible to get a divorce on paper even if me and my wife don't want to split up?

I wonder if the aggressive investing he wants to do to retire early is crypto currency.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I guess other than cops are there other situations where the power dynamic is reversed? Almost always the person who isn’t at work has more power than the person who is. Maybe... a doctor... who’s operating on you right now... but even then they swore an oath to do no harm... I guess the Hippocratic Oath is the doctor equivalent of tipping?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

In the Costco of relationships, you can ask your partner to take back something they said three years ago and they'll do it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I wonder if the aggressive investing he wants to do to retire early is crypto currency.

I dont think his wife even knows of his plan or that she thinks hes dumb so oh yeah, its crypto city

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

You know nothing.

Tipping puts an entirely different spin on it than retail will ever see.

Don't loving hit on the waitstaff.

I can't imagine there's a single female server who hasn't had the "phone number on check" move, or the "But I tipped you so well...?" when they have to turn someone down and suddenly later their manager is asking why that table requested a different waitress because she was so rude to them last time.\

Thankfully it seems like there are only a few bad apples in this thread dismissing the idea of flirting with a service employee as toxic because anyone who's actually worked a client facing job, service or otherwise, knows that the opinions of the clients&customers are so much more important then the actual truth you can be fired at the drop of a hat for not being polite enough to a greasy middle aged man cornering you and insisting you go on a date with them.

Some bosses are good, and back their employees. Some are not, and with high turnover entry staff jobs the easiest solution is "Don't come back into work you have a bad attitude"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pinecone Sample posted:

In the Costco of relationships, you can ask your partner to take back something they said three years ago and they'll do it

And you need to show receipts for everything you take away

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pirate Radar posted:

Theoretically the job where it would be okay to ask someone out while they’re doing it would be cop, because the power dynamic flows the other way, but you still shouldn’t because don’t gently caress cops.

Sounds like I totally misunderstood that song by NWA then...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

I dont think his wife even knows of his plan or that she thinks hes dumb so oh yeah, its crypto city

Based on the bitcoin threads, I think this had to go like:

"Honey, I want to buy into crypto before MoonCoin goes to the moon"

"That's dumb we have an infant to think of"

*starts plotting to divorce this obviously financial illiterate woman who's holding him back*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Based on the bitcoin threads, I think this had to go like:

"Honey, I want to buy into crypto before MoonCoin goes to the moon"

"That's dumb we have an infant to think of"

*starts plotting to divorce this obviously financial illiterate woman who's holding him back*

I want to believe she very quietly "thats nice dear"d him confident knowing he doesnt even know what bank their money is stored in.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I bet his plan is that if he has to pay alimony he will charge his wife an equal amount of rent, plus an administrative fee.

Also someone in that thread suggested a post-nuptual agreement and:

quote:

It's actually funny you mentioned this.. The only reason I finally caved to a marriage was because I learned about Post Nuptial agreements. HOWEVER, I didn't do my due diligence and they're not recognized in the state of Ohio... Womp womp.

Get hosed, rear end in a top hat.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Some of the Sheep posted:

The setup of being approached out of the blue and told they're attractive, with a third party waiting in the wings at home immediately reminded me of this amazing story:

https://www.thecut.com/2019/07/bruce-hay-paternity-trap-maria-pia-shuman-mischa-haider.html

Wow, that's one Hell of a read. :psyboom:.

The follow-up story linked at the end was quite the chaser too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cant believe Im saying this but go Ohio

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Some of the Sheep posted:

I have so many questions

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Danaru posted:

DO YOU THINK?

Oh the stories of what my SO pulled when my mom and later my sister passed away... :smithicide:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Barudak posted:

That's called a red light district, Barudak.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

The Chad Jihad posted:

I love it; I've decided that guy is a real life version of this comic

I never knew that comic had more than two panels

snergle posted:

im not religious by god im going to make this boy love me and god.

also this story was hard af to follow shes all over the place.

She left out a lot between

quote:

After my godson, we'll call him Jimmy, was born I did everything I could to help her out. His father wasn't around so I would babysit, buy him formula when she was having trouble breast feeding, diaper changes, helping teach him to walk and talk and eat on his own.

And

quote:

Jimmy decided it'd be a good idea to scream "YOU'RE NOT MY GOD MOTHER!", spit at me and threw things at me. This is not the first time this happened. Every time I try to hug him or say hello, he spits at me and tells me he hates me.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Barudak posted:

I really don't want to shop at the Brigham Young Warehouse.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not changing my tattoo based on my childs pronouns?

Throwaway for obvious reasons. Basically I [M42] got tattoos of the names of all 3 of my children. I got them going down my arm and they read from top to bottom (not actual names) "Andy, Sara, Kate". I had these tattoos all done at once after Kate was born knowing she would be my last. My oldest child Andy[T22] came out as trans and has decided she only goes by female pronouns now. My wife[F41] immediately supported her and made sure that I would too without any arguement or else she would divorce me. It was a huge family issue for a while but eventually it was solved and everything has been good for the last little while. I'm slowly learning more and trying to accept my daughter and her new pronouns and her name change to Athena.

The problem arose yesterday when my wife and Athena sat down with me and told me there was an issue. The tattoo going down my arm still reads "Andy" and not "Athena" and my wife claims this is hurting our daughter and putting a strain on our relationship. My wife told me she wants me to get it touched up to correct it but I explained to her tattoos don't work like that and you can't just change "Andy" to "Athena". I told her I would most likely need laser tattoo removal surgery and then would need to pay the cost of a brand new tattoo which I can not afford either of. I explained how my tattoo is such a non issue that I don't understand why this needs to be brought up now. Athena yelled at me and called me a lovely father and said if I don't support who she is, I just need to leave her life. My wife threatened to go stay with her parents with the kids if I don't "get my act together". I personally don't see the reason to change the tattoo and this feels like a bigger problem then it should be.

So im basically wondering if im the rear end in a top hat in this situation.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Boyfriend (30m) always wants to have sex late at night as I (22f) am trying to fall asleep.

Boyfriend and I have been together 2 years. I spend 5 days of the week with him at his place usually. We both have very high libidos, we have sex every day, usually twice a day. The only thing that drives me crazy is that he ALWAYS wants to fool around right before bed. We already go to bed late, our sleep schedule is 2am to 10am, and we're usually in bed no earlier than 1am. But no matter what time we get into bed, even if it's 4am and we both need to be up early, he ALWAYS wants to fool around. I'll be half asleep cuddling him and then he puts my hand on his crotch. I'm fine with that but he's never good with just a little bit of touching. It always has to lead to sex.

If I say I'm too tired or something he gets butthurt and doesn't want to cuddle. Also, sex always is a huge ordeal. If it was just a quicky I wouldn't mind as much, but he requires a lot of mental stimulation to get off as well so I have to be fully awake. And then there's showering after and suddenly it's an hour later and I'm just exhausted and miserable in the morning. If I'm really persistent on not wanting to do it, usually a few hours later we'll wake up or he wakes me up horny again.

How can I handle this? I know that it can hurt your feelings when you're rejected from sex because I've felt that way too, but he seems to take it really personally and get offended if I'm not in the mood or physically exhausted, and I just want to have a good nights sleep for once! Also, I feel like what he wants me to do requires a lot of work when I'm half asleep. (Always includes a good amount of foreplay for him)

Tl;dr boyfriend keeping both of us from getting good sleep by wanting sex right before bed driving me crazy

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Grape posted:

Godparents are not inherently a religious thing even if it tends to come with ceremonies and churches, .

How do you manage to dress yourself

thatguy posted:

If you weren't part of the "fuckin goons man" contingent, you wouldn't be anxious about its inevitable lockdown, you'd be advocating as tirelessly as possible for it to both be gassed and everybody posting more than 100 times in it to be chemically castrated

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Don't gently caress it up, I haven't even had the chance to ask who had the reports high score :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Smirking_Serpent posted:

. My wife[F41] immediately supported her and made sure that I would too without any arguement or else she would divorce me. It was a huge family issue for a while but eventually it was solved and everything has been good for the last little while.

i can't pick which is the biggest lie or which word is doing the most lifting. it's a tonsillolith of bullshit.